Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread 06:22 - Sep 17 with 81852 viewsSwansNZ

Will anyone beat the All Blacks? NO
Will Wales get out of the group? YES
Does anyone care? Quite a few.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2015 19:54]

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 07:28 - Oct 26 with 1844 viewsJackfath

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 07:08 - Oct 26 by sherpajacob

When an interception is unsuccessful. The criteria the ref uses to assess whether it should be just a scrum for knock on or a penalty and possibly a yellow card for a deliberate knock on is "did the player attempting the interception use one or two hands?"

Simmonds used only his right hand for the whole interception and sprint to the line.

Therefore it is perfectly possible to execute an interception successfully with one hand.

Indeed. He caught it though. So there's no issue. If he had knocked it on, it would have been a penalty to the Argies.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 17:33 - Oct 26 with 1784 viewsSwansNZ

Nigel Owens confirmed to ref the final - well done.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:56 - Oct 26 with 1751 viewssherpajacob

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 07:28 - Oct 26 by Jackfath

Indeed. He caught it though. So there's no issue. If he had knocked it on, it would have been a penalty to the Argies.

Why a penalty? A knock on should be a scrum.

A penalty should be for a deliberate knock on. It clearly would not have been deliberate.

That's my whole point, if it had been in his own 22 it would have been a penalty and a yellow card for a simple knock on, when in fact he had tried to catch it.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:58 - Oct 26 with 1745 viewssherpajacob

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 17:33 - Oct 26 by SwansNZ

Nigel Owens confirmed to ref the final - well done.

There was speculation before the semi finals he would get the final.

With new Zealand getting through its been confirmed that nigel will act as mccaws assistant.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:59 - Oct 26 with 1740 viewsNeath_Jack

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:56 - Oct 26 by sherpajacob

Why a penalty? A knock on should be a scrum.

A penalty should be for a deliberate knock on. It clearly would not have been deliberate.

That's my whole point, if it had been in his own 22 it would have been a penalty and a yellow card for a simple knock on, when in fact he had tried to catch it.

Aye that is a silly rule.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:08 - Oct 26 with 1732 viewsexiledclaseboy

I think BBC Wales might call a national day of celebration on account of young Nigel being the ref for the final.

Poll: Tory leader

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 10:24 - Oct 27 with 1691 viewsperchrockjack

Well I read his book on the beach and it was entertaining between swims and adult games .

He comes over well enough

Great official

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 12:07 - Oct 27 with 1682 viewsjack247

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:08 - Oct 26 by exiledclaseboy

I think BBC Wales might call a national day of celebration on account of young Nigel being the ref for the final.

Agreed. It's great for him, but shouldn't be seen as a national source of pride. Anyone missing the Arsenal game to watch him in the final?
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:38 - Oct 28 with 1619 viewsJackfath

Well that didn't end well.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/34662659

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 06:51 - Oct 29 with 1569 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:38 - Oct 28 by Jackfath

Well that didn't end well.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/34662659

Very few players make it to the top in both codes, which for most positions are totally different. Wingers and full backs would be the best chance of a player excelling in both games.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:19 - Oct 30 with 1547 viewsJackfath

Congratulations to AWJ on being on the shortlist for World PLayer of the Year. Tokenism though as there must be at least half a dozen southern hemisphere players ahead of him.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:05 - Oct 30 with 1526 viewslifelong

South Africa v The Argies ,the third place play off,just started on ITV.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 12:08 - Oct 31 with 1498 viewsJackfath

2015 Best Rugby World Cup ever?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/34663258

From me, it's a YES!

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 12:29 - Oct 31 with 1492 viewsNeath_Jack

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 12:08 - Oct 31 by Jackfath

2015 Best Rugby World Cup ever?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/34663258

From me, it's a YES!

Easily.

The best sporting tournament I've ever watched.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:55 - Oct 31 with 1460 viewsSwansNZ

Well done NZ, easily the best team in the world.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:07 - Oct 31 with 1446 viewsdickythorpe

As sean Fitzpatrick said these players make sacrifices to reach the top. Over here we always come up with excuses and see players go off the rails etc etc
I'm not calling the all blacks robots but in order for us to match them it would take a massive shift in lifestyle and focus.
I don't think some are able to do that. To switch off from any distractions, stop wanting to crave the limelight, and constantly want to improve.. Probably johnny Wilkinson is the only player who would be an example of dedication needed in the northern hemisphere.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024