Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s 07:05 - May 6 with 6744 viewsthomasJack

http://m.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Newcastle-agree-15-million-deal-Swansea-Ci

Poll: Next signing

Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 07:17 - May 6 with 3944 viewsSwaneeRiver

If he wants Champions League football, why would he come to Swansea ?
However Newcastle is a definite backward step
Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 07:25 - May 6 with 3919 viewsDr_Winston

Agreeing a fee and agreeing a deal are two very different things.

This has always been an outside chance for us. Too many massive clubs interested and able to offer him far more than we can.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 07:52 - May 6 with 3824 viewsmonmouth

Oh No!!!

When does the period of mourning start? Obligatory all round gnashing of teeth, wailing and whining.

Besic

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 09:18 - May 6 with 3581 viewsDewi1jack

I remember reading a story a few weeks ago, that the fee had been agreed with several clubs (including ourselves) and it was going to be down to the player to choose/ agree terms etc.
My best guess is that the £15 million is the buy out clause and Anderlecht can't get an auction going. Too many reports about his being linked to clubs- Agent!!!
Why would he pick a car crash of a club such as Newcastle though, unless he fancies playing Championship instead of Champions League?
If he goes to the bigger clubs he's being linked to, he may not get the game time he wants/ needs.
If the Arse are truly after him, then that's what I could see being his best bet for his future (unless he comes here and does a Wilf that is )

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 09:41 - May 6 with 3505 viewssomersetsimon

Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 09:18 - May 6 by Dewi1jack

I remember reading a story a few weeks ago, that the fee had been agreed with several clubs (including ourselves) and it was going to be down to the player to choose/ agree terms etc.
My best guess is that the £15 million is the buy out clause and Anderlecht can't get an auction going. Too many reports about his being linked to clubs- Agent!!!
Why would he pick a car crash of a club such as Newcastle though, unless he fancies playing Championship instead of Champions League?
If he goes to the bigger clubs he's being linked to, he may not get the game time he wants/ needs.
If the Arse are truly after him, then that's what I could see being his best bet for his future (unless he comes here and does a Wilf that is )

Maybe that's it - he saw a headline saying 'Newcastle heading for the Championship!"
Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 10:05 - May 6 with 3456 viewstomdickharry

A load of rubbish,the usual clubs interested in him Liverpool next I expect,if they signed everybody they were after then nobody else would have any players.
Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 12:00 - May 6 with 3273 viewsLord_Bony

Still a hot contender for relegation.

I would laugh like a drain if they did go down.

They would be crying in their pints of Nukie for the good ol days again...under Pardew....and take this fellah with them like..

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 12:07 - May 6 with 3245 viewscontroversial_jack

Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 12:00 - May 6 by Lord_Bony

They would be crying in their pints of Nukie for the good ol days again...under Pardew....and take this fellah with them like..

I hope not.It's a good trip to Newcastle
Login to get fewer ads

Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 12:10 - May 6 with 3241 viewsMattG

For those taking this seriously..... http://thepremierleagueowl.com/newcastle-united-open-letters/
Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 12:19 - May 6 with 3196 viewsDafyddHuw

Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 12:00 - May 6 by Lord_Bony

But ya divvent unnerstan' man. Weez the jaw-dee nashun.

Feckin joke of a club and fans. They wanted Pardew out, then they realised how well off they were before. Very glad to take Ashley's money until he said that he'd spent enough. They wear club tops with "WONGA" all over it.

Ha'way Newcassel.

Hope you drop like the proverbial stone. You deserve it.
[Post edited 6 May 2015 12:20]
Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 12:27 - May 6 with 3166 viewsmonmouth

Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 12:19 - May 6 by DafyddHuw

But ya divvent unnerstan' man. Weez the jaw-dee nashun.

Feckin joke of a club and fans. They wanted Pardew out, then they realised how well off they were before. Very glad to take Ashley's money until he said that he'd spent enough. They wear club tops with "WONGA" all over it.

Ha'way Newcassel.

Hope you drop like the proverbial stone. You deserve it.
[Post edited 6 May 2015 12:20]

To be fair they wanted pardew out (and I think he is pretty much dross, Palarse will be down there next season) but they didn't want Carver in! They hate Ashley because he is bleeding them for the tv money and just sees them as a giant advertising billboard and merchandising cash cow.

I'm not saying they don't deserve realism kicking them in the nuts, but, for me, Sundo are ahead of them in that particular queue. Shame they can't go together, but Burnley and QPR are already toasted. If Hull don't beat Burnley on Sat I think they might be gone too. Noocastle will pull themselves together to get a win or a draw and that will be enough.

Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 12:37 - May 6 with 3117 viewsDafyddHuw

Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 12:27 - May 6 by monmouth

To be fair they wanted pardew out (and I think he is pretty much dross, Palarse will be down there next season) but they didn't want Carver in! They hate Ashley because he is bleeding them for the tv money and just sees them as a giant advertising billboard and merchandising cash cow.

I'm not saying they don't deserve realism kicking them in the nuts, but, for me, Sundo are ahead of them in that particular queue. Shame they can't go together, but Burnley and QPR are already toasted. If Hull don't beat Burnley on Sat I think they might be gone too. Noocastle will pull themselves together to get a win or a draw and that will be enough.

Agreed about Ashley (but he was OK for the fans as long as he was pumping money into the club).

My problem with the fans is the
"But ya divvent unnerstan man'. Weez too big to gang doon."
mentality.

Consequently, although it won't happen, would love to see them relegated. Unfortunately it'll be Sunlun.
Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 12:55 - May 6 with 3046 viewswaynekerr55

Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 12:37 - May 6 by DafyddHuw

Agreed about Ashley (but he was OK for the fans as long as he was pumping money into the club).

My problem with the fans is the
"But ya divvent unnerstan man'. Weez too big to gang doon."
mentality.

Consequently, although it won't happen, would love to see them relegated. Unfortunately it'll be Sunlun.

There seems to be parallels between this year and 08/09 when they hounded Big Sam out. They'll never learn...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 14:05 - May 6 with 2915 viewsperchrockjack

SADLY ,I can see Leicester staying up, which will piss me off no end.

NEWCASTLE will somehow wake up and escape although if West Brom beat them they ll be right in it and could well go down as Sunderland will truly enjoy seeing them past down

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 14:13 - May 6 with 2898 viewsicecoldjack

If we signed him then it will be the Bony / Gomis thing all over again . I thought at the time that the club thought Wilf was off in the summer so signed Bafa as a replacement, gomis comments seemed to suggest something along those lines.

If we signed this player then somebody is going to be unhappy! the only reason i can see us going for him is if Gomis is leaving,if Bafa is staying then i don't see Swansea in the market for a £15m striker plus wages, who may or may not be a back up or rotated regular.

It's one thing for Mitrovic to spend time on the bench at Arsenal but another to spend time on the bench at Swansea.
Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 14:27 - May 6 with 2858 viewsdobjack2

Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 14:13 - May 6 by icecoldjack

If we signed him then it will be the Bony / Gomis thing all over again . I thought at the time that the club thought Wilf was off in the summer so signed Bafa as a replacement, gomis comments seemed to suggest something along those lines.

If we signed this player then somebody is going to be unhappy! the only reason i can see us going for him is if Gomis is leaving,if Bafa is staying then i don't see Swansea in the market for a £15m striker plus wages, who may or may not be a back up or rotated regular.

It's one thing for Mitrovic to spend time on the bench at Arsenal but another to spend time on the bench at Swansea.

All well and good but we can't afford to rely on one striker. Injury suspension fatigue or loss of form and we would be up shirt creek. There has to be genuine competition for every place.

The injury to Gomis would make it easy to make that point. Striker wise we need two men fighting for the starting spot.
Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 14:44 - May 6 with 2825 viewsDafyddHuw

Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 14:27 - May 6 by dobjack2

All well and good but we can't afford to rely on one striker. Injury suspension fatigue or loss of form and we would be up shirt creek. There has to be genuine competition for every place.

The injury to Gomis would make it easy to make that point. Striker wise we need two men fighting for the starting spot.

I agree with you.

But IceCold was spot on. Quality strikers are rare as hen's teeth, which is why they command such massive fees and wages. Dunno if Huw thinks it's a good way to spend shedloads ofr our money on back-up personnel. WE've not done it before.

If money was no object, then it's a no brainer. But Citeh we aint.
Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 15:38 - May 6 with 2733 viewsBloodyhills

Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 07:17 - May 6 by SwaneeRiver

If he wants Champions League football, why would he come to Swansea ?
However Newcastle is a definite backward step

Maybe it's Championship football he wants or maybe his agent lost something in translation.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 16:08 - May 6 with 2660 viewsDull1Thomas

This highlights the difference between a club prepare to work in the red and us - we have to be very careful and as such may make fewer error of judgement.

I see that Liverpool are considering paying Stoke £10,000,000 for Begovich as competition for Mignolet, a figure that we would hope to pay for a top striker.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 16:14 - May 6 with 2635 viewsnyc_swans

not to get ahead of ourselves, but i don't see why so many are saying that this would create a bony/gomis situation. this kid is 20 and has been playing in the austrian league. surely, anywhere he goes, he will take some bedding in before he's up to speed in the premier league.

so, in theory, gomis would still get a majority of gametime early in the season while this kid learns how to cope with the league. maybe in a perfect world, gomis plays so well in the first half of the season, gets a nice transfer in january, and by then, mitrovic is ready to be the #1 striker.

of course, that's getting way too far ahead, but it's a theory.
Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 16:22 - May 6 with 2593 viewsdobjack2

Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 14:44 - May 6 by DafyddHuw

I agree with you.

But IceCold was spot on. Quality strikers are rare as hen's teeth, which is why they command such massive fees and wages. Dunno if Huw thinks it's a good way to spend shedloads ofr our money on back-up personnel. WE've not done it before.

If money was no object, then it's a no brainer. But Citeh we aint.

I agree, also spending big is no guarantee that the player will be a success.
Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 16:29 - May 6 with 2563 viewsicecoldjack

Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 16:14 - May 6 by nyc_swans

not to get ahead of ourselves, but i don't see why so many are saying that this would create a bony/gomis situation. this kid is 20 and has been playing in the austrian league. surely, anywhere he goes, he will take some bedding in before he's up to speed in the premier league.

so, in theory, gomis would still get a majority of gametime early in the season while this kid learns how to cope with the league. maybe in a perfect world, gomis plays so well in the first half of the season, gets a nice transfer in january, and by then, mitrovic is ready to be the #1 striker.

of course, that's getting way too far ahead, but it's a theory.

Im saying it because with Gomis here earning massive money and this kid going for £15m we as a club would struggle to keep both happy.

We saw how Bafa was blubbing to the press when he didn't play enough and we learned that he was promised a certain amount of game time. IMO it would be no different with any player who comes in for £15m quid.

Whilei agree with your logic, and hope it to be true we all know football is illogical ! when we sign players for 5/6m upwards its normally because they are behind the scenes been told that they will play every week.

The smaller teams like ourselves need every karrot out there to attract players, the top teams can soften the blow of not playing every week by offering huge contracts we tend to offer good wages with a promise of games and the chance to use as a springboard to a bigger move, something that will be hard to achieve if a player sits on the bench 50% of the time.

Lets hope im wrong though as i feel we do need another top notch back up striker.
Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 16:43 - May 6 with 2509 viewsmonmouth

If Gomis is still here there is no chance of us buying another expensive striker, none. It's actually Michu's best hope for even getting the time of day from GM I reckon.

I don't think we'd pay that sort of money for an untried youngster even if we didn't have Gomis. We'd be more likely to go for some ghastly whang like Cisse or even (gulp, please no) Kenwhine. ...and I'm not talking backup. That will continue to be Oliveira or similar ilk.

Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 16:52 - May 6 with 2480 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

we need a top back up striker, because ours keels over every now and then

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 16:55 - May 6 with 2473 viewsmonmouth

Newcastle agree £15 million deal for Swansea City target Aleksandar Mitrovic, s on 16:52 - May 6 by oh_tommy_tommy

we need a top back up striker, because ours keels over every now and then

We might need one but I don't think there's a cats chance in hell of us paying for one.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024