Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlotte Independence Game observations 23:41 - Jul 14 with 5164 viewsCaliforniaJack

I was at last nights friendly in Charlotte, NC. In summary here are my observations ...

1. Dyer was lively and a handful during the first half. It would seem he's returned from LEicester and feels he has a point to prove.

2. Routledge was outstanding last night - quick and strong and was always looking for through balls to be played into his feet.

3. Van Fer Hoorn looked strong in the air and was great at the limited set pieces he had to defend.

4. Oliver MCBurnie - Wow. For his age this lad is class. Didn't stop running and looked for openings all night.

5. Barrow was so quick he made both goals for Routledge.

6. Cork and Leon put in decent shifts and kept the ball rolling.

7. Gorre and Kingsley did well but need more game time.

8. It was way too hot (almost 100 degrees) Guidolin was heard to shout "Mamma Mia" several times.

Charlotte Independence Game observations on 23:45 - Jul 14 with 4533 viewsItchySphincter

Can't judge anything playing a bunch of bums.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Charlotte Independence Game observations on 23:46 - Jul 14 with 4530 viewsDarran

Nice review but it'll have no comparison to the PL.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Charlotte Independence Game observations on 23:55 - Jul 14 with 4515 viewsMuteswan

Charlotte Independence Game observations on 23:46 - Jul 14 by Darran

I agree, but it's better for the alsorans to play with some of the regulars against a proper team, albeit a weak team, to get confidence together. Hopefully they will learn a lot.
Charlotte Independence Game observations on 07:01 - Jul 15 with 4315 viewsbuilthjack

Charlotte Independence Game observations on 23:46 - Jul 14 by Darran

Agree here. They were most likely about the standard of Welsh Lague Div 2. Just a training exercise to get some match fitness.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Charlotte Independence Game observations on 07:10 - Jul 15 with 4293 viewsClinton

Whatever the opposition, good to see some of the boys looking sharp I would say.
There will be some tired players around the Premier League after the Euros, important we start strongly, without those points from the first 4 games last season or would have been even more nervy.

Edit. Thanks California mun. Nice review.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2016 21:55]

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Charlotte Independence Game observations on 12:39 - Jul 15 with 3901 viewsCaliforniaJack

Would you have preferred us to play Real Madrid as our first pre-season friendly ?!?
Guys, this was a warm up game ... Nice to see the lads looking sharp after a few months out.
Also good to see one of our new players in action and the U21's looking like they have progressed.
Charlotte Independence Game observations on 12:45 - Jul 15 with 3879 viewsDarran

Charlotte Independence Game observations on 12:39 - Jul 15 by CaliforniaJack

Would you have preferred us to play Real Madrid as our first pre-season friendly ?!?
Guys, this was a warm up game ... Nice to see the lads looking sharp after a few months out.
Also good to see one of our new players in action and the U21's looking like they have progressed.

Well it's a pre-season friendly and whoever we play will still have nothing to do with the coming PL season but still thanks for the review though.

Charlotte Independence Game observations on 13:30 - Jul 15 with 3799 viewsnierika

Would have been nice to see them play an MLS team like Palace did
Login to get fewer ads

Charlotte Independence Game observations on 13:32 - Jul 15 with 3788 viewsHighjack

Charlotte Independence Game observations on 13:30 - Jul 15 by nierika

Would have been nice to see them play an MLS team like Palace did

Would still have been a bunch of bums.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Charlotte Independence Game observations on 14:50 - Jul 15 with 3703 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Charlotte Independence Game observations on 23:45 - Jul 14 by ItchySphincter

Can't judge anything playing a bunch of bums.

Tell that to Oxford United.
Charlotte Independence Game observations on 14:56 - Jul 15 with 3685 viewsnantywatcher

Thanks for your interesting feedback - sorry about all the negative feedback after you've made the effort to be positive - most on here spend their time looking for something negative to write. By the way 0-4 does that mean we got thrashed?
Charlotte Independence Game observations on 14:59 - Jul 15 with 3675 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Charlotte Independence Game observations on 14:56 - Jul 15 by nantywatcher

Thanks for your interesting feedback - sorry about all the negative feedback after you've made the effort to be positive - most on here spend their time looking for something negative to write. By the way 0-4 does that mean we got thrashed?

No I assume it means we were the away team as per scoring convention.
Yes thanks for the feedback CaliforniaJack.
It must be tough playing 90 minutes in those temps.
Charlotte Independence Game observations on 16:15 - Jul 15 with 3589 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Charlotte Independence Game observations on 12:39 - Jul 15 by CaliforniaJack

Pay no attention to Darran, he's just a bitter ex modertor who thinks he should still be one, but was unfortunately found wanting. Thanks for the info, keep up the good work CJ.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2016 16:16]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Charlotte Independence Game observations on 16:16 - Jul 15 with 3585 viewsDarran

Charlotte Independence Game observations on 14:56 - Jul 15 by nantywatcher

Negative or honest?

Charlotte Independence Game observations on 16:38 - Jul 15 with 3541 viewsnantywatcher

Charlotte Independence Game observations on 16:16 - Jul 15 by Darran

Negative or honest?

Negative. California's comments are all basically about our player's attitudes - which seemed to be overwhelmingly positive (I particularly noticed Nathan's great reaction when the first goal went in.). Regardless of the opposition everything starts with attitude (appro Oxford earlier this year.)
Charlotte Independence Game observations on 16:41 - Jul 15 with 3535 viewsDarran

Charlotte Independence Game observations on 16:38 - Jul 15 by nantywatcher

Negative. California's comments are all basically about our player's attitudes - which seemed to be overwhelmingly positive (I particularly noticed Nathan's great reaction when the first goal went in.). Regardless of the opposition everything starts with attitude (appro Oxford earlier this year.)

Yeah Routledge was outstanding too apparently.

So you think this game will have any bearing on the coming season then?

Charlotte Independence Game observations on 16:53 - Jul 15 with 3503 viewsnantywatcher

Charlotte Independence Game observations on 16:41 - Jul 15 by Darran

Of course!
FG will definitely take player's attitudes and efforts in this tour into consideration. If he gauges that they are not taking their careers seriously now the new season is approaching I would take it as read they will struggle to get into his squad - regardless of who they are
Charlotte Independence Game observations on 16:54 - Jul 15 with 3499 viewsDarran

Charlotte Independence Game observations on 16:53 - Jul 15 by nantywatcher

Of course!
FG will definitely take player's attitudes and efforts in this tour into consideration. If he gauges that they are not taking their careers seriously now the new season is approaching I would take it as read they will struggle to get into his squad - regardless of who they are

Ok then.

Charlotte Independence Game observations on 01:14 - Jul 16 with 3264 viewsTNT

Yeah, thanks for posting your observations J. Hope you're all well. You won't be missing the Swansea weather you were once used to, mate.

If you, or anyone else goes to the next game, I for one would like to read what a rank and file Jack thinks of it.

YJB!

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Charlotte Independence Game observations on 10:03 - Jul 16 with 3102 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Charlotte Independence Game observations on 16:41 - Jul 15 by Darran

So you're saying that you don't rate Routledge then?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Charlotte Independence Game observations on 10:16 - Jul 16 with 3079 views3swan

It's not meant to be a comparison with how they get on in the PL next season though.

It's the first game in pre-season and can be the first indicator in how fit and switched on the players are.

It all starts here and end next May
Charlotte Independence Game observations on 10:20 - Jul 16 with 3069 viewsDarran

Charlotte Independence Game observations on 10:16 - Jul 16 by 3swan

It's not meant to be a comparison with how they get on in the PL next season though.

It's the first game in pre-season and can be the first indicator in how fit and switched on the players are.

It all starts here and end next May

Exactly Clive.

Charlotte Independence Game observations on 20:01 - Jul 16 with 2887 viewsCaliforniaJack

I attended training at the DC United training ground last night.

Andre Ayew joined the team for training for the full two hours session. He looked sharp and was put through some specific finishing drills.

Very warm again yesterday so the session was held early evening.

Upon leaving I managed to bump into and quickly chat to some of the
DC United management.
Charlotte Independence Game observations on 20:23 - Jul 16 with 2846 viewsDarran

Charlotte Independence Game observations on 20:01 - Jul 16 by CaliforniaJack

I attended training at the DC United training ground last night.

Andre Ayew joined the team for training for the full two hours session. He looked sharp and was put through some specific finishing drills.

Very warm again yesterday so the session was held early evening.

Upon leaving I managed to bump into and quickly chat to some of the
DC United management.

Have a lovely night my friend I look forward to your report.

Charlotte Independence Game observations on 20:47 - Jul 16 with 2783 viewsFlashberryjack

Charlotte Independence Game observations on 20:23 - Jul 16 by Darran

Have a lovely night my friend I look forward to your report.

Same here

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024