Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? 15:12 - Oct 23 with 11815 viewsWxmJax

Why do so many cyclists take to the road wearing black ? The ordinary cyclists are bad enough but those that have all the gear and the expensive bikes I just don't understand. Why don't they wear something that's high viz ? Roads are dangerous enough without making yourself more difficult to be seen.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 00:08 - Oct 24 with 1585 viewsBatterseajack

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 23:35 - Oct 23 by Darran

I agree with you Matthew I do a lot of driving and the cycling problem is getting worse.

People making journeys under 5 miles by car are the problem, clogging up the roads with their laziness. Motorists forget that it's other cars that slow their journey down
Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 00:18 - Oct 24 with 1581 viewsLord_Bony

I would like to do a bit more cycling me but it's scary on this main roads. Especially on the dark winter evebingsypissing down with rain and blowing a gale and big lorries everywhere and that

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 04:44 - Oct 24 with 1523 viewsHighjack

I've always cycled quite a bit, which is probably why I posess such mighty firm thighs and a pert rump that drives the ladies (and some gentlemen unfortunately) insane with desire, but I think cyclists tend to be completely oblivious to whats going on around them.

I would be so embarrassed if I had a string of about 40 cars behind me trying to get past I would pull over, but cyclists don't tend to have any sort of human decency in that respect.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 06:24 - Oct 24 with 1506 viewssquarebear

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 23:43 - Oct 23 by JFSwan

Loughor is a poor example, I regularly hit +20mph down there cycling on the flat roads and would be very dangerous on the path with familys pootling along , extendable dog leads and joggers.

The risks of a collision can be mitigated by sounding a bell (though my own anecdotal evidence is that many cyclists seem not to have/use bells).

iPod users can be blissfully unaware of passing bikes though common sense suggests they're less likely to be walking dogs on extendable leads.
Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 06:44 - Oct 24 with 1497 viewsjackal

I love the tossers who cycle on the Mumbles road, causing hassle on the road when there's a perfectly good cycle path right next to it.
Selfish tw*ts!
Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 07:14 - Oct 24 with 1487 viewsBatterseajack

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 06:44 - Oct 24 by jackal

I love the tossers who cycle on the Mumbles road, causing hassle on the road when there's a perfectly good cycle path right next to it.
Selfish tw*ts!

You know there's two lanes on that road for motorists to use, you should have no trouble getting past a cyclist. Share the roads
Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 08:08 - Oct 24 with 1468 viewsdgt73

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 06:44 - Oct 24 by jackal

Selfish tw*ts!

How many of those who drive down the mumbles road could walk or use public transport - selfish tw@ts.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 08:25 - Oct 24 with 1461 viewssquarebear

I want a seat to myself on the bus. Get back in your cars, you selfish tw@ts.
Login to get fewer ads

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 08:34 - Oct 24 with 1451 viewsjackal

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 07:14 - Oct 24 by Batterseajack

You know there's two lanes on that road for motorists to use, you should have no trouble getting past a cyclist. Share the roads

Ok. They can use the road and I'll drive on the cycle path.
Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 08:37 - Oct 24 with 1447 viewsdgt73

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 08:34 - Oct 24 by jackal

Ok. They can use the road and I'll drive on the cycle path.

Where does it say the roads are for cars and other motor vehicles only ?
[Post edited 24 Oct 2015 8:37]

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 08:38 - Oct 24 with 1446 viewsjackal

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 08:08 - Oct 24 by dgt73

How many of those who drive down the mumbles road could walk or use public transport - selfish tw@ts.

Next time I want to go the 8 miles to Mumbles I'll walk so that the cyclists can have the the road to themselves. Seflish tw@ts.
Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 08:40 - Oct 24 with 1444 viewsdgt73

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 08:38 - Oct 24 by jackal

Next time I want to go the 8 miles to Mumbles I'll walk so that the cyclists can have the the road to themselves. Seflish tw@ts.

Haven't you heard of a "bus"

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 08:41 - Oct 24 with 1443 viewsjackal

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 08:37 - Oct 24 by dgt73

Where does it say the roads are for cars and other motor vehicles only ?
[Post edited 24 Oct 2015 8:37]

Nowhere,but if there's a cycle path running parallel to the road then common sense should prevail. Even a cyclist can see that.
Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 08:43 - Oct 24 with 1437 viewsjackal

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 08:40 - Oct 24 by dgt73

Haven't you heard of a "bus"

Why should I have to catch a bus from Llangyfelach to Mumbles and pay for a car to sit on my drive just to please cyclists who don't pay road tax
Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 08:45 - Oct 24 with 1436 viewsdgt73

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 08:41 - Oct 24 by jackal

Nowhere,but if there's a cycle path running parallel to the road then common sense should prevail. Even a cyclist can see that.

Maybe and I'd imagine most do - unless you're not going all the way down to the mumbles and therefore you'd need to use the road for part of the journey.

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 08:48 - Oct 24 with 1073 viewsjackal

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 08:45 - Oct 24 by dgt73

Maybe and I'd imagine most do - unless you're not going all the way down to the mumbles and therefore you'd need to use the road for part of the journey.

I f there's no cycle path, of course use the road. But the runs from Port Talbot and through Mumbles.
Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 08:48 - Oct 24 with 1073 viewslatchford

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 08:41 - Oct 24 by jackal

The cycle path to mumbles is actually dangerous for cyclists with road bikes to use. Pedestrians walk on the wrong side of it, dogs run everywhere as do children. Added to that its full of sand blown up off the beach. Not safe and i certainly wouldn't want to damage my bike using it.
Maybe motorists should be made to ride a bike on the road to appreciate how best to interact with cyclists.
Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 08:49 - Oct 24 with 1070 viewsdgt73

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 08:43 - Oct 24 by jackal

Why should I have to catch a bus from Llangyfelach to Mumbles and pay for a car to sit on my drive just to please cyclists who don't pay road tax

Not all cars pay road tax and those that do are paying because they are adding to their carbon footprint. No one is saying you shouldn't use the car, but it seems that you have issues with cyclists who have as much right to use the roads as you in your car.

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 08:51 - Oct 24 with 1069 viewsjackal

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 08:48 - Oct 24 by latchford

The cycle path to mumbles is actually dangerous for cyclists with road bikes to use. Pedestrians walk on the wrong side of it, dogs run everywhere as do children. Added to that its full of sand blown up off the beach. Not safe and i certainly wouldn't want to damage my bike using it.
Maybe motorists should be made to ride a bike on the road to appreciate how best to interact with cyclists.

The road is dangerous too. Especially when cyclists ride side by side as I've seen them do.
Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 08:51 - Oct 24 with 1066 viewsdgt73

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 08:48 - Oct 24 by jackal

I f there's no cycle path, of course use the road. But the runs from Port Talbot and through Mumbles.

And if you wanted to get to a certain address you'd have at some point use the roads.

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 08:55 - Oct 24 with 1064 viewsjackal

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 08:49 - Oct 24 by dgt73

Not all cars pay road tax and those that do are paying because they are adding to their carbon footprint. No one is saying you shouldn't use the car, but it seems that you have issues with cyclists who have as much right to use the roads as you in your car.

Fair point. I pay road tax. But I've just heard that I've got that computer thing on my car that fiddles the emission's test. Not my fault. But more hassle.
Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 08:55 - Oct 24 with 1062 viewsdgt73

We in this country should follow the philosophy of the Dutch and that is all roads ( not the motorways) are for cyclists and cars are just guests.

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 08:58 - Oct 24 with 1058 viewsPhil_S

It is certainly not the majority of cyclists who jump red lights but it Is certainly something that happens more frequently than it should. Add to that cycling five abreast along roads having a chat to each other and the ones who mount the pavement to avoid traffic lights and there are many who give cyclists a bad name.

That said there are of course many drivers who do the same to road users, but I suspect the percentage is the same on both fronts
Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 09:04 - Oct 24 with 1054 viewsJackfath

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 08:58 - Oct 24 by Phil_S

It is certainly not the majority of cyclists who jump red lights but it Is certainly something that happens more frequently than it should. Add to that cycling five abreast along roads having a chat to each other and the ones who mount the pavement to avoid traffic lights and there are many who give cyclists a bad name.

That said there are of course many drivers who do the same to road users, but I suspect the percentage is the same on both fronts

A well balanced opinion. Short of it is there are utter bellends in both cars and on bikes. However the majority of both are smashing.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 09:12 - Oct 24 with 1046 viewsWarwickHunt

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 00:08 - Oct 24 by Batterseajack

People making journeys under 5 miles by car are the problem, clogging up the roads with their laziness. Motorists forget that it's other cars that slow their journey down

The majority of cyclists not having a fücking scooby about the Highway Code is the problem.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024