Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools 19:46 - Feb 7 with 18857 viewsPhil_S

Stephen Ganavas makes his Planet Swans debut with an article looking at our new manager

Full details at http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/41959
Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:42 - Feb 7 with 1544 viewsMarottanomics

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:39 - Feb 7 by exiledclaseboy

How many goals did Everton score?

It's not about this result in particular. It's about how relying on this type of luck to get results in the long run will prove extremely dangerous.

Stephen Ganavas - Follow me on Twitter @Marottanomics

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:42 - Feb 7 with 1543 viewsDarran

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:39 - Feb 7 by exiledclaseboy

How many goals did Everton score?

Now that's another thing,stats they get on my tits.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:43 - Feb 7 with 1533 viewsexiledclaseboy

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:42 - Feb 7 by Marottanomics

It's not about this result in particular. It's about how relying on this type of luck to get results in the long run will prove extremely dangerous.

I'm afraid my friend that it's all about results. Even more so when you're fifth from bottom with two thirds of the season gone.

Poll: Tory leader

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:44 - Feb 7 with 1525 viewsMarottanomics

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:42 - Feb 7 by Darran

Now that's another thing,stats they get on my tits.

Goals scored is the most basic stat there is, but you seemed to really like talking about goals.

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:44 - Feb 7 with 1516 viewslondonlisa2001

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:39 - Feb 7 by Darran

I was thinking about something like this reading the Ditch The Diamond thread earlier,people don't half over analyse things these days aye with their diamond Christmas tree with one in the hole bollox and all that.
It's a simple game just got out on the green stuff,play a bit of football,get the ball forward and stick it in the f*cking net.

One of the worst things that has come into football over the past few years is the obsession with stats, caused in the main by Opta and the increasing 'Americanisation' of our sports.

It's all about heat maps, and percentages. Those of us that have watched this game for ever can tell who is working out, who is not, and which team is actually on top and which is not. I don't give a stuff what the 'stats' say - we are playing a damn sight better than we were under Monk.

Give this bloke a chance for God's sake - he's been in for three matches, and has picked up 5 points.

If he carries on in that way we will stay up, and we can go from there.
Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:45 - Feb 7 with 1516 viewsjackjackjackjack

I can see some merit in those chances created maps. Here's the one for us vs Crystal Palace.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:45 - Feb 7 with 1516 viewsDavillin

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:40 - Feb 7 by VetchitBack

Are you trying to tell me we're not suited to high balls as that was my point?

Yes, among other things, which I expanded in my post because I thought they fit there.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:45 - Feb 7 with 1509 viewsDarran

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:44 - Feb 7 by londonlisa2001

One of the worst things that has come into football over the past few years is the obsession with stats, caused in the main by Opta and the increasing 'Americanisation' of our sports.

It's all about heat maps, and percentages. Those of us that have watched this game for ever can tell who is working out, who is not, and which team is actually on top and which is not. I don't give a stuff what the 'stats' say - we are playing a damn sight better than we were under Monk.

Give this bloke a chance for God's sake - he's been in for three matches, and has picked up 5 points.

If he carries on in that way we will stay up, and we can go from there.

Absolutely Lis.

Login to get fewer ads

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:45 - Feb 7 with 1502 viewsMarottanomics

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:43 - Feb 7 by exiledclaseboy

I'm afraid my friend that it's all about results. Even more so when you're fifth from bottom with two thirds of the season gone.

Put that performance up every game for the rest of the season and we'll get relegated. Then you can talk about results.

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:46 - Feb 7 with 1492 viewsMervyn

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:27 - Feb 7 by Marottanomics

Even if we'd snagged all 4 wins 1-0, the underlying issues still remained. If you look at expected goals maps from the Everton match you will understand the types of issues I am talking about, conceding way too many chances in danger zones central. Not helped by a tired and slow midfield.

Excuse me but what the f... you on about......so if we win a few more games and stay up unless the midfield speed up a bit and fabs keeps clean sheets, theres still likely to be far too many underlying issues for you.
Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:47 - Feb 7 with 1472 viewsexiledclaseboy

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:45 - Feb 7 by Marottanomics

Put that performance up every game for the rest of the season and we'll get relegated. Then you can talk about results.

Put that result up for every game for the rest of the season and we won't get relegated. Then you can talk about performances.

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:49 - Feb 7 with 1449 viewsMarottanomics

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:46 - Feb 7 by Mervyn

Excuse me but what the f... you on about......so if we win a few more games and stay up unless the midfield speed up a bit and fabs keeps clean sheets, theres still likely to be far too many underlying issues for you.

It's called regressing to the mean. Playing the way we have, the chances of us continuing to snag results like we've been getting is unlikely.

Sometimes wins can mask problems. While it's always nice to get the three points, doesn't mean you should ignore problems that you can see brewing under the surface.

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:50 - Feb 7 with 1443 viewsexiledclaseboy

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:49 - Feb 7 by Marottanomics

It's called regressing to the mean. Playing the way we have, the chances of us continuing to snag results like we've been getting is unlikely.

Sometimes wins can mask problems. While it's always nice to get the three points, doesn't mean you should ignore problems that you can see brewing under the surface.

Regressing to the mean?

What language is this?

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:51 - Feb 7 with 1427 viewsmonmouth

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:47 - Feb 7 by exiledclaseboy

Put that result up for every game for the rest of the season and we won't get relegated. Then you can talk about performances.

Good on you. I just wrote 'laughable' but couldn't even be bothered to press send as it was worse than that and I couldn't think of a word. Yours is far more eloquent.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:51 - Feb 7 with 1425 viewsMervyn

We,re on different planets im afraid
Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:51 - Feb 7 with 1233 viewsMarottanomics

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:47 - Feb 7 by exiledclaseboy

Yes, because affording your opposition 3 or 4 big chances in a central area in your penalty box while not creating anything yourself is a surefire way to earn premier league survival.

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:52 - Feb 7 with 1228 viewsJackfath

This isn't going to end well.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:52 - Feb 7 with 1224 viewsVetchitBack

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:45 - Feb 7 by Davillin

Yes, among other things, which I expanded in my post because I thought they fit there.

Thought so cheers

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:53 - Feb 7 with 1218 viewsHighjack

Welcome to PlanetSwans Steven.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:53 - Feb 7 with 1216 viewsBloodyhills

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 19:57 - Feb 7 by Dewi1jack

Not a bad read.
Personally I think he has the players capable of doing what he wants of them. It's just going to take a bit of time and patience.
I hope the Don and his Mob are here next season, it'll be interesting to see what sort of players he can bring in, to complement what he has.

Besides that, nearly all the tools have been shipped out to places like Newcastle and Leicester.

Edit.
I've read and re-read the article and if you delve through it, ignoring certain daft statements, there are some valid points made.
Speed read it and you may actually miss the daft statements 1st time
[Post edited 8 Feb 2016 8:09]

The biggest 'tool' has gone to Newcastle.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:53 - Feb 7 with 1216 viewslovejuicejack

The same people on here who are shouting you down are the ones who have been saying if we stay up this season we need a big rethink next season, but heyho just muddle along and scrape the points to stay up innit.
Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:54 - Feb 7 with 1206 viewsexiledclaseboy

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:51 - Feb 7 by Marottanomics

Yes, because affording your opposition 3 or 4 big chances in a central area in your penalty box while not creating anything yourself is a surefire way to earn premier league survival.

Mate it's a game of football. Sometimes the oppo get chances to score goals. Amazing concept I know but this isn't subbutteo.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2016 20:55]

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:54 - Feb 7 with 1206 viewsmonmouth

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:50 - Feb 7 by exiledclaseboy

Regressing to the mean?

What language is this?

It's FootyStattobollux.

Brentford rely entirely on it. Doing them proud it is. they can't even catch Cardiff who merely rely on FootyBollux.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:54 - Feb 7 with 1202 viewsMarottanomics

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:50 - Feb 7 by exiledclaseboy

Regressing to the mean?

What language is this?

In this context, it simply means that in the long run, if you played out that Everton game with the same chances, Swansea would not win many of the matches.

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:55 - Feb 7 with 1191 viewsDarran

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 20:54 - Feb 7 by Marottanomics

In this context, it simply means that in the long run, if you played out that Everton game with the same chances, Swansea would not win many of the matches.

They would if they scored more than the opposition.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2016 20:56]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024