Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bolton's Owner 21:30 - Feb 10 with 1461 viewsmax936

Has passed away at 63 after losing his battle with cancer, sad day for Bolton Wanderers and their fans.

RIP.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Bolton's Owner on 21:32 - Feb 10 with 1451 viewsJackfath

RIP Big Bolton fan.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Bolton's Owner on 21:32 - Feb 10 with 1451 viewsItchySphincter

Big Swans fan.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Bolton's Owner on 21:37 - Feb 10 with 1414 viewsmax936

Bolton's Owner on 21:32 - Feb 10 by ItchySphincter

Big Swans fan.

Perhaps Darren Pratley will come home now

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Bolton's Owner on 21:43 - Feb 10 with 1396 viewsTim_Harry

Is he the one who was keeping Bolton alive by not calling in the massive debts?

Genuine question. I don't know much about Bolton.
Bolton's Owner on 21:46 - Feb 10 with 1382 viewsDarran

Bolton's Owner on 21:43 - Feb 10 by Tim_Harry

Is he the one who was keeping Bolton alive by not calling in the massive debts?

Genuine question. I don't know much about Bolton.

No it's not but he is the one that wanted the PL to be a closed shop before we were in it.

RIP

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Bolton's Owner on 21:51 - Feb 10 with 1359 viewsTim_Harry

Bolton's Owner on 21:46 - Feb 10 by Darran

No it's not but he is the one that wanted the PL to be a closed shop before we were in it.

RIP

Ah... right.

Today was a sad day for him and Adam Johnson then.

Oh well... I'll get over it! :)
Bolton's Owner on 10:40 - Feb 11 with 1111 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I wonder if the debt died with him or will his relatives call it in????

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Bolton's Owner on 10:48 - Feb 11 with 1099 viewsNookiejack

Bolton's Owner on 10:40 - Feb 11 by Brynmill_Jack

I wonder if the debt died with him or will his relatives call it in????

I think Eddie Davies is the owner and Phil Gartside, who died was the Chairman.

Apparently Eddie Davies is currently looking to sell the club for £15million

'It costs £30million-a-year to run Bolton and lifelong supporter Davies wants to guarantee the club has enough funds to run until the end of the season — hence the demand for £15million (half-a-season) up front before he gives up control.
Beyond that, Isle of Man-based businessman Davies doesn't want any more money and is prepared to walk away having written off £185million of his personal fortune.

However, nobody has yet agreed to pay the asking price in one instalment and until that happens, the club's future remains uncertain.
Davies is not putting any more of his own money in, the players have not been paid for November and held talks with the PFA about it. Administration is a last resort if a buyer can't be found quickly.
Even so, Davies' desire to leave Wanderers does seem to represent a great opportunity. Besides the club, the new owners would also get the stadium, training ground, academy and hotel.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3349655/Bolton-Wanderers-avail
Login to get fewer ads

Bolton's Owner on 11:34 - Feb 11 with 1047 viewsDafyddHuw

Bolton's Owner on 21:46 - Feb 10 by Darran

RIP

Indeed. I can't imagine anybody connected with football not wanting promotion and/or relegation. Teams like ours wouldn't have had a look-in if he'd have had his way.

Now Man U/Inter are pushing for the same thing with the Champions League. We'll have a European super-league soon. Good. All will be fine for the first couple of seasons, then fans will realise that ir's far too expensive to be travelling around Europe every weekend, and we'll end up with the super-league playing to half-empty stadiums and te whole concept will disappear up it's own arse. And we'll be well rid of the Manchesters/Chavs/Arse and have more proper football teams in the Prem.
Bolton's Owner on 12:00 - Feb 11 with 1028 viewsjack247

Bolton's Owner on 11:34 - Feb 11 by DafyddHuw

Indeed. I can't imagine anybody connected with football not wanting promotion and/or relegation. Teams like ours wouldn't have had a look-in if he'd have had his way.

Now Man U/Inter are pushing for the same thing with the Champions League. We'll have a European super-league soon. Good. All will be fine for the first couple of seasons, then fans will realise that ir's far too expensive to be travelling around Europe every weekend, and we'll end up with the super-league playing to half-empty stadiums and te whole concept will disappear up it's own arse. And we'll be well rid of the Manchesters/Chavs/Arse and have more proper football teams in the Prem.

The Prem would go to the wall without those teams. They wouldn't be able to sell it worldwide without decimating it's cost. Same thing would happen to all the big European leagues. We would all be glorified versions of the SPL without Rangers and Celtic. I could honestly see places like China, USA and the Middle East really benefiting from that.

I think people would bore of Man Utd v Inter etc all the time anyway. The big games in the Chanpions League are still a semi-novelty, the demand would go pretty stale if they became run of the mill.

As much as I can understand the temptation, I can't see a Super League being long term sustainable and can't see it would be more profitable (for English teams) than being in the PL and CL.

Back on topic - RIP Phil Gartside.
Bolton's Owner on 12:21 - Feb 11 with 1001 viewsEdmundo

RIP Phil Gartside

I'm sure the situation with Bolton didn't help in his fight against this evil disease.

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Bolton's Owner on 13:41 - Feb 11 with 926 viewsymaohyd

Bolton's Owner on 12:21 - Feb 11 by Edmundo

RIP Phil Gartside

I'm sure the situation with Bolton didn't help in his fight against this evil disease.

Nice post.

I wish people wouldn't start these threads as the inevitable wise cracks and unnecessary comments made by the few spoil the kind words offered by the majority. I hate football fans on the whole, have absolutely no idea how to behave.

RIP

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024