Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Guidolin Effect (or lack of it!) 21:34 - Jul 26 with 4732 viewsTrewyddfa_Jack

I must admit Francesco was not my first choice as Manager/Coach for the new season but after keeping us up yes why not, he deserves the chance.
My concern is the problem over communication due to his limited English and after seeing his interview after the Bristol Rovers friendly, It seems to be worse even cringeworthy.
He certainly is not comfortable in front of the camera and I felt embarrassed for him.
I'm just wondering how much of an effect this could be for any potential payers we are looking to sign, many players sign because of the manager, is this one of the reasons Joe Allen signed for Stoke?
We certainly should be able to attract decent players now that we are an established Premier League club.
But we also seem out of favour with the press because of poor communication from the manager and we are no longer "media friendly". They seem to be staying away from us compared to the times with Rodgers, Laudrup and Monk where we were never out of the news and always giving interviews.
This all gives me a lack confidence for the new season especially with the lack of signings so far.
But it could all change in the next few weeks and we finish in the top 8 !!!
Why do I worry?

The Guidolin Effect (or lack of it!) on 21:39 - Jul 26 with 3144 viewsDarran

I'm sure it would be fine if we signed Italians.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Guidolin Effect (or lack of it!) on 21:46 - Jul 26 with 3091 viewsmorningstar

The Guidolin Effect (or lack of it!) on 21:39 - Jul 26 by Darran

Or Vaticanesse?

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

The Guidolin Effect (or lack of it!) on 21:48 - Jul 26 with 3066 viewsTrewyddfa_Jack

The Guidolin Effect (or lack of it!) on 21:39 - Jul 26 by Darran

Look what happened when we did, he certainly wasn't premier league quality.
He obviously knew that and did well to move on.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2016 21:49]
The Guidolin Effect (or lack of it!) on 22:07 - Jul 26 with 2928 viewsSwansNZ

Why do you worry? No idea.

What top players did Rodgers and Monk attract?

I don't think us not signing anyone (of note), has anything to do with our manager. Allen wanted to play for such a great manager as Mark Fecking Hughes? Yeah, right

Who gives a toss if we are/not media darlings — let our play show what we are about, not some bullshit from our manager.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Guidolin Effect (or lack of it!) on 22:12 - Jul 26 with 2891 viewsmonmouth

Hmm...what's that I can smell...?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Guidolin Effect (or lack of it!) on 22:13 - Jul 26 with 2889 viewsClinton

What do you want? Wonderful articles in the independent like the one praising Pep last year. The press are prize plonkers whose opinions are fickle and misguided rubbish. they don't matter much in the scheme of things.
Happy for them to ignore us if they can't be bothered to pick up on the musings of one of the most experienced coaches around simply because he speaks in broken English.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

The Guidolin Effect (or lack of it!) on 22:19 - Jul 26 with 2842 viewsGriffting

You do realise Pochetinno couldn't speak English when he went to Southampton and was pretty much Unknown.. They signed some pretty good players.. Let's be completely honest, it's nothing to do with the man in charge, as long as the money's good. Joe Allen had no choice in the matter, because me simply didn't match Stokes bid. If we start banding about 15, 20 million pound offers with big contracts you'd soon see the players flock. Managers English is much better since getting here, it's not so easy to learn a new language.
The Guidolin Effect (or lack of it!) on 22:28 - Jul 26 with 2767 viewsblaine_scfc

Joe signed for Stoke because there was no offer on the table from us.

I honestly can't believe we are getting negative posts about the manager who fixed Monks complete and utter f*ck up alongside Curt, before the season has started. He has said himself, he is not in control of signings, Huw and co are. If we don't strengthen, the buck stops at them and the yanks, no one else.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2016 22:29]
Login to get fewer ads

The Guidolin Effect (or lack of it!) on 22:28 - Jul 26 with 2765 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Guidolin Effect (or lack of it!) on 22:19 - Jul 26 by Griffting

You do realise Pochetinno couldn't speak English when he went to Southampton and was pretty much Unknown.. They signed some pretty good players.. Let's be completely honest, it's nothing to do with the man in charge, as long as the money's good. Joe Allen had no choice in the matter, because me simply didn't match Stokes bid. If we start banding about 15, 20 million pound offers with big contracts you'd soon see the players flock. Managers English is much better since getting here, it's not so easy to learn a new language.

Francesco was out jogging along the seafront by St helens at 5. I beeped and waved and he stopped to wave back. I think I "Darraned" him.
Seems as down to earth as anyone could possibly want, unlike big head Rodgers

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Guidolin Effect (or lack of it!) on 22:29 - Jul 26 with 2766 viewsmorningstar

The Guidolin Effect (or lack of it!) on 22:12 - Jul 26 by monmouth

Hmm...what's that I can smell...?

I smell 'stranger'! We don't like strangers.

The Guidolin Effect (or lack of it!) on 22:32 - Jul 26 with 2734 viewsblaine_scfc

The Guidolin Effect (or lack of it!) on 22:28 - Jul 26 by Brynmill_Jack

Francesco was out jogging along the seafront by St helens at 5. I beeped and waved and he stopped to wave back. I think I "Darraned" him.

It couldn't of been Franco, he's at deaths door.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2016 22:46]
The Guidolin Effect (or lack of it!) on 22:36 - Jul 26 with 2692 viewsBanosswan

Yes, Joe didn't come back to the team whose academy he came through and spent years developing at because the current manager's English is slightly iffy.

You worry unnecessarily.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

The Guidolin Effect (or lack of it!) on 22:40 - Jul 26 with 2661 viewsmorningstar

The Guidolin Effect (or lack of it!) on 22:28 - Jul 26 by Brynmill_Jack

What would Rodgers have done then? Flicked the V's with one hand and given you the vvanking gesture with the other?

The Guidolin Effect (or lack of it!) on 22:40 - Jul 26 with 2656 viewsMagicDaps

We've had bids accepted for third players, and all three have joined us.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

The Guidolin Effect (or lack of it!) on 22:44 - Jul 26 with 2626 viewsraynor94

The Guidolin Effect (or lack of it!) on 22:28 - Jul 26 by blaine_scfc

Joe signed for Stoke because there was no offer on the table from us.

I honestly can't believe we are getting negative posts about the manager who fixed Monks complete and utter f*ck up alongside Curt, before the season has started. He has said himself, he is not in control of signings, Huw and co are. If we don't strengthen, the buck stops at them and the yanks, no one else.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2016 22:29]

There was an offer on the table from us, 8 million

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The Guidolin Effect (or lack of it!) on 22:48 - Jul 26 with 2590 viewsblaine_scfc

The Guidolin Effect (or lack of it!) on 22:44 - Jul 26 by raynor94

There was an offer on the table from us, 8 million

Which was rejected by Liverpool. We never had the go ahead to even speak to Joe officially.

He went to Stoke because they paid the cash, not because Guidolin didn't have the same effect as Mark Hughes. Not saying you said that by the way, just on about the OP.
The Guidolin Effect (or lack of it!) on 23:06 - Jul 26 with 2517 viewsicecoldjack

Good. I'm glad we arnt the focus of the media as all they normally do is stir the shit and twist words of our managers.

As for not speaking the lingo, many players in the prem league hardly speak passable English so if he was speaking the Queens the likes of montero would still be clueless .
The Guidolin Effect (or lack of it!) on 23:19 - Jul 26 with 2454 viewsdailew

The Guidolin Effect (or lack of it!) on 23:06 - Jul 26 by icecoldjack

Good. I'm glad we arnt the focus of the media as all they normally do is stir the shit and twist words of our managers.

As for not speaking the lingo, many players in the prem league hardly speak passable English so if he was speaking the Queens the likes of montero would still be clueless .

Montero's English has improved vastly in the last six months.

He'd been sharing a room on away trips with Shelvey since his arrival and his command of the language had been going backwards at a rate of knots.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

The Guidolin Effect (or lack of it!) on 23:21 - Jul 26 with 2442 viewsjackrabbit

I'm not panicking but I am getting a little concerned re Signor Guidolin. I was expecting to see us linked with one or two Serie A 'secondary' players by now. ,What I mean by 'secondary' is not the megastar types who go to Chelsea or Man City, but the solid under-the- radar performers at the Italian top level. Examples during the Laudrup era were Michu, Hernandes and Flores in La Liga. Where are the Italian equivalents? I was optimistic when he brought in Paloschi very swiftly when we needed him. But since then, nothing. Not even a rumour!

I'm hoping that Guidolin does not turn out to be a distant relative of Paulo Sousa. There was a manager who had been a top quality superstar as a player, but didn't seem to have made any contacts along the way. I can't remember him bringing anybody into the team.

It's all very well having a good man-manager at the helm, but it's more important, in my mind, that he has a healthy thick little black book of potential recruits. Now that the new owners have finalised things, perhaps we'll see some action on the player front. We need new blood just to keep the old blood happy. Losing Gylfi and Ayew would be a total and utter disaster.
The Guidolin Effect (or lack of it!) on 23:29 - Jul 26 with 2402 viewsdailew

The Guidolin Effect (or lack of it!) on 23:21 - Jul 26 by jackrabbit

I'm not panicking but I am getting a little concerned re Signor Guidolin. I was expecting to see us linked with one or two Serie A 'secondary' players by now. ,What I mean by 'secondary' is not the megastar types who go to Chelsea or Man City, but the solid under-the- radar performers at the Italian top level. Examples during the Laudrup era were Michu, Hernandes and Flores in La Liga. Where are the Italian equivalents? I was optimistic when he brought in Paloschi very swiftly when we needed him. But since then, nothing. Not even a rumour!

I'm hoping that Guidolin does not turn out to be a distant relative of Paulo Sousa. There was a manager who had been a top quality superstar as a player, but didn't seem to have made any contacts along the way. I can't remember him bringing anybody into the team.

It's all very well having a good man-manager at the helm, but it's more important, in my mind, that he has a healthy thick little black book of potential recruits. Now that the new owners have finalised things, perhaps we'll see some action on the player front. We need new blood just to keep the old blood happy. Losing Gylfi and Ayew would be a total and utter disaster.

Sousa did well.

Lost Scotland and Gomez (30 plus goals?) yet still got a higher finish.

The Guidolin Effect (or lack of it!) on 23:32 - Jul 26 with 2387 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Guidolin Effect (or lack of it!) on 22:40 - Jul 26 by morningstar

What would Rodgers have done then? Flicked the V's with one hand and given you the vvanking gesture with the other?

Rodgers probably would have been too bg headed to jog down the seafront.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Guidolin Effect (or lack of it!) on 23:36 - Jul 26 with 2371 viewsdailew

The Guidolin Effect (or lack of it!) on 23:32 - Jul 26 by Brynmill_Jack

Rodgers probably would have been too bg headed to jog down the seafront.

He wouldn't even move.

He'd just be out standing.

The Guidolin Effect (or lack of it!) on 23:39 - Jul 26 with 2345 viewsmorningstar

The Guidolin Effect (or lack of it!) on 23:21 - Jul 26 by jackrabbit

Do not fret my son. Guidolin and Paulo Sousa are worlds apart. Sousa told the board he wanted no say over transfers as it wasn't his responsibility. Whereas Guidolin has been told he has no say over transfers as it's not his responsibility. Hope this helps.

The Guidolin Effect (or lack of it!) on 23:50 - Jul 26 with 2311 viewsairedale

The Guidolin Effect (or lack of it!) on 21:48 - Jul 26 by Trewyddfa_Jack

Look what happened when we did, he certainly wasn't premier league quality.
He obviously knew that and did well to move on.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2016 21:49]

No drama butt, we may be relegated this season so you won't have to worry then.
The Guidolin Effect (or lack of it!) on 23:55 - Jul 26 with 2288 viewsnyc_swans

i've become a very big fan of Guidolin in his time at Swansea. he's understated, which is the total opposite of most managers. he's a gentleman. he has a resume that makes him more than qualified to coach this club. he's a bit of an oddball, which is fun.

and also, in many ways, he's an outsider and that's what made me love swansea originally. i think he's perfect for this gig.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024