Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Labour about to collapse. 09:44 - Jun 26 with 19057 viewstrampie

Labour is on the verge of collapse both internally and amongst voters, apparently a third of people that voted Labour in the last General Election would now vote for other parties, people are also speculating that up to a half of the Labour shadow cabinet could resign.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Labour about to collapse. on 09:51 - Jun 26 with 4042 viewsItchySphincter

Depends who leads them. They could make huge gains in an early general election with the right leader and policies, Lib Dem also. Another coalition, pro EU, for the next government wouldn't surprise me one little bit.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2016 13:57]

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Labour about to collapse. on 10:32 - Jun 26 with 4008 viewsWingstandwood

Sadly Trampie Labour turned into The Conservative Party Mk 2 e.g Norman Tebbit wanna-be Emily Thornberry A.K.A 'Tory Girl' with her 'shit-under-her-shoe' disgust towards working class people...... The North South divide remained under Blair and Brown and to make it even worse?....... A SW Wales - SE Wales divide was created by Welsh Labour..........Labour the party of Thatcherite regional partition.

Sadly there are very few caring conviction types left in the Labour party now because its stuffed full of career-politicians. I can't remember who it was but was it you whom referred to Labour as the Red Tories? I use that term also!
[Post edited 26 Jun 2016 10:33]

Argus!

Labour about to collapse. on 10:36 - Jun 26 with 3986 viewsHighjack

Anyone else absolutely terrified Blair might come back?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Labour about to collapse. on 10:37 - Jun 26 with 3984 viewsCooperman

Labour about to collapse. on 10:36 - Jun 26 by Highjack

Anyone else absolutely terrified Blair might come back?

Terrified at the thought but he's got too many fingers in too many pies these days.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Labour about to collapse. on 11:12 - Jun 26 with 3937 viewsexiledclaseboy

We have no government to speak of, no opposition to speak of and we've just voted to leave the EU.

These are dangerous times for the UK. No wonder Adele is so miserable.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2016 11:16]

Poll: Tory leader

Labour about to collapse. on 11:22 - Jun 26 with 3905 viewsexiledclaseboy

Gloria de Piero has resigned from the labour front bench now. Wonder if she needs comforting.

Labour about to collapse. on 11:22 - Jun 26 with 3903 viewsLord_Bony

Labour about to collapse. on 11:12 - Jun 26 by exiledclaseboy

We have no government to speak of, no opposition to speak of and we've just voted to leave the EU.

Absolutely.

The United Kingdom is like a large cruise liner with no crew floundering on the high seas while the passengers await a new one...

But having said that we have been in far worse positions in the past...I m pretty sure it will be sorted over the next few years with minimal impact to the man in the street.

These are not easy times but we will pull through....

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Labour about to collapse. on 11:24 - Jun 26 with 3895 viewsjackonicko

Labour about to collapse. on 11:12 - Jun 26 by exiledclaseboy

I've sat and watched all the big Sunday politics shows thus far. These are the big TV events where our politicians speak to the country and provide calm assurance.

No Prime Minister. no chancellor. No Home Secretary. No foreign secretary. No leader of the opposition. No leader of the Leave Campaign. None of the other big beasts of the Leave campaign other than IDS. Liam Fox doesn't count.

Our PM has done nothing since he announced he was quitting at 8am on Friday morning. He may not agree with the result, but he is still the prime minister until October.

At a time of genuine national crisis (and I don't think it's hyperbole to say that it is), our country leaders and the leaders on both sides of the debate are in hiding. That is not leadership. It's outrageous.
Login to get fewer ads

Labour about to collapse. on 11:29 - Jun 26 with 3888 viewstrampie

Labour about to collapse. on 10:32 - Jun 26 by Wingstandwood

Sadly Trampie Labour turned into The Conservative Party Mk 2 e.g Norman Tebbit wanna-be Emily Thornberry A.K.A 'Tory Girl' with her 'shit-under-her-shoe' disgust towards working class people...... The North South divide remained under Blair and Brown and to make it even worse?....... A SW Wales - SE Wales divide was created by Welsh Labour..........Labour the party of Thatcherite regional partition.

Sadly there are very few caring conviction types left in the Labour party now because its stuffed full of career-politicians. I can't remember who it was but was it you whom referred to Labour as the Red Tories? I use that term also!
[Post edited 26 Jun 2016 10:33]

It was a leading Labour figure and spin doctor that came out with, we are all children of Thatcher now type of line, then a few years later the Labour shadow secretary for works and pensions came out with the, we are not a party for people out of work and on benefits type of line.

I do describe Labour as Red Tories but so do loads of others, I think some on here thought that I had personally dreamt that tag up. lol.

[Post edited 26 Jun 2016 11:37]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Labour about to collapse. on 11:31 - Jun 26 with 3881 viewsBrynmill_Jack

If I were trampie I'd be more worried about how utterly irrelevant plaid are in their own country.

Labour will be fine, the London vote seems to be made up predominantly of blairites, and the rest of the country outvoted London in the referendum anyway.

Itchy seems to be under the impression that MP's can just get rid of Corbyn in a fit of pique but even if he resigned to force another membership ballot the MEMBERS (the little people who voted him in by a landslide) will encourage him to stand again and then re elect him.

Itchy mentions "sensible policies". These same "sensible" policies have been in place since pre New Labour and have resulted in the worst austerity crisis since the 1930's due to unregulated financial chaos condoned and encouraged by government, the cheap offloading of the country's gold reserves for next to nothing, the complete and utter decimation of any manufacturing industry we had left (I really don't think steel in PT is safe and it's our only blast furnace LEFT) and participation in three or four foreign wars which have left a gaping wound in our armed forces from the dead and maimed young men and women of this country not to mention hundreds of thousands of dead men women and children who actually lived happily enough in those places before we joined the American crusade.
And that's not even including the terror and fear it's imported into our own doorsteps.

As a country we've tried the centre right route for thirty to forty years now and it will never work. The definition of idiocy is trying the same method repeatedly and expecting different results. Wake up , it's NEVER going to work for the benefit of the people of this country of ours.

Instead of demonizing Corbyn people should demonize the political anti Christ's that rubbish his vision for a better Britain where public services are protected, the NHS goes back to something that works properly in public hands, affordable social housing for young people is provided so they don't bankrupt themselves trying to buy a garden shed to live in, accountability for bankers so they have to think twice about gambling away their depositors cash like a Saturday night drunk on a one armed bandi ---t and a fairer more egalitarian Britain.

Because egalitarianism means less division, more commonality and a happier populace. It maybe that's wrong and a minority view nowadays?
[Post edited 26 Jun 2016 11:38]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Labour about to collapse. on 11:38 - Jun 26 with 3854 viewstrampie

Labour are traitors to the working class and poor, i'm not trying to upset or wind up any Labour voters on here or nothing like that, I just think they are traitors.

Labour about to collapse. on 11:40 - Jun 26 with 3841 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Labour about to collapse. on 11:38 - Jun 26 by trampie

Labour are traitors to the working class and poor, i'm not trying to upset or wind up any Labour voters on here or nothing like that, I just think they are traitors.

You are the biggest idiot dreamer on here. You have no truck with any of the working class. I bet you've retired , have no mortgage and just want an independent Wales because your hatred of Britain gives you a sense of belonging or identity. See a shrink

Labour about to collapse. on 11:53 - Jun 26 with 3819 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Labour about to collapse. on 11:24 - Jun 26 by jackonicko

I've sat and watched all the big Sunday politics shows thus far. These are the big TV events where our politicians speak to the country and provide calm assurance.

No Prime Minister. no chancellor. No Home Secretary. No foreign secretary. No leader of the opposition. No leader of the Leave Campaign. None of the other big beasts of the Leave campaign other than IDS. Liam Fox doesn't count.

Our PM has done nothing since he announced he was quitting at 8am on Friday morning. He may not agree with the result, but he is still the prime minister until October.

At a time of genuine national crisis (and I don't think it's hyperbole to say that it is), our country leaders and the leaders on both sides of the debate are in hiding. That is not leadership. It's outrageous.

I said on another thread that I'm dreading the 24-7 non-stop 'Brexitmania' that will dominate the media for the foreseeable future, but I have to admit I'm finding it mildly fascinating at this stage given the fall-out - and this comment from a Guardian reader rings true for me..

"The country voted to 'Take Control'. Now the men who led us here are in the foetal position in the nursery, begging Nanny to make it all go away. This is what happens when Bullingdon boys treat matters of vital national significance like a debating society motion. Man up and deal with it!"

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Labour about to collapse. on 12:04 - Jun 26 with 3757 viewsDarran

John McDonnell just said on Sky News that the Tories are in disarray.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Labour about to collapse. on 12:07 - Jun 26 with 3769 viewspikeypaul

I very rarely agree with trampie,but he is spot on with Labour being traitors to the working class and poor.
Career politicians lining their own pockets whilst riding the gravy train.But hey Mrs Davies from Cimla will still vote for them regardless since her father,grandfather,great grandfather did,and she does like a robot.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Labour about to collapse. on 12:08 - Jun 26 with 3762 viewsPrivate_Partz

This was always coming to a head as many Labour politicians have been trying to get rid of JC since his election as Leader. He has tried to be open minded and have consensus amongst them but they did not play ball. Time to clear out the dead wood and get politicians in the shadow cabinet that represent grass routes Labour membership.
My only disappointment is the timing of this as JC's hand is being forced at a time when there should be unity from the Party and way forward being defined.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Labour about to collapse. on 12:11 - Jun 26 with 3756 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Cameron's is the worst case of dereliction of duty I have ever seen, he took an oath of office.
All the promises of "whatever happens I will lead the country" and within 1 day he resigns like some spoilt kid, oh well he would, wouldn't he, because that is exactly what he is.
His remark about "why should I bother with all this sh*t when someone esle is taking over" says it all.
A man of principle he is not.
Labour about to collapse. on 12:12 - Jun 26 with 3750 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Am I the only one th a thinks the country would do just fine if all politicians f****d off for a few months.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Labour about to collapse. on 12:15 - Jun 26 with 3739 viewsLohengrin

Brynmill wrote: "Itchy seems to be under the impression that MP's can just get rid of Corbyn in a fit of pique but even if he resigned to force another membership ballot the MEMBERS (the little people who voted him in by a landslide) will encourage him to stand again and then re elect him."

There's an interesting piece by Rob Ford in today's Observer outlining just how deep Labour's problem now runs. They have "a leader who is an open and professed enthusiast for mass immigration." He, and one must assume, the vast majority of Labour members who back him share his enthusiasm for "socially liberal cosmopolitanism." Diversity, multiculturalism is the end to which all efforts are focused and expended. These are the values of the Labour leadership, the faith of its membership.

Now, as Ford points out "the traditional voter base has risen up en masse to reject those values." That "mass migration was something the 'left-behind' electorate never wanted, never voted for and have never accepted." He says that "something had to give." It has.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Labour about to collapse. on 12:15 - Jun 26 with 3738 viewsexiledclaseboy

I absolutely agree. I've had John Pieenar's excellent 5Live show on this morning and it's been almost entirely devoted to leadership contest (in both parties) speculation. It's almost as if we're not facing a crisis of unprecedented proportions. The government is crippled with inertia and division and the opposition is the same. It's a genuine shambles.

Labour about to collapse. on 12:24 - Jun 26 with 3714 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Labour about to collapse. on 12:15 - Jun 26 by Lohengrin

Brynmill wrote: "Itchy seems to be under the impression that MP's can just get rid of Corbyn in a fit of pique but even if he resigned to force another membership ballot the MEMBERS (the little people who voted him in by a landslide) will encourage him to stand again and then re elect him."

There's an interesting piece by Rob Ford in today's Observer outlining just how deep Labour's problem now runs. They have "a leader who is an open and professed enthusiast for mass immigration." He, and one must assume, the vast majority of Labour members who back him share his enthusiasm for "socially liberal cosmopolitanism." Diversity, multiculturalism is the end to which all efforts are focused and expended. These are the values of the Labour leadership, the faith of its membership.

Now, as Ford points out "the traditional voter base has risen up en masse to reject those values." That "mass migration was something the 'left-behind' electorate never wanted, never voted for and have never accepted." He says that "something had to give." It has.

Let's have some links to suggest he's in favour of mass immigration. I dare say he probably disagreed with Blair on that policy too.

Do you think that the centre right has done well for the country too loh? I detect some empathy from you for the need for change that I outlined, especially over the NHS, transport and the one thing I didn't mention, Energy back in the public's hands.

Labour about to collapse. on 12:26 - Jun 26 with 3711 viewssherpajacob

Am I missing something, from polls I've seen approx 65-70% of labour supporters voted remain, yet leave winning is now Corbyns fault?.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Labour about to collapse. on 12:37 - Jun 26 with 3674 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Labour about to collapse. on 12:26 - Jun 26 by sherpajacob

Am I missing something, from polls I've seen approx 65-70% of labour supporters voted remain, yet leave winning is now Corbyns fault?.

His political Labour party hate him for not being a career politician and being elected by the little people. It's about time they were made to realise its the little people who elected them in the first place.

Labour about to collapse. on 12:43 - Jun 26 with 3667 viewsLohengrin

Labour about to collapse. on 12:24 - Jun 26 by Brynmill_Jack

Let's have some links to suggest he's in favour of mass immigration. I dare say he probably disagreed with Blair on that policy too.

Do you think that the centre right has done well for the country too loh? I detect some empathy from you for the need for change that I outlined, especially over the NHS, transport and the one thing I didn't mention, Energy back in the public's hands.

On the first part you're joking, right? We'd be here for months posting up links.

Empathy? It would get support from me and anybody else of a nationalist bent. A nation's infrastructure is exactly that. It's both a shared inheritance and a shared obligation to maintain.

If nothing else I think the vote to Leave may be the signal for a real sea-change in British politics. It is going to free people up, embolden them to say what they really think. We've all been taken for a ride for far too long.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Labour about to collapse. on 12:45 - Jun 26 with 3660 viewsDr_Winston

Labour about to collapse. on 12:37 - Jun 26 by Brynmill_Jack

His political Labour party hate him for not being a career politician and being elected by the little people. It's about time they were made to realise its the little people who elected them in the first place.

He's been an MP for 33 years. If he's not a career politician then he's hiding it well.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024