Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
James Maclean. again 09:03 - Jul 20 with 27382 viewsperchrockjack

Any justification for this?

Any response apart from the obvious posters.

He seems simply top be uncomfortable earning his salary where he does so there s a clear alternative for him to consider

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/james-mcclean-warned-west-brom-60979

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

James Maclean. again on 14:27 - Jul 21 with 3149 viewsyescomeon

James Maclean. again on 14:23 - Jul 21 by Groo

I read that although he is Northern Irish, he recieved permission to play for the Republic of Ireland.

Under what reason, I couldn't see a reference to either parent or grandparent being referenced as being from the Republic of Ireland

Don't you get to pick your nationality up there, I'm sure my mate from up there has both and Irish and British passport. Handy for travelling like.

Upthecity!

James Maclean. again on 14:36 - Jul 21 with 3139 viewsHighjack

James Maclean. again on 14:27 - Jul 21 by yescomeon

Don't you get to pick your nationality up there, I'm sure my mate from up there has both and Irish and British passport. Handy for travelling like.

Yeah it was part of the good Friday agreement I believe.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

James Maclean. again on 15:32 - Jul 21 with 3101 viewsllareggub

i don’t have a problem with this at all we are all allowed to have principles as much as government , media an peer pressure tells us differently , you really need to understand just how disgustingly the British treated the Irish over the years no different to former Japanese pow's turning their back on the Japanese contingent at the cenotaph a few years ago .
James Maclean. again on 15:48 - Jul 21 with 3085 viewsTrundle10

James Maclean. again on 15:32 - Jul 21 by llareggub

i don’t have a problem with this at all we are all allowed to have principles as much as government , media an peer pressure tells us differently , you really need to understand just how disgustingly the British treated the Irish over the years no different to former Japanese pow's turning their back on the Japanese contingent at the cenotaph a few years ago .

Theye were not Japanese and earning a good living in Japan tho. Poor analogy
James Maclean. again on 15:48 - Jul 21 with 3084 viewsmagicdaps10

Yeah, its part of the good Friday agreement.

You can choose to have a Irish or British passport if born in the North.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

James Maclean. again on 19:38 - Jul 21 with 2993 viewsattila_the_hun

Sack Maclean

"I'm Free"

James Maclean. again on 22:17 - Jul 21 with 2937 viewsymaohyd

James Maclean. again on 23:20 - Jul 20 by trampie

GSTQ and the union jack does not represent lots of Welsh people, lots of Welsh will never sing GSTQ or wave the union jack.

Absolutely. I hate God Save the Queen and the Union Jack.

However, I would never be disrespectful towards an anthem a flag whatever...under the circumstances that Maclean did.

I don't have a problem with his opinion, but fuc* off and go and play on the continent. To earn a huge salary in England and then act in the manner that he does is complete hypocrisy!

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

James Maclean. again on 06:44 - Jul 22 with 2881 viewsQuakerJack

Good for him...

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Login to get fewer ads

James Maclean. again on 07:32 - Jul 22 with 2865 viewstrampie

James Maclean. again on 22:17 - Jul 21 by ymaohyd

Absolutely. I hate God Save the Queen and the Union Jack.

However, I would never be disrespectful towards an anthem a flag whatever...under the circumstances that Maclean did.

I don't have a problem with his opinion, but fuc* off and go and play on the continent. To earn a huge salary in England and then act in the manner that he does is complete hypocrisy!

Whilst I would not personally disrespect other countries anthems or flags in normal circumstances, If one was in or just out of war situation where you might perceive your lot to be the victims then that might be different, we dont know what has happened to him, his family, his friends, neighbours etc.

His manager has had a word so perhaps he will keep his feelings about certain things to himself going forward.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

James Maclean. again on 12:00 - Jul 22 with 2819 viewsswan65split

James Maclean. again on 15:56 - Jul 20 by magicdaps10

So he turns his head to the British anthem, does he turn his head to the British sterling when offered to him?!?

The guy is a hypocrite and a scrote.

We will not advance as human beings with idiots like McLean on this planet. He is a bitter person, bitter people are dangerous.

Correct , whatever his beleiifs, its about respect, respect for the people he is with and the fans,
I wonder what he would do if you did the same, or disrespected the Irish Anthemwhilst in his company.............the BOY wants to grow up!!
James Maclean. again on 13:20 - Jul 22 with 2778 viewsQuakerJack

I suppose the scots should respect the song as well? when one of the other verses contains words along the lines of "crush the rebellious scots".

Would anyone in here stand up and respect an anthem if it contained the words "death to the Welsh"?

it's a horrible song and deserves ZERO respect. British soldiers went into McLean's country and committed awful acts in the name of that wench mentioned in that song.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

James Maclean. again on 13:51 - Jul 22 with 2756 viewsDarran

James Maclean. again on 13:20 - Jul 22 by QuakerJack

I suppose the scots should respect the song as well? when one of the other verses contains words along the lines of "crush the rebellious scots".

Would anyone in here stand up and respect an anthem if it contained the words "death to the Welsh"?

it's a horrible song and deserves ZERO respect. British soldiers went into McLean's country and committed awful acts in the name of that wench mentioned in that song.

Oh Pat come on mate this is getting sillier by the minute,Scots (& Welsh) do respect it in the same circumstances and as for the country bit yes everyone agrees but he's still in the country of the British soldiers that went into his country committing awful acts happy to pick up his wedge.

He's 100% entitled to his opinions and beliefs but if people can't see he's a massive hypocrite there's something staggeringly wrong,it makes you wonder why he didn't turn down the move to Sunderland in 2011 doesn't it especially with such strong principles.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

James Maclean. again on 14:48 - Jul 22 with 2727 viewsFlashberryjack

James Maclean. again on 13:20 - Jul 22 by QuakerJack

Those are the words from the historic version of GSTQ of 1745.
1745 ffs...what chance does the world have of harmony and peace, when imbeciles like Maclean act in the manner he has, and others continually fan the flames of hatred by quoting the words of a verse composed in 1745.
FFS leave it go mun or there is no hope.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

James Maclean. again on 14:56 - Jul 22 with 2714 viewsHighjack

James Maclean. again on 14:48 - Jul 22 by Flashberryjack

Those are the words from the historic version of GSTQ of 1745.
1745 ffs...what chance does the world have of harmony and peace, when imbeciles like Maclean act in the manner he has, and others continually fan the flames of hatred by quoting the words of a verse composed in 1745.
FFS leave it go mun or there is no hope.

Exactly. Only the most stupid people hold grudges for the actions of people hundreds of years ago.

Now I'm off to bomb Norway because a Viking raped my great great great great great great great great great great great great grandfather and pillaged his chariot.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

James Maclean. again on 15:16 - Jul 22 with 2688 viewsFlashberryjack

James Maclean. again on 14:56 - Jul 22 by Highjack

Exactly. Only the most stupid people hold grudges for the actions of people hundreds of years ago.

Now I'm off to bomb Norway because a Viking raped my great great great great great great great great great great great great grandfather and pillaged his chariot.

If by any chance you're passing Italy.....do me a favour and drop a bomb on them as well.
Those f*cking Romans robbed my gt gt gt gt gt gt gt gt gt gt gt nana the b*stards.

Hello

James Maclean. again on 15:27 - Jul 22 with 2675 viewsskippyjack

It's a weird one ain't it.. if he was a true 'irish national' with hatred towards the English.. he'd speak irish, his kid would've been born in ireland.. and attend an irish school.

His kid was born in England, attends a school that structures kids to embrace british culture.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

James Maclean. again on 17:01 - Jul 22 with 2621 viewslondonlisa2001

Hypothetical question.

If Federico Fernandez chose to turn his back on the Welsh anthem / flag because he didn't like the fairly signficant participation of the Welsh regiments in the Falklands War which killed a large number of his countrymen, would we say "that's fine" or would we instead say "if you hate the Welsh so much, then perhaps you are being just a tad hypocritical in taking money from a Welsh team and Welsh supporters"?

I think I know the answer, which would be - if you don't like us then go somewhere else to earn your crust.

It is, of course, perfectly reasonable if someone decides they don't like 'The British' or British policy - I'm sure a lot of us don't agree with all aspects of it either, but the second that he chooses to live here because that's where the money is, then he has sold his beliefs for 30 pieces of silver, and with that, in my opinion, he has sold his ability to act like a disrespectful prat to his employer and to his supporters.

There is also, of course, a certain delicious irony that with the huge salary he is doubtless on, he is probably paying for at least 40 British soldiers from his tax bill. They should send him a thank you note.
James Maclean. again on 18:39 - Jul 22 with 2589 viewsScoobyWho

James Maclean. again on 17:01 - Jul 22 by londonlisa2001

Hypothetical question.

If Federico Fernandez chose to turn his back on the Welsh anthem / flag because he didn't like the fairly signficant participation of the Welsh regiments in the Falklands War which killed a large number of his countrymen, would we say "that's fine" or would we instead say "if you hate the Welsh so much, then perhaps you are being just a tad hypocritical in taking money from a Welsh team and Welsh supporters"?

I think I know the answer, which would be - if you don't like us then go somewhere else to earn your crust.

It is, of course, perfectly reasonable if someone decides they don't like 'The British' or British policy - I'm sure a lot of us don't agree with all aspects of it either, but the second that he chooses to live here because that's where the money is, then he has sold his beliefs for 30 pieces of silver, and with that, in my opinion, he has sold his ability to act like a disrespectful prat to his employer and to his supporters.

There is also, of course, a certain delicious irony that with the huge salary he is doubtless on, he is probably paying for at least 40 British soldiers from his tax bill. They should send him a thank you note.

A perfect conclusion 👍

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

James Maclean. again on 09:56 - Jul 23 with 2484 viewsfather_jack

didnt tremmel wear a poppy last year?? F.uck mclean

DRINK, FECK, GIRRRRLLSSS!

James Maclean. again on 11:04 - Jul 23 with 2460 viewsLohengrin

James Maclean. again on 09:56 - Jul 23 by father_jack

didnt tremmel wear a poppy last year?? F.uck mclean

The poppy is recognised as a symbol of remembrance in Germany too. Good manners are also universal to the well brought up.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

James Maclean. again on 14:30 - Jul 23 with 2409 viewspaddywhacker

JMC is a young lad and a bit green (literally, it would seem) behind the ears, and most probably doesn't hate England or the English people. It's the symbols that have been used as tools of triumphalism back in Northern Ireland that he would find it difficult to show respect towards. He should be intelligent enough to just get on with it and accept that it's not in the same context to that he's used to and is part of the commitment he's entered into. His identity and culture has been historically oppressed and more recently discriminated against by those who hold these symbols aloft at every given opportunity - therefore, a bit of understanding the other way wouldn't hurt. It's a complex issue, with many factors involved, that few on here would understand (many would probably rather not move from their position of disdain for JMC anyway), but he's not displaying hatred of England or supporting the actions of the IRA. It's not as simple as that! If anything, show some disdain towards the so-called political leaders in Northern Ireland who continue to nurture the polarised society that keeps them in their nice cushy offices in both Stormont and Westminster (albeit Sinn Fein won't take up seats at Westminster).

Slightly unrelated, but does anyone remember the little debacle not so long ago over which anthem(s) would be played at the Capital One Cup Final?
James Maclean. again on 15:12 - Jul 23 with 2371 viewsFlashberryjack

James Maclean. again on 14:30 - Jul 23 by paddywhacker

JMC is a young lad and a bit green (literally, it would seem) behind the ears, and most probably doesn't hate England or the English people. It's the symbols that have been used as tools of triumphalism back in Northern Ireland that he would find it difficult to show respect towards. He should be intelligent enough to just get on with it and accept that it's not in the same context to that he's used to and is part of the commitment he's entered into. His identity and culture has been historically oppressed and more recently discriminated against by those who hold these symbols aloft at every given opportunity - therefore, a bit of understanding the other way wouldn't hurt. It's a complex issue, with many factors involved, that few on here would understand (many would probably rather not move from their position of disdain for JMC anyway), but he's not displaying hatred of England or supporting the actions of the IRA. It's not as simple as that! If anything, show some disdain towards the so-called political leaders in Northern Ireland who continue to nurture the polarised society that keeps them in their nice cushy offices in both Stormont and Westminster (albeit Sinn Fein won't take up seats at Westminster).

Slightly unrelated, but does anyone remember the little debacle not so long ago over which anthem(s) would be played at the Capital One Cup Final?

Maclean was wrong to disrespect another countries anthem.....worst still was refusing to wear a poppy, the guy's just plain ignorant.
The troubles in Ireland will never end whilst ars*holes like Maclean continually pick the scabs off wounds that many people are trying so hard to heal.....and people like yourself trying to make excuses for him don't help either.

Hello

James Maclean. again on 15:39 - Jul 23 with 2347 viewspaddywhacker

James Maclean. again on 15:12 - Jul 23 by Flashberryjack

Maclean was wrong to disrespect another countries anthem.....worst still was refusing to wear a poppy, the guy's just plain ignorant.
The troubles in Ireland will never end whilst ars*holes like Maclean continually pick the scabs off wounds that many people are trying so hard to heal.....and people like yourself trying to make excuses for him don't help either.

I'm not making an excuse for him, just giving an alternative view that contains a lot more accuracy, understanding, and factual awareness of his circumstances than many on here do. By saying he's ignorant, you are also providing him with an excuse.

Call him what you like, but I am confident that the guy won't turn his back when in a similar situation again. He'll know better and should better understand that the meaning behind it is not the same as what he's known it to be back in Northern Ireland.

Furthermore, don't you think it's the British media that should be a bit more responsible when it comes to 'picking the scabs'. They're largely the reason why most residents of the UK outside Northern Ireland have a totally one-eyed view of the whole situation.

Anyway, it's only football. In the supposedly diverse world that we live in, stuff like this should never be part of it. That's only my view, of course.
James Maclean. again on 15:50 - Jul 23 with 2331 viewsFlashberryjack

James Maclean. again on 15:39 - Jul 23 by paddywhacker

I'm not making an excuse for him, just giving an alternative view that contains a lot more accuracy, understanding, and factual awareness of his circumstances than many on here do. By saying he's ignorant, you are also providing him with an excuse.

Call him what you like, but I am confident that the guy won't turn his back when in a similar situation again. He'll know better and should better understand that the meaning behind it is not the same as what he's known it to be back in Northern Ireland.

Furthermore, don't you think it's the British media that should be a bit more responsible when it comes to 'picking the scabs'. They're largely the reason why most residents of the UK outside Northern Ireland have a totally one-eyed view of the whole situation.

Anyway, it's only football. In the supposedly diverse world that we live in, stuff like this should never be part of it. That's only my view, of course.

That's only your view, and you're entitled to give that view...and many a brave man lies in their grave so that you and Maclean have that entitlement.
Disrespecting another's anthem is at the very least could be seen as being rude.....refusing to wear a poppy in remembrance of those that died giving him that right is absolutely disgusting....the guy's a k*nt.
Only my view of course.

Hello

James Maclean. again on 15:51 - Jul 23 with 2331 viewsNeiltheTaylor

He is being a bit of a nob about it, but to ignore the fact that the symbol of the poppy has been co-opted as a tacit support of the military instead of one of sacrifice and remembrance is naive to say the least.

It's a pity the military couldn't leave it alone really and I find that part quite distasteful. It's a very American phenomenon to turn the move of Armistice into one of "celebrating" service people generally.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024