Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michu - Bridges have been burned 08:39 - Jun 22 with 38041 viewswestisbest

Contract to be killed off ?
What a shame .

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-3133653/Michu-forgotten-man-loved-Wales
Michu - Bridges have been burned on 08:49 - Jun 23 with 2663 viewsPrivate_Partz

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 01:05 - Jun 23 by ScoobyWho

Your right Michu wouldn't have got in to any Napili squad if he was injured, so he can't be injured even though you think he was.

A good few on here who know exactly the reasons why he left, and to be honest it isn't too hard to work out in any event.

Despite passing a medical it would suggest he was carrying an injury as it flared up again after a minimal amount of performances for Napoli. He has since been under the surgeons knife and has been trying to recuperate.
We can only speculate but one reason could be he knows his career is over and is stretching out his Pay cheque as long as possible. Not ethical granted but how many of us would do anything different in such circumstances?

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 09:04 - Jun 23 with 2645 viewsraynor94

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 08:49 - Jun 23 by Private_Partz

Despite passing a medical it would suggest he was carrying an injury as it flared up again after a minimal amount of performances for Napoli. He has since been under the surgeons knife and has been trying to recuperate.
We can only speculate but one reason could be he knows his career is over and is stretching out his Pay cheque as long as possible. Not ethical granted but how many of us would do anything different in such circumstances?

Fair play you defence of Michu is admirable, as far as I'm concerned he refused to play for us, nothing has happened to change my opinion, and now he's about to turn up for a large pay off, nice work if you can get it

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 09:13 - Jun 23 with 2631 viewsbuilthjack

He has to turn up next week and train. If he is fit, then flog him to the highest bidder.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 10:52 - Jun 23 with 2573 viewsDull1Thomas

I was hoping beyond hope he'd be back. Great player who was frustrated by injury and disappointed by aspects of the club. Maybe he should have been more professional but he's a genuine and sensitive individual (hard for some to accept, I know).
A lot went on behind the scenes and Michu had his take on it ...

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 11:48 - Jun 23 with 2526 viewsNookiejack

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 09:04 - Jun 23 by raynor94

Fair play you defence of Michu is admirable, as far as I'm concerned he refused to play for us, nothing has happened to change my opinion, and now he's about to turn up for a large pay off, nice work if you can get it

His goals in his first season were probably the main reason why we stayed up (after Rodgers had left for Liverpool), finished so highly in the league and Capital Cup win. Hence developing our club brand leading to be able to attract better quality players, increased sponsorship etc.

We only paid £2m for him and can't imagine his wages were that high in that first season.

So even if he does receive a large pay-off now - the Club will still be a net winner.
Michu - Bridges have been burned on 11:56 - Jun 23 with 2512 viewsGB11

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 10:54 - Jun 22 by monmouth

Hombre always seemed loco to me, from his goal celebrations to his standing in the tunnel at half time and sprinting off at the end. It was all very 'intense'. Anyway, it has been pretty transparent he has no interest in us, and we are more than strong enough now to tell an injury wrecked, potentially disruptive, psycho prima donna to **** off, so I'd be very surprised if that wasn't the outcome.

I don't know the ins and outs but it is crazy how quickly legends turn into throw away, mercenaries.
Michu - Bridges have been burned on 12:22 - Jun 23 with 2491 viewsAnotherJohn

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 11:48 - Jun 23 by Nookiejack

His goals in his first season were probably the main reason why we stayed up (after Rodgers had left for Liverpool), finished so highly in the league and Capital Cup win. Hence developing our club brand leading to be able to attract better quality players, increased sponsorship etc.

We only paid £2m for him and can't imagine his wages were that high in that first season.

So even if he does receive a large pay-off now - the Club will still be a net winner.

I agree with the last sentence. And over and above that I'm strongly in favour of giving Michu every chance to return to the fold. However, if his agent tries to sell us a deal where Michu goes back to Spain and we pay most of his salary, I think Huw should play hardball.
Michu - Bridges have been burned on 13:15 - Jun 23 with 2408 viewsPrivate_Partz

I don't think I would defend him hanging out for a pay cheque. Similarly I would not defend Directors selling heir shares for a quick buck if it jepordises the club. However human nature being as it is then such actions would not surprise me.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Login to get fewer ads

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 13:29 - Jun 23 with 2385 viewsDarran

This could be an insurance issue.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 19:21 - Jun 23 with 2247 viewsswanduck

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 01:05 - Jun 23 by ScoobyWho

Your right Michu wouldn't have got in to any Napili squad if he was injured, so he can't be injured even though you think he was.

A good few on here who know exactly the reasons why he left, and to be honest it isn't too hard to work out in any event.

He was undeniably injured last season though, he had further ankle surgery. He hasn't played since then so we don't really know how fit he is currently.
Michu - Bridges have been burned on 21:19 - Jun 23 with 2137 viewssnork44

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 19:21 - Jun 23 by swanduck

He was undeniably injured last season though, he had further ankle surgery. He hasn't played since then so we don't really know how fit he is currently.

Let's see what transpires in the meeting with Monk and Huw. It may be that Michu could well need to come back here to rehabilitate and in the short term it would be advantageous for both parties that he plays for us,so he puts himself back in the shop window and for us to have a top class midfielder at our disposal. Maybe then he will have time to reassess his position and we may have the Miguel Michu that graced the premier league in the cup winning season or if he is so badly crocked that we may have to pay out on the insurance, but to cancel his registration would be counterproductive not only for the club,but for the player as well as there is no way he would be able to play top class football either here or in Spain.

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 22:14 - Jun 23 with 2057 viewsmagicdaps10

If he does not find another club and we cant come to an agreement to pay of his contract.........................then as much as i would like it to happen, he should not be involved in the first team squad or even be allowed to mix with the players. The harmony in the camp is good and we dont want anyone spoiling that.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 23:24 - Jun 23 with 1980 viewsmorningstar

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 13:29 - Jun 23 by Darran

This could be an insurance issue.

Why?

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 02:14 - Jun 24 with 1872 viewsLord_Bony

We are now ready to offload him. There's no room for sentiment here. We will prob accepet 3 to 4 million from someone probably a continental club. I don t think he wants to play for a lower league UK club.

5 goalless, lack lustre appearances at Napoli and a reoccurring ankle injury means his stock value has plummeted from the dizzy heights of £30 m in the Laudrup days.

Can't see a way back for Michu unfortunatley.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 04:19 - Jun 24 with 1853 viewsGlyn1

Someone said that he was on £40k a week, which I was very surprised at. It's more than I earn in a year, but it's damn low for a leading Premier League player. Is there any truth in that, or is it another rumour?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 05:03 - Jun 24 with 1849 viewsCooperman

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 04:19 - Jun 24 by Glyn1

Someone said that he was on £40k a week, which I was very surprised at. It's more than I earn in a year, but it's damn low for a leading Premier League player. Is there any truth in that, or is it another rumour?

The 40 grand ish figure would have been the result of his contract renewal.

At that time of contract renewal I wouldn't have said that he was a leading Premier League player and many would have thought of the potential for him to become a 'one season wonder'. However another wonder season or two immediately after would have put him into the leading player category and no doubt the 60 grand plus salary range. As we know this didn't happen and the rest is history as they say, apart from the bit that happens next.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 07:38 - Jun 24 with 1806 viewsLord_Bony

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 04:19 - Jun 24 by Glyn1

Yes his wages are currently costing the club over £2 million a year...money flushed down the toilet.

We continue to pay this until his contract expires or we can offload him or put him out on a free transfer again.

His agent knows he s onto a good thing here...worse case scenario he ll end up like some parasite sucking the blood out of us in the background and we can't get rid of.

Hope it all turns out ok in the end...

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 07:57 - Jun 24 with 1791 viewsDr_Winston

His bridges must be in a worse state than his ankles.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 08:17 - Jun 24 with 1759 viewsAnotherJohn

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 07:38 - Jun 24 by Lord_Bony

Yes his wages are currently costing the club over £2 million a year...money flushed down the toilet.

We continue to pay this until his contract expires or we can offload him or put him out on a free transfer again.

His agent knows he s onto a good thing here...worse case scenario he ll end up like some parasite sucking the blood out of us in the background and we can't get rid of.

Hope it all turns out ok in the end...

My understanding is that Napoli are paying his salary up until 30th June and then we again become the payers. Am I wrong?
Michu - Bridges have been burned on 08:20 - Jun 24 with 1754 viewsjojaca

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 07:57 - Jun 24 by Dr_Winston

His bridges must be in a worse state than his ankles.

I am remaining optimistic that he will stay and work things out. The rumours have slowed down on the subject of being linked with strikers. Fully fit physically and mentally(If you read rumours on here) and our squad will look complete.

Even when you know, you never know?

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 08:23 - Jun 24 with 1747 viewsLord_Bony

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 08:17 - Jun 24 by AnotherJohn

My understanding is that Napoli are paying his salary up until 30th June and then we again become the payers. Am I wrong?

I must have heard wrong if that's the case,then it's not so bad for us while we await his fate.

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 09:21 - Jun 24 with 1689 viewsItchySphincter

I said this before but I don't think he refused to play but had he wanted to stay he could have. He wasn't part of the Canas mob whining and not trying in training but he was sulky and aloof.

Anyway, if reports are to be taken seriously this potential move to West HAm prove his head's f@cked as well as his ankles.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 09:58 - Jun 24 with 1643 viewsperchrockjack

Gents, he s fooked and had been for some time.
History best forgotten and move on as he wont be the player he was and could have been. SHAME but we move on and in the great scheme of things he s just another player who played (very well) for us .

WE LOOK FORWARD NOT BACKWARDS

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 10:18 - Jun 24 with 1623 viewsSwansNZ

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 09:21 - Jun 24 by ItchySphincter

I said this before but I don't think he refused to play but had he wanted to stay he could have. He wasn't part of the Canas mob whining and not trying in training but he was sulky and aloof.

Anyway, if reports are to be taken seriously this potential move to West HAm prove his head's f@cked as well as his ankles.

£4 million to west ham? Must be to partner Carroll... In the medical room.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 10:23 - Jun 24 with 1614 viewswaynekerr55

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 09:58 - Jun 24 by perchrockjack

Gents, he s fooked and had been for some time.
History best forgotten and move on as he wont be the player he was and could have been. SHAME but we move on and in the great scheme of things he s just another player who played (very well) for us .

WE LOOK FORWARD NOT BACKWARDS

Spot on Rich

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024