Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer Thread 12:01 - Jun 22 with 143001 viewsairedale

Is it worth making this a sticky one, so we can post as arising mods?

Luca Cigarini - Alalanta

http://www.gazzettaworld.com/news/transfer-market/rumour/swansea-city-enter-race

Simone Zaza - Juventus

https://www.clubcall.com/swansea-city/boss-wants-juve-star-1813393.html

Artur Ionita - Hellas Verona

https://www.clubcall.com/swansea-city/verona-star-linked-1813400.html
Transfer Thread on 15:29 - Jul 14 with 2262 viewsTheKirkyLife

Ulloa/this Cameroon bloke, Allen or another midfielder of that sort and a RB and personally I'd be happy with that.
Transfer Thread on 15:40 - Jul 14 with 2235 viewsdailew

Transfer Thread on 15:02 - Jul 14 by Jango

Why weren't we relegated last year then?

This is wasted on the Brains Trust. They don't do logic.

The Drama Queens just operate on emotion - usually a state of panic because something is not absolutely perfect.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Transfer Thread on 15:59 - Jul 14 with 2178 viewsjasper_T

Transfer Thread on 15:29 - Jul 14 by TheKirkyLife

Ulloa/this Cameroon bloke, Allen or another midfielder of that sort and a RB and personally I'd be happy with that.

I'd prefer we just not bother if we're only going to look at strikers that aren't good enough to be starting for us.

It doesn't take a genius to see that Bony was the best value purchase we made in that position, and all these "bargains" we've bought recently (Gomis, Eder, Paloschi, Michu to an extent) have cost us more in the long... medium... even short term in Alberto's case.
Transfer Thread on 16:30 - Jul 14 with 2099 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Transfer Thread on 15:59 - Jul 14 by jasper_T

I'd prefer we just not bother if we're only going to look at strikers that aren't good enough to be starting for us.

It doesn't take a genius to see that Bony was the best value purchase we made in that position, and all these "bargains" we've bought recently (Gomis, Eder, Paloschi, Michu to an extent) have cost us more in the long... medium... even short term in Alberto's case.

Michu cost us more?
Transfer Thread on 16:33 - Jul 14 with 2091 viewsskippyjack

Middlesbrough going for it..

Valdes
Subotic
Negredo
Barragan
Ramirez

All close to a transfer

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Transfer Thread on 16:46 - Jul 14 with 2057 viewsJango

Transfer Thread on 15:59 - Jul 14 by jasper_T

We could spend £30million plus and it wouldn't guarantee success. Just look at Liverpool as an example.
Transfer Thread on 16:54 - Jul 14 with 2038 viewsmonmouth

Transfer Thread on 15:14 - Jul 14 by icecoldjack

Yes agree with above comments. I also think paloschi moving on was maybe because Ayew is being considered as a starting striker .

I think FG is savvy enough to know that Ayew brings goals and needs to play, a few tweaks elsewhere may bring more from Ayew as an attacking threat .

I don't think It's all doom and gloom as long as we upgrade certain areas .

I said in May that I thought Ayew and Gomis would be our striking options this season. Unless we can agree some acceptable split with marseille or some other unsuspecting dickhead meets Gomis ridiculous wage demands, I still see that being the case.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Transfer Thread on 16:55 - Jul 14 with 2031 viewsnyc_swans

Transfer Thread on 16:33 - Jul 14 by skippyjack

Middlesbrough going for it..

Valdes
Subotic
Negredo
Barragan
Ramirez

All close to a transfer

which of these players is not seriously flawed in some way or another? it's either an injury history, a lack of success at a big club, or an age issue.

is this the kind of activity people are looking and and hoping the club will replicate? i really couldn't disagree more.
Login to get fewer ads

Transfer Thread on 16:58 - Jul 14 with 2019 viewsmonmouth

Transfer Thread on 16:55 - Jul 14 by nyc_swans

which of these players is not seriously flawed in some way or another? it's either an injury history, a lack of success at a big club, or an age issue.

is this the kind of activity people are looking and and hoping the club will replicate? i really couldn't disagree more.

Good man.

Transfer Thread on 17:13 - Jul 14 with 1985 viewsskippyjack

Transfer Thread on 16:55 - Jul 14 by nyc_swans

Would you complain if we signed any of these?.. I doubt you will.. you'll just flip it all around and have a completely different opinion on them.

You're a hypocrite.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

Transfer Thread on 17:18 - Jul 14 with 1972 viewsnyc_swans

Transfer Thread on 17:13 - Jul 14 by skippyjack

Would you complain if we signed any of these?.. I doubt you will.. you'll just flip it all around and have a completely different opinion on them.

You're a hypocrite.

i am not going to complain about any signings the club makes. call me crazy, but i still trust that they will make wise decisions.

my point is that just because boro signed a bunch of players who were good 5 years ago doesn't mean they're doing everything right.
Transfer Thread on 17:47 - Jul 14 with 1886 viewsairedale

Another link to a goalie ffs!

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/07/14/leeds-and-swansea-chase-keeper-crook/
Transfer Thread on 17:57 - Jul 14 with 1855 viewsjasper_T

Transfer Thread on 16:30 - Jul 14 by A_Fans_Dad

Michu cost us more?

We ended up paying Michu the best part of £2m to go away.

Doubled our money on Bony.
Transfer Thread on 18:21 - Jul 14 with 1786 viewsLeonisGod

Transfer Thread on 17:57 - Jul 14 by jasper_T

For the pleasure of seeing him rip teams a new one, the cup win, the European qualification leading to the Valencia 0-3 result, that £2m + wages was the best money we've ever spent.
Transfer Thread on 18:25 - Jul 14 with 1765 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I would have said that was pretty cheap for 20 goals when we needed them most.
Especially as they helped to get us the silverware everyone seems to want.
Transfer Thread on 18:26 - Jul 14 with 1763 viewsskippyjack

Transfer Thread on 18:21 - Jul 14 by LeonisGod

For the pleasure of seeing him rip teams a new one, the cup win, the European qualification leading to the Valencia 0-3 result, that £2m + wages was the best money we've ever spent.

People pay for his 'expert' analysis mind.. His words are full of expertise.

Transfer Thread on 18:30 - Jul 14 with 1746 viewsGriffting

Transfer talk is slow then..
Transfer Thread on 18:34 - Jul 14 with 1738 viewsmax936

Yeah he was rubbish, apart from helping the Swans to play the best Football we've seen whilst we've been in the Premier League, the excitement we had whilst he was in full flow and scoring 20 odd goals in that wonderful season. dear me Jasper mun.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Transfer Thread on 18:46 - Jul 14 with 1694 viewsjasper_T

I didn't say he was rubbish, and qualified his inclusion in the list with "to an extent". You're being deliberately obtuse (or genuinely thick).

If he's the best £2m we ever spent (plus wages plus another £2m to get rid) how do we classify Bony? £2m well spent isn't nearly as good as £15m+ well made.
Transfer Thread on 18:49 - Jul 14 with 1681 viewsjasper_T

Transfer Thread on 18:26 - Jul 14 by skippyjack

People pay for his 'expert' analysis mind.. His words are full of expertise.

Who are you quoting when you say 'expert'?

Would be nice to meet a fan.
Transfer Thread on 19:05 - Jul 14 with 1640 viewsMattG

Transfer Thread on 18:46 - Jul 14 by jasper_T

I didn't say he was rubbish, and qualified his inclusion in the list with "to an extent". You're being deliberately obtuse (or genuinely thick).

If he's the best £2m we ever spent (plus wages plus another £2m to get rid) how do we classify Bony? £2m well spent isn't nearly as good as £15m+ well made.

That depends on your perspective. An accountant would probably agree with you.

However, as a fan, I see spending £2m on someone who was intrinsic to us winning our first major trophy and enjoying a not unsuccessful foray into Europe as much better value.
Transfer Thread on 19:10 - Jul 14 with 1631 viewsmax936

Transfer Thread on 18:46 - Jul 14 by jasper_T

I not being obtuse and I'm not thick thanks and no you didn't say he was rubbish, but as good as Bony was watching the seasons with Michu was more exciting and more rewarding with the trip to Wembley and qualification into Europe, Bony was excellent and I'd love to see him back, but for excitement value gimme a fit and firing me Michu as a Play maker/ Striker so yes he was well worth the cost.

If you don't agree fine.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Transfer Thread on 19:22 - Jul 14 with 1585 viewsPozuelosSideys

F*ck my eyes. Michu was the most genius bit of business we've ever done.

In hindsight, the worst bit was not shipping him out at the top of his value

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Transfer Thread on 19:25 - Jul 14 with 1576 viewsmonmouth

Transfer Thread on 19:05 - Jul 14 by MattG

That depends on your perspective. An accountant would probably agree with you.

However, as a fan, I see spending £2m on someone who was intrinsic to us winning our first major trophy and enjoying a not unsuccessful foray into Europe as much better value.

This. And I'm an accountant (of sorts).

Transfer Thread on 19:27 - Jul 14 with 1567 viewsGriffting

Both brilliant players, both added value to the club, and both now gone. We've missed Bony a lot more that we've missed Michu, but we did replace Michu with Gylfi. You could also argue that this team might not be as good as the team we had 2/3 years ago. One things for sure, we could do with another signing of that ilk this summer.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024