Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people 14:29 - May 10 with 6980 viewsdgt73

Labour wouldn't have done that. The conservative party = the party of the hard working classes.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 14:32 - May 10 with 3543 viewsGeoffThom

Oh great then they cut my child benefit and my working family tax credit plus probably sticking up vat, wise up is it their all as bad as each other
[Post edited 10 May 2015 14:39]
Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 14:57 - May 10 with 3499 viewstrampie

My wife is off about getting another sports car, I said you have had one of them before and that anyway you are too old for one now and you wouldn't be able to leave it in certain parts of the country because of the have not's, like parts of Swansea for instance, she said she didn't want to go to Swansea and said ok, she would have another horse, I said you have got loads of them don't be silly, she said ok I will have a new lorry to transport them in then.

I tell you these blydi Tory parties have a lot to answer for, giving me blydi headaches they are mun as well as robbing the poor as to keep the so called middle classes on board and knowing the rich are already in their pockets.
As long as there are more people doing ok than are poor the red or blue Tories are happy, they are despicable, but the people voted them in and personally speaking I always accept the democratic will of the people, now what is the Tory party going to do for me again.......hmm

I would rather give my money via taxes to our health service and welfare state than some blydi car salesman or horse dealer but there you go that is the country we live in.

Living in what is now a Plaid stronghold, I cant help but when I drive past Gower, Swansea, Neath or Port Talbot think to myself 'suckers', when it comes to politics.
[Post edited 10 May 2015 15:02]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 15:00 - May 10 with 3489 viewslondonlisa2001

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 14:32 - May 10 by GeoffThom

Oh great then they cut my child benefit and my working family tax credit plus probably sticking up vat, wise up is it their all as bad as each other
[Post edited 10 May 2015 14:39]

They won't increase VAT in this term, that's for sure.

Child benefit should definitely be means tested - I know of loads of people that earn huge amounts and get child benefit which they invariably give to their children as they have no use for it.
I'm not suggesting that is the case for you by the way - it's just that you mentioned it.

DGT - stop being such a complete a*sehole will you - it's pretty sickening to see any gloating on any side. People genuinely have their beliefs and think in certain ways because of their own personal circumstances and situations. The nonsense from both you and Trampie is utterly ridiculous and rubbing people's faces in it from either side is completely classless.
Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 15:06 - May 10 with 3467 viewsexiledclaseboy

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 15:00 - May 10 by londonlisa2001

Child benefit should definitely be means tested - I know of loads of people that earn huge amounts and get child benefit which they invariably give to their children as they have no use for it.
I'm not suggesting that is the case for you by the way - it's just that you mentioned it.

DGT - stop being such a complete a*sehole will you - it's pretty sickening to see any gloating on any side. People genuinely have their beliefs and think in certain ways because of their own personal circumstances and situations. The nonsense from both you and Trampie is utterly ridiculous and rubbing people's faces in it from either side is completely classless.

The problem with means testing is that it often ends in those who are most deserving not claiming because they may struggle with forms, processes etc.

I heartily endorse your last paragraph.

Poll: Tory leader

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 15:08 - May 10 with 3462 viewsGeoffThom

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 15:00 - May 10 by londonlisa2001

I wouldn't bet on the vat not going up and as for chil benefit you have a point but that's seems not their plans they are just going to give it to two kids I have more than two ,they say they are for working people yet I and my wife work but would get more on benefits due to school diners and trips being cheaper
Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 15:14 - May 10 with 3437 viewslondonlisa2001

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 15:06 - May 10 by exiledclaseboy

The problem with means testing is that it often ends in those who are most deserving not claiming because they may struggle with forms, processes etc.

I heartily endorse your last paragraph.

In these days of computerisation, it can't be beyond the wit of man that they make all the stuff automatic to get round that problem.

I agree with you that it can be an issue - I just think that they need to look at it. Same with Winter Fuel etc - it's ridiculous that wealthy people get it, and people that don't need it. A friend of our family gets the winter fuel allowance in Barbados for God's sake.
Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 15:18 - May 10 with 3413 viewsexiledclaseboy

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 15:14 - May 10 by londonlisa2001

In these days of computerisation, it can't be beyond the wit of man that they make all the stuff automatic to get round that problem.

I agree with you that it can be an issue - I just think that they need to look at it. Same with Winter Fuel etc - it's ridiculous that wealthy people get it, and people that don't need it. A friend of our family gets the winter fuel allowance in Barbados for God's sake.

Computerisation, government IT and the civil service. Catastrophe in waiting.

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 15:19 - May 10 with 3415 viewslondonlisa2001

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 15:08 - May 10 by GeoffThom

I wouldn't bet on the vat not going up and as for chil benefit you have a point but that's seems not their plans they are just going to give it to two kids I have more than two ,they say they are for working people yet I and my wife work but would get more on benefits due to school diners and trips being cheaper

Vat won't go up - it would be like a tuition fees moment if it did given his promises.

On the 'number of children' point - I think they are assessing it, but there are no plans to make any 'cap' retrospective even if they did bring it in according to anything I've seen (which, to be honest, I suspect they won't - not, at least, at the 2 children mark. These people are fairly aware of reaction of the press to stuff, and I would imagine that any cap would have to be at more than the number of children that Cameron has, otherwise the media would have a field day about why it was OK for him to have x children and not others. I realise that sounds pathetic as a reason, but I'll guarantee it becomes as factor).
Login to get fewer ads

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 15:21 - May 10 with 3401 viewstrampie

I think the less well off will be screwed [under either Labour or the Conservatives].

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 15:24 - May 10 with 3390 viewslondonlisa2001

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 15:18 - May 10 by exiledclaseboy

Computerisation, government IT and the civil service. Catastrophe in waiting.

I agree with that bit.

Although I must say, self assessment and the online use of HMRC systems these days is pretty good, as is the mechanism for getting road tax, so it can be done!
Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 15:29 - May 10 with 3364 viewsexiledclaseboy

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 15:24 - May 10 by londonlisa2001

I agree with that bit.

Although I must say, self assessment and the online use of HMRC systems these days is pretty good, as is the mechanism for getting road tax, so it can be done!

I'm not rich enough to need self assessment but you're right about the road tax one. It's won awards and everything. But it's a bit like a swan, serene and calm to look at hiding the frantic mess under the surface. So I'm told like. I wouldn't know personally, obviously.

**steps slowly away**

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 15:34 - May 10 with 3351 viewslondonlisa2001

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 15:29 - May 10 by exiledclaseboy

I'm not rich enough to need self assessment but you're right about the road tax one. It's won awards and everything. But it's a bit like a swan, serene and calm to look at hiding the frantic mess under the surface. So I'm told like. I wouldn't know personally, obviously.

**steps slowly away**

lol - well I thought I should say how good it is, irrespective of personal involvement or otherwise of posters ...

I used it just last week and the fact it can check insurance / mot etc is a massive improvement on the old system of the queue at the post office for 5 hours. I am still, of course, nervous about not having a tax disc in my car.

Self assessment is not done on wealth of course, as you know - it is done if you have more complicated tax than just PAYE (if you work for yourself for example, or have more than one employer, or any other income).
Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 15:37 - May 10 with 3342 viewsjackonicko

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 15:29 - May 10 by exiledclaseboy

**steps slowly away**

I just had to replace my photo card driving licence. As I had recently renewed my passport, I filled out a form on the website, gave my passport number and paid the fee. The new driving licence, with my updated photo off the passport, was with me 48 hours later.

Very impressed with that, I was.

Don't tell me it's a bunch of elves at the DVLA doing it manually in the background. It would ruin my illusion.
Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 15:37 - May 10 with 3335 viewsGeoffThom

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 15:19 - May 10 by londonlisa2001

Vat won't go up - it would be like a tuition fees moment if it did given his promises.

On the 'number of children' point - I think they are assessing it, but there are no plans to make any 'cap' retrospective even if they did bring it in according to anything I've seen (which, to be honest, I suspect they won't - not, at least, at the 2 children mark. These people are fairly aware of reaction of the press to stuff, and I would imagine that any cap would have to be at more than the number of children that Cameron has, otherwise the media would have a field day about why it was OK for him to have x children and not others. I realise that sounds pathetic as a reason, but I'll guarantee it becomes as factor).

Hope your right Lisa but somehow I'm worried and as for the lies your talking about politicians they all lie and make false promises that they break
Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 15:37 - May 10 with 3333 viewsexiledclaseboy

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 15:34 - May 10 by londonlisa2001

lol - well I thought I should say how good it is, irrespective of personal involvement or otherwise of posters ...

I used it just last week and the fact it can check insurance / mot etc is a massive improvement on the old system of the queue at the post office for 5 hours. I am still, of course, nervous about not having a tax disc in my car.

Self assessment is not done on wealth of course, as you know - it is done if you have more complicated tax than just PAYE (if you work for yourself for example, or have more than one employer, or any other income).

I was being flippant about self-assessment.

You can still queue at the post office if you want. Christ knows they get paid enough. Again, so I'm told.

PS - they don't check insurance when taxing anymore. De-regulatory see. You'd also be surprised how many people got very hot under the collar about no longer having a tax disc. Never ceases to amaze me the things some people get het up about.

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 15:40 - May 10 with 3313 viewslondonlisa2001

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 15:37 - May 10 by GeoffThom

Hope your right Lisa but somehow I'm worried and as for the lies your talking about politicians they all lie and make false promises that they break

I completely understand why anyone is worried, but there are things they lie about and things they can't afford to. For a Tory to swear blind he will not put up tax or VAT and then to do it would be absolute suicide.
Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 15:41 - May 10 with 3306 viewsexiledclaseboy

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 15:37 - May 10 by jackonicko

I just had to replace my photo card driving licence. As I had recently renewed my passport, I filled out a form on the website, gave my passport number and paid the fee. The new driving licence, with my updated photo off the passport, was with me 48 hours later.

Very impressed with that, I was.

Don't tell me it's a bunch of elves at the DVLA doing it manually in the background. It would ruin my illusion.

Ok. I absolutely will not tell you that.

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 15:42 - May 10 with 3303 viewsHighjack

I had hell of a time renewing my car tax, the online system wouldn't recognise my log book number. Spent ages trying to phone the DVLA only to be put on a perennial loop "Press 1 to go back to the start" "Press 2 to be put on hold forever" etc. Eventually I got through to a human being who told me she couldn't help me and I have to go to the post office with numerous forms. Went to the post office with the forms and they told me they couldn't help me I'd have to contact the DVLA. So spent another couple of hours trying to get through to a human being and eventually I spoke to a bloke who sorted it in 3 seconds.

What a f uck up.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 15:43 - May 10 with 3296 viewsjackonicko

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 15:40 - May 10 by londonlisa2001

I completely understand why anyone is worried, but there are things they lie about and things they can't afford to. For a Tory to swear blind he will not put up tax or VAT and then to do it would be absolute suicide.

I agree. VAT increases would be political suicide so it won't happen. The only thing a politician does more than telling fibs is spending time thinking about reelection.

Stealth taxes will be the order of the day. Trust you are shovelling contributions into your pension fund while you can...
Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 15:44 - May 10 with 3281 viewsexiledclaseboy

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 15:42 - May 10 by Highjack

I had hell of a time renewing my car tax, the online system wouldn't recognise my log book number. Spent ages trying to phone the DVLA only to be put on a perennial loop "Press 1 to go back to the start" "Press 2 to be put on hold forever" etc. Eventually I got through to a human being who told me she couldn't help me and I have to go to the post office with numerous forms. Went to the post office with the forms and they told me they couldn't help me I'd have to contact the DVLA. So spent another couple of hours trying to get through to a human being and eventually I spoke to a bloke who sorted it in 3 seconds.

What a f uck up.

You're welcome. Three seconds you say? I hope you said thank you.

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 15:48 - May 10 with 3263 viewsHighjack

The original woman was absolutely useless, but the 2nd person was very good. Think his name was Nathan, I did thank him. If you see him thank him too.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 15:50 - May 10 with 3254 viewsexiledclaseboy

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 15:48 - May 10 by Highjack

The original woman was absolutely useless, but the 2nd person was very good. Think his name was Nathan, I did thank him. If you see him thank him too.

He'll be in Llansamlet. I'm as likely to bump into you as I am to him. Although I've been down there a few times lately to fail my latest interview.

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 15:53 - May 10 with 3246 viewsmonmouth

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 15:43 - May 10 by jackonicko

I agree. VAT increases would be political suicide so it won't happen. The only thing a politician does more than telling fibs is spending time thinking about reelection.

Stealth taxes will be the order of the day. Trust you are shovelling contributions into your pension fund while you can...

I expect the higher rate threshold to come down too and if he didn't mention NI there'll probably be a significant hike there. Doubt they'll implement the liberals plans for allowances either. Someone has to pay more tax.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 15:56 - May 10 with 3232 viewsexiledclaseboy

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 15:53 - May 10 by monmouth

I expect the higher rate threshold to come down too and if he didn't mention NI there'll probably be a significant hike there. Doubt they'll implement the liberals plans for allowances either. Someone has to pay more tax.

Tory manifesto pledges to increase the income tax allowance to £12500 and the 40p threshold to £50k.

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 15:57 - May 10 with 3223 viewsblueytheblue

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 15:41 - May 10 by exiledclaseboy

Ok. I absolutely will not tell you that.

For one thing elves are slim; plenty of porkers at DVLA.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024