Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Council Car Parking Penalty Charge 18:42 - Jul 2 with 1827 viewsSwanzay

Received a penalty notice today served by post, its clear from the images that it was taken by a mobile cctv car unit.

I thought this was made illegal in 2014?

Can anyone please clarify?
Council Car Parking Penalty Charge on 18:55 - Jul 2 with 1798 viewsperchrockjack

What was it for

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Council Car Parking Penalty Charge on 19:00 - Jul 2 with 1784 viewsSwanzay

Parking on a double yellow line, whilst picking up a takeaway.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2016 19:00]
Council Car Parking Penalty Charge on 19:02 - Jul 2 with 1771 viewsperchrockjack

Hmm.

I've got to go out now and missus to a do but there are plenty of sites out there to assist. Good luck.

Think you might be stuffed myself

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Council Car Parking Penalty Charge on 19:05 - Jul 2 with 1756 viewsSwanzay

You can see the bonnet and windscreen of the car in the images, I though Pickles outlawed them in 2014?
Council Car Parking Penalty Charge on 19:08 - Jul 2 with 1744 viewsraynor94

Council Car Parking Penalty Charge on 19:05 - Jul 2 by Swanzay

You can see the bonnet and windscreen of the car in the images, I though Pickles outlawed them in 2014?

ECB, is your man

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Council Car Parking Penalty Charge on 19:11 - Jul 2 with 1730 viewsalwaysblackandwhite

I've seen a DVLA camera vans drive up and down Penygraig Road in Townhill/Mayhill many times, it films vehicles parking outside the shops/parking in bus lane etc.
I have told many drivers but it doesn't seem to do anything as they just carry on regardless.
Council Car Parking Penalty Charge on 19:15 - Jul 2 with 1716 viewsSwanzay

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-bans-use-of-cctv-spy-cars-for-on-s

In a victory for drivers and shoppers, the government will make it illegal to use closed circuit television (CCTV) ‘spy cars’ alone to enforce on-street parking ending the plague of parking tickets by post, Communities Secretary Eric Pickles and Transport Secretary Patrick McLoughlin announced today (21 June 2014).
Council Car Parking Penalty Charge on 19:20 - Jul 2 with 1700 viewsItchySphincter

Pay up!

..... and don't park on double yellows again.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Login to get fewer ads

Council Car Parking Penalty Charge on 21:57 - Jul 2 with 1583 viewsSwanzay

Council Car Parking Penalty Charge on 19:20 - Jul 2 by ItchySphincter

Pay up!

..... and don't park on double yellows again.

I was literally 2 mins picking up a take away on a Friday eve, please dont say you've never broken the car parking 'law', are you mightier than thou?
Council Car Parking Penalty Charge on 22:48 - Jul 2 with 1541 viewsjackrabbit

Google 'Fightback Forums'. Free legal advice on all motoring offences. I've had superb help from them in fighting Harrow Council. Not there yet but getting there.
Council Car Parking Penalty Charge on 23:27 - Jul 2 with 1483 viewsexiledclaseboy

Council Car Parking Penalty Charge on 19:08 - Jul 2 by raynor94

ECB, is your man

Nowt to do with me or them.

Poll: Tory leader

Council Car Parking Penalty Charge on 04:52 - Jul 3 with 1397 viewsLoyal

If it was illegal I doubt very much they would be doing it.
As you don't know it's a mobile camera for sure then a challenge is pointless as it's quite clear if you read the legislation they can still be used. And if it was a mobile camera they can fall back on the safety aspect, the fact you parked on a double yellow line and the restriction is there because it's unsafe to park, hence your ticket.

Worth getting a bit more advice though.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Council Car Parking Penalty Charge on 09:58 - Jul 3 with 1330 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Council Car Parking Penalty Charge on 19:15 - Jul 2 by Swanzay

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-bans-use-of-cctv-spy-cars-for-on-s

In a victory for drivers and shoppers, the government will make it illegal to use closed circuit television (CCTV) ‘spy cars’ alone to enforce on-street parking ending the plague of parking tickets by post, Communities Secretary Eric Pickles and Transport Secretary Patrick McLoughlin announced today (21 June 2014).

So is this still the case?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Council Car Parking Penalty Charge on 10:05 - Jul 3 with 1312 viewsItchySphincter

Council Car Parking Penalty Charge on 21:57 - Jul 2 by Swanzay

I was literally 2 mins picking up a take away on a Friday eve, please dont say you've never broken the car parking 'law', are you mightier than thou?

Tight git. Didn't want to pay the extra two quid for delivery is it? How much is the fine? 45 quid? Live and learn young Swanzay.

Council Car Parking Penalty Charge on 10:09 - Jul 3 with 1297 viewsWarwickHunt

Council Car Parking Penalty Charge on 19:00 - Jul 2 by Swanzay

Parking on a double yellow line, whilst picking up a takeaway.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2016 19:00]

Did you put your hazard lights on?
Council Car Parking Penalty Charge on 10:13 - Jul 3 with 1288 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Council Car Parking Penalty Charge on 10:05 - Jul 3 by ItchySphincter

Tight git. Didn't want to pay the extra two quid for delivery is it? How much is the fine? 45 quid? Live and learn young Swanzay.

Aye that'll learn him. If he had voted remain it never would have happened and your smugness would be replaced with a modicum of sympathy.

For all the talk of hatred coming post brexiters towards foreigners or minorities I find it ironic that the most hateful of all are the remainers towards those that dared to disagree with them.

If that isn't totalitarianism or fascism please tell me what is.

Council Car Parking Penalty Charge on 10:21 - Jul 3 with 1274 viewsDarran

Council Car Parking Penalty Charge on 21:57 - Jul 2 by Swanzay

Thick twàt.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Council Car Parking Penalty Charge on 12:50 - Jul 5 with 1140 viewsItchySphincter

Council Car Parking Penalty Charge on 10:13 - Jul 3 by Brynmill_Jack

Aye that'll learn him. If he had voted remain it never would have happened and your smugness would be replaced with a modicum of sympathy.

For all the talk of hatred coming post brexiters towards foreigners or minorities I find it ironic that the most hateful of all are the remainers towards those that dared to disagree with them.

If that isn't totalitarianism or fascism please tell me what is.

You strayed a bit wide of the mark there Brynny. I wasn't aware that this was a Brexit thread? I thought it was a just a bog standard Swanzay dipstickery thread.

Council Car Parking Penalty Charge on 17:29 - Jul 5 with 1023 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Council Car Parking Penalty Charge on 12:50 - Jul 5 by ItchySphincter

You strayed a bit wide of the mark there Brynny. I wasn't aware that this was a Brexit thread? I thought it was a just a bog standard Swanzay dipstickery thread.

I just thought I'd defend Swanzay in an off the wall sort of way lol

Council Car Parking Penalty Charge on 17:42 - Jul 5 with 1002 viewsDewi1jack

Council Car Parking Penalty Charge on 04:52 - Jul 3 by Loyal

If it was illegal I doubt very much they would be doing it.
As you don't know it's a mobile camera for sure then a challenge is pointless as it's quite clear if you read the legislation they can still be used. And if it was a mobile camera they can fall back on the safety aspect, the fact you parked on a double yellow line and the restriction is there because it's unsafe to park, hence your ticket.

Worth getting a bit more advice though.

Always worth an appeal.
Costs the parking enforcement and you don't have to accept the verdict from the appeal.

Some possible defences; broken or incomplete yellow lines; loading (no kerb lines); incomplete or incorrect signage; no ticket issued by parking warden; illegally issued ticket; incorrectly worded/ completed ticket.
Any of those (if you have evidence) will defeat the council.
Most yellow lines are incomplete due to the bluddy potholes

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Council Car Parking Penalty Charge on 18:07 - Jul 5 with 978 viewsBanosswan

Say there was a blue badge user in your car.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024