Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
World War 3 07:23 - Dec 1 with 12907 viewsLord_Bony

Does anyone else think we are close?

I've taken an interest in global politics for many years and I can honestly say that events in the middle east are now so serious and out of control,a thermo nuclear war is on the horizon.

It will probably escalate by Russia shooting down a NATO (Turkish) jet in retaliation for what happened last week. Their new anti aircraft systems have just rolled into Syria and are warning Turkey to keep out or they will fire as they are not invited there. Turkey has come back with a big screw you...

The stage is set folks for something big to unfold....very soon as tensions are high,all this just before we vote to send our forces in.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

World War 3 on 08:52 - Dec 1 with 6908 viewsCooperman

I think it's more likely that the G7 nations and a few others (maybe China and dare I say Russia eventually) will amalgamate their individual programmes to counteract the Middle East threat.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

World War 3 on 09:47 - Dec 1 with 6886 viewsdickythorpe

It's already started - just that the politicians havent told us
World War 3 on 09:48 - Dec 1 with 6885 viewsItchySphincter

World War 3 on 09:47 - Dec 1 by dickythorpe

It's already started - just that the politicians havent told us

I think that's fair comment. It's a different kind of war but it's definitely global. Sad times.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

World War 3 on 09:53 - Dec 1 with 6876 viewsLord_Bony

Meanwhile Russia deploys 150,000 troops into Syria to fight ISIS, a large number of them to be stationed on the border with Turkey.

Breaking news...Turkey has blockaded the Russian fleet from the Bosporus and Dardanelles effectively blocking it s movement in and out of the Black Sea as they have to sail past Istanbul.Turkey is ramping up its rhetoric and aggression it seems.

Turkish submarines have been patrolling near Russian warship Moskva and the straits of the Bosporus where a large number of Russian ships are stationary.

Looks like something ready to go down between Russia and Turkey...article 5 can be called on by Turkey to bring in NATO to help it .

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

World War 3 on 10:02 - Dec 1 with 6869 viewsPrivate_Partz

I think there is a danger of tensions increasing if more jets are downed but I cannot see this leading to nuclear war.
We do need to avoid the danger of escalation however and an agreed concerted plan for defeating Isis would be an excellent place to start. Russia doing its own thing and 12 other nations bombing Syria is a recipe for disaster and 'friendly fire' is bound to come about In such confusion. Hence I say we should stay well out of Syria at the moment. Also who would like to be the ground troops fighting under that lot rampaging through he skies? Be they 70,000 troops (Cameron's view) or just 700 (Galloway's) view.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

World War 3 on 10:13 - Dec 1 with 6855 viewsItchySphincter

Turkey needs to realise might is right in this situation with Russia. They are putting everyone at risk in as battle they can't possible win. They need to fall in line or be f*cked off.

World War 3 on 10:15 - Dec 1 with 6854 viewsLord_Bony

A few weeks ago I too would have thought common sense would prevail.

But things have changed recently,namely Turkey is flexing it s muscle as a major player in the region. They are still wiping out the Kurds, are in bed with ISIS and buying oil off them. They were not too pleased when the Russians blew up most of the supply trucks en route.

It is almost as if they are deliberately trying to provoke the Russians into fighting them...a dangerous game.

Lets hope this dies down over the next few weeks and does tn escalate...but lets not be complacent here on how wars start also..there is a risk of escalation especially if Russia or Turkey won t back down...

World War 3 on 10:32 - Dec 1 with 6823 viewswaynekerr55

World War 3 on 10:15 - Dec 1 by Lord_Bony

A few weeks ago I too would have thought common sense would prevail.

But things have changed recently,namely Turkey is flexing it s muscle as a major player in the region. They are still wiping out the Kurds, are in bed with ISIS and buying oil off them. They were not too pleased when the Russians blew up most of the supply trucks en route.

It is almost as if they are deliberately trying to provoke the Russians into fighting them...a dangerous game.

Lets hope this dies down over the next few weeks and does tn escalate...but lets not be complacent here on how wars start also..there is a risk of escalation especially if Russia or Turkey won t back down...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

World War 3 on 10:50 - Dec 1 with 6808 viewsLord_Bony

World War 3 on 11:00 - Dec 1 with 6794 viewsHighjack

I hope it doesn't go as far as nuclear war. It would be a lot more efficient and green to have a tidal or wind war.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

World War 3 on 12:17 - Dec 1 with 6747 viewsNookiejack

I watched 'Aftermath' currently on Sky Movies the other evening. It is about the aftermath of Nuclear war and basically no hope for humanity if one occurs.

Here's the Trailer.

http://www.sky.com/tv/movie/aftermath-2012-2012/video/aftermath-trailer
World War 3 on 12:28 - Dec 1 with 6728 viewspikeypaul

NATO will feck article 5 off if Turkey are seen to be the aggressor .

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

World War 3 on 12:38 - Dec 1 with 6709 viewsLord_Bony

World War 3 on 12:28 - Dec 1 by pikeypaul

NATO will feck article 5 off if Turkey are seen to be the aggressor .

The problem is nato has come out the last few days saying it fully supports turkey and it's decisions... An attack on one nato member is an attack on them all including America. That's the difficult situation we have here.

Turkish and Russian leaders won't back down from this.

World War 3 on 12:39 - Dec 1 with 6704 viewsJack_Kass

World War 3 started 14 years ago

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

World War 3 on 12:51 - Dec 1 with 6685 viewsItchySphincter

World War 3 on 11:00 - Dec 1 by Highjack

I hope it doesn't go as far as nuclear war. It would be a lot more efficient and green to have a tidal or wind war.

I might have challenge you on the accuracy of your assertion? To my mind nuclear is by far the more efficient.

World War 3 on 13:37 - Dec 1 with 6636 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Turkey needs to Be brought into line here .

Starting with leaving the Kurds alone .

This could kick off quite quickly & easily ,lets hope Obama steps in pretty sharpish

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

World War 3 on 14:51 - Dec 1 with 6593 viewsHighjack

World War 3 on 12:51 - Dec 1 by ItchySphincter

I might have challenge you on the accuracy of your assertion? To my mind nuclear is by far the more efficient.

No no. Water is denser than a nuclear explosion. If we pass water over them two times a day we will be victorious

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

World War 3 on 14:58 - Dec 1 with 6579 viewsDyfnant

World War 3 on 14:51 - Dec 1 by Highjack

No no. Water is denser than a nuclear explosion. If we pass water over them two times a day we will be victorious

We could have a prominent planet swans poster threaten to slash over them, they'd soon back off.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

World War 3 on 15:36 - Dec 1 with 6536 viewsjojaca

Even when you know, you never know?

World War 3 on 15:37 - Dec 1 with 6535 viewsNogginthenog

Turkey should be booted out of NATO for the downing of the jet firstly, secondly it is actively pursuing Islamisation of the country and thirdly is supportive of IS.

The complexity of the situation in Syria is such that one wrong move by one or more of the active players could escalate this into something dire.

My view is that RAF involvement in this war in Syria will make our streets less safe but Cameron seems to have a death wish, the same as previous leaders of Labour and Conservative. I think they treat us all with contempt which is nothing new really but when it could lead to a World war, involving us is utter folly.
World War 3 on 16:44 - Dec 1 with 6485 viewsRogerstone

Makes me laugh that the rebels in the Ukraine down an airliner and no one bats an eyelid. Who was backing the rebels?

"Gylfi's on fire, your defence is terrified!"

World War 3 on 17:30 - Dec 1 with 6434 viewsNeath_Jack

World War 3 on 10:50 - Dec 1 by Lord_Bony

What news agency is that? Sounds like some wacky conspiracy theorists channel.....

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

World War 3 on 19:28 - Dec 1 with 6367 viewsexiledclaseboy

World War 3 on 17:30 - Dec 1 by Neath_Jack

What news agency is that? Sounds like some wacky conspiracy theorists channel.....

Lord Bony posting a wacky conspiracy nutjob YouTube video? Surely not.

Poll: Tory leader

World War 3 on 19:52 - Dec 1 with 6343 viewswaynekerr55

World War 3 on 19:28 - Dec 1 by exiledclaseboy

Lord Bony posting a wacky conspiracy nutjob YouTube video? Surely not.

I can't believe he down arrowed my star wars x wing picture.

He's changed since becoming a MOD!

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

World War 3 on 20:29 - Dec 1 with 6316 viewsdgt73

Without doubt these are what the good book calls the "last days".....

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024