Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anything you've achieved later on in life? 05:50 - May 5 with 1427 viewswespens

Thinking about Stuart Bingham - anything you achieved a bit later in life? Brother had first kid at 46 and I did my first marathon at 44.

Stuart Bingham beat Shaun Murphy 18-15 in a gripping final at the Crucible to win his first World Championship.
Bingham began the final session with a 14-11 lead and won an epic 64-minute frame at 15-15 to close in on victory.
The 38-year-old made a break of 65 to go 17-15 in front and clinched the title with a brilliant 88.
Bingham, from Basildon, becomes the oldest snooker world champion since Welshman Ray Reardon won the title aged 45 in 1978.
He collected a winner's cheque for £300,000 and will rise from 10th to second in the world rankings.
"At one stage at 15-15 I thought I was going to do Shaun's [runner-up] speech," Bingham told BBC Sport. "It was a 64-minute frame to go 16-15 and that really calmed me down.

Poll: Would you ever play John Lundstram again?

Anything you've achieved later on in life? on 09:05 - May 5 with 1416 viewscamberwell1

Yes one or two things.

1. At 51, playing for the Civil Service FC in Londinium (near BRB no less), we won the London Vets League and Cup (double) last season, losing just one match in 23 matches (exhausting, especially as we had no matches for 3 months - weather, from Jan - March)

2. This season we finished 2nd/3rd in the same lge (but beat the new Champions (their only defeat) and lost in the semi's of the Cup. Probably hang up me boots now though Lord only knows what I'll do on Saturday.

3. Passed my gardening and Business course exams last year after being made redundant by HM's Govmnt (lovely people!)

4. Now running me own gardening business (just over one year) and run off me feet. Not enough days in the week or staff to assist.

5. Doing an arboriculture course too (that's births, deaths and marriages of trees to you).

6. Playing a bit of rock n roll music (not done for 25 years) and generally having fun

Anyone else?
Cambers
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024