Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New striker 11:09 - Nov 1 with 15344 viewsBenJ94

Desperately needed in January! I know we'd probably not be saying this had gomis taken around the keeper and scored, but he's clearly not good enough, surely we've got the money to go out and buy a 20mil striker who's guarenteed to get you goals?
New striker on 11:18 - Nov 1 with 5184 viewsowainglyndwr

I think we need a decent striker which will cost, creative Midfielder, centre back and a right back.
New striker on 11:31 - Nov 1 with 5149 viewsSenhin

You mean the striker who has scored 14 goals in 34 starts for us? Better than a goal every three games? Yeah. Shocking. Not good enough for a massive Champion's League team like us. We need to go buy Suarez and have Lewandowski on the bench just in case.

We need a new striker, just because he's suddenly the worst player ever again because he's not scored for a while, almost as little as we needed yet another thread slagging him off. Almost every thread is doing so, even the ones that weren't remotely about him to begin with. Why not contribute to one of those instead if you really feel such a need to slag off one of our own players?
[Post edited 1 Nov 2015 11:36]

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

New striker on 11:34 - Nov 1 with 5138 viewsBenJ94

New striker on 11:31 - Nov 1 by Senhin

You mean the striker who has scored 14 goals in 34 starts for us? Better than a goal every three games? Yeah. Shocking. Not good enough for a massive Champion's League team like us. We need to go buy Suarez and have Lewandowski on the bench just in case.

We need a new striker, just because he's suddenly the worst player ever again because he's not scored for a while, almost as little as we needed yet another thread slagging him off. Almost every thread is doing so, even the ones that weren't remotely about him to begin with. Why not contribute to one of those instead if you really feel such a need to slag off one of our own players?
[Post edited 1 Nov 2015 11:36]

Yeah, you know the one who hasn't scored since August? And did I say we should buy a Suarez? No! But we certainly need someone more consistent than bafe is!
New striker on 11:37 - Nov 1 with 5118 viewsDr_Winston

Criticise his form by all means, but to claim that a striker who's scored goals against basically all the top teams in the division with that goal per game ratio "isn't good enough" neatly demonstrates how idiotic much of the criticism of Gomis is.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

New striker on 11:40 - Nov 1 with 5110 viewsSenhin

New striker on 11:34 - Nov 1 by BenJ94

Yeah, you know the one who hasn't scored since August? And did I say we should buy a Suarez? No! But we certainly need someone more consistent than bafe is!

No, but if you're getting strikers who score in every other game or above (which is what an improvement on Gomis would be) then you're getting towards that kind of calibre of player. We don't need someone more consistent than Gomis. What we need is to stop relying on just him and Ayew to score in open play. That's got to be easy for players to defend against. We need our other players to be more of a goal threat, and when they have the attention of defending players as well then it'll be easier for Gomis to escape their attention and successfully break the offside trap etc...

New striker on 11:55 - Nov 1 with 5086 viewsjack247

New striker on 11:40 - Nov 1 by Senhin

No, but if you're getting strikers who score in every other game or above (which is what an improvement on Gomis would be) then you're getting towards that kind of calibre of player. We don't need someone more consistent than Gomis. What we need is to stop relying on just him and Ayew to score in open play. That's got to be easy for players to defend against. We need our other players to be more of a goal threat, and when they have the attention of defending players as well then it'll be easier for Gomis to escape their attention and successfully break the offside trap etc...

For them to do that though, he needs to be creating chances for others. I think he is an excellent striker on his day, but when it is not his day, he can become a liability.

Stats only tell half a story. A goal every 3 games would be OK, if he was also creating, but his goals have mainly come in gluts at the end and start of the seasons. You can't score four in four then none in eight as a lone centre forward.
New striker on 12:01 - Nov 1 with 5062 viewsSenhin

New striker on 11:55 - Nov 1 by jack247

For them to do that though, he needs to be creating chances for others. I think he is an excellent striker on his day, but when it is not his day, he can become a liability.

Stats only tell half a story. A goal every 3 games would be OK, if he was also creating, but his goals have mainly come in gluts at the end and start of the seasons. You can't score four in four then none in eight as a lone centre forward.

Didn't he create the most chances out of any Striker in the league last week? I'm sure someone posted a stat about that.

New striker on 12:12 - Nov 1 with 5038 viewsjack247

New striker on 12:01 - Nov 1 by Senhin

Didn't he create the most chances out of any Striker in the league last week? I'm sure someone posted a stat about that.

Possibly, but if he did it is the exception not the norm. He doesn't create chances because he can't hold the ball up. That's fine when he is sticking it in the net.
Login to get fewer ads

New striker on 12:13 - Nov 1 with 5038 viewsAngelRangelQS

New striker on 11:40 - Nov 1 by Senhin

Gomis doesn't want to be here and hasn't wanted to for a long time.

To be fair to him though, apart from Ayew nobody else is contributing infront of goal or even looking like contributing
New striker on 12:49 - Nov 1 with 4988 viewsAquinas

Kramaric from Leicester.

Chuck Nath in as part of the deal and send Gomis out to the middle east.
New striker on 13:45 - Nov 1 with 4919 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

If we're looking for proven scorers in this league, that lad Michu at Swansea is sitting around twiddling his thumbs...might be worth a loa....oh..;)

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

New striker on 14:10 - Nov 1 with 4886 viewsPhil_S

We wont spend 20 million on a striker in January

Probably because we don't have that kind of money
New striker on 14:24 - Nov 1 with 4861 viewsbluenile

No one expects a "Suarez".................but a "Vardy" would do.

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

New striker on 15:25 - Nov 1 with 4789 viewsangryjack

gomis just not aware of whats going on around him.yesterday he obviously made up his mind that he was going to round the keeper but anyone with a bit of awareness would have glance backwards to see that there was any covering defenders first in which they were coming at speed and wouldnt have taken that option then.he always offside because like i said hhis awareness of whats going on around him.needs to be taken out of firing line and eder given a 3 or 4 game run couldnt do any worse
New striker on 15:37 - Nov 1 with 4751 viewsLandore_Jack

A lot of clubs are reluctant to sell their strikers in January unless it was for silly money.

#backtojack

New striker on 15:45 - Nov 1 with 4731 viewsfbreath

Lukaku showed how to round the keeper one on one today against Sunderland

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

New striker on 16:00 - Nov 1 with 4708 viewsRancid

New striker on 11:37 - Nov 1 by Dr_Winston

Criticise his form by all means, but to claim that a striker who's scored goals against basically all the top teams in the division with that goal per game ratio "isn't good enough" neatly demonstrates how idiotic much of the criticism of Gomis is.

He hit a purple patch and that's well and truly over.The 1 on 1 with Cech yesterday i just knew he wouldn't finish it.He's not good or consistent enough and is visibly struggling at the moment and we're not scoring as a result.I'd give him 2 more games to see if he comes good again then I'd drop him for Eder if he still isn't doing it.
New striker on 16:02 - Nov 1 with 4703 viewsAnotherJohn

New striker on 15:45 - Nov 1 by fbreath

Lukaku showed how to round the keeper one on one today against Sunderland

Given that Cech had held his position near the six yard line I thought Gomis had to shoot - Vardy showed yesterday how a feint and slotting the ball the other way can work.

Re the OP, my view has always been that we need at least two front-line strikers in the squad - on the theory that somebody like Gomis will have dips in form and there will be games where a different type of striker is needed. I've never bought the argument that as a top half EPL team we can only afford or motivate one striker (re the money we are after all paying Michu). I said in pre-season that I did not rate Eder (who I think was recruited as a deputy) and have seen nothing to change my mind.
New striker on 16:05 - Nov 1 with 4692 viewsA_Fans_Dad

New striker on 11:55 - Nov 1 by jack247

This "but his goals have mainly come in gluts at the end and start of the seasons." needs expanding upon as Londonlisa did yesterday.
In the run up to the Transfer Window Gomis started firing on all cylinders.
He continued that performance at the start of this season while the Transfer Window was still open.
Since then Zilch, Nada, Offside all the time etc etc.
Isn't that a coincidence, as Londonlisa said anyone more cynical might make something of it.
New striker on 16:17 - Nov 1 with 4666 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

New striker on 16:05 - Nov 1 by A_Fans_Dad

This "but his goals have mainly come in gluts at the end and start of the seasons." needs expanding upon as Londonlisa did yesterday.
In the run up to the Transfer Window Gomis started firing on all cylinders.
He continued that performance at the start of this season while the Transfer Window was still open.
Since then Zilch, Nada, Offside all the time etc etc.
Isn't that a coincidence, as Londonlisa said anyone more cynical might make something of it.

I love the idea that Gomis is deciding when to score goals. Like he's SO good the he could score at will, but prefers to play some kind of passive aggressive game centred around the transfer windows instead.

(as if scoring consistently would damage his chances of getting a move elsewhere...)

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

New striker on 16:24 - Nov 1 with 4647 viewsperchrockjack

Idiotic eh.

Great stuff basically from posters who believe their man is alright.

Go is is indefensible at the moment. Last season ? Wtf is that about..now he s a disgrace, on his arse, posturing ,not attacking the ball, not converting chances but hey if you think he s great then he is.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

New striker on 16:55 - Nov 1 with 4609 viewsA_Fans_Dad

New striker on 16:17 - Nov 1 by FearOfAJackPlanet

I love the idea that Gomis is deciding when to score goals. Like he's SO good the he could score at will, but prefers to play some kind of passive aggressive game centred around the transfer windows instead.

(as if scoring consistently would damage his chances of getting a move elsewhere...)

"I love the idea that Gomis is deciding when to score goals." - how about deciding how much effort he is going to put in to the whole game?
Like chasing the ball he has lost, chasing the Goalie, tackling, getting back on side.
You know like he was doing during that wonderful spell when he and Ayew were scoring at will.
New striker on 17:25 - Nov 1 with 4554 viewsDr_Winston

New striker on 16:24 - Nov 1 by perchrockjack

Idiotic eh.

Great stuff basically from posters who believe their man is alright.

Go is is indefensible at the moment. Last season ? Wtf is that about..now he s a disgrace, on his arse, posturing ,not attacking the ball, not converting chances but hey if you think he s great then he is.

He makes more effort in games than you do to get to them Perchy my old mucker.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

New striker on 17:29 - Nov 1 with 4539 viewsjruss1

It would help if he had viable competition. Monk spent 5 million on a striker he doesn't seem to rate at all. Gomis knows he will play every week and won't be subbed until the dying moments of a game either, usually when it's either won or lost already. His performances in the last few weeks have been shocking but no sign of him being left out.
New striker on 09:07 - Nov 2 with 4369 viewsoldcob

New striker on 16:00 - Nov 1 by Rancid

He hit a purple patch and that's well and truly over.The 1 on 1 with Cech yesterday i just knew he wouldn't finish it.He's not good or consistent enough and is visibly struggling at the moment and we're not scoring as a result.I'd give him 2 more games to see if he comes good again then I'd drop him for Eder if he still isn't doing it.

One on one with the keeper if you take the ball up to him is not as easy as it looks. The keeper will win seven times out of ten. Gomis knows that every keeper and striker does. Odds even less versus a keeper as rangey a Cech. That's what baffles me as to why he didn't hit it earlier.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024