Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England squad 14:31 - May 31 with 2792 viewsHighjack

Looks like old "big club" Woy has picked jack wilshere who has played 4 minutes of football in the last 47 years over drink water who has played well all season and barely missed a game. Sends a big message out that form or ability doesn't matter, it's your media profile will get you picked for England.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

England squad on 15:00 - May 31 with 1749 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

or he's picked someone who has - when given a chance - performed very well for him in the past in a role he has in the team - over someone who is unproven at international level

not saying either is right but there's definitely 2 ways of looking at it

If I was an England fan I'd probably prefer to have Wilshire rather than Drinkwater in my team

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

England squad on 15:04 - May 31 with 1734 viewsshandyjack

yep, the old big club bias strikes again, over looking Noble was a joke and now not taking Drinkwater. Hope to god we smash them

Poll: Expectation for the season

England squad on 15:23 - May 31 with 1698 viewsCooperman

England squad on 15:00 - May 31 by PatchesOHoulihan

or he's picked someone who has - when given a chance - performed very well for him in the past in a role he has in the team - over someone who is unproven at international level

If I was an England fan I'd probably prefer to have Wilshire rather than Drinkwater in my team

I'm not an England fan but if I was I would have preferred Drinkwater.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

England squad on 15:25 - May 31 with 1687 viewsDarran

England squad on 15:00 - May 31 by PatchesOHoulihan

Of course it is,Wales are taking a fella that had a leg fracture three weeks ago and nobody's commenting on that.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

England squad on 15:26 - May 31 with 1684 viewsraynor94

Drinkwater for me too, what on has Wilshire done this season to justify in going, shocking decision

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

England squad on 15:27 - May 31 with 1679 viewsjack247

It's a very attacking midfield, only really Dier and Henderson who are going to protect their defence. Alli or Rooney will probably play behind Kane and Vardy, with Barkley and Wilshere covering.

If anything it plays into our hands. We are going to be under the cosh against them anyway, this should at least give us chance to hurt them on the break.
England squad on 15:34 - May 31 with 1656 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

England squad on 15:26 - May 31 by raynor94

Drinkwater for me too, what on has Wilshire done this season to justify in going, shocking decision

So playing consistently well for a team during qualifying shouldn't count???

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

England squad on 15:47 - May 31 with 1629 viewsdobjack2

Hodgson is very loyal to those who have done a job for him. As long as wilshire, and Sturridge for that matter, satisfied his medical team I expected both to go.
Login to get fewer ads

England squad on 15:49 - May 31 with 1622 viewscrix

England squad on 15:25 - May 31 by Darran

Of course it is,Wales are taking a fella that had a leg fracture three weeks ago and nobody's commenting on that.

possibly because this is a thread about the England squad
England squad on 16:36 - May 31 with 1558 viewsraynor94

England squad on 15:34 - May 31 by PatchesOHoulihan

So playing consistently well for a team during qualifying shouldn't count???

Wilshire has played three times this season, Drinkwater has had a fantastic consistent season, he played the qualifying games the season before, wouldn't surprise me if he breaks down before the Wales game

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

England squad on 16:39 - May 31 with 1541 viewsJackfath

Good luck England!

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

England squad on 16:43 - May 31 with 1540 viewsDarran

England squad on 16:39 - May 31 by Jackfath

Good luck England!

Good luck to all the home nations.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

England squad on 16:44 - May 31 with 1539 viewsLoyal

England squad on 16:43 - May 31 by Darran

Except on June 16th of course when the dragon roars.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

England squad on 16:45 - May 31 with 1536 viewsblueytheblue

Except Scotland, obviously due to not qualifying.

And all the other home nations who are potentially rivals to us winning it all.

And England. Coz it's Ingurlund innit.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

England squad on 16:49 - May 31 with 1527 viewsjack247

Apart from England. Or Northern Ireland in the unlikely event we meet them in the knockout phase.
England squad on 16:51 - May 31 with 1516 viewsDewi1jack

England squad on 15:25 - May 31 by Darran

Maybe because England have a far greater choice of players to take.
Whereas, we have to take the risk on injured players or be looking at TNS or Connah's Quay for "top flight" players.

And to Highjack
Whilst England continue with their policy of picking players from the big 5/ 6 clubs, no matter if they're playing, playing well or failing miserably, purely because they play for one of these clubs, then...
abject failure at every tournament.
IMHO. If England, with the quality of players they have in the PL and Championship, aren't capable of putting a squad together that can consistently get to the quarter or semi finals, then the manager and coaching methods are failing miserably.
Schteve Brollyman = perfect example of the FA failing their country

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

England squad on 16:53 - May 31 with 1510 viewsskippyjack

Looking at the season as a whole..

Wilshere
Henderson
Rashford
Sturridge
Stones

should be nowhere near the squad.. reputation strikes again..

Drinkwater
Carrick
Noble
Defoe
Deeney
Albrighton

Can count themselves unfortunate to be over looked... Cahill and John Stones are lucky that England are blessed with rubbish centre halves

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

England squad on 16:58 - May 31 with 1491 viewsJango

Drinkwater has played well this year in a system that suits him. Leicester only averaged 35% possession. England play a more possession based football and in the 2 friendlies that drinkwater has played he's look a little out of his depth in my opinion. I think dier is the better player anyway.
England squad on 17:02 - May 31 with 1482 viewsshandyjack

England squad on 16:58 - May 31 by Jango

Drinkwater has played well this year in a system that suits him. Leicester only averaged 35% possession. England play a more possession based football and in the 2 friendlies that drinkwater has played he's look a little out of his depth in my opinion. I think dier is the better player anyway.

agreed, but England certainly do no play the possession game, retaining the ball has always been their weak link

Poll: Expectation for the season

England squad on 17:02 - May 31 with 1478 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Drinkwater every time, 3 goals and 8 assists, a great long ball.
Roy is an idiot to persist with the "Big Club/Big Name" culture and ignore current form.
England can never play at their best if they don't take the best.
England squad on 17:12 - May 31 with 1443 viewsHighjack

England squad on 16:53 - May 31 by skippyjack

Wilshere
Henderson
Rashford
Sturridge
Stones

Drinkwater
Carrick
Noble
Defoe
Deeney
Albrighton

Can count themselves unfortunate to be over looked... Cahill and John Stones are lucky that England are blessed with rubbish centre halves

Exactly. If rashford played for Sunderland and Defoe played for United Defoe would be on the plane.

Oh well. Fuc em.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

England squad on 18:25 - May 31 with 1324 viewsmonmouth

England squad on 16:53 - May 31 by skippyjack

Wilshere
Henderson
Rashford
Sturridge
Stones

Drinkwater
Carrick
Noble
Defoe
Deeney
Albrighton

None in either list are true international quality. It's no wonder England are generally quarter final fodder everywhere except in their own heads.

(just to cover my crack, Greece proved that a non international quality team can win something by the law of averages, so if Engertoss do miraculously win, that'll be why.)

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

England squad on 18:44 - May 31 with 1295 viewsGowerjack

At least Shelvey had a new suit to take on his summer holidays!

http://metro.co.uk/2016/02/17/england-suit-launch-hints-at-surprise-names-for-eu

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

England squad on 18:46 - May 31 with 1289 viewsJethroJack

Who gives a shit who Roy has selected, I'm more interested in the Welsh, Polish & Icelandic squads.
England squad on 18:51 - May 31 with 1279 viewsHighjack

England squad on 18:46 - May 31 by JethroJack

Who gives a shit who Roy has selected, I'm more interested in the Welsh, Polish & Icelandic squads.

We are playing them you know?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024