Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leonardo Ulloa 12:19 - Jul 27 with 8893 viewshughesy2013

Why on earth are the swans going in for that striker....sky sports just confirmed we have made a bid for the striker hardly scores any goals and is 30 years old!..... with this ambition swans are going down this year!
[Post edited 27 Jul 2016 12:21]
Leonardo Ulloa on 12:26 - Jul 27 with 3907 viewsDafyddHuw

He'd be an excellent additrion to the squad.
Leonardo Ulloa on 12:26 - Jul 27 with 3905 viewsHugeEnkins

We've been going down every year since Laudrup's second season. However, I find the lack of activity disturbing
Leonardo Ulloa on 12:32 - Jul 27 with 3827 viewslondonlisa2001

Leonardo Ulloa on 12:26 - Jul 27 by DafyddHuw

He'd be an excellent additrion to the squad.

Only if we already had or were planning on bringing in a much better forward option than him and he was our 'Eder' for the season.

If we genuinely bring in Ulloa and HRK then i have no idea what on earth we're doing.
Leonardo Ulloa on 12:34 - Jul 27 with 3810 viewsKGriz16

decent signing, good back up. i think he's decent. similar to Bony imo if used right
Leonardo Ulloa on 12:36 - Jul 27 with 3775 viewslondonlisa2001

Leonardo Ulloa on 12:34 - Jul 27 by KGriz16

decent signing, good back up. i think he's decent. similar to Bony imo if used right

What leads you to believe that this would be the back up?
Leonardo Ulloa on 12:40 - Jul 27 with 3730 viewsKGriz16

we're signing Bony.
Leonardo Ulloa on 12:41 - Jul 27 with 3719 viewsMagicDaps

He's a good striker. Yes, he's 30 but not somebody that's ever relied on pace so I don't think it's that big of a deal. He can hold the ball up, he's good technically and lethal in the air. Leicester fans will want to keep hold of him because of how useful he for a target man, certainly not a player to turn our noses up at.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Leonardo Ulloa on 12:43 - Jul 27 with 3689 viewslondonlisa2001

Leonardo Ulloa on 12:40 - Jul 27 by KGriz16

we're signing Bony.

If true (and I hope we don't but realise most want him) then Ulloa would be a terrible back up. Too similar.
Login to get fewer ads

Leonardo Ulloa on 12:45 - Jul 27 with 3664 viewsveng9

He's got a much better scoring record than people think because they only look at his games per goal. Last season he had 161 minutes per goal but because he came off the bench 22 times. It looks like 29 games 6 goals which of course would be poor but he's only played 970 minutes.
Leonardo Ulloa on 12:48 - Jul 27 with 3629 viewsA_Fans_Dad

He sounds like the ideal replacement for Gomis, if you know what I mean.
Leonardo Ulloa on 12:50 - Jul 27 with 3589 viewsJango

Leonardo Ulloa on 12:43 - Jul 27 by londonlisa2001

If true (and I hope we don't but realise most want him) then Ulloa would be a terrible back up. Too similar.

So if bony was to get injured we'd have to change our system due to having a different type of striker. We've got Ayew who can be the different option up top. I'd snap you're hand off for bony and ulloa
Leonardo Ulloa on 12:50 - Jul 27 with 3574 viewslondonlisa2001

Leonardo Ulloa on 12:48 - Jul 27 by A_Fans_Dad

He sounds like the ideal replacement for Gomis, if you know what I mean.

Speaking of which, when on earth is he actually going to sign for Marseille? He's training with them and has even announced his number, so what's the holdup? Thousands of pounds down the drain every day it's not done.
Leonardo Ulloa on 12:52 - Jul 27 with 3551 viewsLeonisGod

If we're still fixating about former players, someone like Borini would be a better backup option in that case. Or even Oliveira.

And what happened to the Guidetti link? I haven't seen anything on this for a while but Huw likes a drawn out transfer.
Leonardo Ulloa on 12:56 - Jul 27 with 3503 viewslondonlisa2001

Leonardo Ulloa on 12:50 - Jul 27 by Jango

So if bony was to get injured we'd have to change our system due to having a different type of striker. We've got Ayew who can be the different option up top. I'd snap you're hand off for bony and ulloa

I would prefer we had some variety. Because under your scenario what happens if it's Ayew that gets injured (or indeed, isn't it the AFCON this season - so we do lose him for a few weeks at least). We don't have a way of changing the set up if it's not working.

One of the reasons I don't want Bony is the AFCON by the way - we'd lose Ayew and Bony for January / February.
Leonardo Ulloa on 12:56 - Jul 27 with 3504 viewsMagicDaps

Leonardo Ulloa on 12:45 - Jul 27 by veng9

He's got a much better scoring record than people think because they only look at his games per goal. Last season he had 161 minutes per goal but because he came off the bench 22 times. It looks like 29 games 6 goals which of course would be poor but he's only played 970 minutes.

His goals per game rate was 0.557, a goal more than every other ninety minutes.

When played regularly in 14/15, he scored 13 goals despite being in a Leicester side that struggled up until April.

His goal record for Brighton was excellent.

Leonardo Ulloa on 13:02 - Jul 27 with 3433 viewsTom1912

Why on earth would you hope we don't sign Bony out of curiosity?
Leonardo Ulloa on 13:04 - Jul 27 with 3404 viewspencoedjack

Leonardo Ulloa on 12:50 - Jul 27 by Jango

Me too although I think there is not a snowflakes in hell chance in hell of us signing Wilf & Ulloa
Leonardo Ulloa on 13:05 - Jul 27 with 3384 viewsLandore_Jack

The graveyard of ambition.

#backtojack

Leonardo Ulloa on 13:06 - Jul 27 with 3368 viewsmonmouth

Leonardo Ulloa on 12:26 - Jul 27 by HugeEnkins

We've been going down every year since Laudrup's second season. However, I find the lack of activity disturbing

We were going down in those first two seasons too according to all the 'experts' (copyright skippy). This signing would concern me somewhat though. Not pacy, not razor sharp, a poor mans battering ram when we need a rapier.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Leonardo Ulloa on 13:06 - Jul 27 with 3358 viewsjasper_T

Leonardo Ulloa on 13:02 - Jul 27 by Tom1912

Why on earth would you hope we don't sign Bony out of curiosity?

Bereft of confidence, out of practice and 35 years young.
Leonardo Ulloa on 13:06 - Jul 27 with 3357 viewsFar_Post

Ulloa would certainly be an upgrade on Gomis in my opinion. It would give Gylfi a target in the penalty area as well for balls into the box.

No objections to this happening.

Blog: The C Word

Leonardo Ulloa on 13:11 - Jul 27 with 3298 viewsTom1912

Leonardo Ulloa on 13:06 - Jul 27 by jasper_T

Bereft of confidence, out of practice and 35 years young.

I think as soon as he starts playing for us regularly, in a system suited to his talents, his confidence, and goals, will come flooding back.
Leonardo Ulloa on 13:14 - Jul 27 with 3249 viewsmagicdaps10

Totally underwhelming signing, even worse if he is coming in as our no 1 striker.

Think it would be a desperation signing and at 30yrs old would cost around 8M............come on guys!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Leonardo Ulloa on 13:17 - Jul 27 with 3210 viewsKrisP

17 goals in 36 Premier League starts isn't a bad record at all. Also, we don't have a single striker so I'd be happy to see him join.
Leonardo Ulloa on 13:19 - Jul 27 with 3194 viewsMagicDaps

Leonardo Ulloa on 13:14 - Jul 27 by magicdaps10

Totally underwhelming signing, even worse if he is coming in as our no 1 striker.

Think it would be a desperation signing and at 30yrs old would cost around 8M............come on guys!

Who would you be happy with us bringing in to lead the line then this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024