Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? 16:01 - Jan 27 with 39655 viewsSheffieldjack

Forza Italian Football are reporting our interest in Alberto Paloschi. This may well be a realistic option for us.

Premier League side Swansea City have joined the queue of Serie A sides eager to sign Chievo striker Alberto Paloschi.

The Swans recently appointed Francesco Guidolin as their new coach, and the former Udinese boss has reportedly expressed his desire to bring the 26-year-old to Wales in an attempt to improve the team’s scoring record as they have only found the net on 22 occasions in the 2015-16 season.

According to Sky Sport Italia, Swansea have increased their previous offer to €8 million plus €2m in bonuses in order to beat Atalanta, who have seen their bid of €7m plus €1m in bonuses rejected.

Sampdoria have also been linked to the player, as they could soon lose their forward Eder, with the likes of Leicester City and Inter keen on the Brazilian-born Italy international.

Paloschi has scored eight goals in 21 Serie A appearances so far, closing in on his 2013-2014 record of 13 league goals.
Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 14:39 - Jan 28 with 3572 viewslondonlisa2001

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 14:29 - Jan 28 by jasper_T

I follow Serie A. Have done for years. Seen more highlights of him than full games (because Chievo) but when the highlights video posted here starts with him fluffing a one on one well, that's tells a story on its own.

I've seen more of him than I had of Eder and I called that as a disaster (some credit there to my Portugese contacts admittedly ).

He's not a bad player but I wouldn't start him over Ayew, or even Routledge if we play the diamond system we have been with wide strikers. If the reported wage is accurate he'll be a good squad player, but the upfront fee is steep given our cashflow situation.

You need to get in touch with Guidolin then to let him know. He's obviously basing his decision on seeing this guy every single day for two seasons whereas he should have been looking at a youtube highlights reel.

The difference with Eder is that your Portugese contacts may well have known more about the player than Monk did - in fact, I'd bet on it. In this case, Guidolin knows the guy inside out so can't see why we could even compare the two situations.
Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 14:46 - Jan 28 with 3540 viewsjasper_T

Guidolin would be far from the first manager to sign a former player who ends up not quite up to the level of improving his new club.
Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 14:49 - Jan 28 with 3495 viewslondonlisa2001

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 14:46 - Jan 28 by jasper_T

Guidolin would be far from the first manager to sign a former player who ends up not quite up to the level of improving his new club.

Of course not - there are no guarantees, but it's as good a place to start as any other.
Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 14:52 - Jan 28 with 3483 viewsjasper_T

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 14:49 - Jan 28 by londonlisa2001

Of course not - there are no guarantees, but it's as good a place to start as any other.

Better than Dwight Gayle. At least that's something.

Good thing we've got the quality to stay up regardless.
Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 14:52 - Jan 28 with 3483 viewsThurrockJack92

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 13:25 - Jan 28 by jasper_T

£8m for an average at best player from a worse league than ours is just like £5m for an average at best player from a worse league than ours.

He's not good enough to start for us except in need.

Nonsense, we were never going to get someone with a prolific scoring record for a price the club could afford. Also, he has had an ok scoring record this season in a league that is generally much more defensive than our own.
Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 15:03 - Jan 28 with 3424 viewsjasper_T

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 14:52 - Jan 28 by ThurrockJack92

Nonsense, we were never going to get someone with a prolific scoring record for a price the club could afford. Also, he has had an ok scoring record this season in a league that is generally much more defensive than our own.

True ten/twenty years ago but these days there isn't much difference in the average goals per game between the big European leagues. 0.1 to 0.15 more in England than Italy, something like that.
Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 15:22 - Jan 28 with 3347 viewsFatherJack

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 14:29 - Jan 28 by jasper_T

I follow Serie A. Have done for years. Seen more highlights of him than full games (because Chievo) but when the highlights video posted here starts with him fluffing a one on one well, that's tells a story on its own.

I've seen more of him than I had of Eder and I called that as a disaster (some credit there to my Portugese contacts admittedly ).

He's not a bad player but I wouldn't start him over Ayew, or even Routledge if we play the diamond system we have been with wide strikers. If the reported wage is accurate he'll be a good squad player, but the upfront fee is steep given our cashflow situation.

Here's a video of Aguero fluffing a one on one, that tells a story on it's own. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want him anywhere near SCFC...

...or, maybe we shouldn't take just watching highlights as the full story. After all, a frightening number of so called professional pundits seemed to be under the impression that Shelvey was any good! Again, I'd defer judgement to the guy who managed said player for two years to decide whether he'd be able to do a job for us.

Poll: Who will be our first choice centre back pairing by the end of the season?

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 15:28 - Jan 28 with 3301 viewsjasper_T

The obvious difference is that video isn't a compilation of Aguero's best bits.
Login to get fewer ads

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 16:43 - Jan 28 with 3156 viewsDaggyjack

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 14:46 - Jan 28 by jasper_T

Glass half empty guy I take it?
Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 16:47 - Jan 28 with 3120 viewsDavillin

There's a player, as yet unidentified, who will be brought to Swansea in the Summer transfer window. He is not good enough.

Doesn't score enough goals. Someone who watched him come off the bench in an U-18 game says he passes the ball sideways.

He's also too short and needs to lose some weight, and muscle up.

Where in hellzapoppin' does Huw find these losers?

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 17:21 - Jan 28 with 3028 viewsSheffieldjack

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 16:47 - Jan 28 by Davillin

There's a player, as yet unidentified, who will be brought to Swansea in the Summer transfer window. He is not good enough.

Doesn't score enough goals. Someone who watched him come off the bench in an U-18 game says he passes the ball sideways.

He's also too short and needs to lose some weight, and muscle up.

Where in hellzapoppin' does Huw find these losers?

How come we know all this detail about him but he's still "unidentified"?
Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 17:22 - Jan 28 with 3016 viewsDavillin

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 17:21 - Jan 28 by Sheffieldjack

How come we know all this detail about him but he's still "unidentified"?

Congratulations, you got the point dead on!

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 17:25 - Jan 28 with 3012 viewsSheffieldjack

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 17:22 - Jan 28 by Davillin

Congratulations, you got the point dead on!

So, let us in on the secret then!
Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 17:28 - Jan 28 with 2995 viewsDavillin

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 17:25 - Jan 28 by Sheffieldjack

So, let us in on the secret then!

Oops!

Can I have been so wrong? You didn't get the point after all?

I'm disappointed. Your figuring it out for yourself will bring me joy.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2016 17:28]

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 17:31 - Jan 28 with 2985 viewsSheffieldjack

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 17:28 - Jan 28 by Davillin

Oops!

Can I have been so wrong? You didn't get the point after all?

I'm disappointed. Your figuring it out for yourself will bring me joy.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2016 17:28]

Aha! Got it!
Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 17:39 - Jan 28 with 2949 viewsmonmouth

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 16:43 - Jan 28 by Daggyjack

Glass half empty guy I take it?

If he was a real pessimist he'd have uttered those three little words.

Olly...Gonner...Solksjaer. He took loads of Mouldy players to the piggery.

Somehow, I reckon Guido's judgement is better. Not that many will wait to find out before making a judgement, obviously. I hope the guy scores in his first five minutes on the pitch or look out. Actually, scrub that, even that won't be enough for many.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2016 17:46]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 17:44 - Jan 28 with 2914 viewsSheffieldjack

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 17:39 - Jan 28 by monmouth

Somehow, I reckon Guido's judgement is better. Not that many will wait to find out before making a judgement, obviously. I hope the guy scores in his first five minutes on the pitch or look out. Actually, scrub that, even that won't be enough for many.

As far as improving the squad is concerned, it looks as if Paloschi needs to show that he's an improvement as compared with Gomis and/or Eder. I reckon that there's no way that Guidolin would have brought him in if that wouldn't be apparent fairly quickly. Let's hope therefore that Paloschi will be given some time to show his mettle.
Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 17:47 - Jan 28 with 2886 viewslondonlisa2001

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 17:39 - Jan 28 by monmouth

He scored within about 20 seconds of his debut for AC Milan.

We'd still have some on here saying ' I could have scored that', or 'he looks a bit sluggish to me, lucky he didn't have to move far to get the goal' or even more likely 'Gylfi did all the hard work".
Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 17:54 - Jan 28 with 2853 viewsGriffting

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 17:47 - Jan 28 by londonlisa2001

We'd still have some on here saying ' I could have scored that', or 'he looks a bit sluggish to me, lucky he didn't have to move far to get the goal' or even more likely 'Gylfi did all the hard work".

One thing i'm hoping for with this guy more than most things.. a good chemistry with Gylfi. Someone he can play those lovely 1-2s with would be nice.
Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 18:19 - Jan 28 with 2796 viewsSheffieldjack

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 17:54 - Jan 28 by Griffting

One thing i'm hoping for with this guy more than most things.. a good chemistry with Gylfi. Someone he can play those lovely 1-2s with would be nice.

And stay onside!
Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 18:31 - Jan 28 with 2725 viewsBenJ94

When is the deal expected to be complete?
Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 18:33 - Jan 28 with 2717 viewsSheffieldjack

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 18:31 - Jan 28 by BenJ94

When is the deal expected to be complete?

Sounds as if it's done bar the shouting ... oh! and the medical.
Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 18:40 - Jan 28 with 2686 viewsDaggyjack

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 17:47 - Jan 28 by londonlisa2001

I know Lisa, that's what I was thinking.
Unless he has a debut like Leon Knight, he'd better look out.
That's a good example actually....great debut, nightmare long term whereas
Wilfried Bony, slated by some for months but turned out to be a star for SCFC.

Not long now hopefully....sub for Tuesday night?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35425362
Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 20:08 - Jan 28 with 2559 viewsDavillin

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 17:31 - Jan 28 by Sheffieldjack

Aha! Got it!

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 23:18 - Jan 28 with 2357 viewsSheffieldjack

Alberto Paloschi - realistic prospect? on 18:40 - Jan 28 by Daggyjack

I know Lisa, that's what I was thinking.
Unless he has a debut like Leon Knight, he'd better look out.
That's a good example actually....great debut, nightmare long term whereas
Wilfried Bony, slated by some for months but turned out to be a star for SCFC.

Not long now hopefully....sub for Tuesday night?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35425362

I wonder what our forward options will be by Tuesday night? Interesting few days ahead especially the last minute scramble on Monday.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024