Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack Cork 12:09 - Nov 24 with 3824 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

So has he had a falling out with our Gaffa?

Just can't get any minutes on the pitch lately

A rusty Britton without a premier league start & an absolutely exhausted Ki ahead of him on Saturday .

I'd wager a falling out ?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Jack Cork on 18:51 - Nov 24 with 948 viewsOldjack

Jack Cork on 16:16 - Nov 24 by swancity

As useful a player as Cork is he was dreadful against Stoke as were quite a few others in the first half to be fair. I think he's lacking a bit of confidence which will hopefully be restored when he starts next time.

Why should he be lacking in confidence ? if he haves the jitters every time he makes a mistake he's no good to anyone

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Jack Cork on 19:50 - Nov 24 with 873 viewsbonymine

Jack Cork on 18:51 - Nov 24 by Oldjack

Why should he be lacking in confidence ? if he haves the jitters every time he makes a mistake he's no good to anyone

With due respect Alan ALL our players are lacking in confidence at the moment apparently ....

Against Bournemouth, it struck me that they were passing & moving with pace and tempo like WE USED TO DO yet they are now 2ND BOTTOM bottom and no wins in 5 games.

So, compare that to ourselves, we have 5 points more than them yet we are deemed to be lacking confidence as an explanation for our dip in form?

How then can Eddie Howe put out a team like he did on Saturday and effectively run rings around us for large parts of the game with swift, effective counter attack football yet our team can only deliver a limp performance overall with a very fortunate turnaround in fortunes on the day to get a draw ?

The only factor therefore between the two teams is the Manager and the players and how they are motivated, coached and prepared for the match.

Speaks volumes that all is not well behind the scenes be that the Manager/player bond is not there or showing cracks or other matters such as the question mark over Nathan's transfer and also the personal domestic issues of our board of Directors are causing something of a divide within the dressing room ?

Discuss .......

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Jack Cork on 20:01 - Nov 24 with 862 viewsOldjack

Jack Cork on 19:50 - Nov 24 by bonymine

With due respect Alan ALL our players are lacking in confidence at the moment apparently ....

Against Bournemouth, it struck me that they were passing & moving with pace and tempo like WE USED TO DO yet they are now 2ND BOTTOM bottom and no wins in 5 games.

So, compare that to ourselves, we have 5 points more than them yet we are deemed to be lacking confidence as an explanation for our dip in form?

How then can Eddie Howe put out a team like he did on Saturday and effectively run rings around us for large parts of the game with swift, effective counter attack football yet our team can only deliver a limp performance overall with a very fortunate turnaround in fortunes on the day to get a draw ?

The only factor therefore between the two teams is the Manager and the players and how they are motivated, coached and prepared for the match.

Speaks volumes that all is not well behind the scenes be that the Manager/player bond is not there or showing cracks or other matters such as the question mark over Nathan's transfer and also the personal domestic issues of our board of Directors are causing something of a divide within the dressing room ?

Discuss .......

Three words ,Garry , selection, tactics
I don't believe there's unrest in the camp or anywhere else
[Post edited 24 Nov 2015 20:33]

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Jack Cork on 20:14 - Nov 24 with 856 viewsbonymine

Jack Cork on 20:01 - Nov 24 by Oldjack

Three words ,Garry , selection, tactics
I don't believe there's unrest in the camp or anywhere else
[Post edited 24 Nov 2015 20:33]

I bow to your greater knowledge of matters close to our club Alan....

However, I'm not convinced that all is well behind the scenes and I believe there are a number of issues which could be unsettling our club at this time.

Clearly some matters are delicate and not for an open forum discussion but there are most certainly external factors influencing our team's performance at the moment.

If it were as you say, merely 'Garry, Selection & Tactics' then if it was apparent that this was the problem for our performances then Monk would have already lost his job by now as an incompetent manager out of his depth.

Stormy times ahead I see with lots of ups and downs along the way....

For the first time ever I think that there is disharmony between the board and the Manager/Players.

Fingers crossed we can ride the storm and still be Premier League next season !!

👍👍

Jack Cork on 20:46 - Nov 24 with 832 viewsOldjack

Jack Cork on 20:14 - Nov 24 by bonymine

I bow to your greater knowledge of matters close to our club Alan....

However, I'm not convinced that all is well behind the scenes and I believe there are a number of issues which could be unsettling our club at this time.

Clearly some matters are delicate and not for an open forum discussion but there are most certainly external factors influencing our team's performance at the moment.

If it were as you say, merely 'Garry, Selection & Tactics' then if it was apparent that this was the problem for our performances then Monk would have already lost his job by now as an incompetent manager out of his depth.

Stormy times ahead I see with lots of ups and downs along the way....

For the first time ever I think that there is disharmony between the board and the Manager/Players.

Fingers crossed we can ride the storm and still be Premier League next season !!

👍👍

'Garry, Selection & Tactics' are now becoming clearly apparent to most, i now think if it don't change soon ,he's gone, which would be a shame

Jack Cork on 20:59 - Nov 24 with 816 viewsSwansNZ

Jack Cork on 13:38 - Nov 24 by Clinton

Jack is nowhere near as comfortable on the ball as Leon. He is far superior in protecting the back four. There is a bit of logic therefore in Leon playing against Bournemouth because the back four should not have needed so much protection. (Yes I know how it turned out)
If Jack doesnt play against Liverpool though, we must smell a rat.

From what I saw on the TV on Saturday, it looked like Leon and Ki were both playing sort of box to box roles, rather than Leon sitting in front of the back 4 and Ki going up and down. I’ve never seen Leon in such an advanced role. Is that how it appeared, or was Leon mostly in a holding role in front of the back 4?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Jack Cork on 21:07 - Nov 24 with 800 viewsDr_Winston

Jack Cork on 13:38 - Nov 24 by Clinton

Jack is nowhere near as comfortable on the ball as Leon. He is far superior in protecting the back four. There is a bit of logic therefore in Leon playing against Bournemouth because the back four should not have needed so much protection. (Yes I know how it turned out)
If Jack doesnt play against Liverpool though, we must smell a rat.

Depends which Leon.

Prime Leon, you're absolutely right. The Leon of the last couple of years, probably not.

There were signs in 2013/14 that Leon's powers were waning. Laudrup used him less and less that season and last time around Monk barely used him at all. Time has caught up with him.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Jack Cork on 21:23 - Nov 24 with 769 viewsbonymine

Jack Cork on 21:07 - Nov 24 by Dr_Winston

Depends which Leon.

Prime Leon, you're absolutely right. The Leon of the last couple of years, probably not.

There were signs in 2013/14 that Leon's powers were waning. Laudrup used him less and less that season and last time around Monk barely used him at all. Time has caught up with him.

Very true Dr Winston

Leon has most certainly been a legend for our club since 2003, however time waits for no man and it is clear that time has finally caught up with Leon....

Legend, Ambassador,Loyal (apart from 6 months at Sheff Utd !!)

Login to get fewer ads

Jack Cork on 21:54 - Nov 24 with 748 viewsjasper_T

Jack Cork on 20:59 - Nov 24 by SwansNZ

From what I saw on the TV on Saturday, it looked like Leon and Ki were both playing sort of box to box roles, rather than Leon sitting in front of the back 4 and Ki going up and down. I’ve never seen Leon in such an advanced role. Is that how it appeared, or was Leon mostly in a holding role in front of the back 4?

Garry's got us playing a traditional midfield duo where both can go forward and alternate defensively, which last worked sometime around 1996.
Jack Cork on 11:29 - Nov 25 with 647 viewsClinton

Jack Cork on 21:07 - Nov 24 by Dr_Winston

Depends which Leon.

Leon's still got it when he's Got the ball.
He gets outmuscled and outfought in challenges though. Hence my post.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024