Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most 23:10 - Mar 23 with 19811 viewsMrSwerve

If you had to choose one, not necessarily because of a good result. Let's discount the championship playoff final as it's a bit of an obvious one. Same for the COC final.

Don't know why but the one that stands out for me is our 4-0 hammering by Kidderminster in 2002. Tuesday night game at the Verch, absolutely pissing down if I remember rightly. Put us joint bottom and was utterly depressing!

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 23:22 - Mar 23 with 7109 viewsshimmie

I was at that game. JJ melligan I think his name was was made to look like Pele by Neil sharp and co. Losing the streak as it were away at Cardiff stands out. Marshall had just made a wonder save then chopra (it had to be) went down the other end and scored the winner. I've never seen a set of fans go off the way they did that day. Conversely the 3-0 hammering we gave to them at the lib also stands out...

When we beat Leeds 3-0 in the championship was the first time I thought "f*ck. We're going up"
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 23:30 - Mar 23 with 7097 viewslonglostjack

Swans vs Spurs - Tommy Smith Jeremy Charles Ardiles floodlights

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 23:55 - Mar 23 with 7067 viewspikeypaul

Hartlepool 8-0

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 00:21 - Mar 24 with 7034 viewsLoyal

Wycombe away 1994.
Semi final 2nd leg autoglass trophy.

Mayhem. I was 17, went up in a mini bus. Mayhem.
Won the tie. mayhem.

Anyone remember the guys who ran on the pitch and laid down the Welsh flag.
Mayhem.

We had some boys back then. Mayhem.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 01:00 - Mar 24 with 7007 viewswhiterock

The boro beating us 5-0 with us the better side
Big feckers too, needed a step ladder
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 01:19 - Mar 24 with 6998 viewsicecoldjack

I never quite over us getting done at Wembley against Northampton I think 19,000 jacks knew the re taken free kick was going in
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 02:50 - Mar 24 with 6972 viewsSwansNZ

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 01:19 - Mar 24 by icecoldjack

I never quite over us getting done at Wembley against Northampton I think 19,000 jacks knew the re taken free kick was going in

Probably the lowest of feelings after a game, that one.

I’d rather remember the highs of Preston away in 81, followed by Leeds at home.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 05:52 - Mar 24 with 6933 viewsEdmundo

Portsmouth 0-2 Swansea Fa cup 2009.

Great win for a Championship side at a Premier League club and at their place👍

My sons is a full on Pompey fans....so a little bit of banter going on pre match!

This period seemed to be about when the real upward trajectory of the club took place.

When we were winning League 1 etc, I never actually thought, we'll be Prem League one day.

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Login to get fewer ads

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 06:08 - Mar 24 with 6927 viewscsf

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 00:21 - Mar 24 by Loyal

Wycombe away 1994.
Semi final 2nd leg autoglass trophy.

Mayhem. I was 17, went up in a mini bus. Mayhem.
Won the tie. mayhem.

Anyone remember the guys who ran on the pitch and laid down the Welsh flag.
Mayhem.

We had some boys back then. Mayhem.

I was in school at the time must have been 14. It was our first season in the football league, and for all I knew we had never come across things like pitch invasions etc, we were , to my knowledge just a friendly family club, so when people actually invaded the pitch it was a massive scandal!! I remember being shocked at the time. Couple of years later I was in the away end when the Swans beat us 1-0 at Adams Park and got a bit more of a flavour for the Jack Army!!

I think we were just chuffed to get that far, and we won the league playoff against Preston. Since then we've had promotions and relegations fa cup semi's against liverpool and league cup semi's against Chelse, but nothing comes close to that period for me.
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 06:59 - Mar 24 with 6886 viewsjack247

Exeter at home in the great escape season. I thought we were done. Can remember that more vividly than the Hull game, but then the Hull game was a blur of emotion and alcohol. Exeter was just horrible.
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 07:12 - Mar 24 with 6864 viewsmarchamjack

Oldham away, first game of season under Martinez, when we saw 'the Swansea Way' for the first time. We lost but our style of play was amazing. Never forger that, nor will anyone there that day I imagine.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 07:27 - Mar 24 with 6845 viewswestwiltsjack

Chesterfield at the V - we won 3-2 - Tosh scoring in the last few minutes (may have romanticised it a bit) and it was kin years ago. I think that was the game before we went to Plymouth and secured promotion with a 2-2 draw.
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 07:40 - Mar 24 with 6817 viewshydraulicjack

Has to be Preston away for me was up there 10.30 am and everywhere you went was rammed with black and white scarves we had 2/3rd of the ground that day about 11 k of us

********************TRUST NO-ONE************************

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 07:40 - Mar 24 with 6813 viewspencoedjack

Doncaster away when we won 4 - 0 (Friday night) knew we were going to get promoted even though it was only January.

Also the Basseys in the autoglass when we won in extra time (boy did it rain that night)
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 07:44 - Mar 24 with 6809 viewsepaul

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 07:27 - Mar 24 by westwiltsjack

Chesterfield at the V - we won 3-2 - Tosh scoring in the last few minutes (may have romanticised it a bit) and it was kin years ago. I think that was the game before we went to Plymouth and secured promotion with a 2-2 draw.

It was 2-1, Tosh came on as sub, remember his rising majestically to head the winner, at the end we were all on the pitch and they announced that Sheffield Wed had beaten Swindon and everyone going mental as it confirmed our promotion to Div 2

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 07:56 - Mar 24 with 6793 viewsploppy

Swansea 4-4 Stockport County, March 1977. I may have mis-remembered this, but I think we were 4-0 down.
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 08:03 - Mar 24 with 6786 viewsHubert

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 07:56 - Mar 24 by ploppy

Swansea 4-4 Stockport County, March 1977. I may have mis-remembered this, but I think we were 4-0 down.

Yup 4 down, and almost won it....a hazy memory now, but didn't George Smith have a 5th disallowed or cleared off the line ?

Bonkers days...similarly being 4-1 down at home to Rotherham (ex Swans legend Dai Gwyhter scoring a hat trick) and drawing 4 all, and the following Saturday beating Tranmere at home 4-3 having been 3-1 down , I think. When did we last score 4 in a league game ?
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 08:10 - Mar 24 with 6778 viewsshandyjack

Barnet away '99, my first ever away trip with the boys, we won 1-0, Jason Price winner

Poll: Expectation for the season

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 08:15 - Mar 24 with 6772 viewsblaine_scfc

Oxford at home on a Friday night on the survival season. Spoke to Martinez and Britton in the car park and wished them luck, Martinez replied in broken English "we'll need it". I'm sure he didn't mean it like that and it was lost in translation.

Score was 3-2, cant remember the scorers but I'm sure Nugent had the winner. Genuinely believed we had a chance of staying up after that.
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 08:38 - Mar 24 with 6741 viewssherpajacob

0-0 Bristol city to stay up, Jimmy rimmer keeping them out.

My first time on the North Bank

Not sure of the year, about 85 I think.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 08:49 - Mar 24 with 6729 viewsepaul

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 08:38 - Mar 24 by sherpajacob

0-0 Bristol city to stay up, Jimmy rimmer keeping them out.

My first time on the North Bank

Not sure of the year, about 85 I think.

It was i'd been at sea for a coup,e of weeks and had no idea of the score,, had to wait a week before I found out the result, we came alongside and I was straight off to the nearest payphone to ring home, to find out.

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 09:11 - Mar 24 with 6706 viewswestwiltsjack

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 08:03 - Mar 24 by Hubert

Yup 4 down, and almost won it....a hazy memory now, but didn't George Smith have a 5th disallowed or cleared off the line ?

Bonkers days...similarly being 4-1 down at home to Rotherham (ex Swans legend Dai Gwyhter scoring a hat trick) and drawing 4 all, and the following Saturday beating Tranmere at home 4-3 having been 3-1 down , I think. When did we last score 4 in a league game ?

Wasn't that the game where Alan Waddle scored the winner in the 27th minute of injury time?
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 09:13 - Mar 24 with 6701 viewswestwiltsjack

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 07:44 - Mar 24 by epaul

It was 2-1, Tosh came on as sub, remember his rising majestically to head the winner, at the end we were all on the pitch and they announced that Sheffield Wed had beaten Swindon and everyone going mental as it confirmed our promotion to Div 2

Yes - that's it.
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 09:14 - Mar 24 with 6700 viewstrefelinjack

Bury away 0-1. Forbes scored first minute followed by hundreds of Swansea fans running onto the pitch. Game nearly abandoned after mobile phone was thrown at the burys goalkeeper. Mass pitch invasion at the end and big willy getting arrested. Got promoted - what a day
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 09:21 - Mar 24 with 6665 viewsSwaneeRiver

Easter 1978 the weekend that boosted our promotion drive no end from the Fourth Division
Reading away won 4-1 (Friday), next day Bournemouth home won 1- 0, then on the Monday morning Torquay away won 4-2.
Absolutely brilliant - we seemed unbeatable at that point under Tosh.
Not so clever a few weeks later with 4 games to go and we lost to Grimbsy & Northampton (both away).
Nervous end to the season - Harry Griffiths dying on the Tuesday we were playing Scunthorpe then all came right against Halifax.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024