Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... 12:08 - May 2 with 6258 viewsjackjackjackjack

This was the table on January 18th

Give him, and Curtis, a bit of credit.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 15:07 - May 2 with 1871 viewssherpajacob

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 13:00 - May 2 by dailew

24 from 15 and the best pts/games ratio for any Swans manager in the top flight is all well and good but he bought Naughton on instead of Mo !!
[Post edited 2 May 2016 13:40]

If we are losing bring on mo
If we are winning bring on naughton
It's not rocket science.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 15:16 - May 2 with 1851 viewsBrynmill_Jack

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 14:58 - May 2 by sully49

At times yesterday we played some of the best football that I can recall all season, still I don't know if FG is the right man to "gamble" a 3 or 5 year contract on? He has, with AC, achieved what the was hired to do, but...... His CV is impressive but......
with Judas Ayew honouring GM with his brace yesterday does he have the dressing room behind him? Can we trust him enough to bring in new players, more importantly, know who to get rid of? but......
Its the same delema I had with GM becoming Manager, in the end I had to believe HJ made the right call. but......

If Ayew thinks so much of Monk perhaps he should bugger of and play for him.

He can definitely go in the summer. Don't want players that aren't 100% loyal to our next manager, whoever that may be. We've had that twice before and player power won out, look where that landed us. Williams can f*ck off too, undermined the man the day he got here. Both are a disgrace.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 15:25 - May 2 with 1835 viewsmonmouth

As always, I would trust the people that know what's going on behind the scenes to call it. We scoffed at outside pundits that said we should have kept Monk and we don't know what's happening behind the scenes here. Just hope that the decision is made with more integrity than we've seen exhibited publicly. Only hindsight tells if these shouts are right or wrong.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 15:25 - May 2 with 1830 viewsQuincy999

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 12:44 - May 2 by Borojack

Yes Alan was with him at Udinese when they qualified for the CL

Guidolin had never qualified for the Champions League. Just as David Moyes has never qualified for Champions League. Getting knocked out at a preliminary stage before the competition IS NOT THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE....
For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 15:50 - May 2 with 1752 viewsWhiterockin

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 15:25 - May 2 by Quincy999

Guidolin had never qualified for the Champions League. Just as David Moyes has never qualified for Champions League. Getting knocked out at a preliminary stage before the competition IS NOT THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE....

Strange how the preliminary rounds come under the Champions League match calendar.

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2017/competitionformat/
For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 15:51 - May 2 with 1741 viewsPhil_S

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 15:25 - May 2 by Quincy999

Um, yes it is.
For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 15:56 - May 2 with 1722 viewsQuincy999

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 15:50 - May 2 by Whiterockin

Strange how the preliminary rounds come under the Champions League match calendar.

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2017/competitionformat/

So why are they called the qualifying rounds then? If it is the Champions League then what is it qualifying for, and call me old fashioned but doesn't a league involve um a league maybe?
For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 16:00 - May 2 with 1685 viewsWhiterockin

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 15:56 - May 2 by Quincy999

So why are they called the qualifying rounds then? If it is the Champions League then what is it qualifying for, and call me old fashioned but doesn't a league involve um a league maybe?

And Champions should be Champions. But that is just the way it is.
Login to get fewer ads

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 16:11 - May 2 with 1641 viewsjasper_T

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 15:56 - May 2 by Quincy999

It's qualifying/playoffs for the group stage of the Champion's League. Still the same tournament.
For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 16:12 - May 2 with 1630 viewsMrSwerve

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 16:11 - May 2 by jasper_T

It's qualifying/playoffs for the group stage of the Champion's League. Still the same tournament.

Just like when Wales were in Euro 2004 then...

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 16:16 - May 2 with 1620 viewsQuincy999

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 16:11 - May 2 by jasper_T

I think I'll still say that Guidolin got Udinese to the qualifying rounds for the Champions League. It just makes more sense to me.
For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 16:18 - May 2 with 1609 viewslondonlisa2001

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 16:16 - May 2 by Quincy999

I think I'll still say that Guidolin got Udinese to the qualifying rounds for the Champions League. It just makes more sense to me.

Well if he can only get us to 4th in the PL rather than 3rd then I for one would say no !
For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 16:23 - May 2 with 1590 viewsbarry_island

So to summarise, since Guidolin came in we have gained more points than Arsenal, Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea and have gained the same number of points as the much vaunted West Ham and Klopp's Liverpool.

I won't carry on down the table as I think it's only Leicester and Spurs who have more than us in that timeframe.

Why we are looking anywhere other than Guidolin, Curt and team quite frankly baffles me. It must be that Naughton substitution or the way he doesn't say oytstanding.

Still, in Huw we tru... Nah not anymore.

Just smile.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 16:29 - May 2 with 1566 viewsPhil_S

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 16:12 - May 2 by MrSwerve

Just like when Wales were in Euro 2004 then...

Yes you are right Wales were in Euro 2004

They werent in the final stages of the competition but they were in the qualifying stages
For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 16:30 - May 2 with 1555 viewsQuincy999

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 16:23 - May 2 by barry_island

So to summarise, since Guidolin came in we have gained more points than Arsenal, Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea and have gained the same number of points as the much vaunted West Ham and Klopp's Liverpool.

I won't carry on down the table as I think it's only Leicester and Spurs who have more than us in that timeframe.

Why we are looking anywhere other than Guidolin, Curt and team quite frankly baffles me. It must be that Naughton substitution or the way he doesn't say oytstanding.

Just smile.

The thing is Huw works quite closely with the managers he sees things we don't by looking at statistics. If he gets another manager in instead of Guidolin then there is a reason for it.
For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 16:36 - May 2 with 1436 viewsbarry_island

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 16:30 - May 2 by Quincy999

The thing is Huw works quite closely with the managers he sees things we don't by looking at statistics. If he gets another manager in instead of Guidolin then there is a reason for it.

Probably looked at him in an Italian way or something similarly trivial. Oh, and his name doesn't rhyme with Trendan Todgers.

If he was looking at it through statistics as you say the appointment would have already been made.

Just smile.

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 17:01 - May 2 with 1357 viewsWarwickHunt

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 16:30 - May 2 by Quincy999

Hello Mrs. Rodgers - how's the house hunting going?
For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 17:03 - May 2 with 1346 viewsBorojack

Yes the reason is him Brenda and the cone man Pascoe or all very pally.
Just need KOL now and we will be ready to go.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 17:08 - May 2 with 1317 viewsmonmouth

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 16:23 - May 2 by barry_island

Just smile.

We've also beaten Everton and Chelsea for the first time plus beaten Arsenal and Liverpool.

F**k me, it's been a great season!

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 17:11 - May 2 with 1302 viewsStarsky

I tell you what, looking at that table.
Have a look at Crystal Palace

It's just the internet, init.

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 17:12 - May 2 with 1298 viewsBorojack

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 17:08 - May 2 by monmouth

We've also beaten Everton and Chelsea for the first time plus beaten Arsenal and Liverpool.

It has just the first 21 games were shite.
He deserves the freedom.of the City never mind a contract.
But I dont think he fits the Yanks or HJ sadly.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 17:13 - May 2 with 1292 viewsbarry_island

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 17:08 - May 2 by monmouth

Kyle B as the player of the season would round it off nicely.

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 17:19 - May 2 with 1255 viewsjacktar

It's my view that when Curt was offered the caretaker job until the end of the season (be it reluctantly), Huw had decided that maybe some support from an experienced manager/coach would assist him in keeping us up. After all, my understanding is that he offered similar to Monk but that was not to happen.
FG was probably only ever seen as support to Curt to keep us up, regardless of who is supposedly in charge. FG was also equally going to need the support of Curt and existing staff as he did not know the team or the Premier League so was probably seen as part of a management / coaching team imo.
I would imagine, as many seem to think on this board, that talks to secure our next permanent manager have been ongoing throughout FG's time here. Whether it's Brendan or whoever else, I can't see it being Guidolin. We must thank him for his work here, as I'm sure Huw will when he wishes him all the best for the future in a couple of weeks time.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 17:21 - May 2 with 1230 viewsbarry_island

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 17:11 - May 2 by Starsky

I tell you what, looking at that table.
Have a look at Crystal Palace

Pardew may be available at the end of the season. Perhaps he is the right man for the job?

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 17:25 - May 2 with 1215 viewsbarry_island

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 17:19 - May 2 by jacktar

It's my view that when Curt was offered the caretaker job until the end of the season (be it reluctantly), Huw had decided that maybe some support from an experienced manager/coach would assist him in keeping us up. After all, my understanding is that he offered similar to Monk but that was not to happen.
FG was probably only ever seen as support to Curt to keep us up, regardless of who is supposedly in charge. FG was also equally going to need the support of Curt and existing staff as he did not know the team or the Premier League so was probably seen as part of a management / coaching team imo.
I would imagine, as many seem to think on this board, that talks to secure our next permanent manager have been ongoing throughout FG's time here. Whether it's Brendan or whoever else, I can't see it being Guidolin. We must thank him for his work here, as I'm sure Huw will when he wishes him all the best for the future in a couple of weeks time.

I think the address of Mossack Fonseca, Panama City appears to have been more on the board's collective minds than the triviality of our manager's position.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024