Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Newcastle targetting Jonjo Shelvey? 04:12 - Nov 26 with 1808 viewsGroo

According to this

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/11/25/report-newcastle-confident-of-signing-towns

Groo does what Groo does best

Newcastle targetting Jonjo Shelvey? on 07:55 - Nov 26 with 1686 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Interesting...are Newcastle still seen as a team where players want to go to? (unless they're french)

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Newcastle targetting Jonjo Shelvey? on 09:01 - Nov 26 with 1580 viewsLeonisGod

Wtf? One way route to the Championship
Newcastle targetting Jonjo Shelvey? on 09:01 - Nov 26 with 1580 viewsjackportis

He will do what his old man tells him to do.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Newcastle targetting Jonjo Shelvey? on 09:14 - Nov 26 with 1546 viewsbuilthjack

Newcastle targetting Jonjo Shelvey? on 09:01 - Nov 26 by jackportis

He will do what his old man tells him to do.

I wish his old man would tell him to get his body over the ball when he shoots, so it doesn't go into the top row of the upper.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Newcastle targetting Jonjo Shelvey? on 10:32 - Nov 26 with 1461 viewsDafyddHuw

I think Shelvey is a major part od our problem. For a couple of reasons -

(1) When Shelvey decides to turn up he can be a matchwinner. How often does that happen though? 1 in 5 if we're lucky? Also those bad habits of his which the coaches tried to suppress are back. We''re seeing the Holywood passes again - some work, most don't. And he does seem pretty indifferent to defending from the front, and that's being kind.

(2) The major ptoblem though - which isn't down to him - is that Garry Monk doesn't know how to keep all our midfield ers happy. We've never had this problem before at the Swans, so it's a new experience for GM and I don't think he's handling it very well at the mo. We should always start with a given - Cork, Gylfi, Ki, Ayew. Plus our back 4. Plus Fab. That's 9. Another 2 to pick. If Jonjo's gets picked as attacking mid, he gets in the way of Ayew & Gylfi. If defensive mid, he gets in the way of Ki and Cork.

Getting rid would give us less options but also a clearer path to a best team. £10M bid from the Sports Direct Arena & I'm warming the car up.

Just my opinion.
Newcastle targetting Jonjo Shelvey? on 10:47 - Nov 26 with 1429 viewsLeonisGod

Newcastle targetting Jonjo Shelvey? on 10:32 - Nov 26 by DafyddHuw

I think Shelvey is a major part od our problem. For a couple of reasons -

(1) When Shelvey decides to turn up he can be a matchwinner. How often does that happen though? 1 in 5 if we're lucky? Also those bad habits of his which the coaches tried to suppress are back. We''re seeing the Holywood passes again - some work, most don't. And he does seem pretty indifferent to defending from the front, and that's being kind.

(2) The major ptoblem though - which isn't down to him - is that Garry Monk doesn't know how to keep all our midfield ers happy. We've never had this problem before at the Swans, so it's a new experience for GM and I don't think he's handling it very well at the mo. We should always start with a given - Cork, Gylfi, Ki, Ayew. Plus our back 4. Plus Fab. That's 9. Another 2 to pick. If Jonjo's gets picked as attacking mid, he gets in the way of Ayew & Gylfi. If defensive mid, he gets in the way of Ki and Cork.

Getting rid would give us less options but also a clearer path to a best team. £10M bid from the Sports Direct Arena & I'm warming the car up.

Just my opinion.

Blimey. Look how thin we were last year once we had a couple of injuries, with Tom Caroll and Jay Fulton in the middle. Lose JJS and we've lost a good player, so hope this story is just brollox
Newcastle targetting Jonjo Shelvey? on 11:37 - Nov 26 with 1369 viewsjasper_T

We beat Southampton away with Jay Fulton. Had a bit of Jack Cork about him in that game.
Newcastle targetting Jonjo Shelvey? on 11:49 - Nov 26 with 1352 viewsNookiejack

Newcastle targetting Jonjo Shelvey? on 10:47 - Nov 26 by LeonisGod

Blimey. Look how thin we were last year once we had a couple of injuries, with Tom Caroll and Jay Fulton in the middle. Lose JJS and we've lost a good player, so hope this story is just brollox

Yes totally agree - we haven't had any long term injuries in midfield yet. Also haven't had many suspensions ( bar Jonjo's coming up v Liverpool).

Could easily have a long term injury - then Sod's law will have a couple of three match bans for sending offs and even now with Shelvey - would be very thin in midfield.
Login to get fewer ads

Newcastle targetting Jonjo Shelvey? on 12:35 - Nov 26 with 1285 viewsLeonisGod

Newcastle targetting Jonjo Shelvey? on 11:37 - Nov 26 by jasper_T

We beat Southampton away with Jay Fulton. Had a bit of Jack Cork about him in that game.

Agreed. Caroll and Fulton did us proud in that game with a brilliantly disciplined performance. But I think we'd all agree we need more quality if we're going to progress. And ironically it was a moment of quality from Shelvey which stole us those points.

That disciplined team performance is what's missing now.

Of course, we may not be having these conversations if we'd just signed JDG as we should have...
Newcastle targetting Jonjo Shelvey? on 13:47 - Nov 26 with 1162 viewskarnataka

Newcastle targetting Jonjo Shelvey? on 12:35 - Nov 26 by LeonisGod

Agreed. Caroll and Fulton did us proud in that game with a brilliantly disciplined performance. But I think we'd all agree we need more quality if we're going to progress. And ironically it was a moment of quality from Shelvey which stole us those points.

Of course, we may not be having these conversations if we'd just signed JDG as we should have...

Wouldn't disagree with any of that, especially the last sentence.
Newcastle targetting Jonjo Shelvey? on 14:44 - Nov 26 with 1101 viewsDyfnant

He's available in January for a couple of million. Swap JJS then for mitrovic or use the fee for a new striker

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Newcastle targetting Jonjo Shelvey? on 15:03 - Nov 26 with 1075 viewsicecoldjack

I think thats where the Swans will always be stuck. We arn't big enough of placed geographically central enough for players to come here and sit on the bench IMO.

Siggy left Spurs for regular games.
Cork left Saints for regular games.
Shelvey left Liverpool for regular games.
Ki decided against an alleged move to Arsenal so he can have regular games.

It's probably been the selling point for us in terms of getting those players here in the first place, so it's not a big stretch to think that some are not happy these days .

I think we will struggle to keep them all happy so IMO letting one go will solve the problem, if we get injuries we have Leon,Grimes,Foulton to cover , none of those would let us down in a crisis and in the past we have used Amat as emergency cover in midfield also.

Trying to strengthen seems to be our undoing at the moment.

Cork,Siggy,Ki and shelvey are at Swansea to play every week, now we have another in Ayew to fit into our system so its easy to see that it may not be a happy ship at the moment.

It's one thing being sub for Spurs or Liverpool but another if your sub at Swansea, least thats how others may see it.

Just my take.

Sell one and take our chances with injury , after all whats the point in spending millions on talented kids if they never get a chance in times of crisis, thats how Ben Davies got his break.
Newcastle targetting Jonjo Shelvey? on 15:53 - Nov 26 with 1009 viewskarnataka

Newcastle targetting Jonjo Shelvey? on 15:03 - Nov 26 by icecoldjack

I think thats where the Swans will always be stuck. We arn't big enough of placed geographically central enough for players to come here and sit on the bench IMO.

Siggy left Spurs for regular games.
Cork left Saints for regular games.
Shelvey left Liverpool for regular games.
Ki decided against an alleged move to Arsenal so he can have regular games.

It's probably been the selling point for us in terms of getting those players here in the first place, so it's not a big stretch to think that some are not happy these days .

I think we will struggle to keep them all happy so IMO letting one go will solve the problem, if we get injuries we have Leon,Grimes,Foulton to cover , none of those would let us down in a crisis and in the past we have used Amat as emergency cover in midfield also.

Trying to strengthen seems to be our undoing at the moment.

Cork,Siggy,Ki and shelvey are at Swansea to play every week, now we have another in Ayew to fit into our system so its easy to see that it may not be a happy ship at the moment.

It's one thing being sub for Spurs or Liverpool but another if your sub at Swansea, least thats how others may see it.

Just my take.

Sell one and take our chances with injury , after all whats the point in spending millions on talented kids if they never get a chance in times of crisis, thats how Ben Davies got his break.

There's a lot of logical stuff in there and I tend to agree with most of it but please, please don't anyone ever suggest playing Amat in midfield again, that was an unmitigated disaster.

I think the current Shelvey situation is interesting and it seems to be polarising the fans in 2 camps. One sees him as being lazy, slowing our play down and should be benched and the other seems to think he's still the dog's danglies and would go into meltdown if he was sold to the Toon.
Newcastle targetting Jonjo Shelvey? on 16:26 - Nov 26 with 962 viewsA_Fans_Dad

What club in it's right mind with the prospect of a possible Relegation battle would sell a Premier Quality mid field player to one of the clubs also in a possible relegation position?
If it strengthens their side why would you do it?
Newcastle targetting Jonjo Shelvey? on 16:28 - Nov 26 with 958 viewsMillie

JJS want to get rid of that chef, the cock is feeding him to many puddings
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024