Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread 20:33 - Apr 7 with 83471 viewsexiledclaseboy

About time we had one and it's got the word "official" in the title so that makes all the difference. If a mod wants to sticky it, feel free.

I seem to remember that five years ago (on the old, better Planet Swans) we got to nearly 100 pages and then another 60odd with the "aftermath" thread. They were good fun but there were more posters then and we were all a bit more tolerant of others' views. Let's try to be nice to each other, eh.

Anyway, best site for opinion polls is this one in my experience:

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/

Polls are so tight the only conclusion is that the Tories and Labour are head to head nationwide. Can't put a whisker between them.

Tories need about 39-40% for an overall majority. Labour will probably get one on 36-37%. God bless our ridiculous voting system.

So, enjoy yourselves. I'll start with a prediction. Labour to win most seats but slightly fewer votes than the Tories and end up forming some kind of minority government with support from various parliamentary lefties on a vote by vote basis. And then all of a sudden many Tory supporters will discover that they've always hated first past the post and can't understand why we perpetuate a system under which the party which more people voted for than any other can lose the election. It'll be quite funny and lead to calls for a proper voting system. Which everyone will forget about in six months when all the fuss has died down.

What say you?

Poll: Tory leader

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 14:59 - Apr 16 with 1655 viewsCottsy

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 14:06 - Apr 16 by Lord_Bony

No but the British Met Office is respected in the scientific community worldwide.

If they say there is no global warming then it is what it is...FACT.

But the Met Office are not saying that there is no global warming, they are saying the exact opposite of that.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/research/news/2015/complex-patterns-local-warming

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/research/news/2015/variations-rate-global-warming

If man evolved from monkeys why do we still have monkeys?

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 15:04 - Apr 16 with 1647 viewsLord_Bony

Dont even get me started on those cants at East Anglia university....they have huge influence and many organisations and political parties get lots of money to carry on this myth of global warming....

A new batch of 5,000 emails among scientists central to the assertion that humans are causing a global warming crisis were anonymously released to the public yesterday, igniting a new firestorm of controversy nearly two years to the day after similar emails ignited the Climategate scandal.

Three themes are emerging from the newly released emails: (1) prominent scientists central to the global warming debate are taking measures to conceal rather than disseminate underlying data and discussions; (2) these scientists view global warming as a political “cause” rather than a balanced scientific inquiry and (3) many of these scientists frankly admit to each other that much of the science is weak and dependent on deliberate manipulation of facts and data.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamestaylor/2011/11/23/climategate-2-0-new-e-mails-r

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 17:46 - Apr 16 with 1585 viewslibertine

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 18:20 - Apr 15 by waynekerr55

This is nothing new. Chukka ummuna said that it's not illegal to give jobs to nationals first.

I need this info about chukka can you direct me to it,

I've looked all over google and can't find it

labour council says its not true he has not said it
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 17:51 - Apr 16 with 1575 viewstrampie

Nice pre match pics of Leanne and Nicola on the net before tonights big match, the usual Leanne smiling with Nicola with her arm round the shoulder also smiling, go ladies go.

Leanne is apparently opening the batting, just hope she can negotiate the first few overs and get into the match.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2015 17:58]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 18:27 - Apr 16 with 1551 viewsperchrockjack

Where have I mentioned lovely Leanne batting for the other side.
Just as well LISA aint around as the Scottish answer to kd lang is starting to grate on me now.

There s only so much Jock crap you can stomach; Im surprised she hasn't dug up Jimmy Shand and Andy Stewart to come to the Party.

Leanne,( I heard her briefly today sadly) speaking to the British electorate at large means I ll be eschewing all television this evening. No offence but hope she s not wearing red again tonight as her nationalist chum is fond of that colour and it would be sad if they had a clash of outfits but looking at these two I doubt they d notice or be bothered.

Sorry to get personal but its better than their inane political claptrap.

tsch

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 18:39 - Apr 16 with 1546 viewsJackfath

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:51 - Apr 15 by acejack3065

Vote Plaid in the Gower and you'll end up with Byron "I f**king hate Andrew RT" Davies. No thanks!

Why?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 18:51 - Apr 16 with 1541 viewsyescomeon

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 18:27 - Apr 16 by perchrockjack

Where have I mentioned lovely Leanne batting for the other side.
Just as well LISA aint around as the Scottish answer to kd lang is starting to grate on me now.

There s only so much Jock crap you can stomach; Im surprised she hasn't dug up Jimmy Shand and Andy Stewart to come to the Party.

Leanne,( I heard her briefly today sadly) speaking to the British electorate at large means I ll be eschewing all television this evening. No offence but hope she s not wearing red again tonight as her nationalist chum is fond of that colour and it would be sad if they had a clash of outfits but looking at these two I doubt they d notice or be bothered.

Sorry to get personal but its better than their inane political claptrap.

tsch

Going off facebook she is wearing pink.

Upthecity!

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:08 - Apr 16 with 1529 viewsHighjack

I know Polls aren't particularly accurate, Lewandowksi aside (boom boom) but these ones all put the Kippers into third place in Wales, making the party of Wales the 4th most appealing party in Wales after Labour and the Tories.

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/blog/archives/category/wales

http://blogs.cardiff.ac.uk/electionsinwales/wp-content/uploads/sites/100/2013/07

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-31018241

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:10 - Apr 16 with 1528 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 10:48 - Apr 16 by tomdickharry

Conservatives to win with an increased overall majority,Milliband to be ditched by Labour. Or is the better option Labour to win propped up by the SNP with Alex Salmond as Deputy PM. those are the two situations the country is faced with,give me the former anyday and probably many sitting on the fence in the Shires who left the Conservatives at the last election will return to the camp.

A couple of things. The Tories don't have an overall majority to increase. Alex Salmond will never be deputy PM (which is a meaningless non-job anyway, a vanity title). The Tories increased their vote at the last election so not many who left will return.

Apart from that, spot on.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:11 - Apr 16 with 1521 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:08 - Apr 16 by Highjack

I know Polls aren't particularly accurate, Lewandowksi aside (boom boom) but these ones all put the Kippers into third place in Wales, making the party of Wales the 4th most appealing party in Wales after Labour and the Tories.

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/blog/archives/category/wales

http://blogs.cardiff.ac.uk/electionsinwales/wp-content/uploads/sites/100/2013/07

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-31018241

I fully expect UKIP to get a (possibly significantly) higher share of the vote in Wales than Plaid. The vagaries of first past the post though mean that they won't get any seats to show for it.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:13 - Apr 16 with 1466 viewsexiledclaseboy

Another debate tonight. Labour, UKIP, SNP, Plaid, Green. Cameron sh*t out and told Clegg he wasn't allowed to do it either so that Cammers wasn't the only one who wasn't there. Pathetic. Still, he's allowed his rivals a free run tonight while not allowing his government to be represented to defend its record. The impact will probably be minimal but it could be interesting.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:21 - Apr 16 with 1461 viewsJackfath

Still don't know why a vote for Plaid in Gower will result in the Conservative candidate getting in.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:26 - Apr 16 with 1455 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:21 - Apr 16 by Jackfath

Still don't know why a vote for Plaid in Gower will result in the Conservative candidate getting in.

Plaid finished a distant fourth in Gower last time. Tories are the only real challenger to the Labour incumbent. The theory is that any vote for one of the minor parties in that constituency is likely to reduce the Labour voate making it more possible that the Tories will snatch the seat. I can't see that happening, I think Labour will increase their majority there and UKIP will reduce the Tory vote. Your vote for Plaid is harmless (and meaningless, I'm sorry to say).

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:27 - Apr 16 with 1452 viewsJackfath

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:26 - Apr 16 by exiledclaseboy

Plaid finished a distant fourth in Gower last time. Tories are the only real challenger to the Labour incumbent. The theory is that any vote for one of the minor parties in that constituency is likely to reduce the Labour voate making it more possible that the Tories will snatch the seat. I can't see that happening, I think Labour will increase their majority there and UKIP will reduce the Tory vote. Your vote for Plaid is harmless (and meaningless, I'm sorry to say).

I am well aware of that. However to have the notion of voting for Labour with the main reason that one doesn't want conservatives to get in is mental.

People voting labour. Why?

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:28 - Apr 16 with 1450 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:13 - Apr 16 by exiledclaseboy

Another debate tonight. Labour, UKIP, SNP, Plaid, Green. Cameron sh*t out and told Clegg he wasn't allowed to do it either so that Cammers wasn't the only one who wasn't there. Pathetic. Still, he's allowed his rivals a free run tonight while not allowing his government to be represented to defend its record. The impact will probably be minimal but it could be interesting.

Could work in Dave's favour.

Labour battling it out with the also-rans while the party in power (ish) looks on from above...
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:30 - Apr 16 with 1446 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:28 - Apr 16 by WarwickHunt

Could work in Dave's favour.

Labour battling it out with the also-rans while the party in power (ish) looks on from above...

Aye I can see that thinking and I've no doubt that's what the Eton Mess are hoping/thinking. I just think most of those watching (who care) will wonder why the f*ck the PM and his mucker Clegg couldn't be bothered to turn up.

It'll probably be the BBC's fault. I'll hang on for Bluey to confirm though.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:35 - Apr 16 with 1434 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:27 - Apr 16 by Jackfath

I am well aware of that. However to have the notion of voting for Labour with the main reason that one doesn't want conservatives to get in is mental.

People voting labour. Why?

Well I'm sure there are those who feel that despite its myriad faults Labour represents the best and (more importantly) most realistic option for them and what they believe in. I'm one of those this time round (still a few weeks to go mind and I'm notoriously fickle with my vote). I'm all for tactical voting as well. But that depends whether you're more anti one party than pro-any other. If I lived in such a constituency I'd happily vote for the candidate with the best chance of beating the Tories. Unless that candidate is a UKIPer. I have limits.

There's an interesting article on this theme here:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/apr/15/britain-rotten-electoral-sy

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:48 - Apr 16 with 1424 viewstrampie

Ironically if UKIP do well in Llanelli and Ynys Mon, Plaid might just pull off an upset in those seats, as UKIP are likely to take votes off Plaids rivals yet UKIP are very unlikely to take many votes off Plaid if any.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:51 - Apr 16 with 1416 viewsJackfath

If everyone always has the same attitude of having to vote Labour as they dont want Conservative, nothing will ever change. It's a shit system and its little wonder so may can't be bothered with it all.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:53 - Apr 16 with 1415 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:51 - Apr 16 by Jackfath

If everyone always has the same attitude of having to vote Labour as they dont want Conservative, nothing will ever change. It's a shit system and its little wonder so may can't be bothered with it all.

No arguments from me on that. The sooner we get an electoral system which means that every vote is represented the better. Until then, you're right, nothing of substance will change.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:55 - Apr 16 with 1412 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:48 - Apr 16 by trampie

Ironically if UKIP do well in Llanelli and Ynys Mon, Plaid might just pull off an upset in those seats, as UKIP are likely to take votes off Plaids rivals yet UKIP are very unlikely to take many votes off Plaid if any.

Not sure about that. Many give their vote to Plaid as a protest not out of some deep rooted philosophical attachment or belief in nationalism. That vote could just as easily be given to UKIP.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:03 - Apr 16 with 1394 viewsHighjack

Is it a coincidence that the BBC have put Farage on the right?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:08 - Apr 16 with 1388 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:03 - Apr 16 by Highjack

Is it a coincidence that the BBC have put Farage on the right?

Stage left...
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:23 - Apr 16 with 1369 viewsHighjack

Either way he's just lost any supporter he ever had in Scotland.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 20:24 - Apr 16 with 1365 viewsexiledclaseboy

Nats and Greens arguing about who can spend the most cash that doesn't exist.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024