Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Possible strike replacement 14:30 - Nov 11 with 2737 viewsmichumagic9

We can't seem to score atm. We could possibly resolve this by bringing in another striker in the January transfer window. Any suggestions who would fit the bill for us?
Possible strike replacement on 14:33 - Nov 11 with 2730 viewsswancity

Messi or Lewandowski or may be both, let's get them

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Possible strike replacement on 14:44 - Nov 11 with 2706 viewsoldcob

No matter who we bring in as striker, if the rest of the side can't provide him with some sort of decent service it will be irrelevant. If our striker wants the ball he should position himself between the two central defenders, because thats where we look to play the ball at every opportunity. Even free kicks ten yards inside the opposition half get passed back. Surely we have someone who can reach the opposition penalty area from there.
Possible strike replacement on 14:46 - Nov 11 with 2689 viewsPegojack

Hindsight is a marvellous thing, but I think we made a rod for our own back by putting so many eggs in the Gomis basket in the summer.
I'm wary of saying Eder was a waste of £5m, but I've seen him several times now and he doesn't look like he's going to blossom into a half decent Premier League striker.
This for me is the pressing team issue at the moment. Gomis needs to be dropped, but do we try Ayew as main man up front, or give Eder a chance, or maybe even Marvellous Marvin?
I think as a priority we also need to get in a viable alternative in January. If Gomis kicks off, show him the door. Our club is bigger than one ego.
Possible strike replacement on 14:47 - Nov 11 with 2685 viewsmichumagic9

Possibly a cheeky swoop for Spurs duo Adebayor and Townsend
Possible strike replacement on 14:59 - Nov 11 with 2658 viewsjackal

Possible strike replacement on 14:47 - Nov 11 by michumagic9

Adebayor is a lazy trouble-maker. We don't need the grief. If we want a right winger, there's a good one at Leicester. Nathan Dyer. Maybe we can get him.
Possible strike replacement on 15:30 - Nov 11 with 2604 viewsPegojack

Just been having a nose amongst the Championship and League One statistics to unearth likely candidates. Nobody outstanding that is likely to come at a reasonable fee.

We need to cast the net wider, or maybe consider someone out of favour at a Prem club, or maybe someone who would want to leave a Prem struggler in January? Mind you, we're likely to be a Prem sturggler in January ourselves....
Possible strike replacement on 15:35 - Nov 11 with 2585 viewstomdickharry

We missed Callum Wilson,you need a good eye to spot the gem.
Austin.
Possible strike replacement on 15:40 - Nov 11 with 2576 viewsmichumagic9

Possible strike replacement on 15:35 - Nov 11 by tomdickharry

Austin.

Austin could solve all our problems!
Login to get fewer ads

Possible strike replacement on 15:57 - Nov 11 with 2537 viewsswan65split

Brian Grey, Keith Todd,
Possible strike replacement on 16:03 - Nov 11 with 2507 viewsjasonbromham

Young Moussa Dembele from Fulham, could be available on a cut price deal as his contract will expire at the end of the season. Very sharp with an eye for goal.
Possible strike replacement on 16:19 - Nov 11 with 2477 viewseddie71

This if not, Jordan Rhodes or Chris Wood.
Possible strike replacement on 16:57 - Nov 11 with 2416 viewstrolley_jack

Michu is available on the free.
Possible strike replacement on 17:34 - Nov 11 with 2375 viewsraynor94

Possible strike replacement on 14:47 - Nov 11 by michumagic9

And they are better than what we have?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Possible strike replacement on 17:41 - Nov 11 with 2362 viewsblueytheblue

Possible strike replacement on 16:19 - Nov 11 by eddie71

This if not, Jordan Rhodes or Chris Wood.

There's got to be something about Rhodes for him not to have been picked up by a Prem team by now, tbh.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Possible strike replacement on 17:45 - Nov 11 with 2352 viewsDarran

Kenwynne Jones.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Possible strike replacement on 17:45 - Nov 11 with 2351 viewsAquinas

I've said it loads of times on here before but Kramaric from Leicester would be ideal.

Only 2 goals in 13 for Leicester but most of his appearances have been as a sub and not as the lone striker. No matter how good he is, there is no way he is getting ahead of Vardy at the moment.

His international record for Croatia is 3 goals in 8 games which is decent and his record for his previous club was 37 in 42.

He is 24 and is Leicester's record buy at £9 million so I doubt they'd let him go on the cheap but for £5/6 million I think they'd let him go.
Possible strike replacement on 17:48 - Nov 11 with 2342 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Possible strike replacement on 17:45 - Nov 11 by Aquinas

I've said it loads of times on here before but Kramaric from Leicester would be ideal.

Only 2 goals in 13 for Leicester but most of his appearances have been as a sub and not as the lone striker. No matter how good he is, there is no way he is getting ahead of Vardy at the moment.

His international record for Croatia is 3 goals in 8 games which is decent and his record for his previous club was 37 in 42.

He is 24 and is Leicester's record buy at £9 million so I doubt they'd let him go on the cheap but for £5/6 million I think they'd let him go.

I doubt they are stupid enough to sell a potentially influential player to a team they are competing with closely in the league. Only a clown would sanction such a move.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Possible strike replacement on 17:51 - Nov 11 with 2332 viewsblueytheblue

Possible strike replacement on 17:45 - Nov 11 by Darran

Kenwynne Jones.

We've just loaned Revell out and Saadi did his hamstring.

No chance ;)

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Possible strike replacement on 17:57 - Nov 11 with 2322 viewsRancid

Why not a cheeky bid for Wilfried??
Possible strike replacement on 17:59 - Nov 11 with 2313 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Possible strike replacement on 15:35 - Nov 11 by tomdickharry

Austin.

Coventry is over 3 hours away from Middlesbrough. You can't expect our chief scout to travel that far.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Possible strike replacement on 18:09 - Nov 11 with 2280 viewsGlyn1

Possible strike replacement on 14:46 - Nov 11 by Pegojack

Hindsight is a marvellous thing, but I think we made a rod for our own back by putting so many eggs in the Gomis basket in the summer.
I'm wary of saying Eder was a waste of £5m, but I've seen him several times now and he doesn't look like he's going to blossom into a half decent Premier League striker.
This for me is the pressing team issue at the moment. Gomis needs to be dropped, but do we try Ayew as main man up front, or give Eder a chance, or maybe even Marvellous Marvin?
I think as a priority we also need to get in a viable alternative in January. If Gomis kicks off, show him the door. Our club is bigger than one ego.

We won't know that for sure until Eder is given a couple of full matches to see what he can do, which would also be a wake-up call for Gomis.

And while we're at it, also start a couple of matches with Tabanou, not because Taylor has been particularly bad, but we need to see what he can do.

It's a bit pointless having two players for every position if we only ever use half of them constantly and the other half never at all (Amat?).

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Possible strike replacement on 18:17 - Nov 11 with 2249 viewsFlashberryjack

Possible strike replacement on 14:46 - Nov 11 by Pegojack

If Gomis does kick off.......and we want to show him the door, it'll cost us a good few £ million. 3 years left on a reported £50 grand a week contract.
F*ck me we wouldn't be able to give him away.

Huw's sh*tting himself, that's why he's still in the team, in the hope that he can start banging a few goals in, then, and only then will he be going anywhere.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Possible strike replacement on 18:50 - Nov 11 with 2196 viewsshandyjack

lets get a goal scoring wide man with quality, loan for Mirallas or Townsend would sort our right side out and both big pluses over Dyer or Wayne, maybe utilise AA up top then

Poll: Expectation for the season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024