Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Safety does not look assured to me 16:59 - Mar 23 with 21362 viewsJacandme

There seems a concerning sigh of relief has been breathed around the club, but looking at the table I am not as convinced as everybody seems to be. I hope we are not relaxing too soon.

Newcastle and Sunderland have a game in hand over us. they win it and they are 7/8pts behind with 7 to play.

we have Leicester away, West Ham away, Man City home, Liverpool home, Chelsea home, Stoke away and Newcastle away.

we will be underdogs for every single one of those games.

Someone convince me I should be as relaxed as others...
Safety does not look assured to me on 17:02 - Mar 23 with 9062 viewsjack247

Newcastle and Sunderland need to win 4 out of their 8 games to overtake where we are now. They are both shit.
Safety does not look assured to me on 17:06 - Mar 23 with 9036 viewsSwanseaTID

We're more than capable of picking up points from those games. Guidolins approach/tactics in the Villa game were frustrating to watch, but it will get us over the line.
Safety does not look assured to me on 17:07 - Mar 23 with 9030 viewsJacandme

Safety does not look assured to me on 17:06 - Mar 23 by SwanseaTID

We're more than capable of picking up points from those games. Guidolins approach/tactics in the Villa game were frustrating to watch, but it will get us over the line.

How many more do you suggest we need?
Safety does not look assured to me on 17:07 - Mar 23 with 9028 viewsmonmouth

Their games in hand are against Man City and Everton. We are more likely to beat Chelsea or Leicester as they are to win those. They have won 6 games each ALL season. Now they need 4 out of 8.

Plus, they are both shit.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Safety does not look assured to me on 17:12 - Mar 23 with 9006 viewsicecoldjack

Totally agree.

when we are mathematically safe that's the time to be happy .
Leicseter ,Sunderland and Wigan were both dead and buried but escaped in the final weeks of the season ,people seem to forget this

I get the feeling the players have been carrying the same sense of falsehood for most of the season
Safety does not look assured to me on 17:21 - Mar 23 with 8972 viewsLoyal

This is a position I didn't think we would be in believing we were doomed because of the awful way the club has been run this season and the recruiting policy of players and management.

I'm happy we will get the one win we need.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Safety does not look assured to me on 17:27 - Mar 23 with 8954 viewsJacandme

Safety does not look assured to me on 17:12 - Mar 23 by icecoldjack

Totally agree.

Leicseter ,Sunderland and Wigan were both dead and buried but escaped in the final weeks of the season ,people seem to forget this

I get the feeling the players have been carrying the same sense of falsehood for most of the season

Teams at the bottom often go on runs of results when faced with the trap door. I genuinely think we could be in a bit of trouble unless we win another game. But I am not sure which game that will come from, with the way we are playing added to the sense of safety now, and the level opposition we face - there is a bit of work to do yet in my opinion.
Safety does not look assured to me on 17:28 - Mar 23 with 8951 viewsMrSwerve

Of course we aren't mathematically safe, but I feel a hell of a lot more confident now than I did before the Arsenal game.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Login to get fewer ads

Safety does not look assured to me on 17:31 - Mar 23 with 8934 viewsjasper_T

We're 100% completely safe.
Safety does not look assured to me on 17:34 - Mar 23 with 8921 viewsmonmouth

Safety does not look assured to me on 17:27 - Mar 23 by Jacandme

Teams at the bottom often go on runs of results when faced with the trap door. I genuinely think we could be in a bit of trouble unless we win another game. But I am not sure which game that will come from, with the way we are playing added to the sense of safety now, and the level opposition we face - there is a bit of work to do yet in my opinion.

It's been said before but it really is true. if you really believe this then get yourself to the bookies. 33-1 isn't it? Get yourself fully hedged. Otherwise accept the truth, we are at least 95%, probably 100%, safe and relax. I wouldn't bet 10p on us going down now.

Safety does not look assured to me on 17:40 - Mar 23 with 8902 viewsJacandme

Safety does not look assured to me on 17:34 - Mar 23 by monmouth

It's been said before but it really is true. if you really believe this then get yourself to the bookies. 33-1 isn't it? Get yourself fully hedged. Otherwise accept the truth, we are at least 95%, probably 100%, safe and relax. I wouldn't bet 10p on us going down now.

It could also be said that you could get yourself to the bookies and back us to stay up at 1-33. I would not be confident in doing that at all.
Safety does not look assured to me on 17:41 - Mar 23 with 8892 viewsEdmundo

Safety does not look assured to me on 17:06 - Mar 23 by SwanseaTID

If we can win at Arsenal away......who's to stay we can't beat or a draw with any of them......other than Leicester👍

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Safety does not look assured to me on 17:45 - Mar 23 with 8867 viewslondonlisa2001

Safety does not look assured to me on 17:12 - Mar 23 by icecoldjack

Totally agree.

The big difference this time ice cold is that two of them need to, not just one.
Safety does not look assured to me on 17:48 - Mar 23 with 8858 viewsmonmouth

Safety does not look assured to me on 17:40 - Mar 23 by Jacandme

It could also be said that you could get yourself to the bookies and back us to stay up at 1-33. I would not be confident in doing that at all.

Now that's just a silly statement isn't it. Is this just a WUM thread?

Safety does not look assured to me on 17:49 - Mar 23 with 8853 viewsSwanseaTID

Safety does not look assured to me on 17:07 - Mar 23 by Jacandme

How many more do you suggest we need?

1 win and hopefully a few draws to take us to 40 points.
Safety does not look assured to me on 17:51 - Mar 23 with 8843 viewsmonmouth

Safety does not look assured to me on 17:45 - Mar 23 by londonlisa2001

The big difference this time ice cold is that two of them need to, not just one.

Plus we need to lose the lot. I'm starting to doubt some people leave the house in case they get hit by a plane.

"Oooh I would go down Tesco's* Martha, but there's still a chance..."

* other rip off merchants are available

Safety does not look assured to me on 17:54 - Mar 23 with 8824 viewsJacandme

Safety does not look assured to me on 17:48 - Mar 23 by monmouth

Now that's just a silly statement isn't it. Is this just a WUM thread?

Eh? You can back us to stay up at 1-33. If you think we are 95-100% safe then how is that a silly suggestion in any way shape or form when you were the one who told me to do the exact same thing on the opposite outcome?

I am not saying I think we will go down, I am fully aware we have a great chance of staying up. But I am also aware that a good chance is all it is, we are not over the line yet and still in very real danger considering the run in we have, apparent relaxed mentality and historical trend of relegation threatened teams pulling off a string of results.

It seemed like the Villa game was the decider for many. its far from that for me.
Safety does not look assured to me on 17:56 - Mar 23 with 8807 viewslondonlisa2001

Safety does not look assured to me on 17:51 - Mar 23 by monmouth

Plus we need to lose the lot. I'm starting to doubt some people leave the house in case they get hit by a plane.

All of us are nervous I'm sure, but one thing is without doubt - if we were fans of Sunderland or Newcastle or Norwich, the ONLY team we'd think we could finish above would be one of the other two.
Safety does not look assured to me on 17:59 - Mar 23 with 8791 viewsJacandme

Safety does not look assured to me on 17:51 - Mar 23 by monmouth

No we don't need to lose the lot at all. For example - Sunderland and Newcastle win their games in hand they are then 7 and 8 points behind us respectively. At that point they would then need to win 3 more games than us in the next 7, less than that in Sunderlands case.

Who do you see wins coming against out of interest?
[Post edited 23 Mar 2016 18:00]
Safety does not look assured to me on 18:05 - Mar 23 with 8760 viewsjasper_T

Safety does not look assured to me on 17:59 - Mar 23 by Jacandme

No we don't need to lose the lot at all. For example - Sunderland and Newcastle win their games in hand they are then 7 and 8 points behind us respectively. At that point they would then need to win 3 more games than us in the next 7, less than that in Sunderlands case.

Sunderland and Newcastle aren't gonna win their games in hand and won't win 3 more games as well. Doomsaying at this point is ridiculous.
Safety does not look assured to me on 18:15 - Mar 23 with 8726 viewsJacandme

Safety does not look assured to me on 18:05 - Mar 23 by jasper_T

Sunderland and Newcastle aren't gonna win their games in hand and won't win 3 more games as well. Doomsaying at this point is ridiculous.

Well I have no idea how you can predict any team wont win in this league. Sunderland are more than capable of beating Everton.

It is also not Newcastle and Sunderland that both need to overtake us either, only one has to. Sunderland are more than capable of beating Everton, if they do, then Norwich, Sunderland and Palace are all within 7 points of us with 7 games to go. now look at our run in. All I am saying is - that scenario, which starts with a simple Sunderland win - is not comfortable at all.
Safety does not look assured to me on 18:16 - Mar 23 with 8721 viewsjasper_T

If you want to worry and panic I guess that's up to you but anyone with sense is going to have a relaxing end to the season after a few tough months.
Safety does not look assured to me on 18:20 - Mar 23 with 8706 viewsOldjack

I'll not rest until we're safe 1 win 1 draw should do it

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Safety does not look assured to me on 18:21 - Mar 23 with 8699 viewsmonmouth

Safety does not look assured to me on 17:59 - Mar 23 by Jacandme

I think we'll get points against Liverpool or Chelsea or Man City or Leicester or Stoke or maybe against Newcastle (who are absolute dogshit and will be virtually gone by then). I think we'll probably lose at West Ham...or maybe not.

Newcastle have 8 points from the last 10 games, Sunderland 11. We have 17. But of course that will just reverse and three teams will come surging up the table, despite all of them being utter shit.

I'd be surprised if Newcastle get 30 or Sunderland get 33 or Norwich get 35....and are you seriously asking why a 33-1 on bet isn't comparable to a 33-1 against bet in the context of the actual practicality of making the bet?

Why are you so determindly and stupidly against all odds so pessimistic? If it happened it would probably be the biggest anomaly ever in the premier league.

Safety does not look assured to me on 18:21 - Mar 23 with 8696 viewslondonlisa2001

Safety does not look assured to me on 18:15 - Mar 23 by Jacandme

Well I have no idea how you can predict any team wont win in this league. Sunderland are more than capable of beating Everton.

It is also not Newcastle and Sunderland that both need to overtake us either, only one has to. Sunderland are more than capable of beating Everton, if they do, then Norwich, Sunderland and Palace are all within 7 points of us with 7 games to go. now look at our run in. All I am saying is - that scenario, which starts with a simple Sunderland win - is not comfortable at all.

Can't see how Sunderland are more likely to beat Everton than we are to beat Stoke.

Also can't see why if they do Norwich will gain a point?

We are not mathematically safe which is why these things can happen, but two out of three crap teams (who are all playing each other) have to gain a lot of ground on us.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024