Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corners 18:13 - Nov 29 with 4128 viewstherealme

Please tell me why we don't work on them Garry. I would love to know the reason.

Both Norwich and Crystal Palace scored from a corner to help them get favourable results against Liverpool at Anfield.

Please tell me why none of the back 4 managed to get a goal LAST season, and still why none have scored this season. Especially when we are struggling to score from open play at the moment.

Garry, please don't suggest our lack of height is the reason why because I can show you a couple of corner routines to get around this if you need help.

Thnaks.

Francesco's black and white army ⚪️⚫️

Corners on 18:35 - Nov 29 with 3357 viewscurleigh

A total waste of time, might as well put it behind for a goal kick, whats with this hands in the air bollocks, its the same result, i think we were the only team mot to score from a corner last season, i may be wrong.jeeez !!!!
Corners on 18:37 - Nov 29 with 3346 viewsNookiejack

We are definitely going to need to score some goals from set-pieces to turn this around.
Corners on 18:41 - Nov 29 with 3326 viewsSwansNZ

Corners on 18:35 - Nov 29 by curleigh

A total waste of time, might as well put it behind for a goal kick, whats with this hands in the air bollocks, its the same result, i think we were the only team mot to score from a corner last season, i may be wrong.jeeez !!!!

"A total waste of time, might as well put it behind for a goal kick" ... that's what Gylfi did for the last one

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Corners on 18:51 - Nov 29 with 3279 viewsjacabertawe

Corners on 18:41 - Nov 29 by SwansNZ

"A total waste of time, might as well put it behind for a goal kick" ... that's what Gylfi did for the last one

It was the wind, mun.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Corners on 18:53 - Nov 29 with 3271 viewsSwansNZ

Corners on 18:51 - Nov 29 by jacabertawe

It was the wind, mun.

Aye, of course.

Corners on 18:54 - Nov 29 with 3268 viewsmarchamjack

corners are now a standing joke, Mrs MJ and I have that gallows humour about them, all that wasted energy running up to the box by the defenders and jostling...no point...no-one go up, just the corner taker and kick the ball politely over the goal line and then wait for the opposition to come at us, least all the defenders will be fresher not having had to run up and back down the pitch and be set in formation. I also think it would surprise the opposition too, unlike our actual corners which are no surprise to anyone.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Corners on 18:58 - Nov 29 with 3253 viewsjack247

The back four? I'd be more concerned that our strikers haven't scored for 3 months!
Corners on 18:59 - Nov 29 with 3247 viewsSwansNZ

Corners on 18:54 - Nov 29 by marchamjack

corners are now a standing joke, Mrs MJ and I have that gallows humour about them, all that wasted energy running up to the box by the defenders and jostling...no point...no-one go up, just the corner taker and kick the ball politely over the goal line and then wait for the opposition to come at us, least all the defenders will be fresher not having had to run up and back down the pitch and be set in formation. I also think it would surprise the opposition too, unlike our actual corners which are no surprise to anyone.

I have a cunning plan... The 4 defenders all stay back and send Fab up for corners. A different coloured shirt might cause all sorts of confusion and result in an own goal. That’s about the best we can hope for — worked against Spurs, albeit Fab was not actually up for that one.

Login to get fewer ads

Corners on 19:00 - Nov 29 with 3246 viewsWhiterockin

Corners on 18:54 - Nov 29 by marchamjack

Next time we have a corner, put one in the box and the rest 5 yds outside the area. Confuse the feck out of the opposition. Who knows it cant be any worse.
Corners on 19:49 - Nov 29 with 3181 viewsLoyal

How do people know we don't work on corners ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Corners on 19:52 - Nov 29 with 3177 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Corners on 19:49 - Nov 29 by Loyal

How do people know we don't work on corners ?

All that needs to be said is our last set piece headed gol was by Chico at anfield 2012/13 in the league cup

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Corners on 19:53 - Nov 29 with 3173 viewsJackarmy1711

I don't think i remember any time in the last 20 years that we have been good at corners, Maybe when big Den Lawrence used to get some goals but its never been a successful part of our game.

Poll: Should DYSS be banned from the forums?

Corners on 19:54 - Nov 29 with 3167 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Corners on 19:52 - Nov 29 by Brynmill_Jack

All that needs to be said is our last set piece headed gol was by Chico at anfield 2012/13 in the league cup

What I'm implying is that it's a waste of time sending any of our CB's up for them . They never get NEAR the ball

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Corners on 20:17 - Nov 29 with 3109 viewsLoyal

Maybe the players are too thick and not good enough to execute the long hours spent on them ?
Or maybe the coaching team and manager are not good enough ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Corners on 20:19 - Nov 29 with 3101 viewsicecoldjack

Maybe Garry will work even harder and start with them next week ??
Corners on 20:22 - Nov 29 with 3091 viewsPozuelosSideys

They may not be great, but look on the bright side, at least we arent doing that rediculous corner routine we used to do under Sousa

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Corners on 20:22 - Nov 29 with 3087 viewsawayjack

Corners on 19:54 - Nov 29 by Brynmill_Jack

What I'm implying is that it's a waste of time sending any of our CB's up for them . They never get NEAR the ball

It's not just not scoring, we've conceded 3 (maybe more?) from break aways from our corners / attacking set pieces, so maybe better off not sending defenders up. Ferds has come close a couple of times but Ash seems to get in the way more than create in the box and then struggles to get back. Don't bother crossing, play it short keep our shape.
Corners on 07:55 - Nov 30 with 2955 viewsangryjack

its not just corners its free kicks as well got no set piece moves like short ones or a free kick where its just either shoot or knock it in mixer no variety in our set pieces the coaches must have no idea what so ever,i played semi proffesianal 20 years ago and we worked on so many different free kick variations and a few corners,its just every time we get a corner its just put it in mixer and free kicks the same, or get a shot off coaches must have no idea
Corners on 08:14 - Nov 30 with 2936 viewsveng9

Oliveira against Newcastle was the last one and there has been others before that.
Corners on 09:27 - Nov 30 with 2890 viewsDyfnant

Pretty dull to have Shelvey or Siggy taking corners , they're the two we need at the edge of the box. Let Williams take the corners as its pointless him attacking them

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Corners on 09:30 - Nov 30 with 2889 viewscentrestandswan

Towards the end of the game we had a free kick over on the left and a few corners, the free kick was taken by a right footed player which ended up in the arms of the keeper and for the corners the same. Herbie was a postman perhaps he could deliver better crosses ?

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Corners on 09:47 - Nov 30 with 2871 viewsepaul

Corners on 18:41 - Nov 29 by SwansNZ

Yes they were woeful yesterday

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Corners on 10:05 - Nov 30 with 2848 viewsblaine_scfc

The only player who looks anything like capable of scoring from a corner is Fernandez, and he's fallen out of favour for whatever reason. I honestly don't see why Ash carried on going up for them, as much as I love Ash, he's a liability in the opposition box, couldn't score in a brothel.
Corners on 10:08 - Nov 30 with 2844 viewsjasper_T

Corners on 10:05 - Nov 30 by blaine_scfc

The only player who looks anything like capable of scoring from a corner is Fernandez, and he's fallen out of favour for whatever reason. I honestly don't see why Ash carried on going up for them, as much as I love Ash, he's a liability in the opposition box, couldn't score in a brothel.

Ash scores everywhere but a football pitch.
Corners on 11:46 - Nov 30 with 2787 viewsairedale

Someone told me that generally there is one goal scored every 47 corners taken.

On that basis, corner = best time to go to the toilet or put the kettle on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024