Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer Thread 12:01 - Jun 22 with 143015 viewsairedale

Is it worth making this a sticky one, so we can post as arising mods?

Luca Cigarini - Alalanta

http://www.gazzettaworld.com/news/transfer-market/rumour/swansea-city-enter-race

Simone Zaza - Juventus

https://www.clubcall.com/swansea-city/boss-wants-juve-star-1813393.html

Artur Ionita - Hellas Verona

https://www.clubcall.com/swansea-city/verona-star-linked-1813400.html
Transfer Thread on 22:48 - Jul 13 with 2430 viewsCooperman

Transfer Thread on 15:58 - Jul 13 by exiledinenglandjack

An option that i have trying to convince myself about could be balloteli, has come back and said he needs to pull his finger out and undoubtedly has some talent. Might work well under FG with the italian connection

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Transfer Thread on 10:00 - Jul 14 with 2222 viewsJango

Transfer Thread on 09:26 - Jul 13 by PozuelosSideys

If that is the extent of our summer transfer business, make no bones about it, we are going down. Like, Aston Villa without a fight, down. We will create nothing, score nothing.

So playing Ayew up top, a position he excelled in at the end of season, plus adding joe Allen and a better winger and right back would send us down? As another poster pointed out, we finished the season really well which I believe was down to excellent coaching and motivating from the staff. We are not gonna spend massive like some clubs so surely just spend more on the positions we need it most. I don't want to see big numbers coming in. Hardly ever works! Aston villa and Newcastle spent huge amounts last year and went down
Transfer Thread on 10:11 - Jul 14 with 2188 viewsicecoldjack

Am I the only one quite happy with Ayew being our number 1 striker next season ?

Like stated earlier it would mean him vacating his current " position" giving us a chance of real pace there instead.

While I would like a top class striker And the return of Joe Allen we're not in the worst position.
Transfer Thread on 10:27 - Jul 14 with 2148 viewsjasper_T

You can't stand still in this league without falling behind.
Transfer Thread on 10:52 - Jul 14 with 2129 viewsPhaedrus

Transfer Thread on 16:02 - Jul 13 by monmouth

Ha ha very amusing.

Oh shit, you're not serious are you?

Gomis on stilts.

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

Transfer Thread on 11:53 - Jul 14 with 2052 viewsolyon9

Transfer Thread on 10:52 - Jul 14 by Phaedrus

Gomis on stilts.

[Post edited 14 Jul 2016 12:14]
Transfer Thread on 12:05 - Jul 14 with 2032 viewsmacthejack

Transfer Thread on 11:53 - Jul 14 by olyon9

[Post edited 14 Jul 2016 12:14]

That video is brilliant, thanks for sharing.
Transfer Thread on 12:13 - Jul 14 with 2004 viewsolyon9

Transfer Thread on 10:52 - Jul 14 by Phaedrus

Gomis on stilts.

Hello Swansea fans I am just a Lyon fan passing. I see that you all noticed how Gomis can be annoying with his offsides. So I just want to share with you that parody made some years ago by a Lyon fan when he was at our club:.

I also see that his wages is a big issue for you. That was the same thing for us and I think that you will have to keep him or loan him until his end of contract because our president tried to ditch him the last two years but he never accept. He even refuse Swansea in his last year of contrat that made the president go nut accusing directly Gomis of having a behavior problem and be the cause of the departure of Anthony Martial because we needed money at this time. Lastly in the newspapers in France they say that Gomis is reallly close of Marseille but Marseille is in bad shape financially(for sale) so the rumours says that they cannot pay more than 30% of his wages.

Edit: Sorry for the multiple posting of the same post I was not thinking that the post was sent so I send him many times by misytake^^
[Post edited 14 Jul 2016 12:32]
Login to get fewer ads

Transfer Thread on 12:26 - Jul 14 with 1952 viewsPozuelosSideys

Transfer Thread on 10:00 - Jul 14 by Jango

So playing Ayew up top, a position he excelled in at the end of season, plus adding joe Allen and a better winger and right back would send us down? As another poster pointed out, we finished the season really well which I believe was down to excellent coaching and motivating from the staff. We are not gonna spend massive like some clubs so surely just spend more on the positions we need it most. I don't want to see big numbers coming in. Hardly ever works! Aston villa and Newcastle spent huge amounts last year and went down

I agree that Ayew looked more than capable up front towards the ends of the season. But id be hugely uncomfortable with having as our main man. When others are injured/out of form, he should be the one moving there - not bringing in somebody like HRK to do the job. Our back ups need to be quality as well as our starters.

Our wingers have generally been hit and miss for a few seasons. A couple of good games, then drift into obscurity. When that happens we will be screwed. Even more so if something happens to Gylfi. We have a bunch of workhouse midfielders/defensive midfielders who create nothing much and our full backs offer virtually zero in an attacking sense.

Worst case scenario would be we don't bring in a decent number 1 striker, we don't bring in a decent creative midfield player (not Allen!) and Gylfi gets injured. We struggled last season to create too, people forget due to the last few weeks of the season where other teams generally didn't turn up against us.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Transfer Thread on 13:04 - Jul 14 with 1873 viewsLeonisGod

Transfer Thread on 12:13 - Jul 14 by olyon9

Hello Swansea fans I am just a Lyon fan passing. I see that you all noticed how Gomis can be annoying with his offsides. So I just want to share with you that parody made some years ago by a Lyon fan when he was at our club:.

I also see that his wages is a big issue for you. That was the same thing for us and I think that you will have to keep him or loan him until his end of contract because our president tried to ditch him the last two years but he never accept. He even refuse Swansea in his last year of contrat that made the president go nut accusing directly Gomis of having a behavior problem and be the cause of the departure of Anthony Martial because we needed money at this time. Lastly in the newspapers in France they say that Gomis is reallly close of Marseille but Marseille is in bad shape financially(for sale) so the rumours says that they cannot pay more than 30% of his wages.

Edit: Sorry for the multiple posting of the same post I was not thinking that the post was sent so I send him many times by misytake^^

good video, and spot on

Gomis himself seems like a decent bloke and he seems to get on well with the team. But it's madness that we're repeating the same mistakes. I wonder if this apparent greed is being driven by his agent?
Transfer Thread on 13:19 - Jul 14 with 1830 viewsmonmouth

So we actually repeated all the mistakes made before on him? Good-oh. Glad to see we were on the ball.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Transfer Thread on 13:32 - Jul 14 with 1788 viewsWarwickHunt

Only 30% of his wages.

So, you only pay him when he's on-side? Brilliant - why the f*ck didn't we think of that?
Transfer Thread on 13:33 - Jul 14 with 1786 viewsLeonisGod

Transfer Thread on 13:19 - Jul 14 by monmouth

So we actually repeated all the mistakes made before on him? Good-oh. Glad to see we were on the ball.

Ayew has the same agent company and followed the same pattern: both run down deals to take up new posts on high wages, high signing on fees, long contracts. Both have a considerable amount of sh*t in the press on them too. It's ok I suppose when they perform, but a bugger to get rid of if they don't.
Transfer Thread on 13:47 - Jul 14 with 1739 viewskyswans

After the Charlotte game, I'm OK with giving McBurnie a run out. Obviously can't rely on him, but he's scored for us wherever he's been.
Transfer Thread on 14:20 - Jul 14 with 1688 viewsairedale

Transfer Thread on 13:47 - Jul 14 by kyswans

After the Charlotte game, I'm OK with giving McBurnie a run out. Obviously can't rely on him, but he's scored for us wherever he's been.

Some people think that he needs to pull his socks up.
Transfer Thread on 14:36 - Jul 14 with 1655 viewsmagicdaps10

We cant go into the season with only McBurnie as our only out and out striker.

I am sure there is a lot of work going on in the background because thus far, we are still 2 strikers, a midfielder and a Right Back short for the new season.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Transfer Thread on 14:41 - Jul 14 with 1638 viewsSwan91

Transfer Thread on 14:36 - Jul 14 by magicdaps10

We cant go into the season with only McBurnie as our only out and out striker.

I am sure there is a lot of work going on in the background because thus far, we are still 2 strikers, a midfielder and a Right Back short for the new season.

i'm pretty sure Ayew will be our striker... with one more brought in and then mcburnie as 3rd choice... if we sign Hal Robson Kanu then maybe we would have 4 strikers.

Ayew, New Transfer, Robson Kanu/Mcburnie
Transfer Thread on 14:42 - Jul 14 with 1636 viewsLeonisGod

Transfer Thread on 10:11 - Jul 14 by icecoldjack

Am I the only one quite happy with Ayew being our number 1 striker next season ?

Like stated earlier it would mean him vacating his current " position" giving us a chance of real pace there instead.

While I would like a top class striker And the return of Joe Allen we're not in the worst position.

Nope, I'm with you. Advantages being he does know where the net is, he's less of a temptation for us to play long and it allows us to unleash 2 genuine, pacey wingers. So far from the end of the world, even if strengthening the squad would be good.
Transfer Thread on 14:46 - Jul 14 with 1627 viewsshandyjack

Transfer Thread on 14:42 - Jul 14 by LeonisGod

Nope, I'm with you. Advantages being he does know where the net is, he's less of a temptation for us to play long and it allows us to unleash 2 genuine, pacey wingers. So far from the end of the world, even if strengthening the squad would be good.

Ayew up top guarantee's for me 15 goals next season, add another striker who can get 10, then me need midfield and wide men to chip in also with 5/6 each then happy days

Poll: Expectation for the season

Transfer Thread on 14:47 - Jul 14 with 1626 viewsJango

Transfer Thread on 14:42 - Jul 14 by LeonisGod

I'm with you also. We can't afford to have a player like Ayew playing as a cover. We know he works up top so for me spending silly money on a striker is silly when we need a fullback, winger and midfielder more. All comes down to what system guidolin wants to use but siggy just off Ayew worked very well towards end of season so I'm happy with that
Transfer Thread on 14:54 - Jul 14 with 1615 viewsAnotherJohn

People were happy last close season too, but not a few months later. Failing to make a major signing up front will get us relegated.
Transfer Thread on 15:02 - Jul 14 with 1590 viewsJango

Transfer Thread on 14:54 - Jul 14 by AnotherJohn

People were happy last close season too, but not a few months later. Failing to make a major signing up front will get us relegated.

Why weren't we relegated last year then?
Transfer Thread on 15:14 - Jul 14 with 1557 viewsicecoldjack

Yes agree with above comments. I also think paloschi moving on was maybe because Ayew is being considered as a starting striker .

I think FG is savvy enough to know that Ayew brings goals and needs to play, a few tweaks elsewhere may bring more from Ayew as an attacking threat .

I don't think It's all doom and gloom as long as we upgrade certain areas .
Transfer Thread on 15:25 - Jul 14 with 1515 viewsdobjack2

Transfer Thread on 12:26 - Jul 14 by PozuelosSideys

I agree that Ayew looked more than capable up front towards the ends of the season. But id be hugely uncomfortable with having as our main man. When others are injured/out of form, he should be the one moving there - not bringing in somebody like HRK to do the job. Our back ups need to be quality as well as our starters.

Our wingers have generally been hit and miss for a few seasons. A couple of good games, then drift into obscurity. When that happens we will be screwed. Even more so if something happens to Gylfi. We have a bunch of workhouse midfielders/defensive midfielders who create nothing much and our full backs offer virtually zero in an attacking sense.

Worst case scenario would be we don't bring in a decent number 1 striker, we don't bring in a decent creative midfield player (not Allen!) and Gylfi gets injured. We struggled last season to create too, people forget due to the last few weeks of the season where other teams generally didn't turn up against us.

Need a striker who can hold the ball up especially when we are under pressure.
Transfer Thread on 15:28 - Jul 14 with 1501 viewsGriffting

Well I doubt much will get concluded while Huw is out in America with the team so we probably won't see new signings for another week. Unless he's just flying out for the games?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024