Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) 09:09 - Oct 8 with 4063 viewsshandyjack

Poll: Expectation for the season

Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 09:14 - Oct 8 with 2547 viewsItchySphincter

Ian Craney or Tamas Prisken.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 09:21 - Oct 8 with 2539 viewsAndyNak

David Ngog
Kevin Amankwaah

And from what he's delivered vs what he's been paid so far... franck tabanou

Poll: Joe or Wilf? If you could only have one

Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 09:23 - Oct 8 with 2533 viewsshandyjack

£800,000 for Beattie
£300,000+ for Amankwah
Pawel Abbot

Poll: Expectation for the season

Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 10:22 - Oct 8 with 2493 viewsymaohyd

In my opinion, by a clear margin...Amankwah.

Considering we didn't have a great deal to spend, the board trusted Jackett and he pretty much blew a sizeable chunk of our budget.

That isn't to say that KJ didn't have plenty of success in the players he brought in, the present manager being an example.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 10:30 - Oct 8 with 2484 viewsVARDREJACK

Leroy Lita 1.75 million what a wast of money, followed by David Cotterill
Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 10:32 - Oct 8 with 2477 viewsChrisSCFC

Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 10:22 - Oct 8 by ymaohyd

In my opinion, by a clear margin...Amankwah.

Considering we didn't have a great deal to spend, the board trusted Jackett and he pretty much blew a sizeable chunk of our budget.

That isn't to say that KJ didn't have plenty of success in the players he brought in, the present manager being an example.

Yeah that guy. Joke of a player.
Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 10:35 - Oct 8 with 2474 viewshobo

Craig Beattie
Leroy Lita
Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 10:38 - Oct 8 with 2469 viewsJackSomething

Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 10:30 - Oct 8 by VARDREJACK

Leroy Lita 1.75 million what a wast of money, followed by David Cotterill

Nearly every player mentioned so far as least filled a shirt for a few games. A couple of them did some decent things now and again, even scoring a few goals.

I give you José Moreira. Signed for close to £1m after promotion, he made one senior appearance, in the horrific 1-3 loss against Shrewsbury in the League Cup. He was so bad he was supplanted in the squad by a keeper who was a walk-on during the preseason tour. He collected his wages for the season and had his contract terminated in May 2012, which presumably cost us more money again. Ouch.

Edit: Didnt't mean to quote VARDREJACK, apologies.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2015 10:40]

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Login to get fewer ads

Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 11:01 - Oct 8 with 2432 viewsChief

Trio signed by Souza - Beattie (unlucky with injuries), Cotterill (those penalty misses really messed his head up) and Jordi Lopez (extortionate wages and a terrible player)

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 11:02 - Oct 8 with 2431 viewsDyfnant

We wouldn't have had promotion with Beattie

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 11:07 - Oct 8 with 2427 viewsChief

Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 11:02 - Oct 8 by Dyfnant

We wouldn't have had promotion with Beattie

A bold claim.

Are you mixing him up with Dobbie?

Only remember him scoring the winner in that comeback win at Boro and a screamer at Ipswich? But they were season before we went up?
[Post edited 8 Oct 2015 11:17]

Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 11:27 - Oct 8 with 2406 viewsPapaLazarou

Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 11:07 - Oct 8 by Chief

A bold claim.

Are you mixing him up with Dobbie?

Only remember him scoring the winner in that comeback win at Boro and a screamer at Ipswich? But they were season before we went up?
[Post edited 8 Oct 2015 11:17]

Nah they were the season we got promoted. Vital winners in both games.

Amankwaah has to rate as one of the biggest wastes of money. Especially because we already had Tate playing right back, who I believe had won POTY the season before.
Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 11:31 - Oct 8 with 2403 viewsjasper_T

David N'Gog got paid a bundle for 3 or 4 months of "work"
Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 11:50 - Oct 8 with 2390 viewsAquinas

Obeng. 200k and never played a game.
Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 11:56 - Oct 8 with 2378 viewscontroversial_jack

Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 11:50 - Oct 8 by Aquinas

Obeng. 200k and never played a game.

Steve Watkin. Not sure what we paid , but what a disappointment!
Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 12:16 - Oct 8 with 2361 viewsSWANZF4N

£108K
Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 12:32 - Oct 8 with 2341 viewsDr_Winston

Josh McEachran. £1.7m loan fee.

Think we can end things there.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 12:40 - Oct 8 with 2318 viewsDyfnant

Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 12:32 - Oct 8 by Dr_Winston

You may be correct even without the 'm'

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 13:03 - Oct 8 with 2291 viewsChief

Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 11:27 - Oct 8 by PapaLazarou

Nah they were the season we got promoted. Vital winners in both games.

Amankwaah has to rate as one of the biggest wastes of money. Especially because we already had Tate playing right back, who I believe had won POTY the season before.

Yea you quite right. I stand corrected

Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 13:12 - Oct 8 with 2274 viewsjack247

Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 10:38 - Oct 8 by JackSomething

Nearly every player mentioned so far as least filled a shirt for a few games. A couple of them did some decent things now and again, even scoring a few goals.

I give you José Moreira. Signed for close to £1m after promotion, he made one senior appearance, in the horrific 1-3 loss against Shrewsbury in the League Cup. He was so bad he was supplanted in the squad by a keeper who was a walk-on during the preseason tour. He collected his wages for the season and had his contract terminated in May 2012, which presumably cost us more money again. Ouch.

Edit: Didnt't mean to quote VARDREJACK, apologies.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2015 10:40]

Nearly £1m for Jose Moreira? That can't be right surely?
Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 13:13 - Oct 8 with 2271 viewsDevz00

Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 12:32 - Oct 8 by Dr_Winston

Yep, a huge let-down. I was quite excited when we signed him.

Still, in term of the amount of money we've had from Premier League football, £1.7m isn't a great loss.

I'd go back to when we paid 20k for Tommy Mutton or 30k for Newhouse when we didn't have money.

I remember the day we signed Rory Fallon and being gobsmacked that we spent nearly 500k on him. Had a load of abuse but worked out to be a decent signing in the end.

£2m for Lita is probably the worse one of recent times for me.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 15:06 - Oct 8 with 2201 viewsSWANZF4N

Shaun Garnett £200K!
Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 17:56 - Oct 8 with 2122 viewsDr_Winston

Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 13:13 - Oct 8 by Devz00

Yep, a huge let-down. I was quite excited when we signed him.

Still, in term of the amount of money we've had from Premier League football, £1.7m isn't a great loss.

I'd go back to when we paid 20k for Tommy Mutton or 30k for Newhouse when we didn't have money.

I remember the day we signed Rory Fallon and being gobsmacked that we spent nearly 500k on him. Had a load of abuse but worked out to be a decent signing in the end.

£2m for Lita is probably the worse one of recent times for me.

If £1.7m is no great loss for McEachran then £2m is the same for Lita, and at least we got some goals out of him.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 19:26 - Oct 8 with 2051 viewsKilkennyjack

Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 15:06 - Oct 8 by SWANZF4N

Shaun Garnett £200K!

Yep - but didn't we somehow get all the money back when we sold him shortly after he arrived ?

Beware of the Risen People

Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 19:40 - Oct 8 with 2030 viewsdickythorpe

Pablo Hernandez £5.5 million!!!!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024