Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? 22:27 - Oct 8 with 5533 viewslifelong

Found out today that I am...... Bastards.
Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 20:17 - Oct 11 with 892 viewslondonlisa2001

Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 18:52 - Oct 11 by dgt73

And for anyone thinking of moving to London - almost 9500 people each year die from the pollutants in the air.

Yes - caused by diesel fumes.
Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 20:22 - Oct 11 with 888 viewsdgt73

Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 20:07 - Oct 11 by londonlisa2001

I don't understand why buying a car with lower emission levels sends us back to living in caves?

If anything, the cars with lower emissions are more advanced, not less. So your argument is spurious. I haven't said you shouldn't drive, just that if you are so bothered about lung health you should choose a car with lower emissions which you have said that you don't do. You should actually never choose a diesel, but a petrol car - and those don't involve going 'backwards' either.

On emission levels, I personally would like to see emission levels lower and them clean up diesel cars, as I think they are unhealthy, but I'm not ever going to force that choice on anyone else - it is one of those things. Same as with smoking - I don't smoke, but I don't want to stop anyone else doing so. I don't have smoking in my house, but then I didn't smoke in my house when I smoked myself.

There are many many things which cause us to all have health that isn't quite as good as it could be, but I find it ironic that people will drive about in some gas guzzling diesel car, moaning about the health effects of walking past people smoking outside. It's just nonsense. A recent review said that walking through Oxford was like smoking 60 a day, so what on earth is the point of moaning about the odd bit of second hand smoke?

Well i drive a new car and have just checked the emission levels and you'll glad to hear they are low. I also bought a pair of Armani jeans when i was in bristol yesterday morning - they were made in Italy, so by doing so I've increased my carbon footprint - does that mean I shouldn't be able to have an opinion on smoking. Also if you are not concerned by a bit of second hand smoke, why don't you allow smoking in your house ?. Two wrongs don't make a right and if oxford st is polluted , or obesity is a problem or any other issue for that matter, it doesn't take away the fact that it's in everyone's interest to see smoking decrease.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 20:24 - Oct 11 with 884 viewslifelong

Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 20:07 - Oct 11 by londonlisa2001

I don't understand why buying a car with lower emission levels sends us back to living in caves?

If anything, the cars with lower emissions are more advanced, not less. So your argument is spurious. I haven't said you shouldn't drive, just that if you are so bothered about lung health you should choose a car with lower emissions which you have said that you don't do. You should actually never choose a diesel, but a petrol car - and those don't involve going 'backwards' either.

On emission levels, I personally would like to see emission levels lower and them clean up diesel cars, as I think they are unhealthy, but I'm not ever going to force that choice on anyone else - it is one of those things. Same as with smoking - I don't smoke, but I don't want to stop anyone else doing so. I don't have smoking in my house, but then I didn't smoke in my house when I smoked myself.

There are many many things which cause us to all have health that isn't quite as good as it could be, but I find it ironic that people will drive about in some gas guzzling diesel car, moaning about the health effects of walking past people smoking outside. It's just nonsense. A recent review said that walking through Oxford was like smoking 60 a day, so what on earth is the point of moaning about the odd bit of second hand smoke?

I have to say that it is news to me regarding the emissions from diesel vehicles having a similar cancerous effect to smoking,having just researched it on the web the results are shocking.
Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 20:28 - Oct 11 with 872 viewsdickythorpe

If walking through Oxford is like smoking 60 a day then surely walking through Port Talbot/ Baglan is like Chernobyl!!!!
Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 20:30 - Oct 11 with 867 viewsJackfath

Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 20:28 - Oct 11 by dickythorpe

If walking through Oxford is like smoking 60 a day then surely walking through Port Talbot/ Baglan is like Chernobyl!!!!

It is judging by the state on some of the locals.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 20:37 - Oct 11 with 828 viewslondonlisa2001

Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 20:22 - Oct 11 by dgt73

Well i drive a new car and have just checked the emission levels and you'll glad to hear they are low. I also bought a pair of Armani jeans when i was in bristol yesterday morning - they were made in Italy, so by doing so I've increased my carbon footprint - does that mean I shouldn't be able to have an opinion on smoking. Also if you are not concerned by a bit of second hand smoke, why don't you allow smoking in your house ?. Two wrongs don't make a right and if oxford st is polluted , or obesity is a problem or any other issue for that matter, it doesn't take away the fact that it's in everyone's interest to see smoking decrease.

I don't like smoking in my house because I don't particularly like the smell of stale smoke on the sofas / curtains / carpets etc.

If it's p***ng down, then I have had friends smoking in the kitchen as there are wooden floors and no curtains. I'm also happy to stand in the garden with them if they are smoking - it doesn't bother me.

Not Oxford Street by the way - Oxford. And I have never said it's not in people's interests not to smoke - I just think adults can make their own decisions, and I also think that there is complete nonsense about smoking when there are so many other pollutants.

By the way - you'll be lucky if your Armani jeans were made anywhere other than China where they manufacture everything from Emporio, Armani Jeans, A/X etc these days. They only now make Giorgio Armani black and white labels in Italy, and they don't make many jeans.
Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 20:43 - Oct 11 with 812 viewslondonlisa2001

Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 20:24 - Oct 11 by lifelong

I have to say that it is news to me regarding the emissions from diesel vehicles having a similar cancerous effect to smoking,having just researched it on the web the results are shocking.

The first time I saw something about the effects was last year when we had a particularly awful few days here where you genuinely could hardly breathe because of the pollution. I can't quite remember why it happened, but it made your throat quite sore etc.

So I read a bit about it and saw the stuff on diesel at the same time.

To be honest, it just made me think that I may as well start smoking again, although I've resisted the temptation so far.
Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 20:45 - Oct 11 with 804 viewslondonlisa2001

Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 20:28 - Oct 11 by dickythorpe

Something to do with the very narrow streets, relatively high buildings and number of cars I imagine causes a perfect storm. Bath is supposed to be terrible as well.
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 20:47 - Oct 11 with 800 viewswaynekerr55

Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 20:30 - Oct 11 by Jackfath

It is judging by the state on some of the locals.

That's a bit HARSH

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 20:47 - Oct 11 with 798 viewsJackfath

Cars should have long exhausts which extend to the tops of the local housing. A bit like a snorkel that way the harmful poisons would be out of our way and we'd all be fine.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 20:51 - Oct 11 with 793 viewsdgt73

Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 20:43 - Oct 11 by londonlisa2001

The first time I saw something about the effects was last year when we had a particularly awful few days here where you genuinely could hardly breathe because of the pollution. I can't quite remember why it happened, but it made your throat quite sore etc.

To be honest, it just made me think that I may as well start smoking again, although I've resisted the temptation so far.

You may as well start smoking again - probably improve your lungs - well can't make things worse than living in London with all that pollution.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 20:54 - Oct 11 with 788 viewslifelong

Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 20:43 - Oct 11 by londonlisa2001

I have been anti smoking since the 1970's for family reasons, to think I have been driving around in a vehicle which is causing possibly three times the amount of emissions that the manufacturer says it is, just makes me feel angry.
Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 21:01 - Oct 11 with 783 viewslondonlisa2001

Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 20:54 - Oct 11 by lifelong

I have been anti smoking since the 1970's for family reasons, to think I have been driving around in a vehicle which is causing possibly three times the amount of emissions that the manufacturer says it is, just makes me feel angry.

Yes - I can understand that.

The dangers of diesel are kept very very quiet. I always knew it wasn't great, but I was shocked at the reality.
Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 21:03 - Oct 11 with 780 viewslondonlisa2001

Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 20:51 - Oct 11 by dgt73

You may as well start smoking again - probably improve your lungs - well can't make things worse than living in London with all that pollution.

I wouldn't necessarily live here out of choice. Sometimes we do what we need to do.
Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 21:47 - Oct 11 with 750 viewsLeonisGod

Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 23:31 - Oct 8 by Highjack

Does anybody actually give a shi te if their car emits a tiny bit more fumes than it's meant to?

They shouldn't do. For those that have been "victims" (really?), they've got exactly the same car today as they had yesterday. Logically, there's no reason to feel any different about it.
Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 21:52 - Oct 11 with 742 viewslifelong

Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 21:47 - Oct 11 by LeonisGod

They shouldn't do. For those that have been "victims" (really?), they've got exactly the same car today as they had yesterday. Logically, there's no reason to feel any different about it.

The car they thought they had yesterday is not the same car they have today, that's the whole point...really.
Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 21:54 - Oct 11 with 740 viewswaynekerr55

Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 20:47 - Oct 11 by Jackfath

Cars should have long exhausts which extend to the tops of the local housing. A bit like a snorkel that way the harmful poisons would be out of our way and we'd all be fine.

But the increased n DRAG would increase emissions.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 22:23 - Oct 11 with 719 viewsItchySphincter

Anyone else a victim of the VW emissions scandal? on 18:52 - Oct 11 by dgt73

And for anyone thinking of moving to London - almost 9500 people each year die from the pollutants in the air.

A lot of people live there.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024