Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fifa - Is the game up? 05:23 - May 27 with 16744 viewslonglostjack

Can Blatter & Co. survive this?

https://mobile.twitter.com/WSJ/statuses/603409998501191681

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Fifa - Is the game up? on 12:00 - May 29 with 1943 viewsdobjack2

Fifa - Is the game up? on 11:22 - May 29 by Starsky

Sorry Mr Blatter.
Don't go posting on here mun
[Post edited 29 May 2015 11:22]

Drat and curses I've been sussed. I will have to use an account in another name that nobody knows about.
Fifa - Is the game up? on 12:02 - May 29 with 1941 viewsSwansNZ

Fifa - Is the game up? on 11:50 - May 29 by tomdickharry

Just watched on Sky HQ the FIFA representatives from Bangladesh and the African Nations indicate that their votes will be for Blatter. The election will be a no contest,UEFA are the real power brokers of World Football and they should flex their muscle and declare a boycott of the Russia and Qatar World Cups.

They should, even though Russia are in UEFA.

Pull out of FIFA - fck them!

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Fifa - Is the game up? on 12:03 - May 29 with 1936 viewsStarsky

Fifa - Is the game up? on 12:00 - May 29 by dobjack2

Drat and curses I've been sussed. I will have to use an account in another name that nobody knows about.

Try PlatiniJack.

It's just the internet, init.

Fifa - Is the game up? on 12:40 - May 29 with 1901 viewsmonmouth

Fifa - Is the game up? on 12:02 - May 29 by SwansNZ

They should, even though Russia are in UEFA.

Pull out of FIFA - fck them!

The thing is, Blatter is likely to become the lightning rod, but getting rid of him won't stop the disease. There is simply too much money involved. he next punter will simply be more careful. No way is anyone ever going to 'clean up football' or the Olympics. Blatter is probably done, one way or another shortly, and that will satisfy our personality driven brain dead "investigative" media, but the whole thing will remain rotten. Platini can simply sniff an opportunity, either for UEFA autonomy or as new FIFA supremo.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Fifa - Is the game up? on 13:54 - May 29 with 1841 viewsjackonicko

Fifa - Is the game up? on 12:40 - May 29 by monmouth

The thing is, Blatter is likely to become the lightning rod, but getting rid of him won't stop the disease. There is simply too much money involved. he next punter will simply be more careful. No way is anyone ever going to 'clean up football' or the Olympics. Blatter is probably done, one way or another shortly, and that will satisfy our personality driven brain dead "investigative" media, but the whole thing will remain rotten. Platini can simply sniff an opportunity, either for UEFA autonomy or as new FIFA supremo.

To be fair, I don't think the "investigative" media is brain dead. Just the rest of the media.

Huge credit for the current US investigations goes to BBC Panorama, Sunday Times Insight and others who have done a lot to expose what is going on.

I read somewhere that the BBC Panorama investigation was one of the initial sources of inquiry for the DoJ/FBI after the US lost the world cup bid.
Fifa - Is the game up? on 14:06 - May 29 with 1815 viewsC_jack

'kin ell

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Fifa - Is the game up? on 14:57 - May 29 with 1757 viewssnork44

Fifa - Is the game up? on 14:06 - May 29 by C_jack

'kin ell

Fvcking Russians, just because they may lose the 2018 World Cup the Ivan's threaten to nuke Geneva ! That Putin is a bad loser ! I'll get me coat.

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Fifa - Is the game up? on 15:12 - May 29 with 1738 viewsjackonicko

Fifa - Is the game up? on 14:57 - May 29 by snork44

Fvcking Russians, just because they may lose the 2018 World Cup the Ivan's threaten to nuke Geneva ! That Putin is a bad loser ! I'll get me coat.

But it's good news that Putin clearly doesn't know the difference between Geneva and Zurich.
Login to get fewer ads

Fifa - Is the game up? on 15:24 - May 29 with 1726 viewsdobjack2

David gill being a prat. All his comments will achieve is the loss of the home countries vice presidency and making sure England never host another World Cup.
[Post edited 29 May 2015 15:32]
Fifa - Is the game up? on 16:05 - May 29 with 1681 viewsC_jack

Some absolute pearlers coming out during Blatter's address

Fifa - Is the game up? on 17:17 - May 29 with 1640 viewsFlashberryjack

Fifa - Is the game up? on 15:24 - May 29 by dobjack2

David gill being a prat. All his comments will achieve is the loss of the home countries vice presidency and making sure England never host another World Cup.

FFS he's not being a prat......England will never host the World cup as long as Blatter and his cronies have any say in it.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Fifa - Is the game up? on 17:43 - May 29 with 1622 viewssherpajacob

Fifa - Is the game up? on 09:19 - May 27 by Highjack

If it can be proved that money exchanged hands in exchange for votes fot the two upcoming world cups, one in the middle of a desert and the other one in a country thats invading and threatening the whole world, then surely they'll be forced into a re vote?

The usa would never invade a soverign nation illegally would they?

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Fifa - Is the game up? on 17:55 - May 29 with 1612 viewsJack_Meoff

Fifa - Is the game up? on 10:33 - May 28 by Lord_Bony

Session now taking place in House of Commons...sports and culture mps slagging the whole organisation off saying it is deeply flawed and corrupt ,this is just the latest sorry episode.

Sponsors will pull out from supporting FIFA soon...the image is too tarnished now.

Russia should not have the 2018 world cup it's a fix.

This post has been edited by an administrator

You know you're deeply flawed and corrupt when the House of Commons can call you as much with a straight face! Blatter will carry on regardless though, I swear after WW3 it'll only be him and the cockroaches left

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Fifa - Is the game up? on 18:16 - May 29 with 1579 viewsC_jack

Prince Ali withdraws.

Blatter wins.

Let the real fun begin.

Fifa - Is the game up? on 18:34 - May 29 with 1559 viewsSwanzay

Sepp Blatter's victory was never in doubt, he must be laughing his ass off atm!

Although I do believe his re-election will have a sense of karma about it!
Fifa - Is the game up? on 18:39 - May 29 with 1546 viewsstAteSwan

Fifa - Is the game up? on 18:34 - May 29 by Swanzay

Sepp Blatter's victory was never in doubt, he must be laughing his ass off atm!

Although I do believe his re-election will have a sense of karma about it!

His victory speech certainly came across as him laughing at everyone else

“Thank you, but first of all I would like to give compliments and express my gratitude to His Royal Highness Prince Ali. Because Prince Ali was a competitor, a challenger, and he has obtained a very good result and he, in a certain situation, easy he could have said ‘No, let’s go further. Perhaps I could receive more votes’. On the other I thank you. For the next few years I will be in command of this boat called FIFA and we will bring it back offshore, back to the beach, and it can be played beach soccer everywhere. But we have to work on that. Four years ago we had a lot of problems to solve and I challenged you at that time. I am not going to challenge you this time… but we must have a better representation of the different confederations.”

In other words. "You did Good, Good job to challenge me because I am very good at this, but in the end you failed and I win."
Fifa - Is the game up? on 18:50 - May 29 with 1522 viewsdobjack2

Fifa - Is the game up? on 17:17 - May 29 by Flashberryjack

FFS he's not being a prat......England will never host the World cup as long as Blatter and his cronies have any say in it.

Whilst I agree with the point re blatter and his cronies, many poorer countries support blatter because he has put money their way. Many countries undoubtedly see Gill's comments as sour grapes over England's last failed bid.

It is a bit like Eurovision. Doesn't matter how good a song (or on the case of a World Cup a bid) is lots of countries will not vote for GB/England.

He should have worked within UEFA not gone off on his own. I have already heard a blatter crony question why the home countries should have a Vice President by right. England being alienated alienates Wales by association.
Fifa - Is the game up? on 18:56 - May 29 with 1507 viewsSwanzay

Fifa - Is the game up? on 18:39 - May 29 by stAteSwan

His victory speech certainly came across as him laughing at everyone else

“Thank you, but first of all I would like to give compliments and express my gratitude to His Royal Highness Prince Ali. Because Prince Ali was a competitor, a challenger, and he has obtained a very good result and he, in a certain situation, easy he could have said ‘No, let’s go further. Perhaps I could receive more votes’. On the other I thank you. For the next few years I will be in command of this boat called FIFA and we will bring it back offshore, back to the beach, and it can be played beach soccer everywhere. But we have to work on that. Four years ago we had a lot of problems to solve and I challenged you at that time. I am not going to challenge you this time… but we must have a better representation of the different confederations.”

In other words. "You did Good, Good job to challenge me because I am very good at this, but in the end you failed and I win."

I wonder if Royal Highness Prince Ali took the brown envelope and stepped aside......

Jordan World cup here we come!
Fifa - Is the game up? on 19:00 - May 29 with 1500 viewsPozuelosSideys

I may be being a bit thick here, but what do all the members of teh other associations gain from voting for Blatter and keeping him in office?

I can understand it the other way, ie potential envelopes being handed over to those in power in order to get preferable deals and the right to host tournaments etc. But the 'lesser' nations of the 'lesser' associations get pretty shit deals financially from FIFA compared to Uefa etc.. so what is in it for them?

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Fifa - Is the game up? on 19:21 - May 29 with 1473 viewsSwanzay

Fifa - Is the game up? on 19:00 - May 29 by PozuelosSideys

I may be being a bit thick here, but what do all the members of teh other associations gain from voting for Blatter and keeping him in office?

I can understand it the other way, ie potential envelopes being handed over to those in power in order to get preferable deals and the right to host tournaments etc. But the 'lesser' nations of the 'lesser' associations get pretty shit deals financially from FIFA compared to Uefa etc.. so what is in it for them?

Its in the way the voting is set up (rigged):-

http://www.fifa.com/associations/

Columbia for example has the same voting power as Brazil, yet they represent far less.
The Africans (one of the biggest representation) love Blatter for giving them the World Cup back in 2012, he was never going to lose.

The is an interesting analysis about it all on the web some where, but for some reason I cant find it now.
Fifa - Is the game up? on 20:07 - May 29 with 1437 viewsFlashberryjack

Fifa - Is the game up? on 18:50 - May 29 by dobjack2

Whilst I agree with the point re blatter and his cronies, many poorer countries support blatter because he has put money their way. Many countries undoubtedly see Gill's comments as sour grapes over England's last failed bid.

It is a bit like Eurovision. Doesn't matter how good a song (or on the case of a World Cup a bid) is lots of countries will not vote for GB/England.

He should have worked within UEFA not gone off on his own. I have already heard a blatter crony question why the home countries should have a Vice President by right. England being alienated alienates Wales by association.

it's not the poor countries that vote for Blatter....it's the poorer countries FIFA representatives that vote for the corrupt tw*t.....Any idea why ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Fifa - Is the game up? on 20:30 - May 29 with 1400 viewsstAteSwan

Fifa - Is the game up? on 19:00 - May 29 by PozuelosSideys

It's a voting system where Qatar has equal voting power to Germany. As long as Blatter promises to bring events, however corrupt those events may be to Africa and the Smaller Asian Countries, he's going to win every time.
Fifa - Is the game up? on 20:51 - May 29 with 1370 viewslonglostjack

Fifa - Is the game up? on 20:30 - May 29 by stAteSwan

It's a voting system where Qatar has equal voting power to Germany. As long as Blatter promises to bring events, however corrupt those events may be to Africa and the Smaller Asian Countries, he's going to win every time.

Correct! The Turks and Caicos islands pop. 40.000 have one vote , Germany has one vote. Their representative gets a flight to Zurich once a year and $ 300 a day expenses - their football federation gets more out of FIFA than they put in and Mr Blatter is assured of his vote.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Fifa - Is the game up? on 21:07 - May 29 with 1358 viewsStarsky

Fifa - Is the game up? on 15:24 - May 29 by dobjack2

What have I told you Mr B?

It's just the internet, init.

Fifa - Is the game up? on 22:16 - May 29 with 1329 viewsdobjack2

Fifa - Is the game up? on 20:07 - May 29 by Flashberryjack

it's not the poor countries that vote for Blatter....it's the poorer countries FIFA representatives that vote for the corrupt tw*t.....Any idea why ?

I cannot answer this question without the benefit of legal advice, however money must reach the projects it is meant for.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024