Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cars on personal Lease 14:58 - May 25 with 14323 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Hi Guys, after some advise if anyone can help?

Have had a bit of a nightmare with mine & the Mrs' cars recently. Cost us significant amount of money to get them both fixed & as such, we're looking into getting cars on personal lease, as opposed to PCP/finance so any service/repair costs are paid for.

Does anyone else have a car on personal lease?
What's the best way of going about it - dealership, 3rd party etc?
Are there any companies in Swansea/surrounding areas that facilitate this?
Do you find it works better for you rather than buying used/nearly new on finance?

Cheers in advance.

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Cars on personal Lease on 15:54 - Jul 4 with 1548 viewsSwaneeRiver

Cars on personal Lease on 22:30 - Jul 2 by Jackfath

Maintenance isn't included on that deal. However on a new Kia with a 7 year warranty, over two years what maintenance could one expect? I only do around 8k miles a year so that's not a concern.

Also as long you have the car serviced and the booked stamped at any garage - not tied to dealer - then warranty is valid.
Apart from tyres and brakes, my 6 year old Sportage has only needed servicing, MOT's , and a new CD Player (under warranty).
It could also do with a new luggage cover (which I wrecked) but at around £500 for a replacement it can go on needing it !
Cars on personal Lease on 19:24 - Jul 4 with 1497 viewsCooperman

Cars on personal Lease on 15:54 - Jul 4 by SwaneeRiver

Also as long you have the car serviced and the booked stamped at any garage - not tied to dealer - then warranty is valid.
Apart from tyres and brakes, my 6 year old Sportage has only needed servicing, MOT's , and a new CD Player (under warranty).
It could also do with a new luggage cover (which I wrecked) but at around £500 for a replacement it can go on needing it !

The terms of a lease include the requirement to have your service completed at a main dealer (as opposed to your mate Dai who can stamp a book in return for a few pints).

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Cars on personal Lease on 09:09 - Jul 5 with 1443 viewsSwaneeRiver

Cars on personal Lease on 19:24 - Jul 4 by Cooperman

The terms of a lease include the requirement to have your service completed at a main dealer (as opposed to your mate Dai who can stamp a book in return for a few pints).

Sorry my response was in reply to Jackfath talking about the merits of buying a Sportage. I was validating and adding to his particular points about a car I had knowledge about, rather than dissing the merits of leasing or the conditions of leasing, which I have never examined.

Just to say Auto Electrical Skewen, who do all my work, are a highly respected local garage who I have recommended, and I would recommend to anyone. They'd never just stamp the book, but work to a very high standard.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2016 9:11]
Cars on personal Lease on 09:50 - Jul 5 with 1430 viewsAustinIsOurHero

A Sportage is one of the models I'm looking at when I get round to replacing mine. If I can get one on a 3 year lease with servicing included, for cheaper than what I'm paying now on PCP, then it's a no brainer for me.
The only sticking point is if there is enough equity in my current car to cover the deposit for a new one.

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Cars on personal Lease on 10:40 - Jul 5 with 1418 viewsmonmouth

I know this is a dull question, as the answer is clearly yes, but just to confirm that the 'plus 3' or whatever is an upfront payment in addition to the 24/36/48 months leasing cost?

Re Sportage. Coincidentally just talking to a local who is a bit of a car obsessive, and he has just chosen a Sportage over a Mercedes 4x4 because he thinks it's a better car. Until he said it and I read this thread I'd never actually heard of one!

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Cars on personal Lease on 11:16 - Jul 5 with 1407 viewsfbreath

Cars on personal Lease on 10:40 - Jul 5 by monmouth

I know this is a dull question, as the answer is clearly yes, but just to confirm that the 'plus 3' or whatever is an upfront payment in addition to the 24/36/48 months leasing cost?

Re Sportage. Coincidentally just talking to a local who is a bit of a car obsessive, and he has just chosen a Sportage over a Mercedes 4x4 because he thinks it's a better car. Until he said it and I read this thread I'd never actually heard of one!

It would be 1 + xx so if 24 months it would be 1 payment + 23.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Cars on personal Lease on 11:22 - Jul 5 with 1402 viewsmonmouth

Cars on personal Lease on 11:16 - Jul 5 by fbreath

It would be 1 + xx so if 24 months it would be 1 payment + 23.

I think I'm getting confused with 'initial payment'.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Cars on personal Lease on 11:32 - Jul 5 with 1398 viewsfbreath

Cars on personal Lease on 11:22 - Jul 5 by monmouth

I think I'm getting confused with 'initial payment'.

The initial payment is payment 1.

I asked this question with leasing company as I have been considering the lease route and wasn't sure.

Login to get fewer ads

Cars on personal Lease on 11:54 - Jul 5 with 1392 viewsSwaneeRiver

Toyota Yaris Hatchback 1.5 Hybrid Icon 5dr CVT
Took this car as example. Hybrid version - would cost £10,300 to lease over three years.
Full retail price from dealer to buy is £15,000
So basically for £5k you get a car a car which in three years time has to be worth more than £5k ?
Seems to make economic sense to me
Cars on personal Lease on 13:06 - Jul 5 with 1375 viewsfbreath

Cars on personal Lease on 11:54 - Jul 5 by SwaneeRiver

Toyota Yaris Hatchback 1.5 Hybrid Icon 5dr CVT
Took this car as example. Hybrid version - would cost £10,300 to lease over three years.
Full retail price from dealer to buy is £15,000
So basically for £5k you get a car a car which in three years time has to be worth more than £5k ?
Seems to make economic sense to me

Not sure were you got your figures from but just did a comparison on Nationwide Vehicle Contracts site and that vehicle on a 10K mileage over three years total cost £7748 plus their admin fee of £180
[Post edited 5 Jul 2016 13:09]

Cars on personal Lease on 16:26 - Jul 5 with 1345 viewsSwaneeRiver

Cars on personal Lease on 13:06 - Jul 5 by fbreath

Not sure were you got your figures from but just did a comparison on Nationwide Vehicle Contracts site and that vehicle on a 10K mileage over three years total cost £7748 plus their admin fee of £180
[Post edited 5 Jul 2016 13:09]

Went on Yes Lease (as suggested by some) and just took the cheapest deal showing on there for a vehicle that I might buy.
Then went on Toyota Official Site for comparative price.
Also when buying, if you go with readies there's often haggle room ...
Cars on personal Lease on 18:09 - Jul 5 with 1317 viewsjack_lord

we were going to get a sportage from selectcarleasing and the monthly payment was about 135 on a 6 + 23 deal so first month payment of somethin like 810 quid and then 23 further payments of 135 quid. But, unfortunately, wife wanted a smaller car. The deal was something like 6 thousand miles a year but about 3 p a mile if you went over so thirty quid surcharge for every thousand miles.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024