Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would you swap Gomis for Bony 09:11 - Aug 16 with 10479 viewsdgt73

For me it's a NO

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 10:13 - Aug 16 with 1390 viewsWhiterockin

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 10:07 - Aug 16 by dgt73

As the saying goes "if it ain't broken don't fix it". If Bony came back tomorrow IMO he'd have to sit on the bench and wait for his chance, just like Gomis did.

Not if there was a swap as in your original post he wouldn't.
Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 10:17 - Aug 16 with 1384 viewsdgt73

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 10:13 - Aug 16 by Whiterockin

Not if there was a swap as in your original post he wouldn't.

Right now I wouldn't swap Gomis for Bony, because Gomis is doing the business. "If it ain't broken don't fix it".

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 10:19 - Aug 16 with 1375 viewsNeath_Jack

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 10:06 - Aug 16 by jack247

He is on a different level. That's not being disrespectful to Gomis.

They are on the same level when a Champions League club wants to buy him for £25-£30m. By all accounts they could get him for £8m at the moment. He has started the season brilliantly. 2 goals and 2 great performances in 2 games. He may get to Bonys level, but he hasn't yet.

No he is isn't, they are different types of players.

Do you want a charity bet, that Bony will not score more than 10 goals more than Gomis this season? Because, if he was at a different level, then he'll achieve this easily, yes? When you are talking different levels, you're talking Aguero, Suarez, Sanchez et al. Bearing in mind Bony plays for one of the best sides in Europe, then he should batter Gomis in the goals scored stakes shouldn't he.

And just to correct you a bit, Gomis was outstanding at the end of last season as well, what is it, something like 7 goals in the last 8? How many has Bony scored in his last 8 league games? Considering he's on a different level, must be double that surely?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 10:19 - Aug 16 with 1371 viewsWhiterockin

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 10:17 - Aug 16 by dgt73

Right now I wouldn't swap Gomis for Bony, because Gomis is doing the business. "If it ain't broken don't fix it".

Fair enough. But you said that if Bony came back he would be on the bench. If there was a swap for Gomis who would you put on the pitch to keep Bony on the bench.
Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 10:24 - Aug 16 with 1353 viewsdgt73

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 10:19 - Aug 16 by Whiterockin

Fair enough. But you said that if Bony came back he would be on the bench. If there was a swap for Gomis who would you put on the pitch to keep Bony on the bench.

If Gomis left I'd love Bony to replace him, but as it stands £28 million for Bony and Gomis stepping in very successfully so far.....='happy days.

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 10:27 - Aug 16 with 1330 viewsicecoldjack

The worry I have about go missing is that week still have a few weeks of the window open and his loyalty is roughly zero.

Spurs are desperate for a striker and have money,same with arsenal and a few others.

If 6-10m gets offered by a team he will probably try and cash in and move on, if he said his apparent goodbyes a few weeks back to sign for a middle east club before changing his mind then he will be happy to move anywhere if the money is right.

At least with bony he wanted to move upwards, bafa will move anywhere just for the signing on fee.

It's a slight concern for me.
Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 10:34 - Aug 16 with 1311 viewsjack247

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 10:19 - Aug 16 by Neath_Jack

No he is isn't, they are different types of players.

Do you want a charity bet, that Bony will not score more than 10 goals more than Gomis this season? Because, if he was at a different level, then he'll achieve this easily, yes? When you are talking different levels, you're talking Aguero, Suarez, Sanchez et al. Bearing in mind Bony plays for one of the best sides in Europe, then he should batter Gomis in the goals scored stakes shouldn't he.

And just to correct you a bit, Gomis was outstanding at the end of last season as well, what is it, something like 7 goals in the last 8? How many has Bony scored in his last 8 league games? Considering he's on a different level, must be double that surely?

Well yes, those players are on a different level again. They are also different types of player to either Bony or Gomis, doesn't mean they can't be judged as better.

I know Bony started the other day, but Aguero is very much the main man there. If he was here getting 25 goals a season and all the through balls were played to him, you don't think that would eat into Gomis' goal tally a bit?

I wouldn't be surprised if Gomis does score more than Bony, in fact given that Bony is likely to be playing more of a providing role and Gomis is going to be the focal point of our attacks, I would almost expect it.

To make it a fair comparison, if Gomis is topping the league goalscoring charts at Christmas, like Bony either was, or was close to when he went on ACON duty, I would agree with you.
Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 10:34 - Aug 16 with 1311 viewsWhiterockin

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 10:24 - Aug 16 by dgt73

If Gomis left I'd love Bony to replace him, but as it stands £28 million for Bony and Gomis stepping in very successfully so far.....='happy days.

OK truce. But as a matter of interest, do think that Gomis would be as effective if Shelvey was injured/suspended and not playing. Personally the balls that Shelvey is playing are perfect for Gomis and I don't think that Siggy/Ayew/Montero can provide the balls that Gomis needs. We have a fantastic balance at the moment, although players can come in, Shelvey and Gomis are key players in our squad.
Login to get fewer ads

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 10:35 - Aug 16 with 1308 viewsSwansNZ

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 10:27 - Aug 16 by icecoldjack

The worry I have about go missing is that week still have a few weeks of the window open and his loyalty is roughly zero.

Spurs are desperate for a striker and have money,same with arsenal and a few others.

If 6-10m gets offered by a team he will probably try and cash in and move on, if he said his apparent goodbyes a few weeks back to sign for a middle east club before changing his mind then he will be happy to move anywhere if the money is right.

At least with bony he wanted to move upwards, bafa will move anywhere just for the signing on fee.

It's a slight concern for me.

As someone said earlier, there is no loyalty in football. Money talks for almost everyone, Bony or Gomis are no different.

Saying that, I do find it funny when people slag Gomis off for lack of loyalty or money grabbing, but praise Bony for the same thing. Which one is still with us?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 10:36 - Aug 16 with 1306 viewsdgt73

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 10:34 - Aug 16 by Whiterockin

OK truce. But as a matter of interest, do think that Gomis would be as effective if Shelvey was injured/suspended and not playing. Personally the balls that Shelvey is playing are perfect for Gomis and I don't think that Siggy/Ayew/Montero can provide the balls that Gomis needs. We have a fantastic balance at the moment, although players can come in, Shelvey and Gomis are key players in our squad.

Who knows ?

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 10:37 - Aug 16 with 1299 viewsDr_Winston

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 10:34 - Aug 16 by Whiterockin

Gomis has scored twice against Arsenal from Monty crosses. He may not get as many decent through balls, but he'd still get service.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 10:37 - Aug 16 with 1298 viewsBloodyhills

I'd swop them.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 10:40 - Aug 16 with 1274 viewsSwansNZ

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 10:37 - Aug 16 by Bloodyhills

I'd swop them.

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 10:42 - Aug 16 with 1263 viewsjack247

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 10:35 - Aug 16 by SwansNZ

As someone said earlier, there is no loyalty in football. Money talks for almost everyone, Bony or Gomis are no different.

Saying that, I do find it funny when people slag Gomis off for lack of loyalty or money grabbing, but praise Bony for the same thing. Which one is still with us?

There is probably not a player in the world that wouldn't leave us for Man City, much bigger wages and CL football. Bony just got his head down, worked hard and earned his move.

It is a different story with Gomis because of the release clause. Not his fault, we agreed to it when we signed him. Assuming that wasn't there and he played well enough to earn a big money move to a CL club, I would hope he would go with no hard feelings from the fans as well.
Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 10:49 - Aug 16 with 1244 viewsSwansNZ

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 10:42 - Aug 16 by jack247

There is probably not a player in the world that wouldn't leave us for Man City, much bigger wages and CL football. Bony just got his head down, worked hard and earned his move.

It is a different story with Gomis because of the release clause. Not his fault, we agreed to it when we signed him. Assuming that wasn't there and he played well enough to earn a big money move to a CL club, I would hope he would go with no hard feelings from the fans as well.

I don't know any details of Gomis release clause. Bony earned his move? Only by doing what Gomis is now doing. I see in difference in the 2. If Gomis were to leave, and depending on circumstances, then I could revise my view then.

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 10:54 - Aug 16 with 1215 viewsjack247

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 10:49 - Aug 16 by SwansNZ

I don't know any details of Gomis release clause. Bony earned his move? Only by doing what Gomis is now doing. I see in difference in the 2. If Gomis were to leave, and depending on circumstances, then I could revise my view then.

As far as I am aware, he has an £8m release clause?

And yeah, Gomis is on a hell of a run if you include the back end of last season. If he keeps that up, then he will earn a move as well. The difference is that if he left for £8m, rightly or wrongly, it would upset a lot of fans. If, hypothetically, he got to the level where the likes of Man City wanted him and we got £25-30m for him, I would think most would be decent enough to say well done and good luck.
Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 10:57 - Aug 16 with 1208 viewsDr_Winston

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 10:54 - Aug 16 by jack247

And yeah, Gomis is on a hell of a run if you include the back end of last season. If he keeps that up, then he will earn a move as well. The difference is that if he left for £8m, rightly or wrongly, it would upset a lot of fans. If, hypothetically, he got to the level where the likes of Man City wanted him and we got £25-30m for him, I would think most would be decent enough to say well done and good luck.

It would only upset me because it's yet another pathetically low release clause in the first place.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 11:05 - Aug 16 with 1178 viewsWhiterockin

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 10:54 - Aug 16 by jack247

Agree 100%. All he has to do is sign a new contract with a higher release clause like Bony did.
Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 11:08 - Aug 16 with 1170 viewsSwansNZ

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 11:05 - Aug 16 by Whiterockin

Agree 100%. All he has to do is sign a new contract with a higher release clause like Bony did.

Has he been offered one?

Did Bony go to the club and say," hey change my terms, and add a big release clause, no pay raise needed"?

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 11:08 - Aug 16 with 1170 viewsjack247

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 10:57 - Aug 16 by Dr_Winston

It would only upset me because it's yet another pathetically low release clause in the first place.

It wouldn't be the players fault at all. I still think he would get a lot of animosity from the fans if he became top class and left for £8m though.

Seeing as he joined on a free, he is probably on top wages anyway. I doubt there is much we can do to remove the clause now.
Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 11:12 - Aug 16 with 1152 viewsjack247

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 11:08 - Aug 16 by SwansNZ

Has he been offered one?

Did Bony go to the club and say," hey change my terms, and add a big release clause, no pay raise needed"?

He came in on a free, with plenty of other clubs interested in him. He could practically dictate his terms. We bought Bony for £12m and a sell on clause. Gomis was in a much stronger negotiating position when he joined.

In theory, we could offer him a pay rise, or whatever kind of enhancement, but in reality, he is probably a massive earner anyway. Why would he agree to waive the clause unless we were significantly improving his contract?
Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 11:14 - Aug 16 with 1144 viewsSwansNZ

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 11:12 - Aug 16 by jack247

He came in on a free, with plenty of other clubs interested in him. He could practically dictate his terms. We bought Bony for £12m and a sell on clause. Gomis was in a much stronger negotiating position when he joined.

In theory, we could offer him a pay rise, or whatever kind of enhancement, but in reality, he is probably a massive earner anyway. Why would he agree to waive the clause unless we were significantly improving his contract?

Same reason as Bony probably - money

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 11:18 - Aug 16 with 1135 viewsjack247

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 11:14 - Aug 16 by SwansNZ

Same reason as Bony probably - money

Ok, you missed the point.

We are probably already paying him top dollar. We probably weren't when we signed Bony, so there was more room for manouvre with his new contract.

Give Gomis a payrise from already being the top earner (or close to it) and you are going to get all the other key players wanting parity and becoming disenchanted if they don't get it,
Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 11:57 - Aug 16 with 1085 viewsMrSwerve

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 10:35 - Aug 16 by SwansNZ

There are some players like Britton who would never move for money though.

Oh wait.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 12:02 - Aug 16 with 1072 viewsClinton

Just saying during the game yesterday that I think Gomis offers slightly more than Bony in his all round game.
Maybe not as good in those defensive set pieces.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024