Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will Welsh fans be attacked by Russian thugs in Toulouse? 18:16 - Jun 12 with 25116 viewsFieryJack

Russian thugs, despite being outnumbered by the English in Marseille, were ruthless, well-organized, powerfully-built, swift and brutal (almost like a "special forces" unit), and inflicted a severe and pretty sickening beating on the ragged, half-drunken, disorganized rag-bag "army" of English fans.

The military references are apt: many wore black T-shirts, or black hoodies, had gumshields in their gobs and carried retractable truncheons. And, like an army intent on conquest, they made a point of seizing and ripping up English flags, as well as grabbing "booty": they thieved wallets, iPhones and even trainers from their unconscious victims. They bring hooliganism to another more frightening and ugly level.

Considering that most of these Russian blokes appear to spend the other half of their lives working out in gyms, would it not be a good idea to protect the Welsh fans from being similarly attacked by getting the WRU to send out, all expenses paid, 300 of the biggest, meanest, ugliest rugby players on their books, to Toulouse so that our fans can get some sort of protection, because the French security forces don't seem up to it. And there's no way we can defend ourselves against that lot.

Hopefully, these Russians can distinguish between the English and Welsh, but I honestly don't think they care a damn, and will attack anyone.

Will Welsh fans be attacked by Russian thugs in Toulouse? on 15:55 - Jun 14 with 3427 viewsMoscowJack

Fieryjack,

Moscow's one of the most expensive places in the world. It's a bit cheaper now since the ruble collapsed a year or so ago but it's still expensive to go to decent clubs, the top restaurants, trendy bars, buy the best imported food, etc. Apartment rents are equal to London, as are retail rents.

The Russians also have a flat 13% income tax (inc national insurance) and less than 1% having mortgages, so disposable income's high. The real reason that Russia won't have 100s of thousands in France for their games is that most Russians don't go to football games in Russia because of the hooligans that takeover most of the games. It's so similar, in that respect, to Britain in the 70s and 80s.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Will Welsh fans be attacked by Russian thugs in Toulouse? on 17:03 - Jun 14 with 3357 viewsLord_Bony

Will Welsh fans be attacked by Russian thugs in Toulouse? on 14:07 - Jun 14 by sammylee3

Vlad has told his 150 boys to come home, England sending 10,000 extra drinkers to sort the Russian families out.

Kremlin has come out and told Russian fans to behave today I can't see it kick off again but England will be at it with someone possibly us given the idiots that are likely on there way over there.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2016 14:08]

So the Russians have gone back (most Russians are decent enough) and the English football army is coming across the Chanel in a Tour de Force.

They will be psyched up ready for action....problem is with the Ruskies gone there's only one lot of supporters to have a go at ...three guesses..

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Will Welsh fans be attacked by Russian thugs in Toulouse? on 17:17 - Jun 14 with 3332 viewsFieryJack

Will Welsh fans be attacked by Russian thugs in Toulouse? on 15:55 - Jun 14 by MoscowJack

Fieryjack,

Moscow's one of the most expensive places in the world. It's a bit cheaper now since the ruble collapsed a year or so ago but it's still expensive to go to decent clubs, the top restaurants, trendy bars, buy the best imported food, etc. Apartment rents are equal to London, as are retail rents.

The Russians also have a flat 13% income tax (inc national insurance) and less than 1% having mortgages, so disposable income's high. The real reason that Russia won't have 100s of thousands in France for their games is that most Russians don't go to football games in Russia because of the hooligans that takeover most of the games. It's so similar, in that respect, to Britain in the 70s and 80s.

I stand corrected, MoscowJack!
Will Welsh fans be attacked by Russian thugs in Toulouse? on 17:21 - Jun 14 with 3314 viewsmonmouth

Will Welsh fans be attacked by Russian thugs in Toulouse? on 15:55 - Jun 14 by MoscowJack

Fieryjack,

Do you think the world cup will help them evolve into human beings Nick? With the eyes of the world on them it might be what they need to drag themselves into the 21st century and increase interest outside a narrow thug base. Or will it just be one long festival of violence and homophobia?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Will Welsh fans be attacked by Russian thugs in Toulouse? on 20:48 - Jun 14 with 3209 viewsMoscowJack

That's a very good question.

England hosted the Euros about 20 years ago and it helped change the game in Britain. Stadiums were improved, hooligans were clamped down on (previously by Thatcher but later there was another clampdown too) and familes felt more comfortable going to games.

I'm HOPING that the World Cup in Russia will have a positive effect on the way Russians see football but I'm not holding my breath. I love living here - it's an incredible country - but the hooligans and racists won't disappear overnight.

Will Welsh fans be attacked by Russian thugs in Toulouse? on 21:09 - Jun 14 with 3195 viewstrampie

Fieryjack,

A Russian schoolteacher stayed with my family a few years ago [exchange of teachers type thing], scared stiff that somebody would nick her spuds from her allotment she was, also she wanted to know why there was no guards guarding sheep and cows in the fields and if the rabbits were free and why we did not stop to catch them.

Russians are earthy and tough, we have become decadent and soft.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Will Welsh fans be attacked by Russian thugs in Toulouse? on 21:13 - Jun 14 with 3186 viewsexiledclaseboy

Will Welsh fans be attacked by Russian thugs in Toulouse? on 21:09 - Jun 14 by trampie

A Russian schoolteacher stayed with my family a few years ago [exchange of teachers type thing], scared stiff that somebody would nick her spuds from her allotment she was, also she wanted to know why there was no guards guarding sheep and cows in the fields and if the rabbits were free and why we did not stop to catch them.

Call it a hunch, but I reckon Moscow Jack knows a fair bit more about Russia and Russians than you do, trampster.

Poll: Tory leader

Will Welsh fans be attacked by Russian thugs in Toulouse? on 21:18 - Jun 14 with 3161 viewswaynekerr55

Will Welsh fans be attacked by Russian thugs in Toulouse? on 21:13 - Jun 14 by exiledclaseboy

Call it a hunch, but I reckon Moscow Jack knows a fair bit more about Russia and Russians than you do, trampster.

Don't be so f*cking silly mun. A man related to a cat who's half pigeon brother who decided to sit in the beer garden of Trampie's local knows more, mun.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

Will Welsh fans be attacked by Russian thugs in Toulouse? on 21:23 - Jun 14 with 3133 viewsraynor94

Will Welsh fans be attacked by Russian thugs in Toulouse? on 21:09 - Jun 14 by trampie

Russia is a rather large country

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Will Welsh fans be attacked by Russian thugs in Toulouse? on 21:36 - Jun 14 with 3082 viewslondonlisa2001

Will Welsh fans be attacked by Russian thugs in Toulouse? on 20:48 - Jun 14 by MoscowJack

That's a very good question.

England hosted the Euros about 20 years ago and it helped change the game in Britain. Stadiums were improved, hooligans were clamped down on (previously by Thatcher but later there was another clampdown too) and familes felt more comfortable going to games.

I'm HOPING that the World Cup in Russia will have a positive effect on the way Russians see football but I'm not holding my breath. I love living here - it's an incredible country - but the hooligans and racists won't disappear overnight.

I did a bit of lecturing in Russia back in the 90s and loved the people. It's just when they hit London they become a complete nightmare :-)

Fond memories of the Hotel Cosmos !!
Will Welsh fans be attacked by Russian thugs in Toulouse? on 22:36 - Jun 14 with 2966 viewswaynekerr55

Will Welsh fans be attacked by Russian thugs in Toulouse? on 21:36 - Jun 14 by londonlisa2001

I did a bit of lecturing in Russia back in the 90s and loved the people. It's just when they hit London they become a complete nightmare :-)

In the 90's..

Pre 91?

Never had you down as a commie, perhaps you and Trampie have a lot in common

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Will Welsh fans be attacked by Russian thugs in Toulouse? on 23:01 - Jun 14 with 2918 viewstrampie

Will Welsh fans be attacked by Russian thugs in Toulouse? on 21:13 - Jun 14 by exiledclaseboy

What a nonsensical post.

I am sure Moscowjack knows more about Russia than me too, I have not said anything different, I only said about a Russian lady staying with my family.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Will Welsh fans be attacked by Russian thugs in Toulouse? on 23:06 - Jun 14 with 2901 viewslondonlisa2001

Will Welsh fans be attacked by Russian thugs in Toulouse? on 22:36 - Jun 14 by waynekerr55

In the 90's..

Pre 91?

Never had you down as a commie, perhaps you and Trampie have a lot in common

Ha! No - more like 1998 ish. Wide open albeit still with vodka sellers on the street and a fearsome looking lady at the end of the corridor in the hotel!
Will Welsh fans be attacked by Russian thugs in Toulouse? on 23:06 - Jun 14 with 2897 viewsMoscowJack

Will Welsh fans be attacked by Russian thugs in Toulouse? on 21:36 - Jun 14 by londonlisa2001

I guess you must have been PwC, or whatever they were called then. I arrived mid-90s.

That Cosmos Hotel is one awful hotel but I suppose there wasn't much choice then. How things change!!!

The average Russian is very cold towards anyone they don't know. The average Russian is wonderfully warm once you know them, even just a little bit.

The Russians you meet in central London, posing and agitating to have more or be more important than everyone else, are the ones that everyone dislikes and are as far from "the average Russian" as you or I.

There's also the Russian on holiday but don't forget how badly perceived the Brits, Germans, Americans, etc are when on holiday too!

Will Welsh fans be attacked by Russian thugs in Toulouse? on 23:17 - Jun 14 with 2860 viewslondonlisa2001

Will Welsh fans be attacked by Russian thugs in Toulouse? on 23:06 - Jun 14 by MoscowJack

I guess you must have been PwC, or whatever they were called then. I arrived mid-90s.

That Cosmos Hotel is one awful hotel but I suppose there wasn't much choice then. How things change!!!

The average Russian is very cold towards anyone they don't know. The average Russian is wonderfully warm once you know them, even just a little bit.

The Russians you meet in central London, posing and agitating to have more or be more important than everyone else, are the ones that everyone dislikes and are as far from "the average Russian" as you or I.

There's also the Russian on holiday but don't forget how badly perceived the Brits, Germans, Americans, etc are when on holiday too!

I was actually lecturing there to PwC staff (and EY I think). I was doing some lecturing for BPP in Russia and Ukraine as well.

The Cosmos was truly awful :-)
Will Welsh fans be attacked by Russian thugs in Toulouse? on 23:42 - Jun 14 with 2803 viewsVetchitBack

Having witnessed more scenes of aggression by the Russians - why on earth are the French unwilling to police the Russians?

Is it Putin? Or do they fear the men themselves?

They seem to be letting the Russians batter the English then going in afterward to arrest the English.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Will Welsh fans be attacked by Russian thugs in Toulouse? on 23:56 - Jun 14 with 2766 viewstrampie

Will Welsh fans be attacked by Russian thugs in Toulouse? on 23:42 - Jun 14 by VetchitBack

Having witnessed more scenes of aggression by the Russians - why on earth are the French unwilling to police the Russians?

Is it Putin? Or do they fear the men themselves?

They seem to be letting the Russians batter the English then going in afterward to arrest the English.

Could it be a French/English thing or are the police just poor policing the football fans ?

For decades English football hooligans and lager louts terrorised continental Europe, some English people would put Welsh or Scottish stickers on their British registered cars, so the continentals [particularly aimed at the French] would not think they were English.

Will Welsh fans be attacked by Russian thugs in Toulouse? on 00:11 - Jun 15 with 2747 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Will Welsh fans be attacked by Russian thugs in Toulouse? on 23:56 - Jun 14 by trampie

Could it be a French/English thing or are the police just poor policing the football fans ?

For decades English football hooligans and lager louts terrorised continental Europe, some English people would put Welsh or Scottish stickers on their British registered cars, so the continentals [particularly aimed at the French] would not think they were English.

Lager louts??? You're a very middle class 55+ - J'accuse!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Will Welsh fans be attacked by Russian thugs in Toulouse? on 00:28 - Jun 15 with 2715 viewssammylee3

Will Welsh fans be attacked by Russian thugs in Toulouse? on 00:11 - Jun 15 by Brynmill_Jack

Lager louts??? You're a very middle class 55+ - J'accuse!

Waynekerr there far from Commie's these days lol. The western backed commie's killed 65 million Russian christians when they took over at the beginning of 20th century. Putin is no Commie.
Will Welsh fans be attacked by Russian thugs in Toulouse? on 12:49 - Jun 19 with 2432 viewsVanyaRusskiy

Will Welsh fans be attacked by Russian thugs in Toulouse? on 00:28 - Jun 15 by sammylee3

Waynekerr there far from Commie's these days lol. The western backed commie's killed 65 million Russian christians when they took over at the beginning of 20th century. Putin is no Commie.

Завтра Вы будете идти к стадиону на полусогнутых ногах и дрожать от страха. Обливаться холодным потом и оглядываться, вслушиваться в речь со стороны. И знаете что?... Вы не дойдете.)) Та-дааам!
Will Welsh fans be attacked by Russian thugs in Toulouse? on 13:55 - Jun 19 with 2346 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Will Welsh fans be attacked by Russian thugs in Toulouse? on 12:49 - Jun 19 by VanyaRusskiy

Завтра Вы будете идти к стадиону на полусогнутых ногах и дрожать от страха. Обливаться холодным потом и оглядываться, вслушиваться в речь со стороны. И знаете что?... Вы не дойдете.)) Та-дааам!

I'm struggling to disagree with that.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Will Welsh fans be attacked by Russian thugs in Toulouse? on 13:57 - Jun 19 with 2343 viewsbuilthjack

Will Welsh fans be attacked by Russian thugs in Toulouse? on 12:49 - Jun 19 by VanyaRusskiy

Who speaks Russian?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Will Welsh fans be attacked by Russian thugs in Toulouse? on 14:03 - Jun 19 with 2336 viewsMurph75

Google translate:

Tomorrow you will go to the stadium on bent legs and tremble with fear . Poured cold sweat and look back , to listen to the speech from the side. And you know what ? ... You do not walk . ) ) Ta daaam !
Will Welsh fans be attacked by Russian thugs in Toulouse? on 14:14 - Jun 19 with 2315 viewsmonmouth

Will Welsh fans be attacked by Russian thugs in Toulouse? on 13:57 - Jun 19 by builthjack

Who speaks Russian?

Russians?

Oh and some alter ego poster who can type into google, obviously.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Will Welsh fans be attacked by Russian thugs in Toulouse? on 14:37 - Jun 19 with 2271 viewsVanyaRusskiy

Will Welsh fans be attacked by Russian thugs in Toulouse? on 13:57 - Jun 19 by builthjack

Who speaks Russian?

Есть предположения?) Давай тебя так спрошу: Any suggestions?)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024