Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shelvey is a 16:16 - Jan 16 with 6745 viewsDarran

C*nt.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Shelvey is a on 17:15 - Jan 16 with 1250 viewsItchySphincter

Shelvey is a on 17:11 - Jan 16 by GeoffThom

Give it up guys nothing in it you can wish the worst all you want he'll do it before long but not this time

Well said Geoff.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Shelvey is a on 17:18 - Jan 16 with 1239 viewslondonlisa2001

Shelvey is a on 17:13 - Jan 16 by ItchySphincter

I won't he's annoyed in the slightest, I'm not even a Shelvey fan - just demonstrating how unlikely I think retro action will be.

The stream I was watching showed the reverse angle and it seemed blatant from that angle to be honest.
Shelvey is a on 17:20 - Jan 16 with 1223 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Shelvey is a on 17:18 - Jan 16 by londonlisa2001

The stream I was watching showed the reverse angle and it seemed blatant from that angle to be honest.

Same here, from behind the goal you can see the elbow action.
Shelvey is a on 17:23 - Jan 16 with 1182 viewsItchySphincter

Shelvey is a on 17:18 - Jan 16 by londonlisa2001

I haven't seen that but from the clip above it appears conclusive. Without the benefit of the other clip I can concede that it may be inconclusive but in that basis you have to give the benefit of the doubt to the player.

Like Geoff said, he'll screw up soon enough anyway.

Shelvey is a on 17:24 - Jan 16 with 1174 viewsmorningstar

Shelvey is a on 17:14 - Jan 16 by londonlisa2001

It's the final bit that is crucial, who we spend it on.

We haven't strengthened them, any more than they have strengthened us if we spend the money.

Ask yourself this. In our position, with our team and our players, if we had £12m to spend in this window, would you spend it on Shelvey? If the answer is no, and there is any other player available to us that would be a better use of the money, then we were right to get rid.

Now whether we actually do spend it is a different matter, and one that we should be focussing on.

Do You think we will spend it Lisa? Because i don't. Not for a minute.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Shelvey is a on 17:29 - Jan 16 with 1128 viewsCopperJack

Shelvey is a on 17:14 - Jan 16 by londonlisa2001

It's the final bit that is crucial, who we spend it on.

We haven't strengthened them, any more than they have strengthened us if we spend the money.

Ask yourself this. In our position, with our team and our players, if we had £12m to spend in this window, would you spend it on Shelvey? If the answer is no, and there is any other player available to us that would be a better use of the money, then we were right to get rid.

Now whether we actually do spend it is a different matter, and one that we should be focussing on.

I think we have strengthened them because, when he wants to be, he can be a real asset worth about 6/7 goals (like Siggy was for us in our first season).

I don't think we'll spend the money and if we do, it'll be on rubbish signings like Sinclair. I can't help feeling they're already planning for the championship and squirrelling away the money like we used to in the championship.

At the moment, I don't think we're better than Newcastle, Bournemouth or Norwich. That worries me.

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

Shelvey is a on 17:30 - Jan 16 with 1121 viewslondonlisa2001

Shelvey is a on 17:24 - Jan 16 by morningstar

Do You think we will spend it Lisa? Because i don't. Not for a minute.

Not really, no.

But that is what the problem is, not selling Shelvey who was a horribly disruptive influence around the club.

I would swap him for any player that we could get for £12m. The fact that we may well not do that is the actual concern.
Shelvey is a on 17:35 - Jan 16 with 1085 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Shelvey is a on 17:30 - Jan 16 by londonlisa2001

Not really, no.

But that is what the problem is, not selling Shelvey who was a horribly disruptive influence around the club.

I would swap him for any player that we could get for £12m. The fact that we may well not do that is the actual concern.

Well if they don't spend that £12M will likely cost the £160M unless our current players can really turn it on.
Login to get fewer ads

Shelvey is a on 17:37 - Jan 16 with 1071 viewslondonlisa2001

Shelvey is a on 17:35 - Jan 16 by A_Fans_Dad

Well if they don't spend that £12M will likely cost the £160M unless our current players can really turn it on.

I agree with you.

My opinion, for what it is worth, is that unless we bring in at least one front man, one wide / forward player and one midfielder we are going to go down.
Shelvey is a on 17:39 - Jan 16 with 1054 viewsbuilthjack

Dirty tw@t Shelvey, lucky to stay on

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Shelvey is a on 17:41 - Jan 16 with 1024 viewsmorningstar

Shelvey is a on 17:30 - Jan 16 by londonlisa2001

Not really, no.

Fact is we couldn't swap him for any other player for £12m, as any player who would command that sort of fee would not wish to come to us in the position we are in. We wont waste the money that's for sure. so we bank it, hold on for dear life and see where were are come May. If we can make it somehow then we can rebuild for next season, If not we restructure and go again.

Shelvey is a on 17:42 - Jan 16 with 1017 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Shelvey is a on 17:39 - Jan 16 by builthjack

Dirty tw@t Shelvey, lucky to stay on

What is the betting that MOTD do not show it?
Shelvey is a on 17:44 - Jan 16 with 1007 viewsdobjack2

Shelvey is a on 17:37 - Jan 16 by londonlisa2001

I agree with you.

My opinion, for what it is worth, is that unless we bring in at least one front man, one wide / forward player and one midfielder we are going to go down.

That's what we need but we also need quality. unless 2 are either loan or minimal fee players we will struggle to get all 3
Shelvey is a on 17:45 - Jan 16 with 1000 viewsFlashberryjack

Shelvey is a on 17:35 - Jan 16 by A_Fans_Dad

After reading the tweet from Leigh Dineen, it looks highly unlikely that the £12 million will wasted on any new players.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Shelvey is a on 17:45 - Jan 16 with 999 viewsItchySphincter

Shelvey is a on 17:42 - Jan 16 by A_Fans_Dad

Why would they?

Shelvey is a on 17:45 - Jan 16 with 968 viewslondonlisa2001

Shelvey is a on 17:41 - Jan 16 by morningstar

Fact is we couldn't swap him for any other player for £12m, as any player who would command that sort of fee would not wish to come to us in the position we are in. We wont waste the money that's for sure. so we bank it, hold on for dear life and see where were are come May. If we can make it somehow then we can rebuild for next season, If not we restructure and go again.

Yeah - I think players will go anywhere that pays them what they want, I really do.

And he went to Newcastle who were in a worse position than we are now when he signed for them. I know they're a 'big club' but never seems to stop people like Norwich, or West Brom, or Sunderland signing players.
Shelvey is a on 17:47 - Jan 16 with 957 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Shelvey is a on 17:45 - Jan 16 by ItchySphincter

Why would they?

Because during the game it was seen as very controversial that nothing was given.
But of course you didn't watch the game did you?
So why are you all over this thread naysaying those that did?
Or are you just being a WUM?
[Post edited 16 Jan 2016 17:49]
Shelvey is a on 17:53 - Jan 16 with 940 viewsbonymine

Shelvey is a on 17:42 - Jan 16 by A_Fans_Dad

Watched the whole game on a stream at home but also had Final Score on the main tv.

The most painful moment for me was when Chris Sutton was showering Shelvey with praise in the 2nd half and expressing his disbelief that 'Swansea had sold their best player to a relegation rival' to that resident BBC Blueturd Jason Mohammed whereupon Mohammed pipes up ;

'And now of course with Newcastle winning they have gone above Swansea City in the Premier league table.......let's go back to Molineux where Cardiff City are winning 3-1...'

Sick as a proverbial parrot.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2016 17:55]

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Shelvey is a on 17:55 - Jan 16 with 926 viewsmorningstar

Shelvey is a on 17:45 - Jan 16 by londonlisa2001

Yeah - I think players will go anywhere that pays them what they want, I really do.

And he went to Newcastle who were in a worse position than we are now when he signed for them. I know they're a 'big club' but never seems to stop people like Norwich, or West Brom, or Sunderland signing players.

You won't see them spending £12m on a player whilst they're in a similar position to us that's for sure. Buy hey, that's all hypothetical. The main crux of the situation to me is that we are stronger and £12m richer without Shelvey, and he will screw up, let's not make any bones about that. Newcastle? With Mr Shelveys history, he really couldn't have gone anywhere worse in the long run.

Shelvey is a on 18:26 - Jan 16 with 852 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Shelvey is a on 17:55 - Jan 16 by morningstar

You won't see them spending £12m on a player whilst they're in a similar position to us that's for sure. Buy hey, that's all hypothetical. The main crux of the situation to me is that we are stronger and £12m richer without Shelvey, and he will screw up, let's not make any bones about that. Newcastle? With Mr Shelveys history, he really couldn't have gone anywhere worse in the long run.

That is as it may be, but he has already helped them to get them out of the bottom 3.
Shelvey is a on 18:31 - Jan 16 with 818 viewsFlashberryjack

Shelvey is a on 18:26 - Jan 16 by A_Fans_Dad

That is as it may be, but he has already helped them to get them out of the bottom 3.

Until Monday........

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Shelvey is a on 18:32 - Jan 16 with 809 viewsraynor94

So what would you have honestly done with him, we couldn't have put up with any more performances like Palace and Oxford

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Shelvey is a on 18:35 - Jan 16 with 792 viewsItchySphincter

Shelvey is a on 17:47 - Jan 16 by A_Fans_Dad

Because during the game it was seen as very controversial that nothing was given.
But of course you didn't watch the game did you?
So why are you all over this thread naysaying those that did?
Or are you just being a WUM?
[Post edited 16 Jan 2016 17:49]

What's your problem? I'm commenting on the clip, are you saying I shouldn't? As it happens I did see the game although I didn't give it 100% attention, not on a stream either. I'm currently watching Villa v Leicester, is that okay with you?

Shelvey is a on 18:36 - Jan 16 with 777 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Shelvey is a on 18:32 - Jan 16 by raynor94

So what would you have honestly done with him, we couldn't have put up with any more performances like Palace and Oxford

Sold him for anything from £5M to £12M to any team not in the bottom 5 places.
I would even have sold him to the Championship at cut price to get rid of him, in fact if the club doesn't intend spending the whole £12m they might just as well have given him away for all the difference it would make.
Shelvey is a on 18:37 - Jan 16 with 769 views3swan

Or they might have won without him was it six without a win?

A win had to come sometime
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024