Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leon Britton 17:07 - Apr 26 with 4391 viewsJackfath

Sadly as the sun goes down on a fantastic career, it's left me wondering about Leon.

What will become of him? A place in the coaching set up? An Ambassador role like his chum LT10 or should he be cast into life without SCFC and open up a pub or become a postman?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Leon Britton on 17:19 - Apr 26 with 3417 viewsbuilthjack

He will surely do his badges and go into coaching/management. Great football brain.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Leon Britton on 17:26 - Apr 26 with 3378 viewsjacabertawe

I would like to say Leon given a game before the season end.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Leon Britton on 17:26 - Apr 26 with 3377 viewsmagicdaps10

Will go onto the Swansea City coaching/management conveyor belt surely !?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Leon Britton on 17:41 - Apr 26 with 3312 viewsphact0rri

Come to the US and play in the MLS for a few years, before returning to south wales as development coach for our U21's.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Leon Britton on 17:59 - Apr 26 with 3221 viewsmonmouth

Leon Britton on 17:41 - Apr 26 by phact0rri

Come to the US and play in the MLS for a few years, before returning to south wales as development coach for our U21's.

Too far from his daughter mun.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Leon Britton on 18:21 - Apr 26 with 3113 viewsSweyns_Eye

He'd be ideal as coach of the U16's. He's the same size for one thing.

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.
Poll: How long do you think Monk will last managing Leeds?

Leon Britton on 18:57 - Apr 26 with 2987 viewsWhiterockin

Don't be surprised if he goes on the coaching staff at Everton and teams up with his old room mate. They spent many hours analysing tactics on away trips.
Leon Britton on 19:04 - Apr 26 with 2959 viewsDarran

Leon Britton on 18:57 - Apr 26 by Whiterockin

Don't be surprised if he goes on the coaching staff at Everton and teams up with his old room mate. They spent many hours analysing tactics on away trips.

Ex-mate.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Leon Britton on 19:06 - Apr 26 with 2951 viewsWhiterockin

Leon Britton on 19:04 - Apr 26 by Darran

Ex-mate.

Because he didn't take him with him?
Leon Britton on 20:30 - Apr 26 with 2698 viewsLeonisGod

Leon Britton on 18:21 - Apr 26 by Sweyns_Eye

He'd be ideal as coach of the U16's. He's the same size for one thing.

Typo there, I'll just correct it for us:

He'd be ideal as coach of the U6's. He's the same size for one thing.
Leon Britton on 20:50 - Apr 26 with 2639 viewsmorningstar

Why bring LT10 into it? Most of us know he could still do a job for us if called upon.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Leon Britton on 21:19 - Apr 26 with 2556 viewsswancity

Time for him find a new club, he has a lot to offer a championship or league one side with good football principles but he is virtually finished at this level (sadly). Possibly got another two seasons in those little legs if he drops down.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Leon Britton on 21:22 - Apr 26 with 2541 viewsKilkennyjack

U18s cos full time environment. Start tomorrow. Share that football brain.

Beware of the Risen People

Leon Britton on 21:40 - Apr 26 with 2480 viewsHighjack

Have I missed something?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Leon Britton on 21:59 - Apr 26 with 2399 viewsDafyddHuw

Leon Britton on 21:40 - Apr 26 by Highjack

Have I missed something?

Innit.

Rumours of his death have been greatly exaggerated.
Leon Britton on 22:26 - Apr 26 with 2306 viewsDewi1jack

Think 'ickle Leon will still be on our playing staff for at least next season, possibly 1 or 2 after that.
Not sure if he'll go into coaching or into TV punditry- IMHO he's been pretty good at that the few times I've seen him do it, good money- hrs not to bad etc

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Leon Britton on 22:32 - Apr 26 with 2285 viewscwrw

Leon must remain at the club when he calls time on his playing career. Imagine what the youngsters coming through will learn from Leon about the game, tactics, what the club is all about and no little skill either. Great player and living legend
Leon Britton on 00:02 - Apr 27 with 2154 viewsScoobyWho

I see Leon as more special than the likes of say Tatey, and in fact as special as any player we have had in recent years. But he has made his money, many times over and has enough to settle down to do whatever he wants for the rest of his life. If he has skills and valuable ones he maybe should, if qualified have a job at the club. If not, the same as Taytey it has to be, cheers. Thanks, Goodbye.

No time for sentimental gestures if giving him a job is just that, because of who he is isn't good enough. If it's want he can offer and improves what we have, then that's slightly different. But it's Swansea City remember, not Leon Britton.

And that matters more than anything or anyone.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Leon Britton on 07:41 - Apr 27 with 2050 viewsSwan91

even though I don't think it's over yet (i can see another season of sub appearences from him) I think he should definitely join the coaching set up whenever he retires.

his passing style and possession play is key to our tactics working out so teaching that to young players at an early age will only gives us an advantage of bringing in our own talent!.
Leon Britton on 08:33 - Apr 27 with 1986 viewsJackSomething

Leon Britton on 21:19 - Apr 26 by swancity

Time for him find a new club, he has a lot to offer a championship or league one side with good football principles but he is virtually finished at this level (sadly). Possibly got another two seasons in those little legs if he drops down.

What on earth in his performances this season make you think he's finished at this level? Injuries are taking their toll, but his performances when fit haven't looked too different to previous seasons for me. Leon was never about pace or tearing all over the pitch. If he can remain relatively healthy, there's a place for him in the squad for at least another season, if not more.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Leon Britton on 09:19 - Apr 27 with 1925 viewsPrivate_Partz

Leon Britton on 22:26 - Apr 26 by Dewi1jack

Think 'ickle Leon will still be on our playing staff for at least next season, possibly 1 or 2 after that.
Not sure if he'll go into coaching or into TV punditry- IMHO he's been pretty good at that the few times I've seen him do it, good money- hrs not to bad etc

I agree. Far too early to write him off. Personal problems, injury and Jack Cork have kept him out of the side. I suspect he will play more next season and would not be surprised if he gets a couple of games as the season ends.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Leon Britton on 09:47 - Apr 27 with 1888 viewsBloodyhills

I hope he will have some role in the club, if he wants one.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Leon Britton on 11:02 - Apr 27 with 1814 viewswaynekerr55

Leon Britton on 19:06 - Apr 26 by Whiterockin

Because he didn't take him with him?

Because he allegedly told him to run down his contract and promised him a Bosman, only to renege without even calling him.

Spineless c*nt

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Leon Britton on 13:18 - Apr 27 with 1674 viewsCopperJack

Leon Britton on 11:02 - Apr 27 by waynekerr55

Because he allegedly told him to run down his contract and promised him a Bosman, only to renege without even calling him.

Spineless c*nt

Did Leon ever run down his contract? Or do you mean when he went to Sheffield United?

Personally, I'd love to see Leon stay at the club in any capacity, like Trunds. We're not just another football club. How many clubs have players who have represented them throughout the four divisions? Leon is within the top 2/3 signings we've made since Huw and the board took control and played such an integral part of our climb. Loyalty should be rewarded, the guy is a Swansea hero.

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

Leon Britton on 13:50 - Apr 27 with 1624 viewsjackportis

Simple turf curtis out and swap him.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024