Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club 19:25 - Apr 9 with 42655 viewsSwansTrust

The Swansea City Supporters Trust has issued a statement regarding a potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club, which is described as imminent, according to stories in the media this evening.

http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2016/04/09/trust-statement-regarding-potential-takeo

www.swanstrust.co.uk

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 10:26 - Apr 10 with 2189 viewsMattG

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 10:08 - Apr 10 by MoscowJack

Good point about David Conn. He tweeted something about the deal this morning and the Trust's statement.

He's got a wide audience so could be VERY influential if/when the sh!t hits the fan.

Also, it will be interesting to know when Chris Wathan was warned of a pending announcement as he had a lot of info, in great detail, all ready to make public within seconds.

Wathan has also been noticeably quiet on all the managerial speculation. From memory, someone on here actually suggested he was aligning himself with the Club in order to get the scoop when it finally happened (although I'm not sure this was the scoop they had in mind).

On that basis, I can't see Wathan being much use from the Trust's perspective - not at this stage, in any case.
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 10:32 - Apr 10 with 2162 viewsAngelRangelQS

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 10:26 - Apr 10 by MattG

Wathan has also been noticeably quiet on all the managerial speculation. From memory, someone on here actually suggested he was aligning himself with the Club in order to get the scoop when it finally happened (although I'm not sure this was the scoop they had in mind).

On that basis, I can't see Wathan being much use from the Trust's perspective - not at this stage, in any case.

He's a hack. He'll get into bed with whoever he needs to to get a story
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 10:39 - Apr 10 with 2138 viewsjacabertawe

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 10:32 - Apr 10 by AngelRangelQS

He's a hack. He'll get into bed with whoever he needs to to get a story

Maybe, but he was up early this morning to make these valid points:
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-never-sam

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 10:49 - Apr 10 with 2099 viewsleighton1318

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:02 - Apr 9 by Phil_S

I'm going to try and answer as best as I can but on the odd occasion I will defer to our experts involved with us so I dont give a misleading answer.

Phil, is that to say the trust has a preemption right (you can match the price other buyers are offering) however difficult that would be in practice?

The current shareholders agreement dictates that we have to be offered any shares being put up for sale to buy. If we could match the price then we should be able to buy them.

Do you have something like a 30 day window in which, in theory , to do this? (Example - if buyer is paying HJ et al Β£5 per share can you and other existing shareholders pony up Β£5/share and cut the buyer out)?

I dont think there is a defined timeline in which we would have to do it. When we extended our shareholding to Β£200k we were given longer than other shareholders to raise that money

And what information rights if any do you have, in what I would call a bid situation like this?

I'm afraid I don't fully understand the question so if Uxbridge or jackonicko look in can I ask them to answer

Have you a right to tag along (sell to buyer on same terms) if Trust wants to do so?
At no point has it been expressed to us that we have and at no point today were we even told that our shares were included in the sale

Can a big majority of other shades drag the Trust into a sale (eg if shader agreement says 77% of shdrs are agreed on something can the other 23% be forced by the 77% to do the same)?

No

Not being awkward (though you may think I am) but these seem pretty salient questions, if you don't mind.

JUst the one that I may need to defer to someone else for an answer

You (the trust) can use the preemption right to buy just sufficient shares to get over 25% (assuming, of course, that a wealthy benefactor can be found....I realise not easy) and thereby secure a lot of useful blocking rights under company law.

Just need to find 4% of Β£100 million ...
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 10:59 - Apr 10 with 2076 viewsMattG

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 10:39 - Apr 10 by jacabertawe

Maybe, but he was up early this morning to make these valid points:
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-never-sam

Some valid, some horribly blinkered.

The "investors" want the Trust involved and yet exclude them from 3 months of discussions.

It still "remains to be seen" what the Trust think of this deal despite the Trust making a statement yesterday.

He is singing one song and one song only.
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 11:10 - Apr 10 with 2045 viewsmonmouth

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 10:59 - Apr 10 by MattG

Some valid, some horribly blinkered.

The "investors" want the Trust involved and yet exclude them from 3 months of discussions.

It still "remains to be seen" what the Trust think of this deal despite the Trust making a statement yesterday.

He is singing one song and one song only.

No journalistic investigation of the proposed purchasers and a wholesale justification and legitimisation for the current shareholders taking the money and running and remaining the good guys.

No one's saying that some change might not be for the best, or indeed essential now, but this stuff is a perfect example of all that is wrong with current reporting. Just repeating someones preferred spin.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 11:12 - Apr 10 with 2039 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The "voting" in wales on line is about 76% in favour of the takeover.
Which I must admit is a bit surprising, especially in view of the way the discussions have been conducted up until now.
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 11:13 - Apr 10 with 2031 viewsJoe_bradshaw

How many Cardiff fans have voted?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Login to get fewer ads

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 11:14 - Apr 10 with 2026 viewsmonmouth

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 11:13 - Apr 10 by Joe_bradshaw

How many Cardiff fans have voted?

All of them

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 11:15 - Apr 10 with 2019 viewsUxbridge

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 11:12 - Apr 10 by A_Fans_Dad

The "voting" in wales on line is about 76% in favour of the takeover.
Which I must admit is a bit surprising, especially in view of the way the discussions have been conducted up until now.

Not entirely surprising given the way it's been spun on that website.

I've lost all respect for wathan over the last 24 hours. He knows the Trust elements are untrue yet repeated this morning.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 11:16 - Apr 10 with 2015 viewsMattG

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 11:10 - Apr 10 by monmouth

No journalistic investigation of the proposed purchasers and a wholesale justification and legitimisation for the current shareholders taking the money and running and remaining the good guys.

No one's saying that some change might not be for the best, or indeed essential now, but this stuff is a perfect example of all that is wrong with current reporting. Just repeating someones preferred spin.

Absolutely - and the main reason for my earlier post that the Trust will need to be much more vocal and visible this time around. The timing of this and the way it has been pushed in the press over the last 24 hours has definitely put the Trust on the back foot.

Of course, it might be that these "investors" really do have the best interests of the Club at heart but I'll leave that to the Trust to decide.
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 11:17 - Apr 10 with 2007 viewsMattG

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 11:15 - Apr 10 by Uxbridge

Not entirely surprising given the way it's been spun on that website.

I've lost all respect for wathan over the last 24 hours. He knows the Trust elements are untrue yet repeated this morning.

This.

The Trust needs to be vocal and visible. I can't see Wathan helping in that regard so other avenues need to be considered.
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 11:19 - Apr 10 with 1991 viewsUxbridge

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 11:17 - Apr 10 by MattG

This.

The Trust needs to be vocal and visible. I can't see Wathan helping in that regard so other avenues need to be considered.

There'l be an online q&a at 6pm tonight. We're looking at the FB group and potentially Twitter. #swanstakeover

Other forums will be announced in due course.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 11:20 - Apr 10 with 1987 viewsmonmouth

I dot't do social meejah but cant he be called out on twitter or whatever and asked exactly what ux has asked. ie why he is repeating what he knowsto be untrue?

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 11:25 - Apr 10 with 1961 viewsMattG

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 11:20 - Apr 10 by monmouth

I dot't do social meejah but cant he be called out on twitter or whatever and asked exactly what ux has asked. ie why he is repeating what he knowsto be untrue?

I've done that this morning but no reply so far.

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 11:25 - Apr 10 with 1960 viewsMoscowJack

I saw this article almost as soon as it went online.

Within minutes it said that over 500 votes were made and 76% were in favour of this deal.

I really doubt that over 500 people had voted, if I'm honest. Not that quickly.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 11:29 - Apr 10 with 1931 viewsMattG

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 11:19 - Apr 10 by Uxbridge

There'l be an online q&a at 6pm tonight. We're looking at the FB group and potentially Twitter. #swanstakeover

Other forums will be announced in due course.

Good to hear - we all need to spread the word.
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 11:30 - Apr 10 with 1922 viewsjacabertawe

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 11:25 - Apr 10 by MattG

The page is being updated regularly. It will be interesting to see if comments from on here are taken into account.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-takeover-

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 11:32 - Apr 10 with 1909 viewsmonmouth

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 11:25 - Apr 10 by MattG

Excellent. Well done Emma! :)

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 11:46 - Apr 10 with 1868 viewsjacksfullaces

all is not well behind the scenes that is clear.

maybe now we can see why the eye has been taken off the footballing ball this season - and yes Huw, I'm talking about you here - even though it is you that keeps referring to this as important, it is obvious your mind has been elsewhere

I guess we have reached some sort of tipping point, where money is now becoming the priority - the question is , is that money for the good of the club or the good of individuals. One is assuming Trust v other shareholders lack of communication indicates one or two have made their decision.

press release a load of crap - you are always fed a load of nonsense positives at times like this, it is up to the Trust to expose the true motivations so we can get a sense of what is really going on.

Might be worth the Trust doing a bit of recruitment now? Guess times like this might encourage a few more to get involved.
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 11:54 - Apr 10 with 1854 viewsAngelRangelQS

I wonder if all the other shareholders are selling all their shares.

This 25% figure, do they need to be owned by the same person/entity or could the trust with their 21% along with Jenkins, Dineen, Morgan etc (say they retained 1% each) vote with the trust to defeat any motion to dilute shares?
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 11:59 - Apr 10 with 1843 viewsDafyddHuw

What reason(s) have any of the board given you for the negotiations in secret, Phil?
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 11:59 - Apr 10 with 1834 viewsWatchman

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 09:56 - Apr 10 by MoscowJack

This is all incredible. How could some shareholders get this far into a deal without involving the No.1, No.2 and No.3 shareholders? Incredible.

The good news is that no deal will happen without those shareholders agreeing to it, which makes be think that the press release yesterday was more of an attempt to force the hand of the Trust (and others) to back them into a corner.

I was fuming when I went to bed last night and I'm fuming again this morning. After a superb win over Chelsea and reaching 40 points we should all be celebrating.

If anyone has questioned the importance of the Trust in recent years, THIS is exactly what we need the Trust for.

Agree Nick I tweeted to the club last night could it be possible for me to enjoy at least one evening after a game! Completely spoilt the day yesterday

Almost bouncing people into it not good not good at all

I just wish they ( the individuals looking to sell / move on ..) would be man enough to talk publicly about it

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 12:01 - Apr 10 with 1830 viewsBigPhilG

Leigh Dineen and JVZ are usually very active in Twitter but not a peep out if either of them since this news broke. How strange
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 12:08 - Apr 10 with 1806 viewsDafyddHuw

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 20:50 - Apr 9 by morningstar

Mr & Mrs Martin Morgan - 23.7%
Swansea City Supporters Society Ltd - 21.1%
Huw Jenkins - 13.2%
Brian Katzen - 10.5%
Jeffrey Crevoiserat - 10.5%
Robert Davies - 10.5%

It does seem strange that the two biggest shareholders (at least) were the last to know about this 'takeover' yet the investors will have a majority shareholding!

So who owns the other 10.5%?

If the Trust and MM were kept in the dark, then the total of the other shares above only add up to 44.7%, which wouldn't give them a majority.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2016 12:11]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024