Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michu - Bridges have been burned 08:39 - Jun 22 with 38040 viewswestisbest

Contract to be killed off ?
What a shame .

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-3133653/Michu-forgotten-man-loved-Wales
Michu - Bridges have been burned on 12:18 - Jul 1 with 2144 viewsSweyns_Eye

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 10:56 - Jul 1 by westisbest

Michu fails to report for pre-season training . Sue the cad .

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-striker-m

That's a bloody shame. I am sad.

Discipline and fine the bugger though.

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.
Poll: How long do you think Monk will last managing Leeds?

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 13:02 - Jul 1 with 2046 viewsPrivate_Partz

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 12:18 - Jul 1 by Sweyns_Eye

That's a bloody shame. I am sad.

Discipline and fine the bugger though.

I am sad as well. If the report is accurate I think we should go further and stop his wages until he honours his contract and turns up for training. Then sell him on to a foreign side. He seems to be effectively scuppering his career as he appears likely to be crocked with addition of a major attitude problem.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 13:11 - Jul 1 with 2015 viewslondonlisa2001

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 13:02 - Jul 1 by Private_Partz

I am sad as well. If the report is accurate I think we should go further and stop his wages until he honours his contract and turns up for training. Then sell him on to a foreign side. He seems to be effectively scuppering his career as he appears likely to be crocked with addition of a major attitude problem.

Unless we get a reasonable offer for him I'd rather we stopped paying him and refuse to transfer him.
Making a statement about not being mugs is worth more than say 500k to us.

Having said that, as has been pointed out, we don't know the full story just the spin, so we have to trust the club to do its best. HJ has shown before (empty chairs anyone) that he won't be pushed around.

What a shame it has come to this though. Silly boy.
Michu - Bridges have been burned on 13:26 - Jul 1 with 1971 viewssnork44

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 13:11 - Jul 1 by londonlisa2001

Unless we get a reasonable offer for him I'd rather we stopped paying him and refuse to transfer him.
Making a statement about not being mugs is worth more than say 500k to us.

Having said that, as has been pointed out, we don't know the full story just the spin, so we have to trust the club to do its best. HJ has shown before (empty chairs anyone) that he won't be pushed around.

What a shame it has come to this though. Silly boy.

As it said on SSN, he wasn't expected to turn up today. As much as this has become a circus let's see what transpires regarding the meeting before we condemn Michu out of hand.

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 14:08 - Jul 1 with 1919 viewsshandyjack

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 13:02 - Jul 1 by Private_Partz

we already know the report is inaccurate as i have already posted

Poll: Expectation for the season

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 14:14 - Jul 1 with 1907 viewslondonlisa2001

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 14:08 - Jul 1 by shandyjack

we already know the report is inaccurate as i have already posted

um, no we don't.

Sky say something different to Wales Online. One may be correct or the other, or neither or a bit of both.

Sky are no more sources of accurate info than any other gossip site (as has been proven many times in the past - only last month they swore that that Austrian bloke was flying in to sign for us when he was signing for Leicester).

It almost doesn't matter, because even if it's the case that he has been told not to turn up, that's only because the situation is awful between club and player, in which case sod him.
Michu - Bridges have been burned on 14:21 - Jul 1 with 1884 viewsshandyjack

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 14:14 - Jul 1 by londonlisa2001

um, no we don't.

Sky say something different to Wales Online. One may be correct or the other, or neither or a bit of both.

Sky are no more sources of accurate info than any other gossip site (as has been proven many times in the past - only last month they swore that that Austrian bloke was flying in to sign for us when he was signing for Leicester).

It almost doesn't matter, because even if it's the case that he has been told not to turn up, that's only because the situation is awful between club and player, in which case sod him.

we do as sky spoke to the club and confirmed it

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 14:29 - Jul 1 with 1863 viewslondonlisa2001

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 14:21 - Jul 1 by shandyjack

we do as sky spoke to the club and confirmed it

Sky are saying so, not the club as far as I have seen? It's a 'sources at the club" type thing.

Anyway - it doesn't matter as I said. If it was even remotely OK between the two parties he'd be in Swansea (irrespective of injury by the way). Sod him.
Login to get fewer ads

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 14:33 - Jul 1 with 1844 viewsDull1Thomas

'The 29-year-old Spaniard, who endured a torrid season-long loan at Napoli last term, is not required to train with the club during pre-season, which started on Wednesday.'

If that is so then he's been harshly judged.
If he has simply not turned up he could be in breach of contract etc etc.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 14:37 - Jul 1 with 1832 viewsmorningstar

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 14:33 - Jul 1 by Dull1Thomas

'The 29-year-old Spaniard, who endured a torrid season-long loan at Napoli last term, is not required to train with the club during pre-season, which started on Wednesday.'

If that is so then he's been harshly judged.
If he has simply not turned up he could be in breach of contract etc etc.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11731/9899800/swansea-to-hold-talks-with

How has he been harshly judged? He was asked to reassert his commitment to the club that is from today paying him £40k a week, and he has quite clearly failed to do so. As Lisa states. Sod him!
[Post edited 1 Jul 2015 14:38]

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 14:42 - Jul 1 with 1814 viewsAnotherJohn

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 14:29 - Jul 1 by londonlisa2001

Sky are saying so, not the club as far as I have seen? It's a 'sources at the club" type thing.

Anyway - it doesn't matter as I said. If it was even remotely OK between the two parties he'd be in Swansea (irrespective of injury by the way). Sod him.

Obviously there is a difference between a no-show and the club telling Michu he should not report until further discussions have been concluded. Either way he is unlikely to be appearing for us again, but what has happened will affect how we proceed in terms of a transfer, cancellation of the contract by mutual consent, insurance claim or anything else that may transpire. As many have said, it is a great pity that things have come to this. I have always taken the view that we should assess the position when full information about Michu's fitness and wishes was available, and it looks as though the club has given him every chance. I would not be in favour of subsidising wages elsewhere to any great extent or an over-generous pay-off, but I would like us to act reasonably.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2015 14:47]
Michu - Bridges have been burned on 14:44 - Jul 1 with 1806 viewsshandyjack

maybe it's the old romantic in me but i still harbour hope for a resolution and we see Michu in the shirt again, maybe we give him a chance on the Germany tour to intergrate with the squad again and move on from there.

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 14:48 - Jul 1 with 1795 viewslondonlisa2001

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 14:44 - Jul 1 by shandyjack

maybe it's the old romantic in me but i still harbour hope for a resolution and we see Michu in the shirt again, maybe we give him a chance on the Germany tour to intergrate with the squad again and move on from there.

I completely understand your position, since we all wanted him back to his best, head down.

But I can honestly say, that I want him to be allowed nowhere near our squad any longer.

I also hope we don't pay him off, unless it is a huge discount from what he will receive monthly. I hope we make him sit on his a*se for a year without matches or professional training and then see who will sign him.
Michu - Bridges have been burned on 14:50 - Jul 1 with 1784 viewsshandyjack

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 14:48 - Jul 1 by londonlisa2001

I completely understand your position, since we all wanted him back to his best, head down.

But I can honestly say, that I want him to be allowed nowhere near our squad any longer.

I also hope we don't pay him off, unless it is a huge discount from what he will receive monthly. I hope we make him sit on his a*se for a year without matches or professional training and then see who will sign him.

Why such hatred towards him, he wanted a new challenge when others did also(Chico,Pablo) now he is not needed by Napoli the club have told him to not turn up for training until discussions take place.

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 14:52 - Jul 1 with 1777 viewslondonlisa2001

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 14:50 - Jul 1 by shandyjack

Why such hatred towards him, he wanted a new challenge when others did also(Chico,Pablo) now he is not needed by Napoli the club have told him to not turn up for training until discussions take place.

I don't hate him - it's only football, but what you've described is not what has gone on - it's not remotely the same as Chico and Pablo.
Michu - Bridges have been burned on 14:53 - Jul 1 with 1769 viewsmorningstar

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 14:48 - Jul 1 by londonlisa2001

If we have simply told him he's not required to attend training, then it is entirely plausible too suggest that is what we fully intend to do!
[Post edited 1 Jul 2015 14:58]

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 14:55 - Jul 1 with 1757 viewsshandyjack

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 14:52 - Jul 1 by londonlisa2001

I don't hate him - it's only football, but what you've described is not what has gone on - it's not remotely the same as Chico and Pablo.

do explain? he was injured for most of the season, played when fit and then in the summer asked to leave, exactly like Pablo did

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 14:56 - Jul 1 with 1753 viewsmonmouth

Yeah, that's likely if he really has been told he needn't bother with pre-season.

One really splendid season in his whole career, one token cap where he was garbage, and he acts like Psycho Pele. Whatever, it seems pretty clear that he's finished with us and I reckon we (as someone else said) were very lucky to get the one outlier season from him.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 15:01 - Jul 1 with 1736 viewsClinton

He should be fitted with a Peter Cech style helmet, but made of tinfoil.

[Post edited 1 Jul 2015 15:04]

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 15:04 - Jul 1 with 1725 viewslondonlisa2001

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 14:55 - Jul 1 by shandyjack

do explain? he was injured for most of the season, played when fit and then in the summer asked to leave, exactly like Pablo did

Do you not think that if that was true, he'd be in Swansea at the moment?

Or indeed would have been back with us while unfit last season (as all loanees are) rather than in Spain?
Michu - Bridges have been burned on 15:10 - Jul 1 with 1700 viewssnork44

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 14:50 - Jul 1 by shandyjack

Does anyone have any inside information that warrants such hostility! As I said beforehand let's see what transpires before we judge Michu. It was quite telling that Eder has been allocated the number 17 shirt and not 9, so maybe there is a role for the guy.

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 15:13 - Jul 1 with 1692 viewsraynor94

Deluded is not the word! he didn't (doesn't) want to play for us, discussions were started with Napoli when they were here for the Europa cup, the minute Laudrup left he didn't want to know, and Sky sources are always right, leave him rot

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 15:15 - Jul 1 with 1689 viewsItchySphincter

Not the same thing at all. Pablo and the club were offered a wedge and made a decision based on what was on the table. Completely different to not fancying it anymore. If he thought he was fit enough to play in Serie A he was fit enough to slug it out here until a respectful offer came in. The ball's out of his court now and it's no more than he deserves. We gave in to his wishes twelve months ago and the fact that it didn't work out for him is tough sh!t.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 15:22 - Jul 1 with 1673 viewsScoobyWho

It clearly obvious Michu has no friends at the club and all his is clique have moved on. He caused himself most of this issue, I have no sympathy for him on that score. He needs to see the world is bigger than himself and what he can get. Story of most footballers lives.

Remember, no legends, no gods, no bullsh it, just Swansea City. And our clubs shirt. And anyone daft enough to think otherwise needs a medical. ( but not at Fulham )
[Post edited 1 Jul 2015 21:12]

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 19:00 - Jul 1 with 1485 viewsPrivate_Partz

Without anything official coming from the club then all we can do is comment on the press reports that are released. I have just done a quick check and it seems only WOL have said he has failed to turn up for training. Suggesting the club were expecting him to. The latest I have read is that SKY sources are saying talks will take place within 10 days!
It is still all speculation it seems and like you I still live in hope. I have to say though I thought a return was unlikely. It now increasingly seems we have seen the last of him.
I am amazed how the whole situation is just dragging on and I would blame both parties for that. I am sure we will all be glad when the thing is done and dusted.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2015 19:10]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024