Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michu - Bridges have been burned 08:39 - Jun 22 with 38043 viewswestisbest

Contract to be killed off ?
What a shame .

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-3133653/Michu-forgotten-man-loved-Wales
Michu - Bridges have been burned on 13:07 - Jun 22 with 3025 viewsraynor94

I hope we have a plentiful stock of straws in Swansea, as there's a great deal o f clutching going on, oh and Monmouth summed up the situation perfectly

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 13:10 - Jun 22 with 3018 viewsSwan91

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 13:02 - Jun 22 by Glyn1

I'm struggling to see much that he's done wrong in that article - I was worried that it was something much worse. So he's a bit of a loner, and shouted at a team mate, and that's it? We all remember Williams tearing into Vazquez a couple of times on the pitch - it's not a sackable offence if it isn't malicious or constantly occurring.

I've been worried that there must be some bad feeling between the manager and Michu, but if they get on OK on a personal level then that's got to be a positive element.

Yes, we probably will sell Michu in the transfer window but if we only get a couple of million for him then we might as well keep him for the remainder of the season and see what happens if - fingers crossed - he comes good. And I know that that's a big IF.

But with all respect to Syggi, Ki, Cork and Jonjo, none of them will ever get close to scoring 15 goals a season for us, which Michu potentially can do.

I'm guessing that the chances of Michu staying - and regaining fitness - are about 1 in 10 but am still hoping that it happens.

Sounds like the pressure got to him a little bit in the second season. If I remember correctly monk met with michu this time last year and said he wanted to keep him so I think monk and huw still sees value in him.

Well anyway Donnelly is not at swansea now anymore and the team is quite different so if his mentality is ok now if he comes back, it shouldn't be too much of a problem to slot right in. Fitness is the only worrying factor for me
Michu - Bridges have been burned on 13:12 - Jun 22 with 3015 viewsPrivate_Partz

There are a few direct quotes from Monk springing up now. Sorry can't do links with my iPad. It seems the two have not spoken yet so Gary assumes that Michu's position will be the same and he wants to try his luck elsewhere. He does add that he is not sure of this until they meet for talks.
Edit. Sorry, I forgot to add I don't know how recent the quotes are but they do seem fairly recent.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2015 13:13]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 13:28 - Jun 22 with 2958 viewsAnotherJohn

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 13:12 - Jun 22 by Private_Partz

There are a few direct quotes from Monk springing up now. Sorry can't do links with my iPad. It seems the two have not spoken yet so Gary assumes that Michu's position will be the same and he wants to try his luck elsewhere. He does add that he is not sure of this until they meet for talks.
Edit. Sorry, I forgot to add I don't know how recent the quotes are but they do seem fairly recent.

If the Monk quotes are from the local press I don't think there is anything new.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-unlikely-

Monk's quotes come from May, and Williams' comment comes from the Mail article.

I don't know whether we are grasping at straws or just thinking about how to get some value from an asset that is already ours. I'm staying open minded until the talks this week, but admit it does not look good. Michu's latest re-tweet is about a pre-season friendly between Real Oveido and Rayo Vallecano, both clubs that Spanish bloggers (hardly reliable I know) have linked him with. If there was any truth in that he would be facing a huge pay cut, but then I don't think his discontent has been about money.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2015 13:50]
Michu - Bridges have been burned on 13:32 - Jun 22 with 2950 viewsmorningstar

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 13:12 - Jun 22 by Private_Partz

They were between April to May this year, and Monk has been consistent in saying that he will sit down and discuss with the player. There are no direct quotes in todays article. In saying that, I do believe it too be true.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 13:43 - Jun 22 with 2925 viewsPrivate_Partz

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 13:32 - Jun 22 by morningstar

They were between April to May this year, and Monk has been consistent in saying that he will sit down and discuss with the player. There are no direct quotes in todays article. In saying that, I do believe it too be true.

Thanks both. One thing we do know is that his injury is one of the problems. We can only speculate if there is another although you have to think there is something else. He could have done a Ferrie Bodde and stayed with the club whilst his treatment was on going.
If it is something more than money then you have to wonder at his stance. By the far the biggest highlight of his career was with us and you would have thought that, at an age when players are looking over their shoulders at retirement, it would be much better to bite the billet and knuckle down with us.
Hopefully all will be revealed early July.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 14:21 - Jun 22 with 2851 viewsTom1912

He's mental, who knows what's going on his head.
Michu - Bridges have been burned on 16:31 - Jun 22 with 2734 viewsSwanseajill

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 14:21 - Jun 22 by Tom1912

Honestly, if I was playing in a premiership team and had arthritic ankles, I would be a bit mental too.
Login to get fewer ads

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 17:04 - Jun 22 with 2696 viewshobo

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 14:21 - Jun 22 by Tom1912

One of the reasons why we love him
Michu - Bridges have been burned on 17:50 - Jun 22 with 2633 viewsDewi1jack

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 11:31 - Jun 22 by Uxbridge

Ah I dunno. I mean, I agree with a lot of it, but if his head was right and was relatively fit then he'd be an undoubted asset to us. It's a bit like taking that psycho ex back though ... she might have had professional help but it might not be worth the risk, no matter how good a shag she was.

Helluva interesting analogy Ux and got me giggling.
As I and many others have stated before, don't think there is one person out there who wouldn't have a 1st season Michu back in the squad (not guaranteed a start.) But he was stroppy even though he was playing regularly for Loudstrop (who played him when he was injured and has possibly f**ked the lads career), forgiven by us because of his goals and assists.
Maybe him knowing why he is not guaranteed a start and would be a squad player is why he posted the tw@ter pic and as Rayns says "the silence (from him) is deafening regarding his willingness to put the past to bed or state he wants to play for us.
Maybe the club don't want his attitude problem back here upsetting the dressing room ( it was split under Loudstrop, for those ML lovers who've conveniently forgotten.)

You have me intrigued Ux.
Did you take her back?

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 18:29 - Jun 22 with 2586 viewsdgt73

'

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 20:17 - Jun 22 with 2452 viewslondonlisa2001

I'm sure this will be a less than popular opinion but I can't believe the lack of self respect that some of our supporters have on the subject of Michu.
We made Michu. Yes - he had a great season before joining us but he went from a player that his agent hawked round the Premier League with no one bar us willing to gamble just £2m on him to a player that was called up by at that point, the best international team in the world.
He was feted up and down the country and was rewarded with a £2m a year contract.
Not once since he left on loan has he so much as acknowledged the impact our club has had on his career. Nor has he acknowledged the phenomenal support he was given by a stadium of adoring fans every week.
That article mentions that he has not even returned attempts to contact him, even though the club bent over backwards to allow him to go on loan to get himself sorted out.
We are bigger than that - no player is bigger than the club, even players that were brilliant for us (and lots have done it over more than one and a bit seasons). I don't think he changed with Laudrup going - it was before that. Probably not long after his Spanish cap actually.
So sod him coming back and playing when he fancies it, or sitting on the bench on £40k a week if that isn't too much for the precious little soul.
If he returns on the first day of pre season and gets his head down then great - he was a wonderful player in that first season. But just perhaps, that season was the one off, the outlier, not what has followed it. And maybe that's why no one else would pay £2m for him.
Michu - Bridges have been burned on 20:22 - Jun 22 with 2443 viewsraynor94

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 20:17 - Jun 22 by londonlisa2001

I'm sure this will be a less than popular opinion but I can't believe the lack of self respect that some of our supporters have on the subject of Michu.
We made Michu. Yes - he had a great season before joining us but he went from a player that his agent hawked round the Premier League with no one bar us willing to gamble just £2m on him to a player that was called up by at that point, the best international team in the world.
He was feted up and down the country and was rewarded with a £2m a year contract.
Not once since he left on loan has he so much as acknowledged the impact our club has had on his career. Nor has he acknowledged the phenomenal support he was given by a stadium of adoring fans every week.
That article mentions that he has not even returned attempts to contact him, even though the club bent over backwards to allow him to go on loan to get himself sorted out.
We are bigger than that - no player is bigger than the club, even players that were brilliant for us (and lots have done it over more than one and a bit seasons). I don't think he changed with Laudrup going - it was before that. Probably not long after his Spanish cap actually.
So sod him coming back and playing when he fancies it, or sitting on the bench on £40k a week if that isn't too much for the precious little soul.
If he returns on the first day of pre season and gets his head down then great - he was a wonderful player in that first season. But just perhaps, that season was the one off, the outlier, not what has followed it. And maybe that's why no one else would pay £2m for him.

Great post lisa

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 21:09 - Jun 22 with 2374 viewsHip

All signs point to him being gone by the start of the season. It just a matter of him being health enough to sell or will we be buying out his contract.

It's been in the works to bring in Maxim from Germany since January or OliveIra back in on loan.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2015 21:10]
Michu - Bridges have been burned on 22:18 - Jun 22 with 2302 viewsScoobyWho

Hand him a shirt and tell him to put it on and shut the fck up or do one.
One of the best players I have seen in a swans shirt, but if it isn't good enough for him he can go.
Day off for me on tuesday and Wednesday I'll give the guy a lift if he doesn't want to stay.

Honestly these idiots are given too much grace.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 22:20 - Jun 22 with 2221 viewsDarran

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 22:18 - Jun 22 by ScoobyWho

Hand him a shirt and tell him to put it on and shut the fck up or do one.
One of the best players I have seen in a swans shirt, but if it isn't good enough for him he can go.
Day off for me on tuesday and Wednesday I'll give the guy a lift if he doesn't want to stay.

Honestly these idiots are given too much grace.

Great post.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 22:25 - Jun 22 with 2204 viewsUxbridge

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 20:17 - Jun 22 by londonlisa2001

He's hardly in the realms of Ferrie Bodde yet, is he? I dunno. He was Laudrup's boy and things fell apart for him in every sense of the word after that stellar first season. I can't quite get the angst.

He's under contract for another season. Above all I hope what happens is in the club's best interests, but what that is is very open to question of course.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 22:51 - Jun 22 with 2168 viewsScoobyWho

No other club will touch him at our level, he won't find the type of money he is on at Swansea in Spain for sure. He has the best opportunity ever to rekindle that fire and brand he brought to the side two years back.

I'm getting the feeling he upset too many people being a twunt and that's why we fired him over to Italy. And a lot of those people he offended are still at Swansea, can't see him staying. I would be delighted if he did, but the guy really needs a slap and a chat.

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 23:23 - Jun 22 with 2128 viewslondonlisa2001

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 22:25 - Jun 22 by Uxbridge

He's hardly in the realms of Ferrie Bodde yet, is he? I dunno. He was Laudrup's boy and things fell apart for him in every sense of the word after that stellar first season. I can't quite get the angst.

He's under contract for another season. Above all I hope what happens is in the club's best interests, but what that is is very open to question of course.

Bodde wouldn't have passed a medical at Napoli at any point during his absence though.
I don't get how if Michu is as genuinely crocked as some say, a club at their level signed him on however many millions it was (for the season - I assume they paid his wages plus there was rumour of a fee) if his issues are physical.
I also don't think his issues started with Laudrup going. It was before that. Remember the game away at Cardiff.
As I said, if he reports back with his head down then great, but this primadonna nonsense about whether he will or won't answer the club's calls is ridiculous. I have no idea why we are putting up with it if any of it is remotely true.
Michu - Bridges have been burned on 23:26 - Jun 22 with 2124 viewsraynor94

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 22:25 - Jun 22 by Uxbridge

I really can't see any scenario here which will benefit us, he goes on loan we will have to subsidize his wages, tear up his contract will cost in excess of 1.5 million, he's got us by the balls, and still some on here can see he's done anything wrong

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 00:00 - Jun 23 with 2092 viewsUxbridge

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 23:26 - Jun 22 by raynor94

I really can't see any scenario here which will benefit us, he goes on loan we will have to subsidize his wages, tear up his contract will cost in excess of 1.5 million, he's got us by the balls, and still some on here can see he's done anything wrong

If we're paying him anyway, then getting any use from him might be in our interests. Long shot I concede, but who knows. I've heard so many conflicting stories, but most do seem to point to him not having a place here. The most compelling thing for me is that I'd imagine Monk has his squad set in his mind already.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 00:36 - Jun 23 with 2065 viewsswanduck

The thing is with Michu nobody actually knows 100% what's going (none of us anyway).

Daily Mail print an article with no legitimate sources etc and probably know the same amount as the rest of us, if he wants to leave he can go. If he wants to stay and Monk has a place for him it would be great to see him rekindle the form he showed i the first season.

I have always believed he's got a very bad injury, but as Lisa points out he would not have passed a medical at Napoli if that was the case. I still think there may be something going on injury wise, but like everyone else I don't really know.

Michu was a revelation, I am not going to vilify him until I know the whole situation. However, if all the bad stuff does turn out to be true I have no time for him anymore - choosing to give him the benefit of the doubt at this stage does not mean I will blindly support the guy.
Michu - Bridges have been burned on 01:05 - Jun 23 with 2055 viewsScoobyWho

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 00:36 - Jun 23 by swanduck

The thing is with Michu nobody actually knows 100% what's going (none of us anyway).

Daily Mail print an article with no legitimate sources etc and probably know the same amount as the rest of us, if he wants to leave he can go. If he wants to stay and Monk has a place for him it would be great to see him rekindle the form he showed i the first season.

I have always believed he's got a very bad injury, but as Lisa points out he would not have passed a medical at Napoli if that was the case. I still think there may be something going on injury wise, but like everyone else I don't really know.

Michu was a revelation, I am not going to vilify him until I know the whole situation. However, if all the bad stuff does turn out to be true I have no time for him anymore - choosing to give him the benefit of the doubt at this stage does not mean I will blindly support the guy.

Your right Michu wouldn't have got in to any Napili squad if he was injured, so he can't be injured even though you think he was.

A good few on here who know exactly the reasons why he left, and to be honest it isn't too hard to work out in any event.

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 02:36 - Jun 23 with 2037 viewssnork44

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 01:05 - Jun 23 by ScoobyWho

Your right Michu wouldn't have got in to any Napili squad if he was injured, so he can't be injured even though you think he was.

A good few on here who know exactly the reasons why he left, and to be honest it isn't too hard to work out in any event.

We'll I would love to know the exact reason, if it is just him just being a knob then fine or him going all Prima Donna after his one and only Spanish cap then he derserves a good slap.

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 08:42 - Jun 23 with 1948 viewsPrivate_Partz

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 00:36 - Jun 23 by swanduck

Top post. Absolutely spot on. These is far to much reliance on dodgy newspaper reports. The only Actual quotes we have had is from GM. He has not spoken to him yet. He thinks he is going to move on to pastures new but he is not sure until talks take place.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024