Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Legalisng Cannabis 15:56 - Oct 12 with 10867 viewsDarran

Discuss.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/oct/12/lib-dems-panel-cannabis-pot

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Legalisng Cannabis on 16:32 - Oct 12 with 2552 viewsHidden_Hand

Well you started the thread, why don't you start the discussion and post your views?
Legalisng Cannabis on 16:41 - Oct 12 with 2540 viewsWarwickHunt

Uhh - what was the question again?
Legalisng Cannabis on 17:19 - Oct 12 with 2509 viewscimlajack

Why not ? It's not as if we would be the first country in the western world to do it .
Regulated,licensed shops would do the trick, tax and vat revenues straight into N.H.S.
I am well versed in the arguments for not legalising and am simply unimpressed,it beggars belief that we lack the will to find a workable solution to cannabis abuse.
I am unaware of any country/state repealing laws brought in to decrimalise cannabis,,it's the way forward.
Legalisng Cannabis on 17:37 - Oct 12 with 2489 viewsTummer_from_Texas

It's worked out great so far for Colorado and Washington in terms of tax revenue.

Even in Texas - obviously one of the most conservative states in the USA - over half the population supports it.

It would have been crazy to think this even a couple of years ago, but I think most of the USA (including even perhaps Texas) will legalize it over the next 10 years.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Legalisng Cannabis on 17:43 - Oct 12 with 2479 viewsRancid

I still don't know what the cons are.It leads on to heavier drugs apparently.Well it didn't me or any of my mates who liked a toot, so on a personal level I believe that to be bullshit.
Legalisng Cannabis on 17:47 - Oct 12 with 2469 viewsThursday

Legalisng Cannabis on 17:43 - Oct 12 by Rancid

I still don't know what the cons are.It leads on to heavier drugs apparently.Well it didn't me or any of my mates who liked a toot, so on a personal level I believe that to be bullshit.

If definitively doesn't lead to heavier drug use. I've hung out at dispensaries and still can't find any bugger to sell me crack.
Legalisng Cannabis on 17:50 - Oct 12 with 2462 viewsdailew

War on drugs is madness. Legalise the lot.

Pity there aren't more politicians like this. A great man.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Legalisng Cannabis on 17:51 - Oct 12 with 2457 viewsDarran

Legalisng Cannabis on 17:43 - Oct 12 by Rancid

Exactly I smoked a few back in the day and I'm alright.

Login to get fewer ads

Legalisng Cannabis on 17:57 - Oct 12 with 2447 viewslifelong

What age should we make this dangerous drug legal for our young people to use then?
Legalisng Cannabis on 17:58 - Oct 12 with 2441 viewsexiledclaseboy

Legalisng Cannabis on 17:57 - Oct 12 by lifelong

What age should we make this dangerous drug legal for our young people to use then?

18 would be my choice. It's the age where we consider people to be adults abs able to make their own choices.

Poll: Tory leader

Legalisng Cannabis on 17:58 - Oct 12 with 2441 viewsThursday

[Post edited 12 Oct 2015 17:59]
Legalisng Cannabis on 18:01 - Oct 12 with 2427 viewsdailew

Same as the much more dangerous drug alcohol.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Legalisng Cannabis on 18:02 - Oct 12 with 2426 viewsFlashberryjack

Legalisng Cannabis on 17:51 - Oct 12 by Darran

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Legalisng Cannabis on 18:05 - Oct 12 with 2408 viewsGowerjack

Me too Pross the only thing is todays Skunk is considerably stronger than the red leb or squashy black you and I used to enjoy....

Much much stronger.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Legalisng Cannabis on 18:07 - Oct 12 with 2404 viewslifelong

Legalisng Cannabis on 18:01 - Oct 12 by dailew

Same as the much more dangerous drug alcohol.

Yes, but that's a different argument, there is now evidence available that regular cannabis use in young people leads to serious mental health problems in later life.

In that case I am totally against legalising it.
Legalisng Cannabis on 18:10 - Oct 12 with 2399 viewsacejack3065

Legalise it and put the tax revenue raised to good use. Colorado and Washington are making a tonne in taxing and regulating a drug that people enjoy but doesn't kill you.

What about the children?
When I was younger than 18 it was easier to get weed than it was to get booze so hopefully the same would be said if weed was legalised.

But It's so much stronger these days.
Well yes it is and that's exactly because of it being illegal. Much like when alcohol was illegal in the states back in the 20s you couldn't guarantee what you were drinking. Imagine ordering a drink at a bar and you could be served anything from a tesco value tinnie, double Jack and Coke, paint stripper or everything in between.

It's a gateway drug.
Well only in the sense that drug dealers selling weed often sell other harder drugs and they aren't picky who they sell to. There isn't any chemical property that compels someone who smokes dope to seek harder substances. Just because someone smokes a joint doesn't mean they will then go on to try heroin or cocaine. By that logic alcohol and tobacco more likely to be gateway drugs.

You only have to look at the legal high market to understand how much damage can be done by not legalising and regulating a drug like cannabis. Spice is a cannabis substitute that can be 100 times more potent and it poses a serious health risk to smokers. This market only exists because of the prohibition of cannabis and it highlights it's obsurdity.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-32827840

And no I don't smoke weed. I prefer a pint of real ale.
Legalisng Cannabis on 18:12 - Oct 12 with 2393 viewsGowerjack

Legalisng Cannabis on 18:10 - Oct 12 by acejack3065

Legalise it and put the tax revenue raised to good use. Colorado and Washington are making a tonne in taxing and regulating a drug that people enjoy but doesn't kill you.

What about the children?
When I was younger than 18 it was easier to get weed than it was to get booze so hopefully the same would be said if weed was legalised.

But It's so much stronger these days.
Well yes it is and that's exactly because of it being illegal. Much like when alcohol was illegal in the states back in the 20s you couldn't guarantee what you were drinking. Imagine ordering a drink at a bar and you could be served anything from a tesco value tinnie, double Jack and Coke, paint stripper or everything in between.

It's a gateway drug.
Well only in the sense that drug dealers selling weed often sell other harder drugs and they aren't picky who they sell to. There isn't any chemical property that compels someone who smokes dope to seek harder substances. Just because someone smokes a joint doesn't mean they will then go on to try heroin or cocaine. By that logic alcohol and tobacco more likely to be gateway drugs.

You only have to look at the legal high market to understand how much damage can be done by not legalising and regulating a drug like cannabis. Spice is a cannabis substitute that can be 100 times more potent and it poses a serious health risk to smokers. This market only exists because of the prohibition of cannabis and it highlights it's obsurdity.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-32827840

And no I don't smoke weed. I prefer a pint of real ale.

All good points well made.

Plastic since 1974

Legalisng Cannabis on 18:13 - Oct 12 with 2391 viewsacejack3065

Legalisng Cannabis on 18:07 - Oct 12 by lifelong

Yes, but that's a different argument, there is now evidence available that regular cannabis use in young people leads to serious mental health problems in later life.

What about the much more serious health risks posed by regular alcohol and tobacco consumption?

We allow people to make grown up decisions and tax them for the privelidge in a free society.
Legalisng Cannabis on 18:13 - Oct 12 with 2390 viewsDarran

Legalisng Cannabis on 18:02 - Oct 12 by Flashberryjack

lol

Legalisng Cannabis on 18:14 - Oct 12 with 2385 viewsperchrockjack

I don't think it should

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Legalisng Cannabis on 18:15 - Oct 12 with 2382 viewsGowerjack

Legalisng Cannabis on 18:14 - Oct 12 by perchrockjack

I don't think it should

Care to tell us why?

You must have lots of personal experience from your old job.

Plastic since 1974

Legalisng Cannabis on 18:16 - Oct 12 with 2381 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I tend to be against legalisation but not to do so for medical use only is daft. Cannabis is illegal in Canada but legal with a government issued licence for medical use. There are also government licenced farms producing it for medical use.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Legalisng Cannabis on 18:19 - Oct 12 with 2372 viewslifelong

Legalisng Cannabis on 18:13 - Oct 12 by acejack3065

What about the much more serious health risks posed by regular alcohol and tobacco consumption?

We allow people to make grown up decisions and tax them for the privelidge in a free society.

Yes, there are arguments for banning those substances, it doesn't make things any better by throwing another dangerous substance into the mix.
Legalisng Cannabis on 18:20 - Oct 12 with 2368 viewsDarran

Legalisng Cannabis on 18:07 - Oct 12 by lifelong

It's safer than s diesel car.

Legalisng Cannabis on 18:24 - Oct 12 with 2354 viewscontroversial_jack

That's a matter of opinion.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024