Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crossing 17:51 - Feb 13 with 1073 viewsHighjack

Someone needs to get hold of our players, particularly our full backs and tell them to stop looking up and taking ages to get the ball in. Just head down and drill it in to a dangerous area, whipped and hard.

Every fu cking time we just look up to see who is in the box and give the defence plenty of time to get back and organised and expect the cross, before sinking it harmlessly.

Surely professional coaches can see what we are all seeing???

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Crossing on 17:53 - Feb 13 with 1056 viewsDr_Winston

The one where Leon? played an inch perfect ball for Taylor to cross in only for him to trap it, dither and eventually lose it for a Southampton throw in sums him and us up.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Crossing on 17:55 - Feb 13 with 1039 viewsKGriz16

Honestly, I've posted about this in another thread. I don't understand why we cross anyway, our attackers aren't exactly known for their aerial presence and our crossing is poor. Our corners don't pass the first man or cause any sort of alarm to the opposition. But Taylor always finds himself with the ball and puts in a terrible cross. Same with Rangel. Siggy's corners are poor.

S'ham had two CB's today who are strong in the air, and I can't understand why we thought Ayew or AP would beat either of them in the air. They dealt with every cross bar one comfortably.
Crossing on 17:56 - Feb 13 with 1030 viewsmidswan

admittedly Taylor did put some shockers in, but also delivered a couple of decent balls as did Routs, we just seem to have no one making a run/anticipating.
Crossing on 17:56 - Feb 13 with 1027 viewsjojaca

Crossing on 17:53 - Feb 13 by Dr_Winston

The one where Leon? played an inch perfect ball for Taylor to cross in only for him to trap it, dither and eventually lose it for a Southampton throw in sums him and us up.

Good point, Awful aspect of our game.

Even when you know, you never know?

Crossing on 17:56 - Feb 13 with 1022 viewsDafyddHuw

I don't think it really matters if we get crosses in early or not - there's just no goals in us.

Afer Crystal Palace kast week, I thought "If we can't beat this shower of shit at home, then what hope is there for us".

Good point well made Highjack, and maybe if we'd started 3 months ago then our crossing might be up to speed by now. But it looks like it's too late for us now.
Crossing on 17:57 - Feb 13 with 1021 viewsHighjack

You look at the best crossers in this league and none of them ever aim at anyone in particular they just whip it in between the keeper and defence. Just drill it in ffs.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Crossing on 17:58 - Feb 13 with 992 viewsmidswan

Crossing on 17:57 - Feb 13 by Highjack

You look at the best crossers in this league and none of them ever aim at anyone in particular they just whip it in between the keeper and defence. Just drill it in ffs.

Yep,look at Delefeou for the Scousers, doesnt beat the man just whips the ball in.
Crossing on 18:18 - Feb 13 with 922 viewsHighjack

Crossing on 17:58 - Feb 13 by midswan

Yep,look at Delefeou for the Scousers, doesnt beat the man just whips the ball in.

Exactly. When you do that defenders are worried about touching the ball in case it flies off their foot and into the top corner.

Login to get fewer ads

Crossing on 20:22 - Feb 13 with 783 viewstasmanianjack

Crossing on 17:55 - Feb 13 by KGriz16

Honestly, I've posted about this in another thread. I don't understand why we cross anyway, our attackers aren't exactly known for their aerial presence and our crossing is poor. Our corners don't pass the first man or cause any sort of alarm to the opposition. But Taylor always finds himself with the ball and puts in a terrible cross. Same with Rangel. Siggy's corners are poor.

S'ham had two CB's today who are strong in the air, and I can't understand why we thought Ayew or AP would beat either of them in the air. They dealt with every cross bar one comfortably.

Nail meet head.

Before kickoff crossing wasn't going be our path to a goal today given Southampton's height... it was even clearer after 20 minutes.
Crossing on 20:24 - Feb 13 with 769 viewsDr_Winston

Crossing on 20:22 - Feb 13 by tasmanianjack

Nail meet head.

Before kickoff crossing wasn't going be our path to a goal today given Southampton's height... it was even clearer after 20 minutes.

Crosses don't have to be at head height.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024