Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guidolin's approach 09:50 - Apr 15 with 3555 viewsDr_Winston

Seems to be confirmation that the last three months has been safety first, fun second and now that the pressure is off we'll start to attack a bit more.

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Francesco-Guidolin-wants-Swansea-City-tu

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Guidolin's approach on 10:24 - Apr 15 with 2945 viewsTom1912

I’m not sure how we’d do with him long term but as a short term solution he’s been a very astute appointment. He clearly knows how to organise his side and get results which is exactly what we needed when he arrived.
Guidolin's approach on 10:31 - Apr 15 with 2922 viewslifelong

I would like to see him remain here.
Guidolin's approach on 10:55 - Apr 15 with 2854 viewsDr_Winston

Guidolin's approach on 10:31 - Apr 15 by lifelong

I would like to see him remain here.

I don't think he will, but the last five games might swing it back his way.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Guidolin's approach on 10:59 - Apr 15 with 2838 viewslifelong

Guidolin's approach on 10:55 - Apr 15 by Dr_Winston

I agree, a few more performances like that against Chelsea and we would be silly to let him go.
Guidolin's approach on 11:04 - Apr 15 with 2819 viewsjackjackjackjack

I can see him going to Watford.

And if he doesn't get a job at the start of the season, he'll be in demand when the sacking season starts.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Guidolin's approach on 11:16 - Apr 15 with 2788 viewsjack247

Guidolin's approach on 10:55 - Apr 15 by Dr_Winston

I think it's very much in his favour already. Health issues aside, he has done everything asked of him and more. People wanting us to go straight back to Laudrup football, with a team in serious relegation danger and shot of confidence were misguided at best.

His reputation suggests he plays reasonably attractive and productive football. He has a history of developing players and the recent improvement in Monteros all round game, off the back of newspaper articles telling us what Montero had to do to get his place back are great evidence of that. I hope he makes Ayew his next project and irons out the kinks in his game without losing the effectiveness.

Change of ownership may mean a change of manager and if the likes of Bielsa and Sampaoli are genuinely available it becomes more of a decision, we don't owe him anything after all. We certainly shouldn't be letting him go and replacing him with a run of the mill PL manager though.
Guidolin's approach on 11:16 - Apr 15 with 2788 viewsSwanseaTID

Guidolin's approach on 11:04 - Apr 15 by jackjackjackjack

I can see him going to Watford.

And if he doesn't get a job at the start of the season, he'll be in demand when the sacking season starts.

And of course there's a vacancy with the Italy national team, not sure where he is in the running though.
Guidolin's approach on 11:23 - Apr 15 with 2767 viewsDr_Winston

Guidolin's approach on 11:16 - Apr 15 by jack247

I think it's very much in his favour already. Health issues aside, he has done everything asked of him and more. People wanting us to go straight back to Laudrup football, with a team in serious relegation danger and shot of confidence were misguided at best.

His reputation suggests he plays reasonably attractive and productive football. He has a history of developing players and the recent improvement in Monteros all round game, off the back of newspaper articles telling us what Montero had to do to get his place back are great evidence of that. I hope he makes Ayew his next project and irons out the kinks in his game without losing the effectiveness.

Change of ownership may mean a change of manager and if the likes of Bielsa and Sampaoli are genuinely available it becomes more of a decision, we don't owe him anything after all. We certainly shouldn't be letting him go and replacing him with a run of the mill PL manager though.

Do you think a change of ownership might make a return for Rodgers more likely? Huw's going to be short enough of friends at the club as it is. Having a manager he already has a strong working relationship with would make his job easier.

I'm just playing Devil's Advocate here. I like Guidolin and as you know agree with you on the methods he utilised whilst survival was still in doubt. I've just never been convinced that the club see him as the long term option.

Login to get fewer ads

Guidolin's approach on 11:31 - Apr 15 with 2753 viewsjack247

Guidolin's approach on 11:23 - Apr 15 by Dr_Winston

Do you think a change of ownership might make a return for Rodgers more likely? Huw's going to be short enough of friends at the club as it is. Having a manager he already has a strong working relationship with would make his job easier.

I'm just playing Devil's Advocate here. I like Guidolin and as you know agree with you on the methods he utilised whilst survival was still in doubt. I've just never been convinced that the club see him as the long term option.

I'm just giving my view on it, I don't know how the club are looking at it. Initially, I think he probably was brought in as a stop gap, but I feel he has shown more than enough to merit an extension.

I can certainly see your logic in Huw wanting to bring Rodgers back. On the other side of the same coin, I'd guess that also makes it less likely he will go for a combustible personality like Bielsa?

I'm still open to be persuaded and if we either lose the remaining 5 games or play the way we did against Villa, I' wouldn't oppose a change. I expect though he will set us up a bit more offensively, but still keep us reasonably difficult to breakdown and we will pick up points. The Montero thing is a massive positive for me, I know it's only a game and a half, but the change in him was staggering. If that's what Guifollin can do, we may be able to save ourselves fortunes in the transfer market.
Guidolin's approach on 11:42 - Apr 15 with 2727 viewsDr_Winston

I'd be very surprised if Bielsa was ever seriously considered.

Guidolin's approach on 13:25 - Apr 15 with 2501 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Hola!

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Guidolin's approach on 13:40 - Apr 15 with 2448 viewssomersetsimon

Guidolin's approach on 11:16 - Apr 15 by jack247

Not sure why you think a change of ownership would mean a change of manager?
Guidolin's approach on 13:49 - Apr 15 with 2425 viewsjack247

Guidolin's approach on 13:40 - Apr 15 by somersetsimon

Not sure why you think a change of ownership would mean a change of manager?

It doesn't. It just means uncertainty. We have no idea if these guys are going to want to keep the status quo or bring their own man in. I'd say a club under new ownership are more likely to change manager than one with no changes at boardroom level, all else being equal.
Guidolin's approach on 14:29 - Apr 15 with 2364 viewslondonlisa2001

Guidolin's approach on 11:42 - Apr 15 by Dr_Winston

I'd be very surprised if Bielsa was ever seriously considered.

Makes you wonder doesn't it.

Someone said to me ages ago 'what makes you think they were in South America'. At the time I laughed it off a bit. But now...
Guidolin's approach on 14:37 - Apr 15 with 2343 viewsDafyddHuw

Guidolin's approach on 11:23 - Apr 15 by Dr_Winston

Agree with this post. Just a shame he's only got 5 games for us to properly judge him on, now that the shackles are off.
Guidolin's approach on 14:40 - Apr 15 with 2334 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Guidolin's approach on 13:49 - Apr 15 by jack247

It doesn't. It just means uncertainty. We have no idea if these guys are going to want to keep the status quo or bring their own man in. I'd say a club under new ownership are more likely to change manager than one with no changes at boardroom level, all else being equal.

Yes, that is one sure way to really mess up the footballing Quality, yet another manager change, so unless they have someone available with Prem experience they would be taking a big chance.
Afterall they do not want to produce another GM drop in performance, or do they?
Guidolin's approach on 14:50 - Apr 15 with 2312 viewsjasper_T

Guidolin's approach on 13:49 - Apr 15 by jack247

They don't have their own man. They're not football people.
Guidolin's approach on 15:38 - Apr 15 with 2242 viewsjack247

Guidolin's approach on 14:40 - Apr 15 by A_Fans_Dad

Yes, that is one sure way to really mess up the footballing Quality, yet another manager change, so unless they have someone available with Prem experience they would be taking a big chance.
Afterall they do not want to produce another GM drop in performance, or do they?

I certainly wouldn't want to see a change. I think Guidollin has done a great job. I do think there is more uncertainty with new owners thiough.
Guidolin's approach on 15:44 - Apr 15 with 2225 viewsjack247

Guidolin's approach on 14:50 - Apr 15 by jasper_T

They don't have their own man. They're not football people.

One of them already part owns DC United. It's not unrealised to think they may have done a bit of research.

Most owners at this level aren't 'football people'.
Guidolin's approach on 16:06 - Apr 15 with 2182 viewslonglostjack

Guidolin's approach on 15:38 - Apr 15 by jack247

I certainly wouldn't want to see a change. I think Guidollin has done a great job. I do think there is more uncertainty with new owners thiough.

I couldn't agree more. Why on earth bring a new manager in ? I'm sure I remember him saying at the beginning that he saw us as a long term project or words to that effect. His only signing so far, Paloschi, seems to be finding his feet and I'm sure he has some excellent contacts in Italy to bring in some great players.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Guidolin's approach on 17:26 - Apr 15 with 2081 viewsOldjack

I've been saying all along you've not seen the best of this guy ,he also said in his last tv speech theses last couple of months it's been backs to the wall to scrape those points together and that's not really his style .We'd be mad not to give him his chance now he's proved he can handle the ugly side if needs be

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Guidolin's approach on 17:31 - Apr 15 with 2074 viewsjackforever

Guidolin's approach on 14:37 - Apr 15 by DafyddHuw

Agree with this post. Just a shame he's only got 5 games for us to properly judge him on, now that the shackles are off.

Id rather judge him on the games the pressure was on. Our points per game ratio under him has been excellent. No idea what else he needs to do. Hes done a great job
Guidolin's approach on 18:44 - Apr 15 with 1969 viewsjackrabbit

Guidolin's approach on 17:26 - Apr 15 by Oldjack

I've been saying all along you've not seen the best of this guy ,he also said in his last tv speech theses last couple of months it's been backs to the wall to scrape those points together and that's not really his style .We'd be mad not to give him his chance now he's proved he can handle the ugly side if needs be

Totally agree. He's won me around. I was dead against him after the lopsided team he put out against Villa, but I later put it down to his learning curve. The guy's hardly arrived, suffered a serious health knockback and had to master a new language - he is entitled to the odd mistake. Since then, I've been impressed by his flexibility and his dignity. I imagine he is well respected by the players. I'm also impressed by his balls in taking on televised press conferences in a language he has hardly started to speak. Remember Maurice Pochettino in Southampton? He couldn't speak English at all. Now he's sounding fluent and he hasn't done too badly professionally has he? Expect the same from Francesco. I think he could do a great job for us in the transfer market - Paloschi is a good start. He must have some excellent contacts in Serie A and I could see us making some exciting signings if he stays. I find it especially endearing when he constantly refers to 'my team' and 'my players'. His wife likes Swansea and he seems to have taken to it himself like a duck to rain. He can't be far off being classed as a Jack Bastard! To me, he looks the best option. I really don't see Bielsa or Sampaoli being interested in little old Swansea. Rodgers? I was his biggest fan, but as with holiday resorts, I'm not sure it's a good thing to go back.
Guidolin's approach on 18:55 - Apr 15 with 1944 viewsjack247

Glad to see a lot of sense on this thread. I can see Dr.s point about Rodgers being a big ally for Jenkins and may be a bargaining chip if we want to tempt Joe Allen back, but honestly would much prefer we stuck by Guidollin. I've been really impressed with what he and AC have done in a short space of time.

People wanted Moyes not so long back.
Guidolin's approach on 18:57 - Apr 15 with 1936 viewsOldjack

Guidolin's approach on 18:44 - Apr 15 by jackrabbit

Totally agree. He's won me around. I was dead against him after the lopsided team he put out against Villa, but I later put it down to his learning curve. The guy's hardly arrived, suffered a serious health knockback and had to master a new language - he is entitled to the odd mistake. Since then, I've been impressed by his flexibility and his dignity. I imagine he is well respected by the players. I'm also impressed by his balls in taking on televised press conferences in a language he has hardly started to speak. Remember Maurice Pochettino in Southampton? He couldn't speak English at all. Now he's sounding fluent and he hasn't done too badly professionally has he? Expect the same from Francesco. I think he could do a great job for us in the transfer market - Paloschi is a good start. He must have some excellent contacts in Serie A and I could see us making some exciting signings if he stays. I find it especially endearing when he constantly refers to 'my team' and 'my players'. His wife likes Swansea and he seems to have taken to it himself like a duck to rain. He can't be far off being classed as a Jack Bastard! To me, he looks the best option. I really don't see Bielsa or Sampaoli being interested in little old Swansea. Rodgers? I was his biggest fan, but as with holiday resorts, I'm not sure it's a good thing to go back.

He'll have a Jack accent before you know it

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024