Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer Thread 12:01 - Jun 22 with 142979 viewsairedale

Is it worth making this a sticky one, so we can post as arising mods?

Luca Cigarini - Alalanta

http://www.gazzettaworld.com/news/transfer-market/rumour/swansea-city-enter-race

Simone Zaza - Juventus

https://www.clubcall.com/swansea-city/boss-wants-juve-star-1813393.html

Artur Ionita - Hellas Verona

https://www.clubcall.com/swansea-city/verona-star-linked-1813400.html
Transfer Thread on 21:36 - Jul 20 with 1859 viewsmagicdaps10

Unfortunately if we want to progress and add to what we need it seems that an 8 figure fee is going to be required for about 2-3 players that are required for the squad.
We are over stocked with wingers at present, with an ageing Leon then i would say we need someone to come in for Leon and 2 Strikers. Would have said that we need two fullbacks but i feel he will go with Naughton at RB and with the emergence of young Kingsley at LB, the need is not as required as it was.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Transfer Thread on 21:42 - Jul 20 with 1819 viewsAngelRangelQS

Transfer Thread on 21:32 - Jul 20 by Dr_Winston

Fer, Ki, Britton & Cork. Enough decent cover there for two positions that spending £13m is simply a reckless use of finite transfer cash. At £8m or so then signing Allen might be worthwhile. If Liverpool want most of their money back on a player they clearly don't want anymore then some other mug can pay it.

If we're going to be spending eight figures on someone this summer it needs to be a striker, or goalscoring winger.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Leon is the only one fit to clean Allen's boots and he's getting on now.

Leroy f*cking Fer.

Missing out on Allen would be insane IMO. Proven quality, great age and someone who'll probably start 300 games for us
Transfer Thread on 21:44 - Jul 20 with 1784 viewsstid

13M for a player in his final year? Thanks but no thanks.
Transfer Thread on 21:46 - Jul 20 with 1756 viewsAngelRangelQS

Transfer Thread on 21:44 - Jul 20 by stid

13M for a player in his final year? Thanks but no thanks.

No let's just watch him go elsewhere whilst we rely on the likes of Jack Cork and hope that Ki has his one good season in 4.
Transfer Thread on 21:48 - Jul 20 with 1739 viewsDr_Winston

Transfer Thread on 21:42 - Jul 20 by AngelRangelQS

Leon is the only one fit to clean Allen's boots and he's getting on now.

Leroy f*cking Fer.

Missing out on Allen would be insane IMO. Proven quality, great age and someone who'll probably start 300 games for us

It's amazing how quickly a player can go from "We f*cking mugged Liverpool off for £15m!" to "Oh God! Oh God! we have to pay £13m for Joe!" after one international tournament.

Allen is a good player. I won't even argue that he'd be an improvement on what we have. I just don't see spending £13m on a player in the last year of his contract and who his current club don't want as something we desperately need to do.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Transfer Thread on 21:49 - Jul 20 with 1725 viewsmjingram13

I must admit the lack of movement in the transfer market....every other club seems to be buying we just haven't bothered. I know some of the prices are inflated,as they always seem to be after a major tournament, however we have to do something and quick........
Transfer Thread on 21:51 - Jul 20 with 1713 viewsstid

Transfer Thread on 21:46 - Jul 20 by AngelRangelQS

No let's just watch him go elsewhere whilst we rely on the likes of Jack Cork and hope that Ki has his one good season in 4.

Realistically 13m would be a huge chunk of the transfer funds gone on a position we are not crying out to strengthen.
Transfer Thread on 21:53 - Jul 20 with 1698 viewsDaggyjack

Mario Gomez, who we have been linked with before, is not returning to Turkey due to the political unrest.

He is not wanted at Fiorentina, does not want to stay there so would be available relatively cheaply.

A proven goal scorer at a low price, albeit high wages no doubt, no brainer to me if we aren't looking to spend big.
Login to get fewer ads

Transfer Thread on 21:53 - Jul 20 with 1697 viewsGriffting

Transfer Thread on 21:32 - Jul 20 by Dr_Winston

Fer, Ki, Britton & Cork. Enough decent cover there for two positions that spending £13m is simply a reckless use of finite transfer cash. At £8m or so then signing Allen might be worthwhile. If Liverpool want most of their money back on a player they clearly don't want anymore then some other mug can pay it.

If we're going to be spending eight figures on someone this summer it needs to be a striker, or goalscoring winger.

I feel this is a Bony esque break the bank type year where two, maybe even three players are needed in that type of region, that are proven quality and will help us progress with the likes of Stoke, soton and the teams around us. Sure up the spine. Opinions all differ and when I look at those midfield options I feel were missing that player at the heart of the midfield to make everything tick on a consistent basis. I feel Allen would provide that. That's how I feel anyways. I've got no doubt he would go and be excellent for Stoke and worth the money.
Transfer Thread on 21:53 - Jul 20 with 1690 viewsAngelRangelQS

Transfer Thread on 21:48 - Jul 20 by Dr_Winston

It's amazing how quickly a player can go from "We f*cking mugged Liverpool off for £15m!" to "Oh God! Oh God! we have to pay £13m for Joe!" after one international tournament.

Allen is a good player. I won't even argue that he'd be an improvement on what we have. I just don't see spending £13m on a player in the last year of his contract and who his current club don't want as something we desperately need to do.

Well personally I've never said we mugged them off for £15m - I don't think we've ever really adequately replaced him. DeGuzman and Ki have had their moments, the latter fleetingly.

I'm also not sure what the issue is with paying £13m for a player who we know will fit seamlessly into the side and is a big upgrade on what we have. His worth is what sides are willing to pay for him and if we leave him go to stoke for only £1m or so more than we got for JJS then we deserve to struggle next season
Transfer Thread on 21:55 - Jul 20 with 1680 viewsveng9

Transfer Thread on 21:49 - Jul 20 by mjingram13

I must admit the lack of movement in the transfer market....every other club seems to be buying we just haven't bothered. I know some of the prices are inflated,as they always seem to be after a major tournament, however we have to do something and quick........

Would you mind going through every other clubs CONFIRMED transfer business? Half the league is struggling to sign players at the moment.
Transfer Thread on 21:57 - Jul 20 with 1666 viewsDr_Winston

Transfer Thread on 21:53 - Jul 20 by AngelRangelQS

Well personally I've never said we mugged them off for £15m - I don't think we've ever really adequately replaced him. DeGuzman and Ki have had their moments, the latter fleetingly.

I'm also not sure what the issue is with paying £13m for a player who we know will fit seamlessly into the side and is a big upgrade on what we have. His worth is what sides are willing to pay for him and if we leave him go to stoke for only £1m or so more than we got for JJS then we deserve to struggle next season

If we were crying out for another CM then I'd have no hesitation in suggesting we meet that valuation. We're not though.

How much realistically do you think we have to spend on players this summer? £30m tops? Do we really want to spend half that on Joe Allen when we still need at least one top quality striker and probably a winger too?

And de Guzman scored more goals in two seasons here than Joey has in his entire career thus far.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Transfer Thread on 22:00 - Jul 20 with 1636 viewsskippyjack

Transfer Thread on 21:48 - Jul 20 by Dr_Winston

Joe Allen has the necessary expertise that is required in our fight for survival.. because he dictates games from the bench, his goal ratio is superb, his assist count is through the roof, and his discipline is clearly top notch.

13 million is a f*cking bargain mun.. what have we got to lose? Our Premier League place?

f*cking ell.. We don't know if the Americans are in control of our club yet.. never mind the transfer budget..

which is probably 25 million, which 6 million has already been spent.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Transfer Thread on 22:00 - Jul 20 with 1628 viewstherealme

30 million! If we're lucky!

If we had 30 mil then Joe for 13 would be a no brainer. Transfer budget nearer 15m would be my guess

Francesco's black and white army ⚪️⚫️

Transfer Thread on 22:01 - Jul 20 with 1608 viewsstid

Transfer Thread on 22:00 - Jul 20 by therealme

30 million! If we're lucky!

If we had 30 mil then Joe for 13 would be a no brainer. Transfer budget nearer 15m would be my guess

15m wouldnt get us a decent Championship ST
Transfer Thread on 22:03 - Jul 20 with 1589 viewsJango

Why not just use the money from the shelvey transfer and buy him! Surely we would have had a transfer budget regardless of whether shelvey was sold or not. We never invested the bony money and now aren't investing the shelvey money either.
Transfer Thread on 22:05 - Jul 20 with 1574 viewsAngelRangelQS

Transfer Thread on 21:57 - Jul 20 by Dr_Winston

If we were crying out for another CM then I'd have no hesitation in suggesting we meet that valuation. We're not though.

How much realistically do you think we have to spend on players this summer? £30m tops? Do we really want to spend half that on Joe Allen when we still need at least one top quality striker and probably a winger too?

And de Guzman scored more goals in two seasons here than Joey has in his entire career thus far.

I have no idea how much we have to spend and I see your point but arguably the central midfield positions are as key as anywhere else. You've been telling anyone who will listen that the problem has been the way we are playing, our lack of spark, lack of creativity and Joe Allen can bring all of those things.

It's no good spending £15m on a striker with a crap midfield which I'm sorry to say Britton-Fer-Cork and Ki are - probably the worst collective central midfield in the division.

If you're talking transfer budget, why have we spent money on a fourth choice centre back, a bang average central midfielder and a fourth f*cking keeper and sold all our strikers? Absolutely mental so far
Transfer Thread on 22:06 - Jul 20 with 1575 viewsmagicdaps10

Honestly some on here!!

13M for a player of immense quality, a good age and was just in the Euro 2016 team of the tournament. As someone as stated, that is 1M more than what Newcastle paid for Shelvey.

If we want to progress, lets not forget that our current board have said they sold their shares for this new lot to progress us on and off the field then we must be looking to break the 10M barrier once again but not just for 1 player but for 3 if not possibly 4 players. We are playing with the big boys now and their protein intake as just got bigger of the back of the new TV money intake.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Transfer Thread on 22:09 - Jul 20 with 1541 viewsveng9

Transfer Thread on 22:05 - Jul 20 by AngelRangelQS

I have no idea how much we have to spend and I see your point but arguably the central midfield positions are as key as anywhere else. You've been telling anyone who will listen that the problem has been the way we are playing, our lack of spark, lack of creativity and Joe Allen can bring all of those things.

It's no good spending £15m on a striker with a crap midfield which I'm sorry to say Britton-Fer-Cork and Ki are - probably the worst collective central midfield in the division.

If you're talking transfer budget, why have we spent money on a fourth choice centre back, a bang average central midfielder and a fourth f*cking keeper and sold all our strikers? Absolutely mental so far

Sorry there's no way we're near the worst midfield in the division.
Transfer Thread on 22:10 - Jul 20 with 1535 viewsAngelRangelQS

Transfer Thread on 22:06 - Jul 20 by magicdaps10

Honestly some on here!!

13M for a player of immense quality, a good age and was just in the Euro 2016 team of the tournament. As someone as stated, that is 1M more than what Newcastle paid for Shelvey.

If we want to progress, lets not forget that our current board have said they sold their shares for this new lot to progress us on and off the field then we must be looking to break the 10M barrier once again but not just for 1 player but for 3 if not possibly 4 players. We are playing with the big boys now and their protein intake as just got bigger of the back of the new TV money intake.

We've also recouped around £12m in transfer fees this summer. Plus the £12m for JJS last January. £30m this summer would be a net spend on transfers this season of around £13m
Transfer Thread on 22:11 - Jul 20 with 1506 viewsDr_Winston

Transfer Thread on 22:05 - Jul 20 by AngelRangelQS

Removing Monk and installing someone competent can bring all those things too. I was always pretty clear about where I thought the blame lay, and it wasn't with the players.

I'm sorry, but I can't get on board with the narrative that a central midfield which competed well enough last season has suddenly become shite just because people want to sign Joe Allen.

We've spent money on another CB because, I'd suggest, that four players for two positions is really what you need in the Premier League.

Transfer Thread on 22:12 - Jul 20 with 1496 viewstherealme

Transfer Thread on 22:01 - Jul 20 by stid

15m wouldnt get us a decent Championship ST

Not true

There's a lorry load of hidden gems out there, just need to scout well

Francesco's black and white army ⚪️⚫️

Transfer Thread on 22:14 - Jul 20 with 1470 viewsdobjack2

Transfer Thread on 22:06 - Jul 20 by magicdaps10

Honestly some on here!!

This is make or break for the board and the sellers.

The reason given for the sale is that they couldn't take us further and we wouldn't be able to compete with comparative teams.

If we can't compete with teams like Stoke in the transfer market who are comparative to us what was the point of the share shale for anyone other than the shareholders.
Transfer Thread on 22:16 - Jul 20 with 1450 viewsAngelRangelQS

Transfer Thread on 22:11 - Jul 20 by Dr_Winston

Removing Monk and installing someone competent can bring all those things too. I was always pretty clear about where I thought the blame lay, and it wasn't with the players.

I'm sorry, but I can't get on board with the narrative that a central midfield which competed well enough last season has suddenly become shite just because people want to sign Joe Allen.

We've spent money on another CB because, I'd suggest, that four players for two positions is really what you need in the Premier League.

If you think that Jack Cork and Leroy Fer can be relied upon across a premier league season along with Ki and an aging Leon (sorry Leon) then we are never going to agree on this.

We didn't look much better going forward under Guidolin. It was only Gylfi's form that kept us up IMO and getting rid of that waste of space Shelvey. Let's see if Guidolin changes from the tried and tested diamond next season - it's not like he hasn't played it in the two preseason games
Transfer Thread on 22:22 - Jul 20 with 1418 viewsstid

Transfer Thread on 22:14 - Jul 20 by dobjack2

This is make or break for the board and the sellers.

The reason given for the sale is that they couldn't take us further and we wouldn't be able to compete with comparative teams.

If we can't compete with teams like Stoke in the transfer market who are comparative to us what was the point of the share shale for anyone other than the shareholders.

You are forgetting that he has 1 year to run?...13m for a player with 1 year left would be shocking business
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024