Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? 22:27 - Oct 8 with 5532 viewslifelong

Found out today that I am...... Bastards.
Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 16:07 - Oct 11 with 814 viewsperchrockjack

I d rather Andrew.

He s a bit too feisty for me; he even has a go at you ,Bryn and the ump.

He s either brave or stupid

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 16:09 - Oct 11 with 809 viewsexiledclaseboy

Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 16:07 - Oct 11 by perchrockjack

I d rather Andrew.

He s a bit too feisty for me; he even has a go at you ,Bryn and the ump.

He s either brave or stupid

Stupidity breeds bravery. He's the bravest person on here on that criteria.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2015 16:09]

Poll: Tory leader

Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 16:10 - Oct 11 with 804 viewsexiledclaseboy

Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 16:07 - Oct 11 by dgt73

So is it the cheaper car tax or the low emissions - that would be the biggest concern to the vast majority of motorists ?

The cheaper tax which you can only get by buying a lower emissions car.

Poll: Tory leader

Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 16:11 - Oct 11 with 802 viewsperchrockjack

Well he entertains me. Ive no idea if he s bonkers or playing the tw@t like I can .

Anyway, Im seriously on a yellow card myself from LADY perch after sulking all evening after that Wales (rugby) game. I slept in the guest room seriously as I was livid.

Anyway, France on soon and I like the French as you know so fou le camp to all

Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 16:19 - Oct 11 with 791 viewsdgt73

Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 16:10 - Oct 11 by exiledclaseboy

The cheaper tax which you can only get by buying a lower emissions car.

Yes we know that lol, but lowering their carbon footprint is not at the forefront of most peoples thinking and more a case it'll save me a few £££££.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 17:15 - Oct 11 with 766 viewslondonlisa2001

Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 16:19 - Oct 11 by dgt73

Yes we know that lol, but lowering their carbon footprint is not at the forefront of most peoples thinking and more a case it'll save me a few £££££.

I'm astonished to be frank that your almost zealous concern about the effects of second and third hand smoke on people's lungs, doesn't extend to concern over diesel emissions which, according to the World Health Organisation, have been categorically proven to cause lung cancer !

It's almost as though you're making it up as you go along.
Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 17:45 - Oct 11 with 747 viewsItchySphincter

Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 17:15 - Oct 11 by londonlisa2001

I'm astonished to be frank that your almost zealous concern about the effects of second and third hand smoke on people's lungs, doesn't extend to concern over diesel emissions which, according to the World Health Organisation, have been categorically proven to cause lung cancer !

He's just an argumentative little twerp. He's right in this case that people only give a sh!t because of the lower tax but unfortunately for him it's irrelevant - people do care about emissions, regardless of the reason.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 17:49 - Oct 11 with 741 viewsperchrockjack

We be all got diesels.

We re told to use buses ...which are diesel.

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 17:54 - Oct 11 with 731 viewslondonlisa2001

Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 17:45 - Oct 11 by ItchySphincter

He's just an argumentative little twerp. He's right in this case that people only give a sh!t because of the lower tax but unfortunately for him it's irrelevant - people do care about emissions, regardless of the reason.

Of course they do - a load up here buy cars because they're exempt from congestion charging.

I swapped cars largely because the car I had, which I really liked, did 24 (ish)mpg and I decided that I wasn't prepared to pay for the petrol anymore.

But as you say, irrespective of why people care, to say that they don't when so many now buy cars according to those criteria is nonsense.
Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 17:56 - Oct 11 with 726 viewsjackpot

This isn't the first time the Germans have been sneaky about Gas Emissions.
Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 17:56 - Oct 11 with 726 viewslondonlisa2001

Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 17:49 - Oct 11 by perchrockjack

We be all got diesels.

We re told to use buses ...which are diesel.

A lot of the buses in London are now hybrids. Isn't that the same everywhere?
Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 17:59 - Oct 11 with 723 viewsdgt73

Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 17:15 - Oct 11 by londonlisa2001

Well you would be wouldn't you. Unfortunately the price of being where we are today in terms of human development & evelotion has resulted in humans being exposed to less than desirable quality of air - but where would we be today without the combustible engine ? And where would we be without smoking ?.

Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 18:01 - Oct 11 with 721 viewslifelong

Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 17:54 - Oct 11 by londonlisa2001

Of course they do - a load up here buy cars because they're exempt from congestion charging.

I swapped cars largely because the car I had, which I really liked, did 24 (ish)mpg and I decided that I wasn't prepared to pay for the petrol anymore.

But as you say, irrespective of why people care, to say that they don't when so many now buy cars according to those criteria is nonsense.

Another aspect of this situation is the resale value of the vehicles involved, I've had a number of VW's over the years and one of the reasons I have is because of their resale value.
Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 18:05 - Oct 11 with 713 viewslondonlisa2001

Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 17:59 - Oct 11 by dgt73

Well you would be wouldn't you. Unfortunately the price of being where we are today in terms of human development & evelotion has resulted in humans being exposed to less than desirable quality of air - but where would we be today without the combustible engine ? And where would we be without smoking ?.

I didn't say that we should ban the engine or the diesel car, I said that I was surprised that you didn't care about emissions given your worry about lungs. You'd imagine that you would care very deeply about emission levels of different cars. But you don't - you said so.
Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 18:06 - Oct 11 with 711 viewslondonlisa2001

Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 18:01 - Oct 11 by lifelong

Another aspect of this situation is the resale value of the vehicles involved, I've had a number of VW's over the years and one of the reasons I have is because of their resale value.

I agree. German cars in general tend to hold their value far better than others.
Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 18:08 - Oct 11 with 705 viewsdgt73

Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 18:06 - Oct 11 by londonlisa2001

I agree. German cars in general tend to hold their value far better than others.

Northern European - that's why.

Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 18:09 - Oct 11 with 700 viewslondonlisa2001

Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 18:08 - Oct 11 by dgt73

Northern European - that's why.

Couldn't get much more Northern than Sweden, and their cars don't hold values very well.
Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 18:11 - Oct 11 with 697 viewsItchySphincter

Glad I haven't got a combustible engine, mine already smokes too much.

Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 18:17 - Oct 11 with 684 viewsdgt73

Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 18:05 - Oct 11 by londonlisa2001

I didn't say that we should ban the engine or the diesel car, I said that I was surprised that you didn't care about emissions given your worry about lungs. You'd imagine that you would care very deeply about emission levels of different cars. But you don't - you said so.

No I'm not the air where i live is as clean as you'd possibly get in the Uk. I'm not stupid enough to live in a big city. I'm also a realist - in the fact that modern progression means, there'll be negatives, that's the pice we pay, unfortunately. As for smoking it doesn't advance the human race in anyway, only adds to the profits of tobacco companies and pharmaceutical companies.

Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 18:24 - Oct 11 with 672 viewslondonlisa2001

Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 18:17 - Oct 11 by dgt73

No I'm not the air where i live is as clean as you'd possibly get in the Uk. I'm not stupid enough to live in a big city. I'm also a realist - in the fact that modern progression means, there'll be negatives, that's the pice we pay, unfortunately. As for smoking it doesn't advance the human race in anyway, only adds to the profits of tobacco companies and pharmaceutical companies.

Oh right. So you actually only care about these things when they directly affect you. So because you don't smoke, that should be banned from absolutely everywhere, but because you can't be bothered to check different cars' emissions against one another, or checking emissions may stop you buying the car you want, then that doesn't matter?

Thought that was probably the case.
Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 18:42 - Oct 11 with 652 viewsdgt73

Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 18:24 - Oct 11 by londonlisa2001

Oh right. So you actually only care about these things when they directly affect you. So because you don't smoke, that should be banned from absolutely everywhere, but because you can't be bothered to check different cars' emissions against one another, or checking emissions may stop you buying the car you want, then that doesn't matter?

Thought that was probably the case.

Have i said smoking affects me ? No, because it doesn't and no I don't check emission levels on a car i buy - just like the vast majority of people. As I've said there's a price to be paid for human development, what is the alternative - let's go back to living in caves. So because I don't check the emission levels on a car i buy, that means I shouldn't have the right to have an opinion on smoking. What is your opinion on emission levels ?.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2015 18:44]

Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 18:45 - Oct 11 with 646 viewsItchySphincter

Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 18:17 - Oct 11 by dgt73

I doubt the air just north of Newport is much cleaner than anywhere else just off the trunk route to the Midlands.

Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 18:46 - Oct 11 with 644 viewsdgt73

Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 18:45 - Oct 11 by ItchySphincter

I doubt the air just north of Newport is much cleaner than anywhere else just off the trunk route to the Midlands.

It is

Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 18:52 - Oct 11 with 633 viewsdgt73

Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 18:45 - Oct 11 by ItchySphincter

And for anyone thinking of moving to London - almost 9500 people each year die from the pollutants in the air.

Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 20:07 - Oct 11 with 608 viewslondonlisa2001

Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 18:42 - Oct 11 by dgt73

Have i said smoking affects me ? No, because it doesn't and no I don't check emission levels on a car i buy - just like the vast majority of people. As I've said there's a price to be paid for human development, what is the alternative - let's go back to living in caves. So because I don't check the emission levels on a car i buy, that means I shouldn't have the right to have an opinion on smoking. What is your opinion on emission levels ?.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2015 18:44]

I don't understand why buying a car with lower emission levels sends us back to living in caves?

If anything, the cars with lower emissions are more advanced, not less. So your argument is spurious. I haven't said you shouldn't drive, just that if you are so bothered about lung health you should choose a car with lower emissions which you have said that you don't do. You should actually never choose a diesel, but a petrol car - and those don't involve going 'backwards' either.

On emission levels, I personally would like to see emission levels lower and them clean up diesel cars, as I think they are unhealthy, but I'm not ever going to force that choice on anyone else - it is one of those things. Same as with smoking - I don't smoke, but I don't want to stop anyone else doing so. I don't have smoking in my house, but then I didn't smoke in my house when I smoked myself.

There are many many things which cause us to all have health that isn't quite as good as it could be, but I find it ironic that people will drive about in some gas guzzling diesel car, moaning about the health effects of walking past people smoking outside. It's just nonsense. A recent review said that walking through Oxford was like smoking 60 a day, so what on earth is the point of moaning about the odd bit of second hand smoke?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024