Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
They kept this quiet 10:24 - Mar 23 with 2620 viewsdougie

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/manchester-city-ticket-information-30125

5 pound discount for JA members .
They kept this quiet on 10:37 - Mar 23 with 2568 viewsfelixstowe_jack

They hardly kept it quiet they sent an email to all Jack Army members plus they put it on the NEWS section of their WEB site.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

They kept this quiet on 10:52 - Mar 23 with 2532 viewsicecoldjack

£45 quid for a ticket!! i draw the line at that sorry.

I'm sorry but something needs to be done about the costs of going to the football, its nothing short of disgraceful to expect normal family people to pay this kind of money.

The reason for lack of atmosphere is probably the fact people are too skint to enjoy a few drinks before or are worrying that their kids may want to break the bank and ask for a Hotdog/fries at half time!!

Football is going upside down at a rate of knots, the new TV deal should mean a maximum ticket price of £25 quid , all it will do is ensure that below average players will be earning minimum of 25k a week instead!
They kept this quiet on 11:02 - Mar 23 with 2500 viewsmonmouth

They kept this quiet on 10:52 - Mar 23 by icecoldjack

I'm sorry but something needs to be done about the costs of going to the football, its nothing short of disgraceful to expect normal family people to pay this kind of money.

The reason for lack of atmosphere is probably the fact people are too skint to enjoy a few drinks before or are worrying that their kids may want to break the bank and ask for a Hotdog/fries at half time!!

Football is going upside down at a rate of knots, the new TV deal should mean a maximum ticket price of £25 quid , all it will do is ensure that below average players will be earning minimum of 25k a week instead!

It's highly likely to be for a 'dead rubber' as well with all the players of both sides on the beach. Well I hope it bloody is for us anyway. Our last games of the season at home are generally dire.

Have to agree with you, that price is outrageous. Isn't there an uproar because City are charging that for PSG in the Champions League late stages (which seems more realistic)?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

They kept this quiet on 11:11 - Mar 23 with 2468 viewsicecoldjack

They kept this quiet on 11:02 - Mar 23 by monmouth

It's highly likely to be for a 'dead rubber' as well with all the players of both sides on the beach. Well I hope it bloody is for us anyway. Our last games of the season at home are generally dire.

Have to agree with you, that price is outrageous. Isn't there an uproar because City are charging that for PSG in the Champions League late stages (which seems more realistic)?

After the season we have had, i would be expecting the club to be giving something more,it could well still be a game where we need something, all the more reason to try and ensure a low price coupled with a great atmosphere.

Hopefully the game will be a dead rubber as you say, and as they tend to be tepid affairs its another reason to try and promote good will and make things as cheap as possible.

Commercially the club are thick as fook, plain and simple.
They kept this quiet on 11:26 - Mar 23 with 2431 viewsdougie

They kept this quiet on 11:11 - Mar 23 by icecoldjack

After the season we have had, i would be expecting the club to be giving something more,it could well still be a game where we need something, all the more reason to try and ensure a low price coupled with a great atmosphere.

Hopefully the game will be a dead rubber as you say, and as they tend to be tepid affairs its another reason to try and promote good will and make things as cheap as possible.

Commercially the club are thick as fook, plain and simple.

That makes every club in the premier league commercially thick as fook then :-). At least with ours they did discount tickets 4 times this season at home and 19 times away !
They kept this quiet on 11:49 - Mar 23 with 2377 viewsicecoldjack

They kept this quiet on 11:26 - Mar 23 by dougie

That makes every club in the premier league commercially thick as fook then :-). At least with ours they did discount tickets 4 times this season at home and 19 times away !

No, considering the social aspect and general lack of pay in South West Wales with businesses like TATA looking to shed 1000's of jobs and considering the board haven't covered themselves in Glory this season, an end of season potential dead rubber is a time to consider changing catagory status and giving a bit back. Not asking for £45 quid.

Other clubs are more fanatically supported and will always have enough paying customers,while plenty more teams will have plenty to play for in the last game.

To me £45 quid for what is normally a woeful end of season game is taking the p!ss.

Commercially, anyone with half a brain can see the potential of a serious concession to put a bit of gloss on what has been a poor season by our standards(providing we stay up)

Happy punters who feel they are treated well keep coming back, we are already seeing gaps in the stadium even though the offical attendance was 20,400.
They kept this quiet on 11:59 - Mar 23 with 2346 viewsdougie

They kept this quiet on 11:49 - Mar 23 by icecoldjack

No, considering the social aspect and general lack of pay in South West Wales with businesses like TATA looking to shed 1000's of jobs and considering the board haven't covered themselves in Glory this season, an end of season potential dead rubber is a time to consider changing catagory status and giving a bit back. Not asking for £45 quid.

Other clubs are more fanatically supported and will always have enough paying customers,while plenty more teams will have plenty to play for in the last game.

To me £45 quid for what is normally a woeful end of season game is taking the p!ss.

Commercially, anyone with half a brain can see the potential of a serious concession to put a bit of gloss on what has been a poor season by our standards(providing we stay up)

Happy punters who feel they are treated well keep coming back, we are already seeing gaps in the stadium even though the offical attendance was 20,400.

It may not be enough but that article says they discounted the tickets by a £5.
They kept this quiet on 12:01 - Mar 23 with 2339 viewssherpajacob

They kept this quiet on 11:02 - Mar 23 by monmouth

Hopefully the match will be irrelevant.

Can we ask them to put Newcastle v tottenham on the big screen

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Login to get fewer ads

They kept this quiet on 12:41 - Mar 23 with 2251 viewsicecoldjack

They kept this quiet on 11:59 - Mar 23 by dougie

It may not be enough but that article says they discounted the tickets by a £5.

Quite frankly,no, it isn't enough, my original point was that football(in the UK) is ripping off fans, not specifically a Swansea problem granted, but a club ran for the fans by the fans has more scope than most to change it!

Commercially we have a chance to use our ownership to shame others into following suit,once again putting us out there as a forward thinking club,if we did it im sure others would follow, after all everyone knows that ticket prices are more or less irrelevent with the TV money on offer in the Prem league.

We have prided ourselves these last 10 yrs on doing things differently, the longer we stay in this league the more disconnect we seem to have to what made us successful,on the pitch and off it

£45(40) a ticket is far to much money for most people in south west wales .

That just smacks of pure greed to me,especially in times of austerity.
They kept this quiet on 14:30 - Mar 23 with 2061 viewsLoyal

They kept this quiet on 10:52 - Mar 23 by icecoldjack

Absolutely spot on, I've decided to boycot this match and offer my season rocket for free to my neighbour who is struggling financially. The club should be aware this is just not on.

Demonstrate your disgust.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024