Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Congratulations to Her Majesty The Queen 09:06 - Sep 9 with 3046 viewsDarran

GSTQ.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34177107

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Congratulations to Her Majesty The Queen on 12:42 - Sep 9 with 935 viewsNookiejack

Congratulations to Her Majesty The Queen on 12:22 - Sep 9 by Lohengrin

It's a mark of respect for the Office of Monarch and Head of The Church. It is no different to the reasons why Guardsmen salute Generals or papists cross themselves in front of The Cross.

I suppose Head of the Church is an interesting one as well - to quote from Peter Tatchell

'No Catholic or person married to a Catholic can inherit the British throne. The monarch is automatically the Supreme Governor of the Church of England; making royal succession problematic for atheists, Muslims, Judaists, Hindus and Sikhs.

Although not racist by design or intent, the monarchy is racist by default. For the foreseeable future, a black Briton can never be our monarch and head of state. The position of king or queen is reserved for the all-white Windsor family and their descendants. Until a future royal first-in-line marries a non-white person, no Afro-Caribbean, African or Asian person can be the symbolic head of our nation.'
Congratulations to Her Majesty The Queen on 12:45 - Sep 9 with 928 viewsCountyJim

Congratulations to Her Majesty The Queen on 12:23 - Sep 9 by Nookiejack

To quote from Republican Peter Tatchell

'An unelected head of state, even a pleasant one like the Queen, is incompatible with democracy and modernity. Monarchy is based on inherited power, wealth and status - not on merit or democratic choice. Deference is enshrined. Equality and accountability are spurned in favour of privilege.

According to the elitist values of the monarchical system, the most stupid, immoral royal is, by virtue of the family into which they are born, more fit to be our head of state than the wisest, most ethical commoner.

These are not the values that I want to see as part of British identity.'

At least he puts his point over politely others on here could take a leaf out of his book

Most anti royalists come over with vile points of view how is that going to help your cause of getting the Royals out
Congratulations to Her Majesty The Queen on 13:04 - Sep 9 with 916 viewsPegojack

God Save the Queen

And Her Fascist Regime.

Just saying, like....
Congratulations to Her Majesty The Queen on 13:12 - Sep 9 with 907 viewsLohengrin

Congratulations to Her Majesty The Queen on 12:42 - Sep 9 by Nookiejack

I suppose Head of the Church is an interesting one as well - to quote from Peter Tatchell

'No Catholic or person married to a Catholic can inherit the British throne. The monarch is automatically the Supreme Governor of the Church of England; making royal succession problematic for atheists, Muslims, Judaists, Hindus and Sikhs.

Although not racist by design or intent, the monarchy is racist by default. For the foreseeable future, a black Briton can never be our monarch and head of state. The position of king or queen is reserved for the all-white Windsor family and their descendants. Until a future royal first-in-line marries a non-white person, no Afro-Caribbean, African or Asian person can be the symbolic head of our nation.'

See my earlier point about stability and continuity.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Congratulations to Her Majesty The Queen on 13:32 - Sep 9 with 889 viewsNookiejack

Congratulations to Her Majesty The Queen on 12:22 - Sep 9 by Lohengrin

It's a mark of respect for the Office of Monarch and Head of The Church. It is no different to the reasons why Guardsmen salute Generals or papists cross themselves in front of The Cross.

Yes I understand and agree with showing respect for a particular holder of an Office of Govt / Chain of Command in Military - with regards to their service for the Nation etc.

........however bowing down and curtseying before your lord and master - don't think these gestures show a mark of respect?

In my view they are from a bygone age - servile gestures re-enforcing the view of superiority and elitism. Subjects of some landed owner class.

Can't see they would be kept as a sign of respect - if monarchy in UK was ever abolished.
Congratulations to Her Majesty The Queen on 14:23 - Sep 9 with 865 viewsWarwickHunt

Congratulations to Her Majesty The Queen on 12:35 - Sep 9 by Lohengrin

It's just semantics, though. We could be called Citizens, Subjects or Mash Robots and it wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference to who we are or how we live out day-to-day lives. Not one iota.

I'd prefer mash robot on my passport to subject.

Doesn't all that cap doffing bugger up your quiff?
Congratulations to Her Majesty The Queen on 14:29 - Sep 9 with 859 viewsLohengrin

Congratulations to Her Majesty The Queen on 14:23 - Sep 9 by WarwickHunt

I'd prefer mash robot on my passport to subject.

Doesn't all that cap doffing bugger up your quiff?

Congratulations to Her Majesty The Queen on 15:41 - Sep 9 with 816 viewsDarran

GSTQ.

Login to get fewer ads

Congratulations to Her Majesty The Queen on 15:58 - Sep 9 with 803 viewsGroo

Much prefer a constitutional monarchy to a republic or god forbid a communist state.

Groo does what Groo does best

Congratulations to Her Majesty The Queen on 15:59 - Sep 9 with 803 viewsWarwickHunt

Congratulations to Her Majesty The Queen on 15:41 - Sep 9 by Darran

GSTQ.

FOYC.
Congratulations to Her Majesty The Queen on 16:08 - Sep 9 with 795 viewsDarran

Congratulations to Her Majesty The Queen on 15:59 - Sep 9 by WarwickHunt

FOYC.

FOYCY.

Congratulations to Her Majesty The Queen on 16:34 - Sep 9 with 777 viewsperchrockjack

Don't mind monarchy but not one based on deference like ours.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Congratulations to Her Majesty The Queen on 17:17 - Sep 9 with 760 viewsHighjack

Congratulations to Her Majesty The Queen on 11:26 - Sep 9 by DafyddHuw

Was that pic the one time in her life that she got her hands dirty (and didn't like it)?

Obviously not. She's slept with prince Phillip at least four times.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Congratulations to Her Majesty The Queen on 18:32 - Sep 9 with 729 viewsCountyJim

We are having an impromptu party tonight a few friends and family coming round and we have a cake
Congratulations to Her Majesty The Queen on 19:13 - Sep 9 with 713 viewsWarwickHunt

Congratulations to Her Majesty The Queen on 18:32 - Sep 9 by CountyJim

We are having an impromptu party tonight a few friends and family coming round and we have a cake

Qu’ils mangent de la brioche...
Congratulations to Her Majesty The Queen on 19:41 - Sep 9 with 680 viewslondonlisa2001

Congratulations to Her Majesty The Queen on 17:17 - Sep 9 by Highjack

Obviously not. She's slept with prince Phillip at least four times.

Three allegedly

In all seriousness, I am a republican, but I do admire the Queen.

If some of her relatives had a tenth of her work ethic I may be less keen to get rid of them all.

Happy to see her stay on for the duration, but that should be it.
Congratulations to Her Majesty The Queen on 19:45 - Sep 9 with 677 viewslondonlisa2001

Congratulations to Her Majesty The Queen on 12:42 - Sep 9 by Nookiejack

I thought they got rid of the Catholic bit when they changed the law about succession last year or whenever it was?

I think little George will be able to marry a Catholic and still become King, which is just lovely for us all.

By the time he gets married hopefully they will have stopped dressing him up like a little Victorian girl and kitted him out with proper clothes from the Gap like everyone else.
Congratulations to Her Majesty The Queen on 19:50 - Sep 9 with 671 viewsexiledclaseboy

Congratulations to Her Majesty The Queen on 19:45 - Sep 9 by londonlisa2001

I thought they got rid of the Catholic bit when they changed the law about succession last year or whenever it was?

I think little George will be able to marry a Catholic and still become King, which is just lovely for us all.

By the time he gets married hopefully they will have stopped dressing him up like a little Victorian girl and kitted him out with proper clothes from the Gap like everyone else.

It's now possible for the monarch to marry a catholic without relinquishing his or her right to the throne. But it's still not possible for a catholic to become monarch. So if George marries a catholic girl and their first born elects to follow his or her mother's branch of Christianity, they're out.

Poll: Tory leader

Congratulations to Her Majesty The Queen on 19:52 - Sep 9 with 665 viewsLohengrin

Congratulations to Her Majesty The Queen on 19:50 - Sep 9 by exiledclaseboy

It's now possible for the monarch to marry a catholic without relinquishing his or her right to the throne. But it's still not possible for a catholic to become monarch. So if George marries a catholic girl and their first born elects to follow his or her mother's branch of Christianity, they're out.

Quite right too!

Congratulations to Her Majesty The Queen on 19:54 - Sep 9 with 662 viewsexiledclaseboy

Congratulations to Her Majesty The Queen on 19:52 - Sep 9 by Lohengrin

Quite right too!

Well to be fair, being Catholic is entirely incompatible with the monarch's position as head of the Church of England and Defender of the Faith. Unless the church is disestablished of course...

Congratulations to Her Majesty The Queen on 19:56 - Sep 9 with 657 viewslondonlisa2001

Congratulations to Her Majesty The Queen on 19:50 - Sep 9 by exiledclaseboy

I should blooming well think not - after all that happened in Wolf Hall, it would be a travesty
Congratulations to Her Majesty The Queen on 19:58 - Sep 9 with 654 viewsLohengrin

Congratulations to Her Majesty The Queen on 19:54 - Sep 9 by exiledclaseboy

Well to be fair, being Catholic is entirely incompatible with the monarch's position as head of the Church of England and Defender of the Faith. Unless the church is disestablished of course...

The Anglican Church IS Catholic, Clase. Catholic but not papist.

Congratulations to Her Majesty The Queen on 19:58 - Sep 9 with 654 viewsexiledclaseboy

Congratulations to Her Majesty The Queen on 19:56 - Sep 9 by londonlisa2001

I should blooming well think not - after all that happened in Wolf Hall, it would be a travesty

Ha. I watched a couple of episodes of that. I found it deathly boring.

Congratulations to Her Majesty The Queen on 20:01 - Sep 9 with 647 viewsLohengrin

Congratulations to Her Majesty The Queen on 19:58 - Sep 9 by exiledclaseboy

Ha. I watched a couple of episodes of that. I found it deathly boring.

Me too which is surprising. I normally make a bee-line for anything with Damian Lewis in it.

Congratulations to Her Majesty The Queen on 20:01 - Sep 9 with 645 viewsexiledclaseboy

Congratulations to Her Majesty The Queen on 19:58 - Sep 9 by Lohengrin

The Anglican Church IS Catholic, Clase. Catholic but not papist.

Ah you know what I meant. Pedanticism doesn't become you. That's my job.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024