Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk on sky's goals on Sunday 10.30am 10:28 - Feb 7 with 3939 viewsdickythorpe

Hope he's ok.
Monk on sky's goals on Sunday 10.30am on 10:32 - Feb 7 with 2277 viewsWarwickHunt

Gissa job.
Monk on sky's goals on Sunday 10.30am on 10:35 - Feb 7 with 2269 viewsJonnyTheJack

Monk on sky's goals on Sunday 10.30am on 10:32 - Feb 7 by WarwickHunt

Gissa job.

He's also on Saturday Kitchen next week.
Monk on sky's goals on Sunday 10.30am on 10:37 - Feb 7 with 2261 viewsexiledclaseboy

His actual first words on the show were "for sure" and he went on to say the same four times in the first few minutes.

Still a legend. Will go on to have a decent managerial career.

Poll: Tory leader

Monk on sky's goals on Sunday 10.30am on 10:51 - Feb 7 with 2203 viewsPegojack

I've got a lot of time for Garry Monk and I'm sad that his managerial role with us didn't work out. He put in twelve years of stalwart service and played a huge part in us rising through the leagues.

I always remember on one of the Spanish tours about eight or nine years ago, we had just won the little three way tournament organised for the Swans and the two Spanish teams involved. There was a group of around a hundred Swans fans sitting on the concrete terrace of the Palamos stadium after the match, opposite the main stand, watching the sun go down.

The trophy (some perspex statue monstrosity of a dolphin if I remember correctly) had just been presented to Monk over the other side, in front of the fancy stand. He walked across the pitch to us to show us the trophy and spent about ten minutes there laughing and joking with us. He didn't have to do it, but clearly appreciated the support we'd given him and the team.

Top bloke. I don't feel sorry for him because he's now got more money than I will ever see, but I wish him well.
Monk on sky's goals on Sunday 10.30am on 10:53 - Feb 7 with 2186 viewsjojaca

Monk on sky's goals on Sunday 10.30am on 10:37 - Feb 7 by exiledclaseboy

His actual first words on the show were "for sure" and he went on to say the same four times in the first few minutes.

Needs to go to Eton for a week to practice his arm waving body language. He looks like he is jabbing the camera.

Even when you know, you never know?

Monk on sky's goals on Sunday 10.30am on 11:02 - Feb 7 with 2140 viewsWarwickHunt

Monk on sky's goals on Sunday 10.30am on 10:37 - Feb 7 by exiledclaseboy

Not in the PL, I'll wager.

Has "for sure" replaced "obviously" then?
Monk on sky's goals on Sunday 10.30am on 11:06 - Feb 7 with 2114 viewsDarran

Monk on sky's goals on Sunday 10.30am on 10:51 - Feb 7 by Pegojack

I've got a lot of time for Garry Monk and I'm sad that his managerial role with us didn't work out. He put in twelve years of stalwart service and played a huge part in us rising through the leagues.

I always remember on one of the Spanish tours about eight or nine years ago, we had just won the little three way tournament organised for the Swans and the two Spanish teams involved. There was a group of around a hundred Swans fans sitting on the concrete terrace of the Palamos stadium after the match, opposite the main stand, watching the sun go down.

The trophy (some perspex statue monstrosity of a dolphin if I remember correctly) had just been presented to Monk over the other side, in front of the fancy stand. He walked across the pitch to us to show us the trophy and spent about ten minutes there laughing and joking with us. He didn't have to do it, but clearly appreciated the support we'd given him and the team.

Top bloke. I don't feel sorry for him because he's now got more money than I will ever see, but I wish him well.

Lovely fella had some fantastic times with him he's an all time Swans legend.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Monk on sky's goals on Sunday 10.30am on 11:15 - Feb 7 with 2065 viewssherpajacob

Barry Horne says we should have had a penalty.

You can't get more stonewall than that.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Login to get fewer ads

Monk on sky's goals on Sunday 10.30am on 11:50 - Feb 7 with 1962 viewsDarran

I think he's speaking well anyway.

Monk on sky's goals on Sunday 10.30am on 11:50 - Feb 7 with 1955 viewsexiledclaseboy

Monk on sky's goals on Sunday 10.30am on 11:50 - Feb 7 by Darran

I think he's speaking well anyway.

For sure.

Poll: Tory leader

Monk on sky's goals on Sunday 10.30am on 11:54 - Feb 7 with 1936 viewsDarran

Monk on sky's goals on Sunday 10.30am on 11:50 - Feb 7 by exiledclaseboy

For sure.

Don't be a bitter c*nt like Warwick Andrew it doesn't suit you.

Monk on sky's goals on Sunday 10.30am on 12:03 - Feb 7 with 1900 viewsWarwickHunt

Monk on sky's goals on Sunday 10.30am on 11:54 - Feb 7 by Darran

Don't be a bitter c*nt like Warwick Andrew it doesn't suit you.

Who's Warwick Andrew?

Bitter?
Monk on sky's goals on Sunday 10.30am on 12:04 - Feb 7 with 1887 viewsDarran

Monk on sky's goals on Sunday 10.30am on 12:03 - Feb 7 by WarwickHunt

Who's Warwick Andrew?

Bitter?

Afternoon Philip.

Monk on sky's goals on Sunday 10.30am on 13:28 - Feb 7 with 1677 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Monk on sky's goals on Sunday 10.30am on 11:06 - Feb 7 by Darran

Lovely fella had some fantastic times with him he's an all time Swans legend.

I bet you got an autograph and all, didn't you!!!!!
Everyone destroying our club with his sh*t tactics and signings , he posed for a picture ! I'll have to learn to get my priorities right..........

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Monk on sky's goals on Sunday 10.30am on 14:02 - Feb 7 with 1608 viewsjojaca

Monk on sky's goals on Sunday 10.30am on 13:28 - Feb 7 by Brynmill_Jack

I bet you got an autograph and all, didn't you!!!!!
Everyone destroying our club with his sh*t tactics and signings , he posed for a picture ! I'll have to learn to get my priorities right..........

I felt we were going to turn the corner, sorry Garry I disagree. We were in bad shape and the worst football I have seen from us since the league 2 days. When he talked about his philosophies as a coach/manager, I got the impression did he over complicate things and looked into details to much and coached out the flair from an attacking side of our game with restricting freedoms of certain players.

Even when you know, you never know?

Monk on sky's goals on Sunday 10.30am on 14:04 - Feb 7 with 1598 viewsDarran

Monk on sky's goals on Sunday 10.30am on 14:02 - Feb 7 by jojaca

I felt we were going to turn the corner, sorry Garry I disagree. We were in bad shape and the worst football I have seen from us since the league 2 days. When he talked about his philosophies as a coach/manager, I got the impression did he over complicate things and looked into details to much and coached out the flair from an attacking side of our game with restricting freedoms of certain players.

I agree with you there mate the time was right.

Monk on sky's goals on Sunday 10.30am on 15:30 - Feb 7 with 1424 viewsCopaMundial

The fact that he tried to bring the premature end to Leon's career highlights what a football dinosaur he really is,legend ....never in a million years,a limited player who would have been off in a shot if a bigger club had come in for him.
Destroyed everything we ever were in his egotistical pursuit of trying to live up to the medias belief that he was a potential Emgland manager.
Monk on sky's goals on Sunday 10.30am on 15:33 - Feb 7 with 1409 viewsDarran

Monk on sky's goals on Sunday 10.30am on 15:30 - Feb 7 by CopaMundial

The fact that he tried to bring the premature end to Leon's career highlights what a football dinosaur he really is,legend ....never in a million years,a limited player who would have been off in a shot if a bigger club had come in for him.
Destroyed everything we ever were in his egotistical pursuit of trying to live up to the medias belief that he was a potential Emgland manager.

Of course he's a Swans legend you daft twàt.

Monk on sky's goals on Sunday 10.30am on 15:36 - Feb 7 with 1395 viewsCopaMundial

Never ever a legend in my opinion ok
Monk on sky's goals on Sunday 10.30am on 15:42 - Feb 7 with 1372 viewsDarran

Monk on sky's goals on Sunday 10.30am on 15:36 - Feb 7 by CopaMundial

Never ever a legend in my opinion ok

and you'd be very wrong.

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:43 - Feb 7 with 1363 viewsWarwickHunt

Monk on sky's goals on Sunday 10.30am on 15:33 - Feb 7 by Darran

Of course he's a Swans legend you daft twàt.

Swans legend = anyone who's had their picture taken with Darran.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2016 15:44]
(No subject) (n/t) on 15:47 - Feb 7 with 1345 viewsDarran

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:43 - Feb 7 by WarwickHunt

Swans legend = anyone who's had their picture taken with Darran.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2016 15:44]

and don't f*cking forget it.

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:50 - Feb 7 with 1325 viewsWarwickHunt

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:47 - Feb 7 by Darran

and don't f*cking forget it.

I won't - not even the journeymen who didn't get better offers...
Monk on sky's goals on Sunday 10.30am on 15:55 - Feb 7 with 1287 viewsWingstandwood

Yes indeed, Monk was a good loyal pro for SCFC and was a player in a day and age when many other players were nothing but complete and utter wasters for their clubs despite being blessed with God given talents e.g. Leon Knight etc.......But!...........Lets not forget Monk was lucky to have SCFC also!

He got well paid to play for a upcoming club that had a remarkable rise through the divisions whilst sharing some exhilarating career experiences and games along the way. If he had the bad-luck of going to another (the wrong!) club or two he might now be a vastly poorer semi-anonymous journeyman minus any Premier League experience(s).

BTW I and most sensible supporters?.....Were glad to see him sacked because SCFC were in freefall!.......Please do not over-hype Monk and call him a SCFC club legend i.e. Alan Curtis, Ivor Allchurch etc are SCFC legends

Argus!

Monk on sky's goals on Sunday 10.30am on 15:57 - Feb 7 with 1272 viewsDarran

Monk on sky's goals on Sunday 10.30am on 15:55 - Feb 7 by Wingstandwood

Yes indeed, Monk was a good loyal pro for SCFC and was a player in a day and age when many other players were nothing but complete and utter wasters for their clubs despite being blessed with God given talents e.g. Leon Knight etc.......But!...........Lets not forget Monk was lucky to have SCFC also!

He got well paid to play for a upcoming club that had a remarkable rise through the divisions whilst sharing some exhilarating career experiences and games along the way. If he had the bad-luck of going to another (the wrong!) club or two he might now be a vastly poorer semi-anonymous journeyman minus any Premier League experience(s).

BTW I and most sensible supporters?.....Were glad to see him sacked because SCFC were in freefall!.......Please do not over-hype Monk and call him a SCFC club legend i.e. Alan Curtis, Ivor Allchurch etc are SCFC legends

Utter bollox.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024