Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread 10:53 - Jul 31 with 18125 viewsPhil_S

The Liberty Stadium, Saturday August 1st 2015, Kick Off 5.30pm

v

Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread on 16:35 - Aug 1 with 6903 viewsTheKirkyLife

Confirmed line-up: Fabianski, Naughton, Fernandez, Williams (c), Taylor, Ki, Cork, Shelvey, Routledge, Ayew, Gomis

Seems to me that Shelvey will play at the tip of the diamond and - at least in my eyes - sounds like a Chelsea line-up. Gylfi has just been woefully quiet in pre-season whilst Jonjo has looked mighty sharp.
Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread on 16:44 - Aug 1 with 6780 viewsSenhin

Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread on 16:35 - Aug 1 by TheKirkyLife

Confirmed line-up: Fabianski, Naughton, Fernandez, Williams (c), Taylor, Ki, Cork, Shelvey, Routledge, Ayew, Gomis

Seems to me that Shelvey will play at the tip of the diamond and - at least in my eyes - sounds like a Chelsea line-up. Gylfi has just been woefully quiet in pre-season whilst Jonjo has looked mighty sharp.

You think that with those players we will go with the diamond and put Ayew in central midfield rather than it being a 4231?

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread on 16:48 - Aug 1 with 6759 viewsTheKirkyLife

Think more attacking with Gomis at the tip so...

Ayew
Shelvey, Gomis
Routledge

Andre and Wayne more like wingers. Position would suit Montero and Emnes more as subs also.
Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread on 17:00 - Aug 1 with 6636 viewsmidswan

Looks a good line up to me,solid where it matters and options and movement up front.
Was always going to be interesting selecting the best team (not necessarily the same as best players..)
Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread on 17:59 - Aug 1 with 5586 viewsMarryGonk

Anyone got a stream?

Marry Gonk's Barmy Army!

Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread on 18:08 - Aug 1 with 5331 viewsbathgatejack

Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread on 17:59 - Aug 1 by MarryGonk

Anyone got a stream?

nobody can find 1 pal
Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread on 18:10 - Aug 1 with 5299 viewsskippyjack

He's playing the Christmas tree..

...........................Fabianski.....................
Naughton..Fernandez..Williams..Taylor
...............Jonjo......Cork......Ki.................
....................Ayew.........Routledge..........
............................Gomis...........................

Finding out who'll start against Chelsea.. Ayew or Routledge.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread on 18:14 - Aug 1 with 5197 viewsMarryGonk

Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread on 18:08 - Aug 1 by bathgatejack

nobody can find 1 pal

Twitter updates it is then eh

Marry Gonk's Barmy Army!

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread on 18:21 - Aug 1 with 5017 viewsmalagajack

Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread on 18:14 - Aug 1 by MarryGonk

Twitter updates it is then eh

mbm also here

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-v-deporti
Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread on 18:44 - Aug 1 with 4534 viewsNeath_Jack

Tabanou, Gylfi and Montero on for JJS, Routs and Taylor.

Reading stuff from people at the game, sounds like JJS had a good first half. Hopefully all the extra work he's put in over the summer is going to benefit him and us massively.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread on 20:05 - Aug 1 with 3296 viewsFar_Post

Thoughts on the match.

Plus points
Shelvey is looking sharp
Tabanou seems promising
Back four and goalkeeper

Negatives
Our tempo was a bit slow at times which you can forgive in a friendly.
Sigurdsson was a bit off colour. Ayew quiet.

Blog: The C Word

Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread on 20:15 - Aug 1 with 3155 viewsmidswan

interesting re: Siggs, been 'off colour' for a while now...
Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread on 20:16 - Aug 1 with 3142 viewsHighjack

Deportivo are filthy. 8 or 9 yellow cards in a friendly, including a di canio style push on the ref.

Time wasting from the start. Goalkeepers taking ten minutes to take goal kicks. Their coaching team refusing to throw the ball back when it was our throw in and the ball was in their dugout.

Perfect preparation for the prem season.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread on 20:16 - Aug 1 with 3128 viewsItchySphincter

Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread on 20:05 - Aug 1 by Far_Post

Thoughts on the match.

Plus points
Shelvey is looking sharp
Tabanou seems promising
Back four and goalkeeper

Negatives
Our tempo was a bit slow at times which you can forgive in a friendly.
Sigurdsson was a bit off colour. Ayew quiet.

Sigurdsson made a difference when he came on. Gomis looked pretty sharp and keen, Jeff was Jeff, Cork has a funny run. Jonjo tried and did some good things but needed to be re-calibrated. It was as dull a friendly as can be imagined.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread on 20:17 - Aug 1 with 3120 viewslovejuicejack

Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread on 20:16 - Aug 1 by Highjack

Deportivo are filthy. 8 or 9 yellow cards in a friendly, including a di canio style push on the ref.

Time wasting from the start. Goalkeepers taking ten minutes to take goal kicks. Their coaching team refusing to throw the ball back when it was our throw in and the ball was in their dugout.

Perfect preparation for the prem season.

Aye not very friendly was it.
Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread on 20:20 - Aug 1 with 3068 viewsOldjack

An enjoyable game with some lovely footie by both sides being played ,just a little shame we couldn't have finished them off ,2-0 they'd have no complaints

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread on 20:29 - Aug 1 with 2966 viewseverytimeref

I wondered if the slow tempo was deliberate given it's Chelsea away next week. Reminded me very much of Arsenal away last season.

Overall,

Shelvey was good first half.
Ki tidied up a lot of the loose play and got himself forward a few times.
Siggy looked lively.
Montero as usual looked a handful but the final ball was frustrating at times.
Gomis put himself about but Eder looked livelier when he came on.
Tabanou looked promising going forward but difficult to say defensively as they were content to sit behind the ball and look to hit us on the break.
Expected more from Ayew difficult to judge on such a lacklustre team lerformance.

After the Villareal game last year I was worried. This time not worried just a bit underwhelmed. Hopefully they repeat last year's opener and surprise us all
[Post edited 1 Aug 2015 20:33]
Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread on 20:31 - Aug 1 with 2931 viewsAnotherJohn

No repeat of Villarreal, but lots of evident rust. I can see why Deporta are interested in Michu and think they will face another relegation battle this season. Having said that Fab probably pulled off the save of the game.

There were an awful lot of empty seats at the Liberty today - if we aren't careful Huw will think that extension isn't needed.
Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread on 20:34 - Aug 1 with 2901 viewsOldjack

Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread on 20:31 - Aug 1 by AnotherJohn

No repeat of Villarreal, but lots of evident rust. I can see why Deporta are interested in Michu and think they will face another relegation battle this season. Having said that Fab probably pulled off the save of the game.

There were an awful lot of empty seats at the Liberty today - if we aren't careful Huw will think that extension isn't needed.

13000 + says that's good for a friendly

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread on 20:43 - Aug 1 with 2789 viewsoldcob

Don't know what Deportivo came for. They wasted time almost from the off, because we definitely had the edge in speed and fitness. The ref let them get away with foul after foul, and for as long he was allowing it they carried on doing it. They made little effort to compete fairly. The ref was weak and they took full advantage. We should still have won though, we had enough chances. I know you can't go back to the past but if Bony had been our striker today he would have had a hat trick.
Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread on 20:45 - Aug 1 with 2771 viewslovejuicejack

In fairness their goalkeeper pulled off a couple of decent saves.
Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread on 20:45 - Aug 1 with 2756 viewsAnotherJohn

Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread on 20:34 - Aug 1 by Oldjack

13000 + says that's good for a friendly

The PA said under 13K. I think that is poor for a team that was 8th in the PL last season. Would have been good back in the Vetch days admittedly. The North was empty as far as I could see and the South not much better.
Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread on 20:46 - Aug 1 with 2744 viewsStarsky

Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread on 20:31 - Aug 1 by AnotherJohn

Your last sentence?
Ridiculous. You're a nice poster but your glass is always empty.

It's just the internet, init.

Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread on 20:48 - Aug 1 with 2716 viewslovejuicejack

Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread on 20:45 - Aug 1 by AnotherJohn

The PA said under 13K. I think that is poor for a team that was 8th in the PL last season. Would have been good back in the Vetch days admittedly. The North was empty as far as I could see and the South not much better.

Rubbish that's a good crowd and Huw ain't that thick that he'll look at today and judge the extension.
Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread on 20:51 - Aug 1 with 2684 viewsAnotherJohn

You dullards don't seem to recognise a tongue-in-cheek remark (re Huw if you can't work it out) when you see one, but I still think our team deserves more support.

I see Sinclair scored a hat-trick for Villa today.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2015 21:01]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024