Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst away end I've been in to date... 23:24 - Mar 3 with 4542 viewsSE1_Jack

I often begrudge our fans finding something to moan about but notwithstanding how fantastic it was to see us win yesterday I have to say the away end was dire.

Granted it was obvious there was a lot of tourists and Arsenal fans in the away end which will happen if our regulars don't sell out an away game in London on a weeknight but you couldn't get a chant going last night for love nor money which just boggles my mind given what a result it was. Spurs away wasn't much better either.

Really hope the last two games aren't a sign of what our away support has become.
Worst away end I've been in to date... on 23:26 - Mar 3 with 3679 viewsHighjack

It was bouncing at West brom

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Worst away end I've been in to date... on 07:46 - Mar 4 with 3342 viewsbuilthjack

Bournemouth will be rocking next week

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Worst away end I've been in to date... on 08:05 - Mar 4 with 3298 viewsEdmundo

It was the same last season, 3000 on a week night......of course they weren't all Swansea fans.

And if was difficult to get anything going that night as well. Johny tourists and happy clappers will never create an atmosphere!

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Worst away end I've been in to date... on 08:13 - Mar 4 with 3275 viewsshandyjack

that was my 4th trip of the season away and atmosphere has been poor from us in all 4 (Norwich,Liverpool,Spurs,Arsenal). Hopefully Stoke will be better

Poll: Expectation for the season

Worst away end I've been in to date... on 08:16 - Mar 4 with 3268 viewsPrivate_Partz

Worst away end I've been in to date... on 08:05 - Mar 4 by Edmundo

It was the same last season, 3000 on a week night......of course they weren't all Swansea fans.

And if was difficult to get anything going that night as well. Johny tourists and happy clappers will never create an atmosphere!

Came over ok on my Cricfree stream. H and A could be heard regularly. The commentator said all you could hear were Swans supporters at the end. Maybe it was nerves.....

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Worst away end I've been in to date... on 08:43 - Mar 4 with 3199 viewsBatterseajack

It was far from bouncing in the away end against Spurs as well. I'd like to think we would have been better if both games were booze fuelled 3pm Saturday kick off.
Worst away end I've been in to date... on 09:16 - Mar 4 with 3124 viewsLoyal

I saw and heard nothing but jacks in the away end on Wednesday night.

And I am certain that non Swans fans wouldn't be sold tickets in any away end.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2016 9:18]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Worst away end I've been in to date... on 09:24 - Mar 4 with 3096 viewsshandyjack

Worst away end I've been in to date... on 09:16 - Mar 4 by Loyal

I saw and heard nothing but jacks in the away end on Wednesday night.

And I am certain that non Swans fans wouldn't be sold tickets in any away end.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2016 9:18]

oh there were plenty non swans fans there when we scored, hardly anyone around me offered more than a gentle clap, and the noise in away end of dreadful

Login to get fewer ads

Worst away end I've been in to date... on 09:35 - Mar 4 with 3073 viewsLoyal

Worst away end I've been in to date... on 09:24 - Mar 4 by shandyjack

oh there were plenty non swans fans there when we scored, hardly anyone around me offered more than a gentle clap, and the noise in away end of dreadful

Some people don't celebrate like others mate.

I've got a feeling the natural swans negativity is surfacing here as we can't believe 3,000 jacks can be at a midweek game after another away game in that London.

We are all different remember.

And I stand by the sale of tickets to non away fans in any game as being not only fantasy but not allowed. ( knowingly )

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Worst away end I've been in to date... on 09:39 - Mar 4 with 3061 viewsshandyjack

Worst away end I've been in to date... on 09:35 - Mar 4 by Loyal

I've got a feeling the natural swans negativity is surfacing here as we can't believe 3,000 jacks can be at a midweek game after another away game in that London.

And I stand by the sale of tickets to non away fans in any game as being not only fantasy but not allowed. ( knowingly )

yeah i get your point about the celebrating mate, but i definately saw a handful of fans with arsenal scarves on, wether they bought them because they were cold i don't know, but i would bet my life on non swans fans being in our end.

Worst away end I've been in to date... on 09:40 - Mar 4 with 3060 viewsLoyal

Worst away end I've been in to date... on 09:39 - Mar 4 by shandyjack

yeah i get your point about the celebrating mate, but i definately saw a handful of fans with arsenal scarves on, wether they bought them because they were cold i don't know, but i would bet my life on non swans fans being in our end.

I am Truely amazed that this is allowed to happen.

Worst away end I've been in to date... on 09:46 - Mar 4 with 3040 viewsmattjenkins1990

Worst away end I've been in to date... on 09:35 - Mar 4 by Loyal

i can tell you for a fact there were two arsenal fans in front of me. Lots of people bringing neutral friends too because of the Wednesday night KO.

Third time at the Emirates and second at White hart lane, both of which are the quietest i have heard the Swans.

I think some of it is down to our current situation. I can say towards the end when our tails were up the noise was back to what it has been in the past. Nerves perhaps

either way everyone was bouncing when that 2nd goal went in and when the whistle went

Poll: Would you welcome Investment

Worst away end I've been in to date... on 10:00 - Mar 4 with 3008 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Worst away end I've been in to date... on 09:46 - Mar 4 by mattjenkins1990

i can tell you for a fact there were two arsenal fans in front of me. Lots of people bringing neutral friends too because of the Wednesday night KO.

Third time at the Emirates and second at White hart lane, both of which are the quietest i have heard the Swans.

I think some of it is down to our current situation. I can say towards the end when our tails were up the noise was back to what it has been in the past. Nerves perhaps

either way everyone was bouncing when that 2nd goal went in and when the whistle went

That's a shame to hear ,away support has always been loud although you do get a lot of Swansea peole going to watch their team at man Utd , Liverpool ,arsenal etc .

I'd put it down to nerves & poor performance as the Liberty has been a Library lately .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Worst away end I've been in to date... on 10:06 - Mar 4 with 2989 viewsfelixstowe_jack

My fith visit to Arsenal and enjoyed the all. Maybe it is because we keeping winning. About 7/8 Dutch fans behind me I think they were supporting Fer and had got their tickets from one of the Directors. Made a lot of noise when Ash score nthought they need to learn the words of Hymms and Arias.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Worst away end I've been in to date... on 13:13 - Mar 4 with 2797 viewsjacksfullaces

Worst away end I've been in to date... on 08:43 - Mar 4 by Batterseajack

It was far from bouncing in the away end against Spurs as well. I'd like to think we would have been better if both games were booze fuelled 3pm Saturday kick off.

thought spurs was pretty good actually. some rousing renditions of pole in goal round by me as everyone got well worked up with fabs performance.

did notice more seemed to be happy to sit down than I have seen in an away match though if that is what you mean
Worst away end I've been in to date... on 14:55 - Mar 4 with 2664 viewsLeonisGod

Funny that. I didn't go, but last year there it was rocking in the section I was in. It may just be the luck of the draw who you end up sitting/standing next to.
Worst away end I've been in to date... on 15:05 - Mar 4 with 2642 viewssherpajacob

The home seats weren't sold out.
The biggest team in Europe's biggest city going for the title.
Something wrong somewhere

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Worst away end I've been in to date... on 15:09 - Mar 4 with 2631 viewsblaenaugwentjack

I was in the arsenal end, got a ticket thro a work contact. Was a very long 90 mins as I could not shout or sing, in fact when routs scored I got up and my work contact quickly pulled me down. I was in the north stand corner and the swans end did seem a little quiet than normal, although my daughter was in the away end and she said the singing was fine, although before we scored the arse fans were giving it the big one about going down, crapdiff in disguise ect.
Worst away end I've been in to date... on 15:25 - Mar 4 with 2597 viewsymaohyd

Perhaps people are growing in maturity and wish to enjoy and savour the game rather than chant ridiculous songs.

Grown men singing so and so's black and white army, always shit on the English side of the bridge, etc,etc.

Funniest thing I've read was several years ago now when Ricky Hatton was fighting Mayweather. The yanks were completely befuddled with the incessant chants of one Ricky Hatton....winter wonderland bla bla bla.

Is he a winter kind of guy? was the question posed in American papers. It dawned on me then how ridiculous chanting is.

The irony for me is the fact that many of our fans object to 'Hyms and Arias' being too rugby esq, then proceed to chant some ridiculous crap.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Worst away end I've been in to date... on 15:25 - Mar 4 with 2597 viewsEdmundo

Worst away end I've been in to date... on 09:24 - Mar 4 by shandyjack

Last time I was there, was hardly any celebration of goal around me and the Koreans (probably quite a few hundred) and guys who were evidently British, but did not move/clap or do anything in support of the team!

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Worst away end I've been in to date... on 15:35 - Mar 4 with 2575 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Worst away end I've been in to date... on 15:25 - Mar 4 by ymaohyd

Perhaps people are growing in maturity and wish to enjoy and savour the game rather than chant ridiculous songs.

Grown men singing so and so's black and white army, always shit on the English side of the bridge, etc,etc.

Funniest thing I've read was several years ago now when Ricky Hatton was fighting Mayweather. The yanks were completely befuddled with the incessant chants of one Ricky Hatton....winter wonderland bla bla bla.

Is he a winter kind of guy? was the question posed in American papers. It dawned on me then how ridiculous chanting is.

The irony for me is the fact that many of our fans object to 'Hyms and Arias' being too rugby esq, then proceed to chant some ridiculous crap.

The strange thing is my daughter told me that at the end of the game routs she think it was , gave his shirt to a swans fan and she clearly heard him say thanks for the support it means a lot to us.
Worst away end I've been in to date... on 15:51 - Mar 4 with 2548 viewsAl_Bundy

Think we have evolved to a point the away support and even the home support has got a bit bland and quiet embracing the global brand. Don't think its a Swansea problem.. a lot of prem clubs fans have said the same thing. Maybe it has something to do with the demographic of fans that follow the club now. In the lower leagues you never saw may kids or family groups going to matches especially away.. I remember going to places like Port Vale , Crewe or even Championship games where it was mainly working class lads would make up 90% of the support. There was a real unity and almost everybody sang their hearts out winning or mainly losing. The question will be if our support will revert back again if we become less successful as a club?
Worst away end I've been in to date... on 16:05 - Mar 4 with 2521 viewsbuilthjack

We need a few choir masters like Napoli had.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Worst away end I've been in to date... on 17:44 - Mar 4 with 2414 viewsshenleymun

Worst away end I've been in to date... on 15:35 - Mar 4 by blaenaugwentjack

The strange thing is my daughter told me that at the end of the game routs she think it was , gave his shirt to a swans fan and she clearly heard him say thanks for the support it means a lot to us.

Barrow I thought?

Ticket selling policy may explain why some areas were quiet. They were selling tickets for the blocks on the right hand side of our allocation first ie side of pitch not behind the goal), you couldn't get a ticket behind the goal even if you wanted one in the first week on sale. So if you bought your ticket later one then you will have been more likely to end up with all the tourists etc behind the goal.
Worst away end I've been in to date... on 18:00 - Mar 4 with 2384 viewsRancid

St.Andrews in the 80's was a real shithole of an away end as was Hull's Boothferry Park.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024