Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big news 17:06 - Jul 2 with 5327 viewsTheFranchise

Swans academy promoted to Cat 1 for next season.

This is massive for us and our next generation of Jacks.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-academy-p
[Post edited 2 Jul 2015 17:07]
Big news on 17:13 - Jul 2 with 3935 viewslidojack

Not only will this mean our youngsters will be playing at the very best level they can but it should mean an upgrade on the quality of youngsters that we can attract.

Very very positive news.
Big news on 17:15 - Jul 2 with 3918 viewsProfessor

Big news on 17:13 - Jul 2 by lidojack

Not only will this mean our youngsters will be playing at the very best level they can but it should mean an upgrade on the quality of youngsters that we can attract.

Very very positive news.

Great news for the club going forward. The U21/youth set up has progressed very well in the last year or so.
Big news on 17:15 - Jul 2 with 3917 viewsshandyjack

shows respect for our club when we don't have cat 1 status but have been allowed to play in cat 1 leagues

Poll: Expectation for the season

Big news on 17:23 - Jul 2 with 3880 viewsItchySphincter

Good news. A pat on the back for those involved and their efforts.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2015 17:24]

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Big news on 17:26 - Jul 2 with 3870 viewsDr_Winston

Achieving Cat 1 status would be a massive foundation stone for the future of the club. When you look at where our youth system was just ten years ago, to be knocking on the door of attaining Cat 1 status since then is a remarkable achievement.

Absolutely no reason why we can't go on and produce quality players at the same rate as Southampton, and given the emphasis we've put on the continental style and technical development we could even do better.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Big news on 17:43 - Jul 2 with 3781 viewss1ackjack

It's things like this which really show how we as a club are moving forward.
Fantastic news!

The real slackjack .... beware of imposters! They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery ......... Enough said!

Big news on 17:52 - Jul 2 with 3729 viewsscottishjack

That really is big news for us...Brilliant stuff!
Big news on 17:52 - Jul 2 with 3727 viewsshandyjack

people should never underestimate the tremendous work that has gone on behind the scenes over the last few years as to compliment the on field results.
And to think some people have issues with certain board members

Poll: Expectation for the season

Login to get fewer ads

Big news on 17:54 - Jul 2 with 3713 viewslonglostjack

Excellent news that. A lesson in how to run a football club.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Big news on 18:02 - Jul 2 with 3678 viewsdgt73

Great stuff.......

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Big news on 18:09 - Jul 2 with 3639 viewsjohnlangy

Brilliant news. So important for developing our own players for the first team.
Big news on 18:13 - Jul 2 with 3623 viewsEdmundo

Great news, well done all involved👍

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Big news on 20:14 - Jul 2 with 3360 viewshobo

Huge news!
Big news on 20:19 - Jul 2 with 3342 viewsmarchamjack

some of them over on the other board must be gutted with such positive news achieved by those in charge

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Big news on 21:21 - Jul 2 with 3185 viewsKilkennyjack

Big news on 17:15 - Jul 2 by Professor

Great news for the club going forward. The U21/youth set up has progressed very well in the last year or so.

i agree. A huge well done. Losing 6-1 to Cardiff at youth level used to upset me greatly. So pleased things have improved so much in the last 18 months. Fantastic.

Beware of the Risen People

Big news on 21:51 - Jul 2 with 3107 viewsSweyns_Eye

Fabulous news. Made me smile.

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.
Poll: How long do you think Monk will last managing Leeds?

Big news on 22:15 - Jul 2 with 3049 viewssully49

With the departure of JR, we no longer have a player from our youth/ academy system, this will hopefully be rectified in the not too distant future.Yet again another plus for SCFC. Brilliant.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2015 0:14]

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Big news on 23:39 - Jul 2 with 2888 viewswaynekerr55

Big news on 21:21 - Jul 2 by Kilkennyjack

i agree. A huge well done. Losing 6-1 to Cardiff at youth level used to upset me greatly. So pleased things have improved so much in the last 18 months. Fantastic.

Interesting times.

Staff profile has radically changed. I'd hope this confirms those stupid f*cking sand dune runs to the history

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Big news on 00:02 - Jul 3 with 2855 viewsphact0rri

That is amazing news and good on all who have been involved in this. Hope to hear of the successful audit soon.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Big news on 00:07 - Jul 3 with 2846 viewsScoobyWho

👍 Wales biggest club, just turned in to Wales biggest ever club.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Big news on 08:43 - Jul 3 with 2653 viewsLeonisGod

Aren't we just playing in the C1 leagues though? Doesn't look like we will know whether we will get full C1 status until the end of the year, and then we will be able to attract from a wider pool of youngsters. Good progress nonetheless though.
Big news on 09:08 - Jul 3 with 2624 viewsNeath_Jack

Still can't say i'm that bothered about this to be honest, obviously well done to all those concerned with putting the hard graft in.

But, take Reading and Brighton for instance, what youngsters have they produced of note since having this status? Why aren't they a prominent fixture of the Premier League? Seems like lot annual expenditure in the hope that someone comes through, can't see it makes much difference myself to the Category we are already in.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Big news on 09:12 - Jul 3 with 2620 viewsscottishjack

Big news on 08:43 - Jul 3 by LeonisGod

Aren't we just playing in the C1 leagues though? Doesn't look like we will know whether we will get full C1 status until the end of the year, and then we will be able to attract from a wider pool of youngsters. Good progress nonetheless though.

Well yes, but these are the steps we have to make...pretty sure that the people who make the decision are happy to let us into the league then the audit is all but stamped. Perhaps it just can't be signed off till the building work on the classrooms is complete?

Big news on 09:37 - Jul 3 with 2581 viewsScoobyWho

Big news on 09:08 - Jul 3 by Neath_Jack

Still can't say i'm that bothered about this to be honest, obviously well done to all those concerned with putting the hard graft in.

But, take Reading and Brighton for instance, what youngsters have they produced of note since having this status? Why aren't they a prominent fixture of the Premier League? Seems like lot annual expenditure in the hope that someone comes through, can't see it makes much difference myself to the Category we are already in.

Surely the way Swansea run their club and do their business, and attract players thru style of play means the club's you mention are years behind us. Southampton are the benchmark, not Brighton.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Big news on 20:22 - Jul 3 with 2373 viewsNeath_Jack

Big news on 09:37 - Jul 3 by ScoobyWho

Surely the way Swansea run their club and do their business, and attract players thru style of play means the club's you mention are years behind us. Southampton are the benchmark, not Brighton.

Right, since we are already this all singing all dancing football club, why do we need this Cat 1 academy, other than for the kudos? I'd say Southampton are the exception to the rule, what about Derby, Fulham, Wolves or Blackburn? Who have they produced through their academies? That's a genuine question. All those clubs named, you'd think there'd be plenty of top class players to come through their academies, perhaps they have, but that is what i'm asking here.

What is the true benefit of it? I don't buy the, playing the top sides every week are going to make a dramatic difference to their ability. Maybe it will make the average players a little bit better, but produce first teamers on a regular basis?

As i said on the subject the other week, i'm willing for those with more knowledge of these set ups to put me straight, but up until now, nobody has.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024